posed photos today, allowed?

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories

posed photos today, allowed?

Postby jenniea on Sat May 24, 2008 4:22 pm

Hi,

Were the Battlestar guests allowing posed photos? Also did they have photo sessions on offer for all of them?

Thanks
jenniea

Re: posed photos today, allowed?

Postby joleslie on Sat May 24, 2008 4:59 pm

Shawnee Smith starting posing with fans at the beginning of the day, but as soon as her PA had informed other crew about it they quickly came around with 'NO POSED PHOTOS' signs for all of the guests (including the ones with no queues.)

Yet again the guests seem happy to do it (as Shawnee was), but Expo disallow it because they do not want to potentially make less money on the Photo Sessions. Matt Frewer at a previous Expo told me he was asked by Expo to refuse photos with fans (but he posed anyway.)

It looks like the only ones you could get to pose for a photo with you (except Shawnee at the very beginning) were the ones outside the main signing area.
joleslie

Postby lams9999 on Sat May 24, 2008 5:20 pm

Hi Jo,

it's a pity as I intend to buy photo shoots anyway but posed photos in addition are always nice.

OK, we'll see tomorrow as sunday is always much less busy than saturday so the rules might not be as strict as today.
lams9999

Postby joleslie on Sat May 24, 2008 5:30 pm

Hey Lams,

It was absolutely manic today... not for the guests, just for the manga fans and therefore entry queues.

The end of the Early Bird queue for those who had not pre-booked didn't get in until 10.30am - 11am. At midday there were still at least 1000 (but probably way more) people still queueing to buy Normal Entry tickets. At 2.30pm Pauline told me they had only just finished letting everyone in.

The guests did turn up fairly sharpish though. We were very near the front of the pre-booked Early Bird queue and after being let in a little late, still only waited for about 20 minutes before all of the guests had turned up.

Eddie's photo session was supposed to start at 11am, but didn't begin until 11.50am. All the Galactica guests were straight after him, followed by a group shot. They don't start distributing any photos until EVERY SINGLE ONE (from all the shoots, including non-Galactica people) is back and ready.

It's not difficult to get the autos and photos once you're in there... the problem is getting in with all the thousands of manga fans that are there. I really don't understand why sci-fi guests are even brought to these things anymore, or at least not kept in a seperate area (there is literally no where to queue for them. It's very bunched up and gets in the way of stalls and pathways. Very similar to Amanda Tapping the other year.)

Have a fun day tomorrow. Eddie is a very lovely guy.
joleslie

Postby Seiyuuki on Sat May 24, 2008 5:35 pm

for shame, evil signs.
I have to see if any of my friends have a camra anyway, my sis lost the memory card for mine the other day >.<
Seiyuuki

Postby lams9999 on Sat May 24, 2008 5:36 pm

Yes I know about the crowd on saturday, I've been to Expo once on saturday and it was manic !!

That's why I always come on sunday to meet the guests. It's far less packed and you can sometimes
have a lot of time to spend with the guests. Photo shoots are also much more relax.
lams9999

Postby joleslie on Sat May 24, 2008 5:41 pm

I always go on a Saturday (just in case I don't get everything I want; then I've got a second chance) but this was the worst/busiest I've ever seen it!

Just so you don't have to try working out the map: When you go in, head to the back left (just in front of the giant black curtains which hide the main stage) and that's where the guests are signing (and where you buy the Smileys.) Go to the very back and very middle of the hall, then take a left when you get to the back wall, and the tiny area hidden away is Photo Shoot area, where you the you buy photo tickets, get them taken, AND pick them up.
joleslie

Postby lams9999 on Sat May 24, 2008 5:43 pm

A last question : did you meet Christina Cox ? Do you know what kind of pics she has (from which shows) ?
lams9999

Postby joleslie on Sat May 24, 2008 5:45 pm

No I didn't, I'm afraid. All I know is she was completely dead (like everyone other than Eddie, really.)

There did seem to be a good few there though; I could be wrong, but I'm sure I saw at least 8 piles of what looked to be different pictures.
joleslie

Postby joleslie on Sat May 24, 2008 5:51 pm

Oh, also photo tickets didn't go on sale until an hour after opening (or the scheduled opening), so 10am. We managed to get our Eddie autos before we went to buy our photo tickets, because he turned up at just gone 9.30am.

Eddie's shoot did sell out, but there weren't many tickets. It wouldn't surprise me if there were only 50!
joleslie

Postby Seiyuuki on Sat May 24, 2008 5:52 pm

joleslie wrote:I always go on a Saturday (just in case I don't get everything I want; then I've got a second chance) but this was the worst/busiest I've ever seen it!

Just so you don't have to try working out the map: When you go in, head to the back left (just in front of the giant black curtains which hide the main stage) and that's where the guests are signing (and where you buy the Smileys.) Go to the very back and very middle of the hall, then take a left when you get to the back wall, and the tiny area hidden away is Photo Shoot area, where you the you buy photo tickets, get them taken, AND pick them up.

Thanks for the directions ^^
I wonder how sundays gonna be for manic-ness.
Seiyuuki

Postby jenniea on Sat May 24, 2008 5:55 pm

Cheers for the info Jo even if it's not what I wanted to hear. Didn't expect posed photos with Eddie but would have expected them for the other guests. I remember the good old days of Expo when the didn't have photo sessions and you could usually get posed photos no problem.
jenniea

Postby Seiyuuki on Sat May 24, 2008 6:10 pm

jenniea wrote:Cheers for the info Jo even if it's not what I wanted to hear. Didn't expect posed photos with Eddie but would have expected them for the other guests. I remember the good old days of Expo when the didn't have photo sessions and you could usually get posed photos no problem.

I almost wish I didn't read that last part. Now I know there was a time without paid photo sessions >.<
Seiyuuki

Postby Leonie Heartilly on Sat May 24, 2008 6:36 pm

I got Shawnee's autograph today and I remember seeing those "No posed photos" signs. Darn guess I was too late :(
Leonie Heartilly

Postby SapMao on Sat May 24, 2008 7:15 pm

Yeah, they all had no posed photos signs apart from Sarah Wilkinson and Steve Niles. If you tried taking photos as you walked by and a crew member saw you then they'd tell you not to. :x It wasn't like this last year when the Eureka people were there where you could freely take photos. Is the no posed photos rule likely to change tomorrow as I like to get one on my camera as well as a professional one.

Christina had a wide selection of photos to pick from, mostly Blood Ties and I saw one from The Chronicles of Riddick.
SapMao

Postby NotLeslie on Sat May 24, 2008 8:31 pm

lams9999 wrote:Hi Jo,

it's a pity as I intend to buy photo shoots anyway but posed photos in addition are always nice.

OK, we'll see tomorrow as sunday is always much less busy than saturday so the rules might not be as strict as today.

I would be surprised if they did Lams. When we say there was no queue we mean no queue, and not even virtual tickets, and they still didn't allowed posed photos. Insane and insulting.
Word of warning if you meet Shawnee, listen to her music on her Myspace before going because she's trying to flog her CDs and shirts. You get your auto and are immediately chatted to about the CD, even when I said I didn't like Country music she said it was produced by some famous rock label. I just gestured that the name drop just went straight over my head but I'm not sure she knew what I meant and probably thought I was a nutter. Still wasn't going to buy a CD though lol.
NotLeslie

Postby nomi-noo on Sat May 24, 2008 8:52 pm

Just wondering, how much the BSG group photo ended up costing?
nomi-noo

Postby lams9999 on Sat May 24, 2008 9:18 pm

Thanks for the warning Jo :wink:

Yes I know Shawnee has made a solo CD that is produced (I think) by the producer of Queen of Stone Ages. No idea what kind of music she does though. A bit surprised you mention "country" as I think she had a band in the 90s that was making punk/metal music. Anyway we'll see that tomorrow. I'll talk to her about "The blob" :mrgreen:
lams9999

Postby lams9999 on Sat May 24, 2008 9:18 pm

nomi-noo wrote:Just wondering, how much the BSG group photo ended up costing?

My friend texted me this afternoon that it was £55
lams9999

Postby lams9999 on Sat May 24, 2008 10:10 pm

NotLeslie wrote:Word of warning if you meet Shawnee, listen to her music on her Myspace before going because she's trying to flog her CDs and shirts. You get your auto and are immediately chatted to about the CD, even when I said I didn't like Country music she said it was produced by some famous rock label. I just gestured that the name drop just went straight over my head but I'm not sure she knew what I meant and probably thought I was a nutter. Still wasn't going to buy a CD though lol.

You're right, it's really country music ... I found her myspace :x
lams9999

Postby BillyBrown on Sun May 25, 2008 12:53 pm

Yeah, when i met Shawnee the woman next to her told me about the CD, I felt a bit rude saying i wasn't really interested with her sitting right there! :?
BillyBrown

Postby Leonie Heartilly on Sun May 25, 2008 2:09 pm

BillyBrown wrote:Yeah, when i met Shawnee the woman next to her told me about the CD, I felt a bit rude saying i wasn't really interested with her sitting right there! :?

I felt exactly the same >_< also the woman selling the CD wasn't making it sound interesting she was like "Shawnee has this CD" and then just stops and looks at you and I'm thinking "Uh-huh carry on..."
Leonie Heartilly

Postby jacko360 on Sun May 25, 2008 4:51 pm

Danny John Jules was doing posed photos today with everyone or are you just refering to BSG guests
jacko360

Postby joleslie on Sun May 25, 2008 5:53 pm

We are referring to the guests in the main signing area/tucked away corner (ie Alessandro, Rekha, Eddie, Aaron, Shawnee, Christina and Julie.)
joleslie

Postby crippsy_99 on Sun May 25, 2008 11:52 pm

I was there earlier (sunday) and again the no posed photos rule was in force.
Thing is, Shawnee, Christina and Julie had virtually no-one all day whatsoever, but still no posed photos were allowed. I have no idea if photoshoots were even available, but surely if there was anyway, by the time they'd finished people couldnt buy anymore so why still not allow it??
The bsg people I can understand fair enough, and as it happened I wanted photoshoots with them all anyway, but I dont have any photo of me meeting Shawnee or Christina :(
crippsy_99

Next

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - MAY 2008