Studio Ghibli

Chat about everything Anime here

Re: Studio Ghibli

Postby TJPguy on Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:57 am

Adziu wrote:Well, by and large Miyazaki make the more populist works while Takahata's are more arthouse. If you find you prefer the more naturalistic films with more sombre tones, check out Yoshifumi Kondo's Ghibli film Whisper of the Heart, or Takahata's pre-Ghibli Gauche the Cellist. You may also enjoy Kon Satoshi's films from Madhouse.

Thank you for the recommendations, they look great. I'll be sure to try and watch them when I can ^^
TJPguy

Postby ThomasWiecko on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:22 pm

I love Ghibli so much, it's what got me into Anime and Japanese culture around 10yrs ago. My first one was Spirited away but my favourites are Kiki's Delivery Service and My Neighbour Totoro (which is becoming a wee bit of an obsession hehe) I also love Panda! Go Panda! :)

Miyazaki ichban desu!!

T
ThomasWiecko

Postby Adziu on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:34 pm

ThomasWiecko wrote:I love Ghibli so much, it's what got me into Anime and Japanese culture around 10yrs ago. My first one was Spirited away but my favourites are Kiki's Delivery Service and My Neighbour Totoro (which is becoming a wee bit of an obsession hehe) I also love Panda! Go Panda! :)

Miyazaki ichban desu!!

T

Wow, has it already been ten years since Spirited Away? Phew!
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby ThomasWiecko on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:18 am

Pretty much, scary isn't it, I prefer the 80s Ghibli stuff tho, when Miyazaki was still superman whizzing about doing a bit of everything lols
ThomasWiecko

Previous

Return to ANIME