Shippuuden SUCKS

Chat about everything Anime here

Postby kokoro-sama on Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:45 pm

Shun the non believer D;< Aren't you brainwashed already by Naruto sweeping over the UK? (Season 1 only I think *doesn't pay attention). I liked Naruto for awhile, but after it's popularity boom it leaves other much better anime in the shadows. ~w~;; The popularity makes me hate it now.
kokoro-sama

Postby Nessie-chan on Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:35 pm

kokoro-sama wrote:Shun the non believer D;< Aren't you brainwashed already by Naruto sweeping over the UK? (Season 1 only I think *doesn't pay attention). I liked Naruto for awhile, but after it's popularity boom it leaves other much better anime in the shadows. ~w~;; The popularity makes me hate it now.

just because something got popular doesn't mean you shouldn't watch it. Don't be one of those elitist anime fans.

Naruto's popularity in the mainstream has opened the doors for more anime fans. I for one welcome it!

All I have to say on this subject is this- did anyone notice the lapse of quality in the animation of the latest episode.
Slave Ranger!
Nessie-chan

Postby sanji on Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:37 pm

Nessie-chan wrote:
kokoro-sama wrote:Shun the non believer D;< Aren't you brainwashed already by Naruto sweeping over the UK? (Season 1 only I think *doesn't pay attention). I liked Naruto for awhile, but after it's popularity boom it leaves other much better anime in the shadows. ~w~;; The popularity makes me hate it now.

just because something got popular doesn't mean you shouldn't watch it. Don't be one of those elitist anime fans.

Naruto's popularity in the mainstream has opened the doors for more anime fans. I for one welcome it!

All I have to say on this subject is this- did anyone notice the lapse of quality in the animation of the latest episode.
hmm yeah alot of people started off with anime from naruto like me
ImageMy YouTube Click my Sig for latest AMV
sanji

Re:

Postby NinFawx on Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:05 pm

Nessie-chan wrote:All I have to say on this subject is this- did anyone notice the lapse of quality in the animation of the latest episode.

Nyah, I know you posted this quite a while ago, but I know what you mean. The quality does seem to change so frequently. One episode the movements are relatively smooth, and neater, the next it's choppy and where the pupils of the eyes are place drive me crazy. =_=;

Guess I shouldn't complain too much, seen as I really do love the series, could never hate Naruto and end up sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for Dattebayo to release the subbed episode on a friday. -cough-

Not that I'm obsessed or anythin'!

The plot has evolved, a lot, especially when you're up to date with the manga... which is frustrating when you know exactly what is going to happen in the anime, but that's no one's fault but my own. x3

Ahh~ I hope no one thinks too badly of Shippuuden. >.>; The fillers do get annoying, and the drawn out fights do frustrate the hell outta me, but it's all good. So far it's up to episode 44, and the episodes are getting more interesting... even thought the second series is already longer than most normal anime series (and they manage a whole series in 26 episodes or so! o_o; I'd love to see Masashi Kisimoto do that. d:)
NinFawx

Re: Shippuuden SUCKS

Postby Lanowar on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:59 pm

We talking Anime or Manga?

Anime it kinda goes up and down I'll agree to that it jumps up and down but it's still very good, perhaps not as good as Bleach is but I've always liked it more.

The Manga is very good I read the Hidan & Kakuzu arc today and it's a fantastic read especially if your a Shikamaru fan like me
Lanowar

Postby NinFawx on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:40 pm

Lanowar wrote:The Manga is very good I read the Hidan & Kakuzu arc today and it's a fantastic read especially if your a Shikamaru fan like me

I re-read the Hidan-Kakuzu arc, today, and I adore those two characters! I also love Shika, and his amazingly smart techniques. Ahh, I just wish those two weren't killed off so quickly. D':
NinFawx

Re: Re:

Postby Adziu on Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:11 am

NinFawx wrote:
Nessie-chan wrote:All I have to say on this subject is this- did anyone notice the lapse of quality in the animation of the latest episode.

Nyah, I know you posted this quite a while ago, but I know what you mean. The quality does seem to change so frequently. One episode the movements are relatively smooth, and neater, the next it's choppy and where the pupils of the eyes are place drive me crazy. =_=;

It's because Studio Pierrot sends the animation out to various different studios to animate. With budget and time limitations, the trade-off tends to be between staying on-model or sacrificing precision for fluidity. Look at episode 48 (Lee vs. Gaara part 1) for what I think is the ideal balance.

Of course, sometimes you also get bad art AND bad animation...

NinFawx wrote:
Lanowar wrote:The Manga is very good I read the Hidan & Kakuzu arc today and it's a fantastic read especially if your a Shikamaru fan like me

I re-read the Hidan-Kakuzu arc, today, and I adore those two characters! I also love Shika, and his amazingly smart techniques. Ahh, I just wish those two weren't killed off so quickly. D':

The manga frustrates me more than the anime, even though I prefer it. Too often things look to be going somewhere exciting...and then stop. Hidan and Kakuzu are a case in point. These are supposed to be some of the world's most powerful, and they go down so easily. Unimpressed.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby -x-vampire-doll-x- on Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:12 pm

im actually enjoying shippuden, but if you dont want to put up with the battles that go on forever you could change to the manga [[www.onemanga.com is good]]
-x-vampire-doll-x-

Postby Special Pleb on Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:56 pm

Ah I love the manga, I'd like the next chapter now please D: Its only a weeks wait but seems lon enough at this point >.<
Special Pleb

Postby Adziu on Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:17 am

The current fight is so deeply unimpressive I half-hope half-dread it will end soon.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby -x-vampire-doll-x- on Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:44 am

i knoooow! i think sasuke + Itachi will kill eachother O.o nobody and everybody is happy....

and im confused about the wierd frog code and . happened with kisame O.o *runs in circles*
-x-vampire-doll-x-

Postby alucard21 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:30 pm

-x-vampire-doll-x- wrote:im actually enjoying shippuden, but if you dont want to put up with the battles that go on forever you could change to the manga [[www.onemanga.com is good]]

I agree, i read the manga every week on onemanga.com, it keeps me motivated to see it all in motion in the anime and no fillers so YAY!!!
Sometimes i enjoy the fillers and other times i just wish they would hurry up with the story but i see why they do it. Letting the manga get a bit further ahead.

I do agree some of the fillers are a waste of time though. The Kasumi-oji filler episodes in bleach sucked. Theres never any progression of the main characters and most parts of it were extrmemely predictable. Not to mention how the fillers started then how it got back to the main story was just a nightmare (filler episode writers grrrrrrrr)

Naruto ones are just as bad recently, I mean come on, taking naruto out of his rigerous training for his new move just for a crappy mission. Surely the training is more important in times like these and they could have sent another team. lol
10chars???
alucard21

Postby alicedragon on Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:40 pm

me And A few Friends Dubbed Shippuuden Shitpooden.
I Apoligise if It Offends Anyone.
alicedragon

Postby BlackLilyPanda on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:56 am

Shippuuden aint that bad =/
just the episodes are way too long winded and frankly its gotten so much more cheesier T.T
Some of the characters are getting interesting though... cant rememeber what episode im at xD
BlackLilyPanda

Postby Fungashi on Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:41 pm

I like shippuden when its not Fillers, I think SJBonnar made a comment at the top of the page about Bleach, I think Bleach dips in and out of fillers but naruto seems to have a long season of it, At the moment(not thinking of the Bount arc)
Fungashi

Postby Anne Drogenous on Wed May 20, 2009 10:32 am

This is the exact same problem I have with Bleach.
In my eyes, 95% of the episodes are just filler, so I end up stressed when I'm looking at the episode listings, flicking through five-million episodes just to look for the one that has anything to do with the plot.
D:
Anne Drogenous

Postby TrainXIII on Fri May 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Shippuden may suck but it does have really cool DVD covers

http://www.narutohurricane.com/naruto-dvdcovers.html
TrainXIII

Re:

Postby The Time Traveller on Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:21 am

This is a really laaaate reply, I guess this forum isn't that active buuuuuuut

Shinta wrote:
saigan wrote:I'll admit that Naruto really is taking its time to get moving with the story and it is very annoying at times.. but it could be worse.. *thinks back to a certain DragonBall Z "saga" that was basically all just 1 fight*

Most DBZ Sagas were just one fight the Frieza saga - 1 fight spanned over about 26 episodes, The Cell Saga another fight spanned over 26 episodes, etc.

If you're talking about Goku Vs. Freeza and Gohan Vs. Cell, those fights weren't 26 episodes. Goku started fighting Freeza in episode 90, became a Super Saiyan in 95 and finished him off in 105, though that wasn't his end... and Gohan started fighting Cell around 182 and finished him off around episode 190.
The Time Traveller

Postby SantaBla on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:08 pm

Not surprising. I didn't even got past 160 episodes of the original Naruto.

What started out as a decent shonen, ended up as a milk cow that no one gives a damn about anymore.

Shipuuden, I'm not even half way through and I already dropped it.

Manga is the best way to get things.
SantaBla

Postby Saikouze on Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:40 am

A Naruto Arc/Filler Arc/ Movie / OVA summarised in 4 to 5 steps

1. A Village/Town/Tiny Country/Society is taken over by 3/4/5 evil ninja. The leader/mayor/heir/royalty of this location has to go into hiding. They decide to call upon Naruto, Sakura, and then any other two Konoha ninja to help them.
2. The 'heir' happens to be a real jerk, and is mean to everyone despite them risking their lives for the heir. Naruto notices this but Random Konoha Ninja number 3 or 4 will tell him to chill out.
3. The 'Heir' character's best friend dies to protect the heir, but the heir doesn't seem to care. Naruto gets angry and...
(3a, Pre-Shippuuden) Will give his 'never give up speech'.
(3b, Shippuuden) Will monologue about his love for Sasuke.

3con. The 'heir' character says "okay I will be nice, but only after I tell you my horrible past".
4. Naruto, Sakura and the two other Konoha ninja engage the evil ninja. Naruto will take on the evil leader. Naruto Uses Rasengan.

(5. = At somepoint between 1 and 3, if the 'jerk character' isnt a leader, then there is a chance that they are blindly following a suspiciously evil-dressed mentor character.
OR
5. = (If the previous '5' is irrelevant, then there is time to place a Moe scene in the movie, OR a misplaced romance scene between Naruto and the 'heir' character [if they are female])
Last edited by Saikouze on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saikouze

Postby sunny1r on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:09 pm

Yeah I have to agree whole-heartedly with Saikouze's steps for fillers. The fillers are mostly trash and have little to no imagination involved. They could do a filler on an unimportant character and give them more depth like Shino but they follow the same old plot.

But currently we're out of fillers and about to start two of the most epic battles yet: Jiraiya Vs. Pain and Sasuke Vs. Itachi. Plus the recent update to much better quality is an added incentive to watch the newer episodes.
sunny1r

Postby Saikouze on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:13 pm

I think your idea of a character development or background filler to very good, I believe thats what they did for Asuma before his demise (whilst following the same steps mentioned above).

However, I have to disagree with Sasuke vs Itachi being an epic battle. Have you ever done a role-play battle before? If you have, have you ever gone up against someone who just REFUSES to lose? Well, thats basically EXACTLY what the Sasuke vs Itachi battle was, two godmodders who just came up with rubbish to survive

*SPOILERS*

"I attack you!" - Itachi
"Oh umm IT WAS A CLONE! I was actually behind you and I stab you!" - Sasuke
"errrr...Oh but thats was ALSO a clone!! And I shoot you!" - Itachi
etc. etc.
Eventually...
Itachi: OKAY FINE SASUKE YOU WIN GEEZS!!!
Saikouze

Postby sunny1r on Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:01 pm

*SPOILERS*

It was pretty annoying that after all that shadow-cloning almost the entire fight was still a Genjutsu, I think Zetsu hit the nail on the head with "They've been standing for half an hour, when are they gonna do something?!"
sunny1r

Postby Saikouze on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:53 pm

Saikouze wrote:A Naruto Arc/Filler Arc/ Movie / OVA summarised in 4 to 5 steps

1. A Village/Town/Tiny Country/Society is taken over by 3/4/5 evil ninja. The leader/mayor/heir/royalty of this location has to go into hiding. They decide to call upon Naruto, Sakura, and then any other two Konoha ninja to help them.
2. The 'heir' happens to be a real jerk, and is mean to everyone despite them risking their lives for the heir. Naruto notices this but Random Konoha Ninja number 3 or 4 will tell him to chill out.
3. The 'Heir' character's best friend dies to protect the heir, but the heir doesn't seem to care. Naruto gets angry and...
(3a, Pre-Shippuuden) Will give his 'never give up speech'.
(3b, Shippuuden) Will monologue about his love for Sasuke.

3con. The 'heir' character says "okay I will be nice, but only after I tell you my horrible past".
4. Naruto, Sakura and the two other Konoha ninja engage the evil ninja. Naruto will take on the evil leader. Naruto Uses Rasengan.

(5. = At somepoint between 1 and 3, if the 'jerk character' isnt a leader, then there is a chance that they are blindly following a suspiciously evil-dressed mentor character.
OR
5. = (If the previous '5' is irrelevant, then there is time to place a Moe scene in the movie, OR a misplaced romance scene between Naruto and the 'heir' character [if they are female])

The amazing thing is: Naruto defeats Pein at step 3.
Saikouze

Postby emROARS on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:53 am

Saikouze wrote:I think your idea of a character development or background filler to very good, I believe thats what they did for Asuma before his demise (whilst following the same steps mentioned above).

However, I have to disagree with Sasuke vs Itachi being an epic battle. Have you ever done a role-play battle before? If you have, have you ever gone up against someone who just REFUSES to lose? Well, thats basically EXACTLY what the Sasuke vs Itachi battle was, two godmodders who just came up with rubbish to survive

*SPOILERS*

"I attack you!" - Itachi
"Oh umm IT WAS A CLONE! I was actually behind you and I stab you!" - Sasuke
"errrr...Oh but thats was ALSO a clone!! And I shoot you!" - Itachi
etc. etc.
Eventually...
Itachi: OKAY FINE SASUKE YOU WIN GEEZS!!!

...You know that was Genjutsu right? O.o
And you don't read the manga do you? =/
Or do you? Otherwise you'd know that your statement isn't true. O.o
emROARS

Previous

Return to ANIME