Rebuild of Evangelion Vid!

Chat about everything Anime here

Rebuild of Evangelion Vid!

Postby Shinji Ikari on Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:25 pm

Yep heres the first look at the all NEW EVA out in september take a look!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9M5F2Yr0NEw

And i have to say its looking good!
Shinji Ikari

Re: Rebuild of Evangelion Vid!

Postby Junk Boy on Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:17 pm

Why will they never let this series die?

Someone please go get there shotgun and put this poor old fella out it's misery before GAINEX officially murder it.

Also, me and my brother predicted they would do this years ago. He was going to buy the Platinum edition DVDs when I said "Don't bother, just wait for the Evangelion: Lets Milk It More Edition."

And behold - it has arrived.
Junk Boy

Postby Celahir on Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:49 am

Shinji Ikari wrote:Yep heres the first look at the all NEW EVA out in september take a look!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9M5F2Yr0NEw

And i have to say its looking good!

YES! Finally,I read about the new movies a while ago and couldent wait
Celahir

Postby sjbonnar on Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:57 am

It doesn't look as impressive as I was hoping. I would have thought that if they're going to retell the entire story AGAIN they would re-animate the entire thing. It looks almost as if it is just digitally remastered from the original...

Ah well. I'll still watch it...online...for free...LOL
sjbonnar

Postby Adziu on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:22 am

sjbonnar wrote:It doesn't look as impressive as I was hoping. I would have thought that if they're going to retell the entire story AGAIN they would re-animate the entire thing. It looks almost as if it is just digitally remastered from the original...

Oh, it IS reanimated entirely. The quality is much higher - though yes, perhaps I too would've liked to have seen it pushed a little further than it has been. But it's not remastered - they've just exactly recreated some scenes, in terms of composition. I actually welcome the idea of this...mild visual update, and the fourth movie will be all-new. But then, I doubt I'll actually pay anything to see it, either.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby sjbonnar on Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:20 pm

Adziu wrote:
sjbonnar wrote:It doesn't look as impressive as I was hoping. I would have thought that if they're going to retell the entire story AGAIN they would re-animate the entire thing. It looks almost as if it is just digitally remastered from the original...

Oh, it IS reanimated entirely. The quality is much higher - though yes, perhaps I too would've liked to have seen it pushed a little further than it has been. But it's not remastered - they've just exactly recreated some scenes, in terms of composition. I actually welcome the idea of this...mild visual update, and the fourth movie will be all-new. But then, I doubt I'll actually pay anything to see it, either.

LOL As I said, it LOOKS as if it's just been remastered. I can't believe they went the extra mile to animate it all and it still doesn't actually look like the quality and animé movie should have in this day and age...

And isn't the fourth film ANOTHER alternate ending? LOL I love Evangelion, but it really does feel like they're milking it...

Ah well. I'll be looking forward to seeing it, but I won't buy it LOL
sjbonnar

Postby Adziu on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:16 am

Well, the second Rebuild film made everything much more worthwhile. I wrote my thoughts on it at http://adziu.blogspot.com/2010/06/rebui ... n-not.html
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby Takanaki on Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:20 am

They added a new character, and the blue ray version is a massive improvement on the original. I've yet to watch the lot of them due to the similar storyline to the original but I will get around to it sooner or later.
Takanaki

Postby Adziu on Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:53 pm

Kisuke Urahara wrote:Woah, to think 7 posts in this topic span 3 years >.>

Welllll, to be fair I just bumped it from the depths of 2 1/2 years ago rather than making a new topic.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Return to ANIME