Guitar Hero

Chat about all kinds of gaming here, such as consoles and so on

Re: Guitar Hero

Postby sjbonnar on Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:01 pm

You FCed John the Fisherman? Ouch LOL and 5 Starring Jordan is one of the most impressive things out there O_O
sjbonnar

Postby whitesquall on Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:32 pm

lol thanx i play gh way too much im aware but actually i found 5 starring six to be harder than jordan im not too good with gh2 anymore tho i just cant seem to calibrate the lag perfectly wish it was the same as gh3s calibrating lag settings :( ill do a 5star vid of the devil went down to georgia later since my bros playing dynasty warriors 6 atm but just bare in mind it will be pretty bad quality specially after its uploaded onto youtube lol
Last edited by whitesquall on Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stopped updating it since RB2 because i stopped playing competitively.
whitesquall

Postby Adziu on Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:43 pm

That's cool, it'll still be pretty awesome to see.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby whitesquall on Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:49 pm

u should check out priestREA/priestMLH's vid of the devil went down to georgia puts me to shame lol
whitesquall

Postby sir_auronDX on Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:47 pm

bah...my name is jonas just raped my hand...i hate green to yellow to orange...BAH!
sir_auronDX

Postby whitesquall on Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:51 pm

lol take it u dont like the start of the way it ends either with the green blue orange chords theyre a bit of a stretch

just went to do the vid and the batteries dead on my camera ill do it in about 15 - 20 mins lol
whitesquall

Postby Adziu on Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:37 pm

sir_auronDX wrote:bah...my name is jonas just raped my hand...i hate green to yellow to orange...BAH!

Heh, I did that one yesterday. I just didn't like the triplet feel at the beginning. Too quiet!

I really hate the expert intro of Holiday in Cambodia.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby whitesquall on Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:13 am

ok ive made the video just gonna upload it lol took 3 tries tho i was out of practice (been playing other games for the last 2 weeks lol) but the first 2 i hit parts i usually mess up which i thought i was gonna beat me old highscore then i kept missed sp phrases lol just gotta upload it to youtube

it finally uploaded lol here it is http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2-XV3iNEH1w 510k made a few really dumb mistakes tho lol
whitesquall

Postby sir_auronDX on Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:39 pm

Frig me im impressed..... ive only started into expert after hard mode...still trying to 5 star it all though
what i LOVE is HOPO's but i hate the one button continuous riff....like barracuda
sir_auronDX

Postby Adziu on Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:49 pm

Woah, pretty damn impressive playing. I've got a long way to go yet!

(Still haven't got a 5-star on expert in my career)
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby sjbonnar on Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:24 pm

That was damned impressive playing O_O I love that song, but can't get it as I have GH3 on my PS2 ¬_¬ Ah well LOL
sjbonnar

Postby whitesquall on Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:07 pm

thanx guys : ) yeh i used the play gh2 like from waking up till going to sleep like everyday for 9months or something lol o right the galloping in barracuda yeh that songs a bit too boring they shouldnt have put it in gh but u get used to galloping when u do raining blood on expert and wanna 5 star it lol most ppl on the gh forums 5 star all hard songs b4 moving onto expert there are a lot of retarded songs on expert lol like the way it ends, take this life (this ones 50/50 ur either good or bad at it never in the middle lol), raining blood and quite a few dlc. quite a lot of my m8s have the ps2 version and they hate not having dlc and theyre all avenged sevenfold fans so when almost easy came out they were almost crying lol
whitesquall

Postby Adziu on Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:23 pm

Lol, maybe I should 5-star my Hard games, then...but that'd be dull. I've only been playing for a couple of weeks, and I just wanna steamroll onwards!

Beat Slash on Expert today. Easier than I expected. Playing 'Welcome to the Jungle' was harder...until I figured out the rhythms of the riffs.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby whitesquall on Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:48 pm

yeh i know how u feel actually i started on expert when i started playing lol i dont like doing lower difficulties unless its absolutely nesseccary lol i have some advice tho coz most ppl seem to do it when u get to raining blood try not to smash ur guitar in rage lol its such an annoying . song lol
whitesquall

Postby Adziu on Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:27 pm

Straight to Expert? Blimey! What, without playing any of the other games or anything?!
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby whitesquall on Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:31 pm

i started on gh2 and yeh went straight to expert ive been playing guitar for about 7 years so it picked it up pretty quickly altho other guitarist cant seem to get used to it at all which is kinda weird
whitesquall

Postby sjbonnar on Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:09 pm

I started on Expert on GH1, then Expert on GH2, then Hard on GH2 (just because I wanted more money ^_^' LOL) then GH3 I started on Hard and I'm glad I did because it was MUCH more difficult.

Even if the songs are . compared to the other two games LOL
sjbonnar

Postby whitesquall on Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:37 pm

lol yeh it took me ages to get the log on gh2 i just couldnt get 5stars on misirlou for ages that and six were the last songs i 5 starred on expert i only 5 starred six after coming back from ameco.n (why was this blocked?) last year actually
whitesquall

Postby sjbonnar on Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:48 pm

whitesquall wrote:lol yeh it took me ages to get the log on gh2 i just couldnt get 5stars on misirlou for ages that and six were the last songs i 5 starred on expert i only 5 starred six after coming back from ameco.n (why was this blocked?) last year actually

It's getting removed from the blocked list, no worries. A lot of conventions are blocked because they attempt to compete with Expo. Ame-con isn't one of them but was put on by accident, as was Minami-con.

I never did go back and attempt 5-starring things later on on GH2...I was just so happy that they included Freebird O_O
sjbonnar

Postby whitesquall on Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:56 pm

o yeh freebird rocked cept the 5min start that gets boring after u do it so many times lol i almost 100%ed it once but then i totally messed up and easy part and quit the song even tho it still would have been my best score but i was annoyed at the miss lol i still like the idea of boss battles still tho i hope they use the devil went back to georgia in dlc or in the next game lol
whitesquall

Postby sjbonnar on Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:57 am

I always seem to mess up on the slow parts of songs...Freebird is a good example. I get bored and mess up on the beginning, but come the solo (if you can call something that long a solo LOL) I'm fine ^_^'

Not surprisingly, on a real guitar it's the other way around LOL
sjbonnar

Postby sir_auronDX on Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:52 pm

ah....thats what i LOVE about guitar hero players. the typical ones keep practising hard popular songs...then they see me choose "The Seeker"((my fav btw)) on hard and they f up all over the show <D
sir_auronDX

Postby whitesquall on Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:38 pm

hey the seekers one of my favourite songs aswell im rank 18 on it but hopefully either today or tomorow ill be in the top 5 i really wanna get rank 1 but i dont think i can some guys go crazy with getting the max amount of points out of a song well ill find out today or tomorow if i can get the highscore or not lol

im probably gonna spend 90% of the time im at the expo at guitar hero lol

ooo just got a mil on the devil went down to georgia in co-op with the rank 25 or something guy :D
whitesquall

Postby Adziu on Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:55 pm

Bleh, I'm at the Tokyo level in my expert career now, and I really hate Knights of Cydonia. It took me a good five goes to pass, not because it's actually difficult (The Metal was harder), but becuase my fingers aren't stretchy enough to do the orange-red-green triplets comfortably. Everything else was fine, but I failed there until I saved up my star power for it.

I have an oversensitive guitar, too. Twitch and the star power comes on. Oh well.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby whitesquall on Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:50 pm

yeh a lot of ppl are having that problem with sp actually but i know what u mean knights is annoying i cant seem to 100%it i always miss 4 or 5 notes in completely seperate places that songs one of the 2 songs holding me back from the top 10 but soon im just gonna play it all day in hopes of at just decreasing it to 1 or 2 misses at least lol
whitesquall

PreviousNext

Return to GAMING