Axis Powers Hetalia?

Chat about everything Anime here

Axis Powers Hetalia?

Postby oElectronic on Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:52 pm

I'm pretty sure that someone made a thread about this once but it seems to have disappeared....so yeah.

Anyway is anyone a fan of this wonderful anime? It's one of my favourites, if not my most favourite anime ever :mrgreen:
I just think it's so amazing and pretty clever, and it's been announced that Funimation has got the rights to it, so I wonder what the dub'll be like...
oElectronic

Re: Axis Powers Hetalia?

Postby alicedragon on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:20 pm

It's alright. I don't think it's particularly funny/clever, but I do like it. It's something I view as being a sort of Twilight, where the actual work is sort of a guilty pleasure (I'm big on history and this Hetalia isn't very accurate) but some of the fans (The ones that go around screaming ITARIAHxDOEITSU YAOI ELL OHH ELL)

I much prefer the comics, as they have very interesting facts put in :) The anime is ok, but I lost track of all the episodes since they're in little un-related chunks. There's much better mini 5 minute animes such as Damekko Doubutsu, though.
alicedragon

Postby PureLiterary on Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:42 pm

They do get alot of facts right actually, and aducate you on little things.
There an axis powers hetalia threat in Cosplay and Costuming for May 2010.
I'm being Austria (in case you hadn't guessed)
Austria: The Original Gentleman
PureLiterary

Postby alicedragon on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:41 am

PureLiterary wrote:They do get alot of facts right actually, and aducate you on little things.

The manga may, but the anime is just a sausage fest with a few moemoe bits thrown in. also >aducate
alicedragon

Postby PureLiterary on Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:36 pm

alicedragon wrote:
PureLiterary wrote:They do get alot of facts right actually, and aducate you on little things.

The manga may, but the anime is just a sausage fest with a few moemoe bits thrown in. also >aducate

-Facepalm-
Indeed, I just noticed that. But it was just a typo.
The anime's still pretty educational, you just gotta look out for it.
PureLiterary

Postby oElectronic on Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:39 pm

True, I kinda would've guessed that some of the content ain't all too accurate but I still really love it as an anime
oElectronic

Postby TokyoGirl on Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:16 pm

Well i love the anime :D

the manga i've read was just of mangafox...but i haven't read the web comic yet coz it's all jap from what i've seen....and yeah i fail in general XD

i think it's pretty accuarate though, i mean a lot of the things in it i knew from what i've learned from history, so i can't deny most of it. Though i had no idea Sealand existed until Hetalia came along XD XD hahaha yeah i'm English too ftw :D sorry Sealand XD

I'ma gonna take a trip to the hetalia cosplay for may 2010 now :D

I'm doing america woop!
Oct 2010:

Britannia Angel - Hetalia
America - Hetalia
Kumajirou - Hetalia
TokyoGirl

Postby Adziu on Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:32 pm

I dislike Hetalia. It may occasionally throw educational facts out to audiences in the form of obscure trivia, but so much of it is totally inaccurate, misleading or nonsensical that it annoys me more than it entertains me. The Holy Roman Empire and modern Italy interacting, even as a child? How? The countries' histories do not overlap. Why no mention of Libya or the Italian invasion there? Indeed, the very fact that the writer obviously realised at some point that their version of Italy didn't in any way tally with the country's history, so had to pull 'North Italy' out of nowhere - while no other countries with far more significant divides get the same treatment. Take out the pretty-boy element, and I find it very doubtful anyone would still care.

I DO like Sealand, though. I would be happier watching an anime all about Sealand.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby kendolucmon on Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:37 am

im qite glad that funimation got hetalia :D although im not a big fan of sealand sure hes ok and all, but i prefere prussia and russia
kendolucmon

Postby PureLiterary on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:07 pm

I love it, it's my favourite anime.
I can't... take anything seriously anymore.
And ACK Prussia cosplayer.
-Is gonna die-
PureLiterary

Return to ANIME