Favorite Voice actor?

Chat about everything Anime here

Re: Favorite Voice actor?

Postby emROARS on Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:05 am

Crispin Freeman and Vic. <3

I'm not too sure on Seiyuu however, except Hideo Ishikawa. He's a dolls and his voice. <3
emROARS

Postby neko_riddles on Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:31 pm

Well if we're talking voice actors, then I would say Frank Welker and Peter cullin (Megatron/Freddy jones and optimus prime respectively) but since this is about anime, I'm gonna say Frank Swaile, voice of Light Yagami :P
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
neko_riddles

Postby Posscat on Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:55 pm

neko_riddles wrote:Well if we're talking voice actors, then I would say Frank Welker and Peter cullin (Megatron/Freddy jones and optimus prime respectively) but since this is about anime, I'm gonna say Frank Swaile, voice of Light Yagami :P

Brad Swaile is Light Yagami ;D
And yes, I concur with Brad. Awesome voice actor and very nice guy. Met him at oct expo last year. Yuri Lowenthal is a pretty decent voice actor~ (Gurren Lagannnn~ <3)
Posscat

Postby neko_riddles on Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:27 pm

Posscat wrote:
neko_riddles wrote:Well if we're talking voice actors, then I would say Frank Welker and Peter cullin (Megatron/Freddy jones and optimus prime respectively) but since this is about anime, I'm gonna say Frank Swaile, voice of Light Yagami :P

Brad Swaile is Light Yagami ;D
And yes, I concur with Brad. Awesome voice actor and very nice guy. Met him at oct expo last year. Yuri Lowenthal is a pretty decent voice actor~ (Gurren Lagannnn~ <3)

Woops, yeah I meant Brad... my bad :P
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
neko_riddles

Postby DarkWolf on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:51 pm

All Japanese.

Kentarō Itō who voices Renji in Bleach. He's got a nice voice, it just sounds cool. :)

Tomokazu Sugita who voices Subaru in X/1999. He also voices Nova in Bleach and they sound similar, but in Gintama, which my friend watches, he voices Gintoki Sakata, but he sounds so much different because he sounds much more alive. XD

Junichi Suwabe who voices Fuma in X/1999, but also Grimmjow in Bleach.

Yeah that'll do. :)
DarkWolf

Postby LadyVessalius on Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:40 pm

.. I gotta go with Crispin Freeman!
Although I do love Yuri Lowenthal ^.^ Crispin Freeman is my favourite though! No contest! :lol: :D
LadyVessalius

Postby DarkWolf on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:15 pm

LadyVessalius wrote:.. I gotta go with Crispin Freeman!
Although I do love Yuri Lowenthal ^.^ Crispin Freeman is my favourite though! No contest! :lol: :D

Yes, I liked him in X/1999 too as Fuuma, so that makes his original & English voice good for the character. :)
DarkWolf

Postby Nen on Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:21 pm

Vic Mignogna. Although I also like Steve Blum, Yuri Lowenthal, Caitlin Glass and Aaron Dismuke.
As for a favourite Seiyuu I'd say Daisuke Namikawa. :3
Casual!Miku (VOCALOID)|Fionna (Adventure Time)
Nen

Postby Link-1991 on Thu May 20, 2010 10:48 am

Yuri Lowenthal is my all time fave. He's just downright awesome. Nuff said. <3

Second fave would have to Johnny Yong Bosch, just cos his scream/battle cry is to die for. XD
Link-1991

Postby CrownClown on Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:07 am

Favourite voice actors: Vic Mignogna, Greg Ayres and Todd Haberkorn. Though I also really like Catlin Glass, Travis Willingham, Aaron Dismuke, Chris Sabat, Chris Patton, Jerry Jewell, Luci Christian, Colleen Clinkenbeard and many more of the FUNi staff!

My favourite seiyū are Sanae Kobayashi and Romi Paku they voice my favourite characters Allen Walker and Edward Elric but I'm also a fan of all the seiyū from the Brotherhood series + I love all the voices from any subs I see mostly but these are my particular faves!! <3
CrownClown

Postby Smochi on Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:27 am

Vic Mignogna is my favourite person in the universe, let alone voice actor. :3 Nicest guy ever. I've liked every role i've heard him in, too.
My favourite female voice actor is Luci Christian. She's so versatile and I love every role i've heard her in.

Seiyuu-wise, I'm shocked no-one's mentioned Hiroshi Kamiya. I fangirl him so hard.<333
Likewise Aya Hirano, but I just fangirl her in general. She's gorgeous. I'm more than a little bit gay for her. xD;

Recently, i've been really into Yuuki Aoi. (Murasaki Kuhouin-Kure-nai, Noel Kannagi-Sora no Woto, Mina Tepes-Dance in the Vampire Bund, etc.) She's only 18 but she's amazingly talented.

also everyone from K-ON is great. -shot by anime snobs- Seriously, Aki Toyosaki's voice is pure MOE. I could listen to Yui talk all day. And Yoko Hikasa is great and versatile and a fantastic singer, and Minako Kotobuki can seriously change her voice, not to mention it's lovely to listen to generally (and imo she's even better a singer than Yoko Hikasa, but that could just be my bias towards Mugi<3) and the laugh Satomi Satou does as Ritsu is just genius.
But y'know, my opinion probably doesn't count now, because it's cool to hate K-ON these days.

I'd second Mai Nakahara and Mamiko Noto, not out of my bias for CLANNAD(Kotomi isn't even my favourite Mamiko role anyway, Sawako Kuronuma of Kimi ni Todoke is<3) but because they are both AMAZING.
Also Crispin Freeman, who has a habit of making dubs he's in better than the original, not to mention being a big anime fan himself and really intelligent and...kind of sexy for it. >w> (Geeky turn ons of mine...)

There are loads of others, but I couldn't list them all.
Smochi

Postby LugiaGX on Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:02 am

English VA's i'd have to say Troy Baker he's so awesome as Yuri in Tales of Vesperia makes him sound real badass. Also Laura Bailey she's really good at pulling off different voices loved her as Ayaka and Evangeline in Negima.

Japanese VA's i'd go with Ikue Ohtani how can anyone not love her as Chopper :D. Plus love the fact she also does Pikachu. Also Kazuhiko Inoue love the way he does Kakashi and Shiron from Legendz he always manages to make the characters sound real chilled yet so awesome when they fight etc.
LugiaGX

Postby binxiipop on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:42 pm

Nen wrote:Vic Mignogna. Although I also like Steve Blum, Yuri Lowenthal, Caitlin Glass and Aaron Dismuke.

These are all of my favourites, plus Travis, because he is so funny. :D
binxiipop

Postby Tobius on Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm

My favourite voice actor is Seiko Chiba. Her voice is lovely and really cute. I also like Aya Hirano.
Tobius

Postby CrimsonGaara on Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:58 am

Noriaki Sugiyama.
CrimsonGaara

Postby Guy-kun on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:26 pm

Aki Toyosakiiiiiiiii ¦3
Guy-kun

Postby Moondoggie on Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:51 am

Kaori Shimizu and Ikue Ōtani as far as japanese V.A's go

Dub wise i like Stephanie Sheh and Tiffany Grant
Moondoggie

Postby LottieMoonxx on Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:06 pm

Ryotaro Okiayu and John Burgmeier who Play Shigure Sohmas Voice in Fruits Basket :)
LottieMoonxx

Postby Yagami-Light on Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:34 pm

Mamoru Miyano and Aya Hirano.

Sounds so cliché because they're "Mainstream" but they play some of my favourite Anime Protagonists and they perfect their roles.

Also, I don't watch dubs, but English-wise it has to be Dan Green because he played Yami-Yugi. And his deep, badass manly voice is just so much win!
Call me Mouse.
Yagami-Light

Previous

Return to ANIME