FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST SEASON 2(BROTHERHOOD) IS OUT TODAY !!!!

Chat about everything Anime here

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST SEASON 2(BROTHERHOOD) IS OUT TODAY !!!!

Postby liteskinhoney on Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:45 am

Hey i no most have you have known about the new fullemetal for about a year but now it has been confirmed to air

MONDAY 6TH OF APRIL

OH MY WORD I HAVE BEEN WAITING A VERY LONG TIME FOR THIS HOPE IT DELIEVERS WELL.OK HERES THE ACTUAL CONFIRMATION.

The animeanime.jp website reports that the North American anime distributor Funimation will begin offering the 2009 Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood anime series on its own website on April 9 at 12:00 p.m. — four days after the Japanese television premiere. This is the second television adaptation of Hiromu Arakawa's dark fantasy manga, which follows two brothers who risked their bodies with human alchemy to unsuccessfully resurrect their mother. Now the two attempt to restore their bodies by seeking the illusive Philosopher's Stone, and they are not alone in their quest. France will be able to see the same Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood anime series on the YouTube video-streaming website. Funimation also holds the licenses for television broadcast and packaged video releases in North America.

Update: Additional information added.

Update 2: The official Japanese Fullmetal Alchemist website has confirmed the details of the multinational premieres:
Region Source Premiere Date
Australia Madman.com Days after April 5
Francophone Europe YouTube/Dybex Within 1 week of April 5
Hong Kong TVB April 22, 11:30 p.m.
Japan MBS/TBS network April 5, 5:00 p.m.
North America Funimation.com April 9, 12:00 p.m. ET
Philippines Animax-asia April 10, 8:30 p.m.
South Asia Animax-asia April 10, 8:30 p.m.
Southeast Asia Animax-asia April 10, 8:30 p.m.
Taiwan Animax-asia April 11, 10:30 p.m.

LOL IF YOU LOVE FULLMETAL YOU'LL ATTEMPT TO READ THAT ^^^

sorry for tha bad presentation anyhoo so what are your expectations
liteskinhoney

Re: FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST SEASON 2(BROTHERHOOD) IS OUT TODAY !!!!

Postby sunny1r on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:59 pm

its already out fansubbed. Really good quality too. animation is much better, and although i watched the dubbed the japanese dub isn't too uch of a change although i do prefer the english version.

btw do you know where the anime picks off from the last season? Do we have to imagine that episode 15 was the last episode before things changed, or is it picking itself up from the beginning?
sunny1r

Postby alicedragon on Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:07 pm

It starts sort of in the same way as the last anime series, not right from the start of the Elric brother's life, but during a fight between another alchemist.

I really liked the first episode, although I preffered the old VAs.
I was also quite suprised that Kimblee made an apperance in the first episode!
It's probably hinting to those who don't read the manga that he becomes quite a big character.
alicedragon

Postby liteskinhoney on Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:16 pm

i saw tha ep today wowwww im so happy they didnt ruin it.
good music,good storyline(funny as hell) and great animation(kinda different to tha last season) so all in all its beautiful and i'm real happy to see fullmetal back even though they never really left :D
liteskinhoney

Postby Dominoed on Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:00 pm

So far I absolutley love this new series x3
*is a Zolf fangirl and is very happy that he was in episode one xD*
I love the theme song, and the new animation style, it resembles the manga's art style alot more now :3
Saturday: Switzerland (Heidi) (?)
Sunday: Maguri.
Dominoed

Postby Manga Girl on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:04 pm

I've just watched it and I really enjoyed it :D
Roll on episode 2!
Manga Girl

Postby ukotaku on Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:21 pm

Im surprised i still laugh at the Edward is small joke xDDD

I just want to see Ling ASAP in the anime >_<
Saturday: Yumasaki Walker-Durarara!!
Sunday: Orihara Izaya-Durarara!!
ukotaku

Postby Dominoed on Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:28 pm

ukotaku wrote:Im surprised i still laugh at the Edward is small joke xDDD

I just want to see Ling ASAP in the anime >_<

You're not the only one x3
Xaio-Mei too xD
And I want to see Zolf in his white suit with the stone between his teeth xD

There are so many scenes which I wish to see animated x3
Saturday: Switzerland (Heidi) (?)
Sunday: Maguri.
Dominoed

Postby Kitai on Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:49 am

Oo, I'd better catch-up with this thread.

It's finally here and it's awesome!! I'd wished for this series ever since the original one strayed so far from the manga story.

My first impressions (episode one - though I've seen episode two and thought it was great too):

The opening's great and the ending's cute!! =3

And I got to squee over Ed all over agian!! He's so cute and awesome and yaaayyy!! =^.^=

And his voice!! Squeeeee!!

I mean, I found out before (as I think I mentioned in a previous post) that it was gonna be Romi doing it again, but actually really properly hearing Ed's voice of awesomeness was just so, well, awesooooommmmme!!

I lol'd when a certain character popped-up a couple of times coz I know it's gonna confuse the hell outta non-manga readers. XP

Oh man, I can't wait for more of this!! =D

It was very packed-full. But alot of shows do that kinda thing with a first episode. I think it's coz they wanna make an impact and show as much of the coming elements as possible. I kinda like it that way. Keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering who'll pop-out next!! XP

The only let-down (and it's a major one) is the episode has bugger-all to do with the manga (as far as I can remember). And the whole point of this new series was to follow the manga's storyline instead of doing what the last anime did, and make stuff up as it went along.

But, again, I think it's just because they wanna give everyone a little taste of everything yet to come as they've already given us a slice of action, drama, comedy, and the appearance of a certain character previously only seen in the manga, and a certain thing linked to Issac's death, it's bound to hook people in.

So yeah... I loved it, apart from the nagging inside me going "this isn't what happened in the manga"... I've already had that during one series - I don't want it during another!! >_<

But I'm willing to bet the first episodes are just like this to kick-start things and get the anime-only peeps curious, and thus, hooked.

And anime+manga peeps, like me, drooling at the thought of all the goodies yet to come!!

Though... I'm dreading a certain few things too. I mean, let's face it, anime or manga wise, Fullmetal Alchemist has a way of not only tugging at your heart, but well-and-truely crushing it!!

But... anyways... on a lighter note...

Did anyone else get that feeling, with that guy going "Fullmetal Alchemist" during the eye-catchers, that they were playing a video-game!? XDDD

Seriously, it was like when you play a beat-em-up and you choose a character and their name is said out really dramatically!! XP

So, yeah. I spent most of the night in "Squee Mode" when this came back. ^^;
Kitai

Postby Fungashi on Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:06 pm

I'm waiting for it to go up to about 10 then i'll start rewatching
Fungashi

Postby xjessjessxx on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:14 pm

i really want to watch it!! but im not the best reader so its a pain for me to watch it subbed! so i have to wait till it comes out dubbed to enjoy it proply! does anyone know when its out in the uk? or anything? funimation says not till mid this year T-T xx
xjessjessxx

Re: FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST SEASON 2(BROTHERHOOD) IS OUT TODAY !

Postby CrownClown on Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:25 am

Best series ever! Nothing in my mind can match the brillence of this series! It is just amazing!
I can't believe its over :( Hopefully the movie they are planning will be excellent too!

I keeping up with the dub aswell, at least then I can still watch FMAB weekly still and the dub is fantastic! I can't wait for the DVD's to come out!
CrownClown

Return to ANIME