Guitar Hero

Chat about all kinds of gaming here, such as consoles and so on

Re: Guitar Hero

Postby Adziu on Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:25 am

Well, those long fast notes are hard to get the rhythm just right for. I either see my little meter going up, up, up, or suddenly plummetting.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby whitesquall on Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:53 am

yeh altho it feels like im strumming at the right speed but i just end up missing at the same points everytime lol once in a co-op i missed 2 notes which was annoying coz that would have been really helpful in career mode :(
Stopped updating it since RB2 because i stopped playing competitively.
whitesquall

Postby Tamaska1 on Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:41 pm

Tamaska1

Postby Manga Girl on Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:48 pm

Tamaska1 wrote:http://www.releaseyourrockstar.com/en lol

Thats made my evening! XD
Manga Girl

Postby sir_auronDX on Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:44 pm

finally got 5 star on barracuda...now whats annoying me is same old song and dance....
sir_auronDX

Postby whitesquall on Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:37 am

haha that was some funny stuff i dunno how ppl are willing to make such idiots of themselves lol but im glad they do lol same old song and dance is it? yeh that one gave me a bit of trouble to 100% always the last sp phrase i miss or overstrum lol lately ive been trying to upgrade my scores on cliffs of dover raining blood and holiday in cambodia and it hasnt gone too well theyre 3 of my worst songs lol
whitesquall

Postby Tamaska1 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:26 am

lol yea i know seeing that vid just made me lol my head off
Tamaska1

Postby Adziu on Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:02 pm

Ah, I finally got through that stupid ridiculous solo in Cult of Personality on Expert. I feel quite accomplished for that, even if I did only end up with three stars. For me, that's a tough song!

The final 'level' awaits. I'm scared! Hold me!
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby sjbonnar on Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:18 pm

I get the feeling that no-one has played GH1 on this thread...LOL That's what it feels like anyway...

GH3 is all about scores.
GH2 is all about fast hammer-ons.
GH1 is all about FUN O_O No seriously, it's got the best songs out of all three of them and yet so many seem to overlook it...
sjbonnar

Postby Manga Girl on Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:14 pm

*Holds hand up* I don't have GH1 but thats only cause I can't find it where I am ^^;
Manga Girl

Postby Adziu on Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:56 pm

I've got enough of GH3 to experience yet. For me, thus far, it's been all about fun.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby sjbonnar on Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:53 pm

Adziu wrote:I've got enough of GH3 to experience yet. For me, thus far, it's been all about fun.

You actually like all of the songs on GH3...? LOL

It's difficult to get used to GH1 visually, but as it was the first one I played, it's easier to go back to. I just want to encourage people to at least TRY GH1 and even GH2 if you haven't. Keep the same guitar and buy the other games cheap LOL It's WELL worth it!
sjbonnar

Postby Adziu on Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:10 pm

sjbonnar wrote:
Adziu wrote:I've got enough of GH3 to experience yet. For me, thus far, it's been all about fun.

You actually like all of the songs on GH3...? LOL

It's difficult to get used to GH1 visually, but as it was the first one I played, it's easier to go back to. I just want to encourage people to at least TRY GH1 and even GH2 if you haven't. Keep the same guitar and buy the other games cheap LOL It's WELL worth it!

I like all the songs enough to play them. There're none I think, 'Oh God, it'll be no fun at all to play this...' because it always is, even if it's cheesy or a cacophony.

There are a fair few songs I love, too. Can't complain about the songs with Paint it Black, Anarchy in the UK, Paranoid, One and Welcome to the Jungle on there, all favourites from before I got the game.

And sure, I'll probably get GH1 and 2 when I've exhausted this one, and when they're dirt-cheap.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby whitesquall on Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:15 am

hey guys theres new dlc out for guitar hero on the 360 dunno about the wii or ps3 tho its a def leppard pack its not bad but one of the songs is pretty crazy on expert called rock of ages i love the solos is that lol i had to rush and get a recording of me fc'ing the hardest solo b4 anyone else lol here it is if ur interested http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ugavBqD0pCk fun song but the other were a little not so interestin lol
whitesquall

Postby Adziu on Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:34 pm

Progress!

I'm at the last stage of Expert, halfway through. Recent completed songs:

Cult of Personality (Expert) - oh man, it took me ages to beat this. That solo is way too long. Once I got my head around it, though, and stored up lots of nice star power, it was do-able.

Through the Fire and Flames (Hard) - not as difficult as the above by a long way. Less tricky than I expected from its reputation, but still took me a few goes.

Cliffs of Dover (expert) - that intro is a killer. I still need star power to get through the bit where the arpeggio alternates with the orange button.

The Number of the Beast (expert) - I play this almost entirely with downstrokes. HARDCORE!!

I can't do Slayer or Metallica at all yet. I've only tried Metallica once, granted, since it's so long and I want to five-star it on Hard first (dammit, how many points do you need? I got 328,000 and still only got 4!), but Slayer kills me. The mosh part still makes me fail on Hard, so I don't know how long it'll take me to get through expert...

Wait...there are songs you can only get to by playing a co-op career?! I never knew about this!
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby whitesquall on Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:30 am

hey adziu on hard for one by metallica u need 337500 (i think 337249 is the minimum) for 5 star and nicely done on the other songs all downstrums on number of the beast? lol id give up on that at the intro ur arm must have died lol and the songs u can get by co-op are sabotage by the beastie boys, reptilia by the strokes, suck my kiss by red hot chilli peppers, cities of flame with rock and roll by blue oyster cult, helicopter by bloc party (my m8 loves that one lol) and monsters by matchbox romance (that ones my fav :D) if u cba with co-op then u can just do the unlock everything cheat (it unlocks them permenantly incase u were wondering if they dissapear when u turn it off)
whitesquall

Postby Adziu on Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:43 pm

whitesquall wrote:hey adziu on hard for one by metallica u need 337500 (i think 337249 is the minimum) for 5 star and nicely done on the other songs all downstrums on number of the beast? lol id give up on that at the intro ur arm must have died lol and the songs u can get by co-op are sabotage by the beastie boys, reptilia by the strokes, suck my kiss by red hot chilli peppers, cities of flame with rock and roll by blue oyster cult, helicopter by bloc party (my m8 loves that one lol) and monsters by matchbox romance (that ones my fav :D) if u cba with co-op then u can just do the unlock everything cheat (it unlocks them permenantly incase u were wondering if they dissapear when u turn it off)

Ohhh, good tip. I'll look that up.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby Commander J on Mon May 12, 2008 4:56 pm

I URGE you all to get the Recent Muse DLC pack that was released it's like sex in a pack, Maybe a bit too easy on expert but still hellishly fun <3
Commander J

Postby sjbonnar on Mon May 12, 2008 5:37 pm

Commander J wrote:I URGE you all to get the Recent Muse DLC pack that was released it's like sex in a pack, Maybe a bit too easy on expert but still hellishly fun <3

What songs are on it?
sjbonnar

Postby Commander J on Mon May 12, 2008 5:45 pm

sjbonnar wrote:
Commander J wrote:I URGE you all to get the Recent Muse DLC pack that was released it's like sex in a pack, Maybe a bit too easy on expert but still hellishly fun <3

What songs are on it?

Exo-Politics
Supermassive Black Hole
Stockholm Syndrome

Not their best works but still addictive.
Commander J

Postby whitesquall on Tue May 13, 2008 8:13 pm

yeh that muse pack is well cool stockholm syndrome is my fav one i got rank 1 on exopolitics beating lo7 thats a real accomplishment for me lol altho im not a big fan of supermassive blackhole but the other 2 songs are cool to listen to
whitesquall

Postby Adziu on Thu May 15, 2008 2:56 pm

Ahhhh, I finally beat Raining Blood, that horrible annoying song. Greatest sense of reward so far...
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby sjbonnar on Thu May 15, 2008 4:28 pm

Adziu wrote:Ahhhh, I finally beat Raining Blood, that horrible annoying song. Greatest sense of reward so far...

Along with seriously pained knuckles right? LOL
sjbonnar

Postby Adziu on Thu May 15, 2008 4:53 pm

More like whole new calluses on my fingertips.

I feel like I can take on One and Lou pretty soon. Then there's just Dragonforce to get through before I can feel satisfied and maybe start playing online!
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby sjbonnar on Thu May 15, 2008 6:14 pm

Ah. I've got permanent calluses on my left hand's fingertips from playing the guitar for years anyway ^_^' LMAO No feeling in the direct fingertips helps for sewing! LMAO

For me, if I play for more than an hour, the knuckles are killing me :-( But then, I've got osteoarthritis that's started spreading to my hands ^_^'
sjbonnar

PreviousNext

Return to GAMING