What are YOU looking forward to most about the Expo?

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories

Postby Berserk667 on Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:05 am

meeting nu people and basically chilling out with a load of people with common interests as yourself 8)
Berserk667

Postby roguearcanis on Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:06 am

I'm looking forward to seeing everybody's awesome cosplays, and of course meeting all the people I have spoken to here.

And I can't wait to wear my Envy costume and chase all the Eds around the expo hall XD
Gwen Cooper ~ teamTARDIS (RTD Approved: 10/10/2008)
http://www.teamtardis.deviantart.com
roguearcanis

Postby shinikami on Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:37 pm

I have to say that its the charged atmosphere, I mean you could be whereever you're staying be like so nervous and afraid but then once you're on the DLR amongst other cosplayers - you can have friends from there on out!

Then entering the hall its like someone just injected adreline straight into your bloodstream! So you're bouncing around in a cosplay costume with hundreds/thousands of other cosplayers!

As for May 08, well have to say Vic's return - or so we're hoping! We're going to glomp him this time! He got us in May, back glomp!! :D

Otherwise its like what new anime is going to be there, or any other interesting guests that they'll have but its mainly because of the charged atmosphere and all of the great friends you can make!
shinikami

Postby M u f f l e s on Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:03 pm

meeting more people :3
M u f f l e s

Postby EksDee-Luna on Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:41 pm

For me, it's the cosplay and social element... The items at expo, with the exception of a few new releases or pre-releases are by and large the same each year, bar maybe two or three newcomers. This means once i'm used to the layout, I can tie up my purchases rather quickly and eliminate the shopping part of the day
EksDee-Luna

Postby narutofan87 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:29 pm

theres so much, my first hand made costumes!, my first skit being performed at expo,having fun with friends, meeting all the forum people and cosplayers and loads of shopping! oh that would be a mouthfull so lots to look foward to!
narutofan87

Postby EksDee-Luna on Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:59 pm

narutofan87 wrote:theres so much, my first hand made costumes!, my first skit being performed at expo,having fun with friends, meeting all the forum people and cosplayers and loads of shopping! oh that would be a mouthfull so lots to look foward to!
With your skit, remember you MIGHT have to record your audio beforehand - last year, they couldn't give those in the masquerade microphones, and it's hard to make your voice travel over the sounds of the rest of the hall. :)
It might change, but just be prepared!
EksDee-Luna

Postby ryaoki on Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:14 am

cospalying,masquerade, working on an anime store, buyingg tonsss of anime as usual and HENTAI YEY and cosplaying nel to the expo party lmao andd offcourse most important part seing all my friends and the top studs in custom housee haha u no who u are
ryaoki

Postby Kitteh on Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:45 pm

Cosplaying and the masquerade, seeing everyone, buying more manga! <3

Everything really, I can't wait! They need more London Expo dates!
Kitteh

Postby CLAIRVOYANCE on Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:55 pm

Hopefully meeting more people, MANGA and cosplaying for the first time :oops:
CLAIRVOYANCE

Postby shinikami on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:02 am

It's ok Clairvoyance, I was so nervous about cosplaying in May ( 07 ) that I almost didn't eat breakfast - few bites of toast and that was it!
Yet was worried about travelling too, as was staying with my aunt up in north london!
shinikami

Postby Kazuki on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:10 am

shinikami wrote:It's ok Clairvoyance, I was so nervous about cosplaying in May ( 07 ) that I almost didn't eat breakfast - few bites of toast and that was it!
Yet was worried about travelling too, as was staying with my aunt up in north london!

That sounded like it ended up badly lol :D

CLAIRVOYANCE wrote:Hopefully meeting more people, MANGA and cosplaying for the first time

its normal to be nervous but when you just see the excel building in cosplay, you automatically get glomped....Good times :wink:
Kazuki

Postby shinikami on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:12 am

That sounded like it ended up badly lol

--
Well it didn't end up that badly as our aunt was actually interested to see a Ed Elric and two state millitary people in her living room as we all sat around for breakfast, forcing my sister to eat something before walking along the streets towards silver street station.

Everyone sort of was like, wierdos, but then we got to liverpool street station and it was like - "Are you guys all star wars?"
shinikami

Postby Kazuki on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:24 am

shinikami wrote:Everyone sort of was like, wierdos, but then we got to liverpool street station and it was like - "Are you guys all star wars?"

lol did they want you to alchmey a wookie :D
Kazuki

Postby shinikami on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:26 am

Kazuki wrote:
shinikami wrote:Everyone sort of was like, wierdos, but then we got to liverpool street station and it was like - "Are you guys all star wars?"

lol did they want you to alchmey a wookie :D

We just turned around and said that we were japanese animation characters, as our friends were waiting for us on the other side of the barrier. We just got there after someone took a picture of them - there were two Inyuashas, a school girl from DN Angel and another Ed Elric
shinikami

Postby Kazuki on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:31 am

lol i love walking to expos in a group of fellow cosplayers, it just seems awesome :D but people still call us nerds and etc ¬.¬
Kazuki

Postby shinikami on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:35 am

Kazuki wrote:lol i love walking to expos in a group of fellow cosplayers, it just seems awesome :D but people still call us nerds and etc ¬.¬

Lol, it was fun in october's as I was occasionally stopped for a photo or asked by the collector stands - which one are you - as I was dressed up as a Thunderbird ( the old puppet series )
Got glomped by a mysterious Dr Who too!! Was really freaky :shock:
shinikami

Postby zaikrafu on Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:56 pm

Theres no word about it, but I can't really seperate the expo into parts sooo, the part of the expo I'm looking most foward to, is the expo itself =P
zaikrafu

Postby Nihongo-Hime on Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:24 pm

I just love gettng to meet everyone again and having fun. And the free hugs always make me grin ^^

And hopefully this year i will actulay be able to go to the after party on saturday, if there is one.
Nihongo-Hime

Re: What are YOU looking forward to most about the Expo?

Postby FluffyDragon on Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:25 pm

I look forward to seeing all my awesome friends again, and the masquerade, usually because I'm performing and I love being on the stage.
Lastest cosplay: Alabasta Arc Nami from One Piece
FluffyDragon

Postby Sakura-San on Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:09 pm

I lovelovelove having an excuse to sew all day XD
It's so nice to see the finished result when you're cosplaying, and when people recognise you ^__^
I'm looking forward to dressing up, and also hopefully meeting new people :)
It takes more than good memory to have good memories.
Sakura-San

Postby Hosagi Telum on Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:34 am

What everyone else has said:

meeting people with the same interests
meeting people you've met in the previous expo's
the atmosphere
Seeing all the great cosplays (not done one yet myself, my friend bailed on me for october and looks the same for may, but we shall hopefully have one for october @_@)
just everything really

apart from the long journey and guiding 12 people round the underground ¬¬
And then the mahussive queue

Otherwise it's amazing
Hosagi Telum

Postby MasakoX on Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:50 am

Yeah, once again, it's meeting the like-minded people, spotting some interesting stock and anime stuff I'd not find usually. I'll be sure to enjoy this one to the full now that I have experience. :)
MasakoX

Re:

Postby Arkayen on Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:22 am

shinikami wrote:It's ok Clairvoyance, I was so nervous about cosplaying in May ( 07 ) that I almost didn't eat breakfast - few bites of toast and that was it!

Haha, know what you mean - if I dont tell myself to do it, I miss out food at expo ^_^;
In October 2005 I went without a great deal of food for nearly 48 hours and only drank coca cola and red bull - I ended up very very ill :(

But it was still worth it ;)

One thing that I loved last time was the WoW gaming area. Now I'm hooked on it (when I gets the chance to play it ;) bloomin cosplay lol).

Still loving the goodies bags too - freebies ftw!
MCM Expo Message Board Moderator

Arkayen
Board Moderator

Postby Manga Girl on Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:01 am

Seeing everyone again
cosplaying/masquerade
taking photos of all the cosplayers
cosplay rave/filming it ^^
meeting the guests
shopping
Manga Girl

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - MAY 2008