The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Chat about everything Anime here

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Postby JakeX on Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:33 pm

Well i went out on sunday christmas shopping and saw this being sold in HMV and bought it out of interest.

I thought it was going to be cheese when i watched it, but in honest opinion it was heart warming and a lovely story went with it, though i did lose track of what time period she was in half the time (people who have watched would know what i mean).

But i just wanna see other peoples opinions but i just plain loved it :D
JakeX

Re: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Postby Toadsanime on Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:15 pm

viewtopic.php?f=115&t=10265
:mrgreen:

But anyway, yeah, I'll probably be buying this after Christmas with the Christmas money I'm receiving. :D
Toadsanime

Postby Keitee on Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:53 pm

I LOVE THIS MOVIE! n__n
I saw it about 1 year ago on the internet and I was like.. "Wooow, I like this." xDD
I want to buy the Dvd but I can't find it in the HMV's in my town. =__=;;
Keitee

Postby CrownClown on Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:42 pm

Aww I love this film! Its one of my favourites! I came across it by chance too. I was browsing in HMV and picked it up and read the back and thought it sounded really interesting. So when I got home I bought it online.
Its a beautiful film, the art style is just stunning!
CrownClown

Postby LugiaGX on Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:47 am

Loved this film. Nicely presented and the dub was pretty solid too. Only real problem was I could kinda see what was going to happen early on... like I said though the way it was executed was really nice. Guess i'm a sucker for these kind of films :lol:

On a side note i'm jealous of the USA version of this movie. They get a nice artbox and they get the soundtrack with the film as well. Lucky USA they always get better anime dvd/boxsets than we do in UK...
LugiaGX

Postby Freyarule on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:34 pm

I cried during this film because I am a wuss when it comes to films like this T____T

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AT THE END DON'T STOP IT THERE- DAMN.

But yes, I really do love this film :) I managed to get the soundtrack to it, which I enjoy listening to (although on a crappy day it usually causes me to cry again O_____o)
Oct13 - Gou-chan/IceClimber/RainCard
Freyarule

Postby Tobius on Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:01 pm

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is one of my favourite animated films. I loved it. I read the title and read the description and knew I would love it, and surely enough I did.
Tobius

Postby CrystalNeko on Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:28 pm

Freyarule wrote:I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AT THE END DON'T STOP IT THERE- DAMN.

AGREED! D8 I WANT MOOOOORE!! JUST 20 MORE MINUTES, WHYYYYYYYYYYY!? D8

They probably ended it like that on purpose to open up many different endings, but I personally found it disappointing that they ended it like that and think they should have had a much better conclusion. It's the only reason why I would give it 4/5 rather than 5/5. Otherwise it really is an amazing movie!

It's so lovely and heartwarming, I always cried - I held it back in though!

When I read the title and blurb I didn't think much of it at all. I just thought it would be incredibly cliche about the lessons of time travel, which it is, but they did it successfully which took me by surprise and ended up loving it and wanting my own copy! (I borrowed it off a friend haha~) Wish I had taken interest in it when it first came out, I've been missing out all these years : P
CrystalNeko

Postby livianimegirl on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:31 pm

I love The Girl Who Leapt Through Time!
Sat/Sun - Mituna
livianimegirl

Postby TJPguy on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:02 pm

Wasn't a bad film for the price, but I did find it awfully hard to understand what was going on and understand. I had to go to IMDB and make a thread for basically an explanation for the entire plot. The answers were good and it makes sense now, but it definitely was a bit of a toughie too understand without help.
It doesn't help that as a perfectionist, I need to understand every tiny detail before I can be happy :lol:
TJPguy

Return to ANIME