lolita fashion

Chat about Japanese Culture and anything that does not go into other sections

Re: lolita fashion

Postby dragonofinfinity on Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:51 pm

I'm getting them from my local independent anime shop, its even cheaper for me as I get a discount for being in the local uni.
Image
User avatar
dragonofinfinity
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: lolita fashion

Postby Wintrale on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:39 pm

dragonofinfinity wrote:I'm getting them from my local independent anime shop, its even cheaper for me as I get a discount for being in the local uni.


Gah... Lucky! D':

Even if it were socially acceptable for a guy to walk down the street wearing one of those, I'd never be able to import it (my parents don't even know I'm going in May as Bridget, so they'd probably kill me if I bought something like that dress! xD).
Image
User avatar
Wintrale
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:40 pm
Location: Gravesend, Kent

Re: lolita fashion

Postby dragonofinfinity on Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:29 pm

I have my first piece of brand!
Angelic Pretty headbow of om nom nom
Image
Image
User avatar
dragonofinfinity
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: lolita fashion

Postby xblackravenx on Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:56 pm

:O ap head eating bow ! its gorgeous !
Image
User avatar
xblackravenx
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:07 pm
Location: Sittingbourne, Kent

Re: lolita fashion

Postby 4yumi on Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:39 pm

so, who is interested in the lolita fashion ?
*Newbee Loli*I am a fan! XD
what style loli are u ?
Mostly I am Gothic Loli but I love the look of Sweet, Classic loli and sometimes Wa-loli (I really want to make a wa-loli >_<)
whats ur fave brand?
I am still new so can't really say yet....
what do ur freinds/family think ?
They love it because they think its nices to see a fashion for teens that is not at all about being sexy but about being cute/lady-like and refined! My grandma & mom love it the most (coz they'er obessed with English history and are snob... >_>/=_='). Most my female (and a few male *cough*) friends are getting involved too hehe...
any pics ?
I am trying to avoid being an "ouch/bad-Loli" like most Newbees so; I won't upload any pics of me in Loli untill it is perfect!! (unless it all falls to pieces and I need internet help ^^')
"Afu~"XP Image
User avatar
4yumi
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:18 pm
Location: London

Re: lolita fashion

Postby dragonofinfinity on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:29 pm

I wouldn't say its a teen fashion, there are alot of lolitas are older and have the income to afford some of the more extravagant things; or lolita in general, its a very costly style thats not easy to maintain (that headbow was nearly £30 second hand, two diffrent types of lace I bought for a skirt cost me £12, I have socks that were £15, and to get the required quailty with sewing pieces is hard.)
I'm in my 20s and only realy got properly into it in the last few years and have only been able to afford it after alot of saving.
Image
User avatar
dragonofinfinity
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: lolita fashion

Postby Wintrale on Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:30 pm

My favourite is Punk Lolita, with certain Classic Lolita clothing (mostly Mary Magdelane branded stuff) really hitting my fancy. I'm not even remotely shy about crossdressing, either, so I've worn almost all the different kinds since I was 14 (so that's almost seven years now), but Punk Lolita is still my favourite. I usually spend a few tens of thousands of yen on Putumayo clothing whenever I go over to Japan... *is a total sucker for awesome clothes*

But yeah, it's always been really expensive... So you can't really explore it properly until you have the funds for it. But when has anything ever been cheap? *looks at the thousands spent each year on games and the thousands spent each year on Conventions* We need cheaper hobbies, methinks. xD
Image
User avatar
Wintrale
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:40 pm
Location: Gravesend, Kent

Re: lolita fashion

Postby Kitticus on Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:44 pm

I love gothic lollita! , i already own a dress, skirt,top and a few accessories.
I just think its very cute and such a beautifull style and i am still on lookout for more lollita stuff to get!
May 2011
Fujin (ff8)
Seaking (pokemon)
User avatar
Kitticus
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:11 pm
Location: Hertfordshire, Uk

Re: lolita fashion

Postby issabella_mottman on Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:54 pm

Eeee lolita, i love it ^_^ buuut i can't wear it much because a) i haven't got enough money, b) i can't order from overseas yet, my parents won't let me get a debit card and they won't get paypal or anything >.< aaand c) most of the brands i like don't do stuff in my size. That really bugs me, like metamorphose(sp?hopefully you know what i mean at least...) because they're small they only make one size, that size being an 8. Damn tiny Japanese people. Well not really, buuuut its kinda annoying. However i love looking at metamorphose, BTSSB, Angelic pretty...i like gothic and sweet lolita the best. And i have two gothic and lolita bibles (and plan to get more), which i love ^_^
Image
User avatar
issabella_mottman
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: taunton. woop woop

Re: lolita fashion

Postby dragonofinfinity on Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:25 pm

issabella_mottman wrote:Eeee lolita, i love it ^_^ buuut i can't wear it much because a) i haven't got enough money, b) i can't order from overseas yet, my parents won't let me get a debit card and they won't get paypal or anything >.< aaand c) most of the brands i like don't do stuff in my size. That really bugs me, like metamorphose(sp?hopefully you know what i mean at least...) because they're small they only make one size, that size being an 8.


Not all of them, most offbrand stuff is either larger or custom made, and Meta stuff is a bit bigger.
And shiring is your friend (everyones friend, it makes stuff on me fit correctly).
The biggest problem most people seem to have is getting larger cleaveage into brand.
Image
User avatar
dragonofinfinity
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: lolita fashion

Postby issabella_mottman on Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:21 pm

dragonofinfinity wrote:Not all of them, most offbrand stuff is either larger or custom made, and Meta stuff is a bit bigger.
And shiring is your friend (everyones friend, it makes stuff on me fit correctly).
The biggest problem most people seem to have is getting larger cleaveage into brand.


Custom made stuff might be useful, I'll look into that. Although the Meta sizing page gives the impression of being only one size, Japanese 9/UK 8, I might well be wrong, or be looking at a bad translation.

By the way, has anyone ordered from http://www.stockingshock.co.uk? They do custom made things at a decent price, and are based in the UK (yay!) but I've heard horror stories about custom made stuff being awful quality, I wondered if anyone knew?
Image
User avatar
issabella_mottman
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: taunton. woop woop

Re: lolita fashion

Postby xblackravenx on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:19 pm

issabella_mottman wrote:Custom made stuff might be useful, I'll look into that. Although the Meta sizing page gives the impression of being only one size, Japanese 9/UK 8, I might well be wrong, or be looking at a bad translation.

By the way, has anyone ordered from http://www.stockingshock.co.uk? They do custom made things at a decent price, and are based in the UK (yay!) but I've heard horror stories about custom made stuff being awful quality, I wondered if anyone knew?



i cant say ive used them tbh


well (finally) here is one of my outfits

Image
Image
User avatar
xblackravenx
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:07 pm
Location: Sittingbourne, Kent

Re: lolita fashion

Postby Kawaii_Onigiri on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:36 pm

I love lolita. xD
Especially EGL...
I've only bought one item so far which is a dress from Camden's Sai Sai...
The items are quite expensive and because my parents won't let me get a job or anything (they say I should use my time to study...-.-) all I do is gawk at the prettiness...
User avatar
Kawaii_Onigiri
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:20 pm
Location: West London

Re: lolita fashion

Postby issabella_mottman on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:59 am

xblackravenx - ee pretty! I think i've seen that before...do you have an acount on the lolitafashion forums? i don't remember if i commented on it there, but i love that outfit :)
Image
User avatar
issabella_mottman
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: taunton. woop woop

Re: lolita fashion

Postby xblackravenx on Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:54 pm

issabella_mottman wrote:xblackravenx - ee pretty! I think i've seen that before...do you have an acount on the lolitafashion forums? i don't remember if i commented on it there, but i love that outfit :)


lol yes i do, same name as on here :D
Image
User avatar
xblackravenx
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:07 pm
Location: Sittingbourne, Kent

Re: lolita fashion

Postby issabella_mottman on Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:05 pm

xblackravenx wrote:lol yes i do, same name as on here :D

Woohoo *feels smart* I'm IllnessXIllusion on there, I only got my acount about a week ago though...
Image
User avatar
issabella_mottman
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: taunton. woop woop

Re: lolita fashion

Postby xblackravenx on Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:23 pm

:O millitary loli person ! XD
Image
User avatar
xblackravenx
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:07 pm
Location: Sittingbourne, Kent

Re: lolita fashion

Postby Wintrale on Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:09 pm

Image

Damnit! Too awesome! Dx
Image
User avatar
Wintrale
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:40 pm
Location: Gravesend, Kent

Re: lolita fashion

Postby dragonofinfinity on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:21 am

If its your taste, I'm not personaly fond of punk loli;
much more me
My meta preorder came through this morning, from the princess crown bouquet series,
so Ive just spent (about) £30 on two pairs of socks and £25 on a headbow.
I would have got that JSK and one of the skirts too but it was just too much.
Image
User avatar
dragonofinfinity
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: lolita fashion

Postby Wintrale on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:38 am

dragonofinfinity wrote:If its your taste, I'm not personaly fond of punk loli;
much more me
My meta preorder came through this morning, from the princess crown bouquet series,
so Ive just spent (about) £30 on two pairs of socks and £25 on a headbow.
I would have got that JSK and one of the skirts too but it was just too much.


Yeah, I'm not a HUGE fan of Sweet Lolita... It's mostly Punk Lolita or Classic Lolita for me... I will say, however, I do like this quite a lot...

Image
Image
User avatar
Wintrale
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:40 pm
Location: Gravesend, Kent

Re: lolita fashion

Postby CrystalNeko on Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:58 am

Wow, people have good taste here 8D
I like a bit of everything, course there has to be some bad ones in a category but the ones that've been posted so far are really cool/cute! 8D
User avatar
CrystalNeko
 
Posts: 3493
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:32 am
Location: Somerset | Surrey

Re: lolita fashion

Postby aaronspencermoorby on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:58 pm

does any one know of a good gothic lolita for a present, it has to be a uk site and that you think wod be a good place to buy from. i need help. lol :?:
User avatar
aaronspencermoorby
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: sleaford in lincolnshire

Re: lolita fashion

Postby Wintrale on Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:45 pm

aaronspencermoorby wrote:does any one know of a good gothic lolita for a present, it has to be a uk site and that you think wod be a good place to buy from. i need help. lol :?:


Well, it isn't a British site but LoKisa is pretty good and they ship to the UK. Their prices aren't bad, either. ^_^
Image
User avatar
Wintrale
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:40 pm
Location: Gravesend, Kent

Re: lolita fashion

Postby aaronspencermoorby on Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:46 pm

Wintrale wrote:
aaronspencermoorby wrote:does any one know of a good gothic lolita for a present, it has to be a uk site and that you think wod be a good place to buy from. i need help. lol :?:


Well, it isn't a British site but LoKisa is pretty good and they ship to the UK. Their prices aren't bad, either. ^_^


thaks u might be a life saver. thanks it is a b-day present for mi little sis,. thanks again :lol:
User avatar
aaronspencermoorby
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: sleaford in lincolnshire

Re: lolita fashion

Postby xblackravenx on Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:09 pm

just to let everyone know, the teapartyclub on livejournal is having a loli meet in canterbury on 21st march at 12 noon.
if anyone else can make it ?
Image
User avatar
xblackravenx
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:07 pm
Location: Sittingbourne, Kent

PreviousNext

Return to JAPANESE CULTURE CHAT

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest