Resident Evil 5

Chat about all kinds of gaming here, such as consoles and so on

Resident Evil 5

Postby zabuzaloveshaku on Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:19 pm

Has anyone else played the demo yet, it is pretty fun but I only had a 10min crack at it (xbox360 is at girlfriends house and ps3 demo not out at all yet), seems hard though compared to resi evil 4, I wanna try it in co-op mode now.
Anyway if you wanna play the demo it's only on the japanese XBL but there is a way to get it involving a CD-R, if you hear another way of getting it, it won't work anymore, capcom or microsoft have blocked it from downloading for us.
Image Image
zabuzaloveshaku

Re: Resident Evil 5

Postby 7Force on Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:45 pm

I heard theres a way to sign up for a japanese XBL account but i'm not sure how to do it. really wanna play this as it looks awesome from what i've been seeing of it.
7Force

Postby Emochris on Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:18 am

i saw the a bit of the demo on youtube and it looks great
Manchester Comic-con '13
Emochris

Postby zabuzaloveshaku on Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:26 pm

7Force wrote:I heard theres a way to sign up for a japanese XBL account but i'm not sure how to do it. really wanna play this as it looks awesome from what i've been seeing of it.

thats the way that does not work any more, it checks your IP address and if your from outside Japan won't let you download.

The way I did it was to download it (try a torrent site) and then burn it to disc (theres loads of posts on the net saying how to do this). It takes a bit of messing about but works great.
Image Image
zabuzaloveshaku

Postby 7Force on Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:06 pm

zabuzaloveshaku wrote:
7Force wrote:I heard theres a way to sign up for a japanese XBL account but i'm not sure how to do it. really wanna play this as it looks awesome from what i've been seeing of it.

thats the way that does not work any more, it checks your IP address and if your from outside Japan won't let you download.

The way I did it was to download it (try a torrent site) and then burn it to disc (theres loads of posts on the net saying how to do this). It takes a bit of messing about but works great.

I'll take a look thanks.
7Force

Postby Emochris on Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:33 am

Anyone know when the demo will come over here for xbl?
Manchester Comic-con '13
Emochris

Postby Emochris on Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:36 am

OMG - yesterday i saw trailers for RE5, totally looks amazing!!!!
Manchester Comic-con '13
Emochris

Postby ukotaku on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:26 pm

DAMN YOU XBOX360!!!!!!

I hope they release a demo soon for PS3 or else im gonna sue Capcom for being Evil >:(
Saturday: Yumasaki Walker-Durarara!!
Sunday: Orihara Izaya-Durarara!!
ukotaku

Postby Elata on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:20 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing Wesker being epic ^^ I have a thing for bad guys, apparently.

Actually, I also love the idea of co-op! Especially helpful for me because I am so bad at these games XD
Elata

Postby ukotaku on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:34 pm

Elata wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing Wesker being epic ^^ I have a thing for bad guys, apparently.

Actually, I also love the idea of co-op! Especially helpful for me because I am so bad at these games XD

Not another Wesker Fangirl xD
ukotaku

Postby Elata on Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:50 pm

ukotaku wrote:
Elata wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing Wesker being epic ^^ I have a thing for bad guys, apparently.

Not another Wesker Fangirl xD

Sorry to say it, but yes XD Dude, you seen his ABS?

I mean. Yeah, RE5 looks like an awesome game.
Elata

Postby Emochris on Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:20 pm

ukotaku wrote:DAMN YOU XBOX360!!!!!!

I hope they release a demo soon for PS3 or else im gonna sue Capcom for being Evil >:(

I think i saw something about a demo for japanese ps3 owners, not sure about the UK amrket yet
Manchester Comic-con '13
Emochris

Postby Lanowar on Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:48 pm

Lanowar

Postby Emochris on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:39 pm

Dude, that is sweet news to my eyes!!!
Manchester Comic-con '13
Emochris

Postby sai-bir on Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:45 pm

tis a scary game...only tried it on PS1 and i skipped too many heartbeats so i've never played ever since...when i get the guts to try horror games im definately gonna try one of the resident evil games and hopefully conquer them! =D
sai-bir

Postby Toadsanime on Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:53 pm

sai-bir wrote:tis a scary game...only tried it on PS1 and i skipped too many heartbeats so i've never played ever since...when i get the guts to try horror games im definately gonna try one of the resident evil games and hopefully conquer them! =D

Just curious; which Resident Evil game are you referring to?

Though Resident Evil 5 looks epic, am I alone in preferring the way that Resident Evil used to be in the PS1 days? Resident Evil 4 was great, but it ruined the whole atmosphere that Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3 had.
Toadsanime

Postby sai-bir on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:07 pm

Toadsanime wrote:
sai-bir wrote:tis a scary game...only tried it on PS1 and i skipped too many heartbeats so i've never played ever since...when i get the guts to try horror games im definately gonna try one of the resident evil games and hopefully conquer them! =D

Though Resident Evil 5 looks epic, am I alone in preferring the way that Resident Evil used to be in the PS1 days? Resident Evil 4 was great, but it ruined the whole atmosphere that Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3 had.

Dont really remember but it was probably 1 or 2, it was the creepiness of the doors opening and closing and the it becoming silent suddenly made me jump....... really high! >.<
sai-bir

Postby Toadsanime on Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:56 am

sai-bir wrote:
Toadsanime wrote:

Dont really remember but it was probably 1 or 2, it was the creepiness of the doors opening and closing and the it becoming silent suddenly made me jump....... really high! >.<

Ah, 1-3 were truly magnificent games, you should definitely consider trying them out again some time. I started playing them games at quite a young age and, admitedly, haven't found it scary. Mind, I've yet to see a film or play a game that's actually 'scared' me, as such.
Toadsanime

Postby sai-bir on Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:36 pm

Toadsanime...you sir are a very brave person, i havent really been able to play scary games so watching a scary movie is out of the question, but i'll definately give resident evil 1-3 a go, thanks for the recommendations :D
sai-bir

Postby ukotaku on Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:12 pm

Resident Evil isn't scary, its more like a action game.

If you want a good scare, Play Silent Hill or F.E.A.R ;)
ukotaku

Postby Toadsanime on Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:32 pm

ukotaku wrote:Resident Evil isn't scary, its more like a action game.

If you want a good scare, Play Silent Hill or F.E.A.R ;)

I played the original Silent Hill quite young, too. I thought it was a little creepy, but again, not scary. Maybe that's just because I started playing games like that at a young age, though. =3
Toadsanime

Postby Emochris on Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:37 pm

Silent Hill isnt that sacry compared to Project Zero!!! One of the scariest games ever!!!
Manchester Comic-con '13
Emochris

Postby ukotaku on Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:54 pm

Emochris wrote:Silent Hill isnt that sacry compared to Project Zero!!! One of the scariest games ever!!!

Project Zero gave me quite a scare but i say Forbidden Siren was alot scarier xD
ukotaku

Postby Emochris on Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:36 pm

OMG the new trailer is soooooo amazing
Manchester Comic-con '13
Emochris

Postby 7Force on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:58 pm

ukotaku wrote:
Emochris wrote:Silent Hill isnt that sacry compared to Project Zero!!! One of the scariest games ever!!!

Project Zero gave me quite a scare but i say Forbidden Siren was alot scarier xD

The first Project Zero was the best in the series and scared the . out of me at times. I liked Forbidden Siren too got really hectic if you had no way to defend yourself if the zombies got you.
7Force

Next

Return to GAMING