Pride And Prejudice And Zombies

Chat about everything to do with Horror here

Pride And Prejudice And Zombies

Postby thecomedian on Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:52 pm

Wasn't sure where to put this, so since it has zombies in it....

Anyone else read/reading this? I'm just waiting for my copy to come, I have high hopes! I love classic literature AND zombies, this book is like a dream come true!
thecomedian

Re: Pride And Prejudice And Zombies

Postby annachronism on Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:40 pm

hehehe, i absolutely love this book! i haven't finished it yet, but now the uni semester + my exams are finished, i'll have to find it amongst all my packing and finish it off. while most of it just reads like amusingly bad fanfiction, when you think about it, it does make sense...for instance, in the original novel, the bennet sisters are looked down upon because they lack social skills- in P+P+Z, they lack the social skills that other women considered necessary because they spent half their lives in china training to be warriors! i read an interview with the author, where he said that he chose to write P+P+Z instead of 'wuthering heights and werewolves' or something because he'd always wondered why a regiment of soldiers were suddenly stationed at meryton- now he's answered that question :P and although i'm sad that he didn't write the werewolf novel, his next project is apparently going to be 'abraham lincoln- vampire slayer' and that sounds just as lol-worthy !
annachronism

Return to HORROR