Gaming moments that make you go ARGH!!

Chat about all kinds of gaming here, such as consoles and so on

Re: Gaming moments that make you go ARGH!!

Postby Adziu on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:24 pm

Ice climber wrote:Battle Fantasia. End of Deathbringer.

Now this has to be the cheapest fighter boss I've ever seen. It almost impossible to do any real damage to him (I mean you will be doing 1hp damage), low stagger and overpowered has hell. People who whine about V-13 should check this guy out.

You're going into heat, right? It's very easy to beat him with supers in heat mode.

And I can't remember much that's been more annoying than FFXII's Yiazmat, with his 12 million HP.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby ukotaku on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:53 pm

Adziu wrote:

Now this has to be the cheapest fighter boss I've ever seen. It almost impossible to do any real damage to him (I mean you will be doing 1hp damage), low stagger and overpowered has hell. People who whine about V-13 should check this guy out.

You're going into heat, right? It's very easy to beat him with supers in heat mode.

And I can't remember much that's been more annoying than FFXII's Yiazmat, with his 12 million HP.

Nothing can be as annoying as Yunalesca from FFX

I almost wanted to break that game due to this boss.
Saturday: Yumasaki Walker-Durarara!!
Sunday: Orihara Izaya-Durarara!!
ukotaku

Postby Satsui no Hadou on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:02 pm

Adziu wrote:

:shock:

Dear god...
Satsui no Hadou

Postby Adziu on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:56 pm

Satsui no Hadou wrote:
Adziu wrote:

Dear god...

I actually got it very wrong. He has over fifty million HP.

But you CAN leave the area and save without him recovering.

Still took me hours to beat him though.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby Satsui no Hadou on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:07 pm

Adziu wrote:
Satsui no Hadou wrote:
Adziu wrote:

Dear god...

I actually got it very wrong. He has over fifty million HP.

But you CAN leave the area and save without him recovering.

Still took me hours to beat him though.

Woah...

Being able to leave the area to recover sounds like a godsend of a perk against such an opponent. Despite the time it took to win, I bet you felt great after beating it :D
Satsui no Hadou

Postby Adziu on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:34 pm

Well...not really. I knew my characters were levelled enough to beat it without much of a struggle...it was just the sheer frustrating amount of time it took to kill it that was annoying. Especially when damage totally unnecessarily gets capped at 6999/hit. And I still had another hidden boss to get through after that, the almost equally annoying Omega Mark XIII, which kills everyone in two hits.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby Satsui no Hadou on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:41 pm

Adziu wrote:Well...not really. I knew my characters were levelled enough to beat it without much of a struggle...it was just the sheer frustrating amount of time it took to kill it that was annoying. Especially when damage totally unnecessarily gets capped at 6999/hit. And I still had another hidden boss to get through after that, the almost equally annoying Omega Mark XIII, which kills everyone in two hits.

Ahh I see...

A damage cap sounds pretty unfair. It's almost like they wanted you to have to take ages on the thing, even if you were more than capable of beating it quickly, like you were.

As for the other hidden boss...sounds like a mighty pain in the backside if you ask me :shock:
Satsui no Hadou

Postby Adziu on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:02 pm

Yes indeed - they fit neatly into this thread, methinks!
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby Satsui no Hadou on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:00 pm

Adziu wrote:Yes indeed - they fit neatly into this thread, methinks!

Sure do ! :lol:

I hope I never run into a boss on any other game with anything close to that amount of HP...
Satsui no Hadou

Postby Adziu on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:14 am

At the moment I am going ARGH!! because I am determined to win the deeply unfair first blitzball game in FFX. I thought Tidus was supposed to be superb at this game, not level 2...
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby ShurikenFire on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:08 pm

Adziu wrote:At the moment I am going ARGH!! because I am determined to win the deeply unfair first blitzball game in FFX. I thought Tidus was supposed to be superb at this game, not level 2...

This is why i won't attempt playing FFX again for a while. I never got the hang of Blitzball, >_> I preferred just doing battles as random characters...

My ARGH moment was, FFX-2, grinding up Paine's skills as a Beserker, Rikku as a Dark Knight and Yuna as the Lady Luck, made a screw up an hour and a half after saving and ended with game over. And i was shouting as loud as humanly possible, now i have to have Yuna as a gey white mage ARRGGHHH i hate it.
Image Lil Rick.
ShurikenFire

Postby Freyarule on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:30 am

WHITNEY'S MILTANK.

It is evil.
Oct13 - Gou-chan/IceClimber/RainCard
Freyarule

Postby alicedragon on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:17 am

Trauma Center 2 on one of the last operations, cutting the little blood vessels in the GUILT.

FFFFFFFFFF. You cannot do this in the time without touching the red vessel.
alicedragon

Postby NekoShuffleJump! on Sat May 01, 2010 10:50 am

Resetti in Animal Crossing Wild World when you turn off without saving =< He was just outright cruel to me sometimes >__<
HELP XD
NekoShuffleJump!

Postby MasterJh on Sat May 01, 2010 12:55 pm

Fuel - when you spend 20 minutes doing a 16mile race, across all sorts of terrain...You have the lead with 400 metres to go to the finish line and your nearest opponent is 500 metres behind you. Suddenly your opponent "rubber bands", gets a MASSIVE speed boost and overtakes you. -_- That game made me break two controllers and a headset.

Halo 3's matchmaking - You can win 5 games in a row without ranking up but if you lose just ONE, you go down -_-
May2012
SSC Soldier(ArmyOfTwo)
MasterJh

Postby Lanowar on Sun May 02, 2010 11:54 pm

Pretty much everything people have said here, Whitney's Milktank is evil.

Though at the moment trying to use the celestial brush for the Wii version of Okami is proving to be an exercise in Rage. You'd think drawing a circle/straight line would be easy enough...
Lanowar

Postby BisonisnotVega on Mon May 03, 2010 1:13 am

You're the man, Will. You're the man. I'm just the man behind the man.
BisonisnotVega

Postby Hiccup on Tue May 04, 2010 12:25 pm

Im replaying Zelda: Twilight Princess. The entire game is worthy of entry into this thread for the controls.

Junk Boy wrote:And why does everyone whinge about that MIltank? All it took was a few rounds of Sleepowder and Psybeam from my Butterfree to get the best of it on my first go. Or is this in Gym leader rematches where the thing becomes undefeatable?

My answer to this is that Butterfree is just plain awesome ^_^
http://www.sarah-bates.co.uk - drawing advice and other assorted waffle..
Hiccup

Postby Shenron on Wed May 05, 2010 9:34 pm

Two that spring to mind:

Mirror's Edge > misjudging distances only to fall flat on your face from a great height -_-
FEAR 2 > the limitless wave of Replica Soldiers that attack you in the caged area when you've run out of bullets -_-
Shenron

PreviousNext

Return to GAMING