If any would help me that would be great!

Chat about Cosplay & Costuming here

If any would help me that would be great!

Postby blue-Eyed Gamer on Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:39 pm

Hello forum! :D
For the may expo, I will be going as Maria Renard from Castlevania Judgement!
For those who have seen/know of her...You probably know that her costume is a little...difficult.
This will be my first handmade cosplay and I want it to be reasonably good, so help will be needed!
I need help with the whole costume. I am unsure of the materials I need...
I will hopefully have help with putting it together...But I really need to find out the material I need to make the dress, boots, owl and the pole.

http://matteomazzali.files.wordpress.co ... renard.jpg
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... _Guide.jpg

Those are the only good references I can find of her.
I really do hope I get some help!
Thank you (:
Last edited by blue-Eyed Gamer on Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blue-Eyed Gamer

Re: If any would help me that would be great!

Postby dragonofinfinity on Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:25 am

What do you actualy need help with?
the dress? prop? boots? the detailing? wig?
Just saying you need help while throwing out references without giving an indication of skills isn't much use.

Since you say its your first handmade, are you sure you are going to get it completed on time to the standard you want?
There isn't long till expo, and it almost seem like you don't even know where to start.
I'm not trying to discourage you, i'm just saying it seems like you may be trying to overstrech yourself a little.
dragonofinfinity

Postby blue-Eyed Gamer on Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:37 pm

I understand what you mean. I have put this off a little too much, making this cosplay.
I need help with the whole costume. I am unsure of the materials I need...
I will hopefully have help with putting it together...I really need to find out the material I need to make the dress, boots, owl and the pole.
Sorry for the un-clearness in the first post, I shall edit the post immediately.
blue-Eyed Gamer

Postby CrystalNeko on Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:07 am

Wow! That's pretty *w*

If I were making it, I would use cotton jersey (t-shirt fabric!) for the lighter pink bits (socks, halterneck, etc).
Now for the fuchsia parts, I'm unsure as to whether it's actually part of her dress or whether it's armour or not. What you could do is use something sturdy like buckram and then cover it with fabric.
For the black bits I would use either cotton drill or pleather/leatherette/fake leather, depending on what look you're going for.
For the white crosses, I'd just use craft foam with fabric over it.
For the rest of the detailing like the swirls I'd just applique them on. It would match the fabric you're using that way!

For the boots, get a pair of platforms, or something with a similar heel (eBay is best for this kind of footwear!) and then make boot covers using the same material as the above. Because it looks quite sturdy I would use interfacing or buckram to get the shape.

For that owl... You could get a plush owl? XD Unless you're actually willing to make a replica yourself...
You could either make a base out of wire and stick feathers on it or sculpt it out of modelling clay if you're good at that kind of thing (Friend of mine can sculpt birds really accurately out of just super sculpey! I find that amazing X_X).

For the pole... Use something light as the base. A broom pole will do if you're being cheap! Or you can go to DIY stores for PVC pipes or whatever you want. As for the rest of that pole I'd ask someone who is good at prop making, because I for one cannot make props like that to save my life xD *mainly sews things* If it were me I'd just make a wire frame, sandwich it with craft foam and voila XD (It could work... It would be fragile though XD)

There's my ideas, others may contribute better ideas than mine. Hope that helped in some way though ^^;
CrystalNeko

Return to COSPLAY & COSTUMING