What are YOU looking forward to most about the Expo?

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories

Re: What are YOU looking forward to most about the Expo?

Postby shinikami on Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:02 pm

Have to add, hanging out with my friends - the risembool rangers
scaring people into joining the rangers
getting glomped by mysterious cosplayers because they love the character ur cosplaying!
( happened to me in oct 07 )

My sister was ill back in May 07, but think it was because she wasn't drinking enough - had to get her outside, then when she was inside, was being fanned by the programmes.
shinikami

Postby jacko360 on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:56 pm

meeting up with friends
taking lots of pictures
seeing the sailor moon cosplay group
watching masquarade
seeing who ends up in the 1 epic picture that I always seem to get every expo, (cher2a,Draven, an obito cosplayer..... who will be next....)
shopping
jacko360

Postby Neko-Chan on Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:53 pm

[*]It being a year since i first met my boyfriend
[*]Cosplay without being laughed at
[*]Meeting new people
[*]Buying lots of stuff
[*]Being in a great atmosphere
[*]Taking photos
[*]Staying with lots of people
[*](Fingers crossed NO DRAMA)
[*]Meeting up with old friends
Neko-Chan

Postby Dahlia_Snow on Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:20 pm

XD Expo is the one place where I can be amazingly hyper and not have to worry about padded walls
if you see someone running around and jumping up and down you just shake your head and carry on
to the next stall. You don't snigger with the person next to you. I just feel really comfortable going
and knowing that if I call out "BELIEVE IT" people will get it, even if they hate the phrase.
Dahlia_Snow

Postby The Soranator on Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:59 pm

I'm really really looking forward to meeting new people ^___^ It sounds pretty lame, but in October just- EVERYONE was nice :| I've never seen so many nice people in one location before.

Also, I'm looking forward to buying some new posters, as I brought two last time and my wall looks kinda bland xD Plus, it's my birthday like 2 weeks beforehand so I'll have lot's of money to spend for once. Yay!

Oh, and finally, I won't have evil demon wings that bruise my arms, so I won't be as moody xD;;
:3
The Soranator

Postby Ikkaku_Madarame on Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:18 pm

BATTLES!!!!!!!!!!!! and the jokes :D
I work best when im cheap 8-)
Ikkaku_Madarame

Postby FinalFantasyFanatic on Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:43 pm

I have never ever done it before but I'm currently looking forward to cosplaying, but I cannot choose who to be out of either Sephiroth (FF7), Squall (FF8) or Zell (FF8), I know I have plenty of time to decide tho.
I'm also looking forward to seeing what the expo is really about seeing as I have never been before and never truly looked into it all, I only just got the general idea of it all which doesn't tell everything if you now what I mean.
I'm also looking forward to seeing everyone else whos dressed up (mainly as characters I'm familiar with).
Erm and perhaps seeing which stars are going.
Loadz of things really.
Attendin Expo/Cons Since: 2008
FinalFantasyFanatic

Postby Ikkaku_Madarame on Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:27 am

its never a bad time to start. and FF cosplays are always good solid costumes to do :)
I work best when im cheap 8-)
Ikkaku_Madarame

Postby shadowrep on Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:21 pm

everything i also enjoy the journeys with me mates and going into brain overload by all the manga, figures ect. and meeting up with people on forum
shadowrep

Re:

Postby exile on Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:32 am

Kirst wrote:Well, this will be my second expo and my first london expo (I went to the Midlands one this September) also my second time cosplaying.

Well I'm looking forward to seeing all the lovely costumes, making new friends, and buying a lot of stuff!!

SNAP!

I mean.. exactly the same thing for me. First EXPO was the Midlands one last September, this'll be my first London expo. Freaky, huh! ^_~

Well, I just love the whole atmosphere of a convention. I mean, I'm no spring chicken (I'm almost a fully-fledged man!! *panics*), but at the EXPO's, you really feel like age doesnt really matter anymore, and you can do and say and feel whoever you want. Just the whole, expanded, busy busy busy atmosphere of it all just makes me feel like a young, excited child again. And that's always good.

Mind you, mentally, I've never really gone past that level.. :P
exile

Postby ryaoki on Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:45 am

haha usual im looking forard too, SPENDINGGGG, COSPLAYINGGGG,SPENDING TIME WITH NEW PEOPLE AND DRINKING YEYY
ryaoki

Postby Adziu on Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:11 pm

ryaoki wrote:haha usual im looking forard too, SPENDINGGGG, COSPLAYINGGGG,SPENDING TIME WITH NEW PEOPLE AND DRINKING YEYY

Have you turned into a zombie?
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby celi-chan on Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:16 pm

i love the atmosphere of it all. :) i don't really end up doing much at the expos; i just like to soak everything in.

[also, i like having an excuse to hug random good-looking guys... o_o]
tori ga suki desu ka? hai!
celi-chan

Postby Maroada on Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:11 pm

Well I'm new to this forum, hi people!

But I went to the convention in May last year, I knew what I was expecting roughly. But there was so much more @.@! The atmousphere is just so contagious! Everyone is so in there, happy, loud n' outgoing. And there were people who had just met but they were talking about things as if they were friends for years. When I was in the car on the way there, I saw all these people in cosplay and it just hypes you up. And all the stuff you can buy, and all those posters and everything.
I'll be looking forward to being more involved this time. I'm going as Hinata(Shippuden), I'm not sure about any other cosplays yet. But I just can't wait to see everyone just so energetic, the food - those noodles were so oishii!! There are so many reasons to looking forward to it. Oh..
By the way, does anyone know who that Zell was in may 07? o_o T'was a while back @.@ *drools*
Maroada

Postby Starl!ght on Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:45 am

I am gonna say the general atmosphere and the escape from reality that it provides. I despise the fact that my life is serious business and events like these generally help provide the balance that stops me from wanting to kick the chair from beneath my feet.

My first Expo was October 2006 although I only went because I played Yu-Gi-Oh at the time and details were posted up on the boards I used. I spent most of the Saturday playing children's card games, but on the Sunday I declined from doing the same thing, and decided to try and enjoy the event itself. I had a great time. Since then, the only other event like this that I have attended was JapanEx last year and that was only originally because a friend, told me about it and initially dragged me along. At the time he was far more into all aspects of Japanese culture than myself, but we made a weekend of it and had a fantastic time both days, and a pretty good laugh at the after party where we met some pretty awesome people like Nessie-Chan and Mass, who my friend had to take to the toilet twice. In fact one of the main things that struck me about the weekend was that all the people I met were all genuine and amazing people. I have never really experienced that before.

But yeah, I had a lot going on at the end of last year so I couldn't do Midlands or London but I am definitely at London in May and also at JapanEX this summer. I can't wait to get even more involved than before and meet even more people. Hopefully I will see you there! <3

[/LifeStory]
Birth.Life.Death.ReBirth
Starl!ght

Postby Adziu on Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:34 pm

Starl!ght wrote:awesome people like Nessie-Chan and Mass, who my friend had to take to the toilet twice.

Wait...whut?
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby sjbonnar on Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:29 pm

Adziu wrote:
ryaoki wrote:haha usual im looking forard too, SPENDINGGGG, COSPLAYINGGGG,SPENDING TIME WITH NEW PEOPLE AND DRINKING YEYY

Have you turned into a zombie?

Doesn't expo have that effect on all of us? LOL
sjbonnar

Postby Starl!ght on Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:08 pm

Adziu wrote:
Starl!ght wrote:awesome people like Nessie-Chan and Mass, who my friend had to take to the toilet twice.

Wait...whut?

Yessir, this is correct. its mention is even on a youtube video I believe...
Birth.Life.Death.ReBirth
Starl!ght

Postby tommy on Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:32 pm

i cant wait for the cosplaying as ive never done it before and meeting new people :D
i cant wait till may 2008
cosplay= naruto on the saterday and mukuro on the sunday
tommy

Previous

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - MAY 2008