Dissidia: Final Fantasy

Chat about all kinds of gaming here, such as consoles and so on

Dissidia: Final Fantasy

Postby Lanowar on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:12 am

Anyone been following this one? It looks quite intresting it's a crossover fighting game which more or less features the main heroes and villains of the FF games duking it out. Any game that opens with Squall fighting Sephiroth and Tidus taking on Kuja has my attention.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35593.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissidia:_Final_Fantasy
Lanowar

Re: Dissidia: Final Fantasy

Postby Silver on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:55 am

Lanowar wrote:Anyone been following this one? It looks quite intresting it's a crossover fighting game which more or less features the main heroes and villains of the FF games duking it out. Any game that opens with Squall fighting Sephiroth and Tidus taking on Kuja has my attention.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35593.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissidia:_Final_Fantasy

*grabby hands* Thats all I have to say. *grabby hands*
May Expo, 2010
Silver

Postby Manga Girl on Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:49 pm

I saw this today in IGN. This looks to be a great game :D
Manga Girl

Postby Commander J on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:22 pm

I've been keeping up with this on and off and I would hate to see another Ehrgiez type game come out although I was all for Ehrgiez a few years ago but it got really bland... Also the amount of characters in this game is pitiful, also they missed out a huge chunk of game I mean where is 3 up to 6? I'm sorry were these games not important, in all honesty Final Fantasy 6 urinates all over 7. The game had a better story and better character development. Also Kefka is MUCH better than Sephiroth... Anyway... I'm skeptical about this game and I'll see how it goes.
Commander J

Postby Leonie Heartilly on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:56 pm

Looks cool just kinda annoying that every other comment on the trailers says "Where's Cloud?". He doesn't have to be in it geez he's had his own movie & appears in Crisis Core as well. Give the character a break lol
Leonie Heartilly

Postby FDC on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:58 pm

Another crossover?
Blehhh
Isn't as cool as you.
FDC

Postby sjbonnar on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:48 pm

Commander J wrote:I've been keeping up with this on and off and I would hate to see another Ehrgiez type game come out although I was all for Ehrgiez a few years ago but it got really bland... Also the amount of characters in this game is pitiful, also they missed out a huge chunk of game I mean where is 3 up to 6? I'm sorry were these games not important, in all honesty Final Fantasy 6 urinates all over 7. The game had a better story and better character development. Also Kefka is MUCH better than Sephiroth... Anyway... I'm skeptical about this game and I'll see how it goes.

That's assuming we've now seen all of the characters. Tidus and Jecht weren't revealed until lately. I've been watching it for a while too and I'm liking the way it's shaping up so far!

But yes, no more Ehrgiez please o_O
sjbonnar

Postby Commander J on Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:10 am

sjbonnar wrote:
Commander J wrote:I've been keeping up with this on and off and I would hate to see another Ehrgiez type game come out although I was all for Ehrgiez a few years ago but it got really bland... Also the amount of characters in this game is pitiful, also they missed out a huge chunk of game I mean where is 3 up to 6? I'm sorry were these games not important, in all honesty Final Fantasy 6 urinates all over 7. The game had a better story and better character development. Also Kefka is MUCH better than Sephiroth... Anyway... I'm skeptical about this game and I'll see how it goes.

That's assuming we've now seen all of the characters. Tidus and Jecht weren't revealed until lately. I've been watching it for a while too and I'm liking the way it's shaping up so far!

But yes, no more Ehrgiez please o_O

Yes all but one character is yet to be released and more than likely it's either going to be Cloud or Zax.
Commander J

Postby Silver on Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:14 am

There could be bonus or unlockable characters that Squeenix aren't giving away.

Just a thought.
May Expo, 2010
Silver

Postby Commander J on Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:25 am

Silver wrote:There could be bonus or unlockable characters that Squeenix aren't giving away.

Just a thought.

Don't hold them to that.
Commander J

Postby Silver on Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:31 am

Commander J wrote:
Silver wrote:There could be bonus or unlockable characters that Squeenix aren't giving away.

Just a thought.

Don't hold them to that.

Its a possibilty. A vague one, but a possibility.
May Expo, 2010
Silver

Postby Commander J on Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:47 am

Silver wrote:
Commander J wrote:

Just a thought.

Don't hold them to that.

Its a possibilty. A vague one, but a possibility.

With Square Enix it ain't.
Commander J

Postby sjbonnar on Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:14 am

Ehrgiez had unlockable characters though...
sjbonnar

Postby Commander J on Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:42 am

sjbonnar wrote:Ehrgiez had unlockable characters though...

From what I can remember they already released the unlockables... Being Chaos and some chick which are featured at the end of the 2nd trailer and they are in the title art as well...
Commander J

Postby Silver on Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:55 pm

According to a friend of mine:

- There are only gonna be 20 characters, the main character and the main villian(ish) of each final fantasy from 1-10. That means, no Rinoa, no Yuna, no Yuffie. etc

- They have nooooooottt revealed characters for Final Fantasy 3-6. but theres a poster Amano poster with all 10 villians.

So, looks like Kefka will be making an appearance. Which is win.
May Expo, 2010
Silver

Postby Lanowar on Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:43 pm

Since it's the 20th anniversey FF game they'll be in there I suspect it'll be the main heroes and villains of the FF games, you'll most likely start out with a view then have to unlock them. But as I've read all over the place Square Enix are keeping very quiet about the line up. Jecht and Tidus only surfaced a while back as it goes.
Lanowar

Postby Inore on Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:58 pm

I love the look of dissidia and I'm really drawn in by the 2 trailers that have been released. Even with only a limited amount of characters released to the public it still looks like a wide selection already. I can imagine there are going to be a lot of queries about the voices if it's released in America. Then again that may only be hardcore fans. It is similar to Ehergeiz but thats such an old game and it's extremely rare to pick up so dissidia is really a fresh new start with new characters, stages and improved graphics and gameplay. It's also has an impressive target market pull with final fantasy fans as chances are even if your favourite is sephiroth or if its steiner, it will most probably have your favorite character to play as. Some people see this game as a mistake but personally i'm very excited about it.
Inore

Location: Term time: Reading, Term break: Glastonbury, Somerset

Postby kitty_yachiru on Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:43 pm

i realy like the look of this x3, hopefully it wont turn out like ehrgiez :s
im well chuffed they put ultimacea in there..and she looks awesome!!
cant wait to see it realeased over here xD
Mooooo? OH!! Moooooooo
kitty_yachiru

Postby Inore on Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:45 pm

kitty_yachiru wrote:i realy like the look of this x3, hopefully it wont turn out like ehrgiez :s
im well chuffed they put ultimacea in there..and she looks awesome!!
cant wait to see it realeased over here xD
All the characters look awesome at the moment. I ADORE Kuja's japanese voice in the game. His laugh is so kickass! I just hope there's an option to change the audio to japanese.
Inore

Location: Term time: Reading, Term break: Glastonbury, Somerset

Postby rich29 on Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:27 pm

Dunno if this has been said but i just found this post saying about the FF3 characters in the game http://pspupdates.qj.net/New-Dissidia-characters-confirmed-Cloud-of-Darkness-Onion-Knight-of-FF3/pg/49/aid/122722
rich29

Postby Silver on Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:53 pm

rich29 wrote:Dunno if this has been said but i just found this post saying about the FF3 characters in the game http://pspupdates.qj.net/New-Dissidia-characters-confirmed-Cloud-of-Darkness-Onion-Knight-of-FF3/pg/49/aid/122722

O___o
Of all the classes. Why the Onion Knight? *grumble*
May Expo, 2010
Silver

Postby Silver on Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:23 pm

lukestar123 wrote:
Silver wrote:
rich29 wrote:Dunno if this has been said but i just found this post saying about the FF3 characters in the game http://pspupdates.qj.net/New-Dissidia-characters-confirmed-Cloud-of-Darkness-Onion-Knight-of-FF3/pg/49/aid/122722

O___o

Wasn't it because the Onion Knight was the "special" one? lol

Yeah. But that doesn't mean its actually any good.

.... Plus it looks stupid.
May Expo, 2010
Silver

Postby sjbonnar on Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:20 pm

Silver wrote:

O___o

Because in the original FFIII Onion Knight was the starting class. It was the neutral one. It wasn't special, far from it in fact. It's what everyone started as. Hence why they used that class. It was included as the special one in the remake as a homage to the original!
sjbonnar

Next

Return to GAMING