Resident Evil 5

Chat about all kinds of gaming here, such as consoles and so on

Re: Resident Evil 5

Postby zabuzaloveshaku on Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:24 am

Just incase you lot haven't noticed yet but the resi evil 5 demo is now live on XBL. It will be on PSN next week BTW.
Image Image
zabuzaloveshaku

Postby Emochris on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:15 am

Been counting the days till it came out lol :D

Took about a couple of hours for mine to download (which is strange, i think my harddrive is just useless or just my connection isnt as it use to be lol) played the 1st level last night and really enjoyed it
Manchester Comic-con '13
Emochris

Postby Sapphire on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:29 pm

I just downloaded the demo the other day. I thought it was ok but very much like resident evil 4 which I wasn't so keen on. I liked the whole co-op thing and I played it with my boyfriend and then with a friend over Xbox Live and it was much better.

Did anyone else think the demo was slightly difficult?
Sapphire

Postby 7Force on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:27 pm

I did I was still trying to get used to the new control setup. And that dude with the chansaw was evil has anyone managed to kill him?
7Force

Postby shaneh87 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:04 pm

I've played both the PS3 and 360 demos and i prefer the PS3 pad.I found it really hard at first but once i got used to the controls it was easy.It's looking very promising.
shaneh87

Postby Emochris on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:15 pm

I actually completed both the level's - the chainsaw guy was the hardest part about it
Manchester Comic-con '13
Emochris

Postby Wintrale on Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:37 pm

Emochris wrote:I actually completed both the level's - the chainsaw guy was the hardest part about it

I've pwnd both levels repeatedly and yeah, the chainsaw dude was the hardest. That was probably because the first level is nothing more than a cat and mouse game where you're the mouse, though... I felt right at home with the PS3 pad, too, thanks to Control Option A. The second level, the Shanty Town, was much better a level. I prefer playing as Sheva in that level, though, due to the SMG being an awesome weapon that's totally useful against taking out the chainsaw dude.
Wintrale

Postby ukotaku on Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:21 pm

Wintrale wrote:
Emochris wrote:I actually completed both the level's - the chainsaw guy was the hardest part about it

I've pwnd both levels repeatedly and yeah, the chainsaw dude was the hardest. That was probably because the first level is nothing more than a cat and mouse game where you're the mouse, though... I felt right at home with the PS3 pad, too, thanks to Control Option A. The second level, the Shanty Town, was much better a level. I prefer playing as Sheva in that level, though, due to the SMG being an awesome weapon that's totally useful against taking out the chainsaw dude.

I find the Sniper rifle alot better, Headshot the Chainsaw guy then kick him (and carry on doing it over and over again xD)

Btw do you want to do Co-op?
Saturday: Yumasaki Walker-Durarara!!
Sunday: Orihara Izaya-Durarara!!
ukotaku

Postby Wintrale on Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:27 pm

ukotaku wrote:I find the Sniper rifle alot better, Headshot the Chainsaw guy then kick him (and carry on doing it over and over again xD)

Btw do you want to do Co-op?

Really? I usually just unloaded about eight or nine shots with the SMG to his face, which made him stumble long enough for a grenade to go off (right between him and one of those red flammable canisters for extra damage). Anyway, I can't play the demo just yet right now - I'm downloading the Killzone 2 demo as we speak. xD
Wintrale

Postby ukotaku on Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:28 pm

There a KillZone 2 Demo ?!?!?!?!? *Runs off to his PS3 and checks the PS Store!!!*
ukotaku

Postby Wintrale on Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:36 pm

ukotaku wrote:There a KillZone 2 Demo ?!?!?!?!? *Runs off to his PS3 and checks the PS Store!!!*

Yeah, it's been up for about forty minutes now. Can't wait for it to finish downloading.
Wintrale

Postby ukotaku on Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:44 pm

Wintrale wrote:
ukotaku wrote:There a KillZone 2 Demo ?!?!?!?!? *Runs off to his PS3 and checks the PS Store!!!*

Yeah, it's been up for about forty minutes now. Can't wait for it to finish downloading.

Downloading this very minute =3
ukotaku

Postby Elata on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:01 am

New trailer. Can we cut the tension with a knife yet?
Elata

Postby Wintrale on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:15 am

7Force wrote:I did I was still trying to get used to the new control setup. And that dude with the chansaw was evil has anyone managed to kill him?

He's not so hard, especially if you conserve your SMG ammo and use the flammable barrels to your advantage. I would say the real challenge lies in the Giant Axe Dude in the Public Assembly level, but I've taken him down on my own as well (playing on Single Player). I just hope the final game doesn't remain this easy - remembering, of course, that the Public Assembly won't be the first level so we'll have access to much more ammo and possibly more guns as well.
Wintrale

Postby 7Force on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:21 pm

Wintrale wrote:
7Force wrote:I did I was still trying to get used to the new control setup. And that dude with the chansaw was evil has anyone managed to kill him?

He's not so hard, especially if you conserve your SMG ammo and use the flammable barrels to your advantage. I would say the real challenge lies in the Giant Axe Dude in the Public Assembly level, but I've taken him down on my own as well (playing on Single Player). I just hope the final game doesn't remain this easy - remembering, of course, that the Public Assembly won't be the first level so we'll have access to much more ammo and possibly more guns as well.

I'll have to give it another shot.
7Force

Postby sjbonnar on Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:07 pm

I really think the controlling's terrible, but I've heard that at the beginning of the actual game, it's not so intense so you get used to it slowly.
sjbonnar

Postby Wintrale on Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:48 pm

sjbonnar wrote:I really think the controlling's terrible, but I've heard that at the beginning of the actual game, it's not so intense so you get used to it slowly.

Yeah, existing trailers and stuff have already shown that the game has a very similar opening to RE4 - you go to the town, everything is quiet, you get attacked by a very small group of Majini to get you used to battle, then you make your way to the centre of the town while accruing more ammo and killing a few more Majini here and there before getting to the Public Assembly area... The beginning will be quite lame, in other words - I'm hoping that the Giant Axe Dude is actually tougher in the real game 'cause he's too easy to kill as it is and he'll be even easier if we're given a good ten minutes before the fight to get more ammo. D:
Wintrale

Postby sjbonnar on Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:37 pm

Wintrale wrote:
sjbonnar wrote:I really think the controlling's terrible, but I've heard that at the beginning of the actual game, it's not so intense so you get used to it slowly.

Yeah, existing trailers and stuff have already shown that the game has a very similar opening to RE4 - you go to the town, everything is quiet, you get attacked by a very small group of Majini to get you used to battle, then you make your way to the centre of the town while accruing more ammo and killing a few more Majini here and there before getting to the Public Assembly area... The beginning will be quite lame, in other words - I'm hoping that the Giant Axe Dude is actually tougher in the real game 'cause he's too easy to kill as it is and he'll be even easier if we're given a good ten minutes before the fight to get more ammo. D:

Yeah, I was told by a friend who got to have a hands-on at Capcom for a journalistic thing.
sjbonnar

Postby shaneh87 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:17 pm

That new trailer looks brilliant.
shaneh87

Postby Wintrale on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:23 pm

shaneh87 wrote:That new trailer looks brilliant.

*hunts down new trailer* : D

edit ;; Well that sucks... It's nothing more than the trailer they didn't publicly show during TGS last year... It's been on Gametrailers since mid-October. >_>
Wintrale

Postby Elata on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:23 pm

Wintrale wrote:

edit ;; Well that sucks... It's nothing more than the trailer they didn't publicly show during TGS last year... It's been on Gametrailers since mid-October. >_>

What, you mean this one which was released this month on XBL?

Which reminds me, any thoughts on this.

And one more thing:LOL WESKER'S TEETH.
Elata

Postby ukotaku on Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:31 pm

Elata wrote:
Wintrale wrote:

What, you mean this one which was released this month on XBL?

Which reminds me, any thoughts on this.

And one more thing:LOL WESKER'S TEETH.

LOL wesker's teeth xDDD

I bet you 100% Jill is alive and she is the Bird Lady!!!!!
ukotaku

Postby Wintrale on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:43 pm

ukotaku wrote:I bet you 100% Jill is alive and she is the Bird Lady!!!!!

Bah, we've known for ages - it was nice of Joystiq to confirm it for us last Tuesday, though... See if you can spot what I mean.
Wintrale

Postby ukotaku on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:52 pm

Wintrale wrote:
ukotaku wrote:I bet you 100% Jill is alive and she is the Bird Lady!!!!!

Bah, we've known for ages - it was nice of Joystiq to confirm it for us last Tuesday, though... See if you can spot what I mean.

Yeah i noticed it xDDD, i knew Jill was'nt dead since her death was'nt fully Explain and main characters don't die from being thrown out of a window lol.

I guess Wesker or Excella is manipulating her since there a trophy called Masters of Removing which is obtained by saving someone special ( Jill of course)
ukotaku

Postby ukotaku on Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:16 pm

******SPOILERS!!!!********

Jill has BLOND hair?!?!?!?! This made me so angry!!!!!! She dead to me now T_T

Also Wesker Dead, He died by getting shot by 2 RPGs from Chris and Sheva
ukotaku

PreviousNext