posed photos today, allowed?

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories

Re: posed photos today, allowed?

Postby joleslie on Mon May 26, 2008 6:57 am

With regard to the 'no posed photos' rule, Expo have definitely LOST revenue from me and my friends because of it. Quite a lot of people I know who are tempted to buy an autograph from someone will end up deciding to buy it if they are posing, but will not if they aren't posing.

I believe Expo is the only UK signing event (not convention) where 'no posed photos' is imposed even for guests with no queues, which is why I only put myself through attending if there's someone I really want to meet, instead of all the other events which I go to even if there's someone I think I might meet.
joleslie

Postby a2k01 on Mon May 26, 2008 7:57 am

worse thing about no posed photos is there is no signs anywhere ( well there wernt when i was there sat) for the smaler guests

only sign i di see was in front of eddie olmos which i knew would be the case but didt see any with any1 esle ( and i have noticed this before at other expos)

so i asked julie benz for a photo and before she had chance to say anythign the guyshwas with jumped in saying we dont do that here u have to buy photoshoot and she semed rerlly awkward saying sorry i not allowed 2 do them managment rules etc and made the whole meet a bad experiance and left us both feeling awkward

i dont mind buy photo shoots for teh guests but the choic should be allowed or photo shoot price should be reduced as it £15 for an auto then £15 for a photo shoot so £30 per guest x how ever many guest it stupid amounts on money peopel dont al have

i feel it because teh celeb signing side is shrinking each con and less and less peopel gettign teh autos the con needs to make money back some how

but even the quaity of the photo print outs isnt great - the lighing is off and the quality of the paper etc is cheap with huge expo logo slap bang in the middle talk about the cheek of free advertsiing o ntop of he charge already
a2k01

Postby BillyBrown on Mon May 26, 2008 11:21 am

Leonie Heartilly wrote:
BillyBrown wrote:Yeah, when i met Shawnee the woman next to her told me about the CD, I felt a bit rude saying i wasn't really interested with her sitting right there! :?

I felt exactly the same >_< also the woman selling the CD wasn't making it sound interesting she was like "Shawnee has this CD" and then just stops and looks at you and I'm thinking "Uh-huh carry on..."

LOL, Yeah, thats exaclty what she said to me and just looked at the sign where it said the price and gave it a quick "nah, i'm good" :lol:
BillyBrown

Postby SapMao on Mon May 26, 2008 1:19 pm

joleslie wrote:With regard to the 'no posed photos' rule, Expo have definitely LOST revenue from me and my friends because of it. Quite a lot of people I know who are tempted to buy an autograph from someone will end up deciding to buy it if they are posing, but will not if they aren't posing.

I believe Expo is the only UK signing event (not convention) where 'no posed photos' is imposed even for guests with no queues, which is why I only put myself through attending if there's someone I really want to meet, instead of all the other events which I go to even if there's someone I think I might meet.

They didn't have that rule in place last October so I thought it was refreshing that Expo wasn't one of those events imposing it but then I saw the signs on Saturday and I think it alienates those of us wishing to meet them. We weren't even allowed to take photos as we were walking by. As such, I didn't bother paying for autographs.
SapMao

Postby Kirst on Mon May 26, 2008 1:34 pm

I wanted Alessandro Juliani to sign a few of my things, so got in the queue, got to the desk where he was and were told to get a smiley thing, even though we'd been stood in the queue and asked two of the expo staff if we needed to get anything!! (they both said no!!)

So I went and bought a smiley thing, £15, and got back in the queue, he signed my L figure, I wanted him to sign my DVD and before he said anything, the expo person sat with him pointed to the ticket thing again, he was a really nice guy too and I'm sure he would've signed it straight off without me paying more. Now I find it disgusting that I have to pay £30 for two signatures!! Two!! Especially when Mike Mcfarland was signing stuff for free (I know as my boyfriend got something signed by him!!)

Also, the posed photo thing, I really wasn't expecting that until I got to the desk. Sigh.
Last edited by Kirst on Mon May 26, 2008 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kirst

Postby a2k01 on Mon May 26, 2008 1:43 pm

the no posed photo rule has been in afect for last few expos depending on the time of day or staff sitting with guest depended on how hard it was enforced

but usually it easier to get them afetr all photo shoots been done as they cant use that excuse to stop u

end of the day it used to be guests discretion btu from way i was refused with jule benz t was made clear it was a managemenet decision and she looked and felt uncomfortable with it
a2k01

Postby jenniea on Mon May 26, 2008 3:51 pm

I don't understand how I spent over £100 on bsg autos and got no posed photos and then I went to meet Alessandro Juliania to get my fiance's deathnote cover signed and got a great posed photo with him no problems without spending anything!
jenniea

Postby jenniea on Mon May 26, 2008 3:57 pm

Kirst wrote:I wanted Alessandro Juliani to sign a few of my things, so got in the queue, got to the desk where he was and were told to get a smiley thing, even though we'd been stood in the queue and asked two of the expo staff if we needed to get anything!! (they both said no!!)

So I went and bought a smiley thing, £15, and got back in the queue, he signed my L figure, I wanted him to sign my DVD and before he said anything, the expo person sat with him pointed to the ticket thing again, he was a really nice guy too and I'm sure he would've signed it straight off without me paying more. Now I find it disgusting that I have to pay £30 for two signatures!! Two!! Especially when Mike Mcfarland was signing stuff for free (I know as my boyfriend got something signed by him!!)

Also, the posed photo thing, I really wasn't expecting that until I got to the desk. Sigh.

Your L figure would have been signed free of charge if you could have waited till he done his free signing (was half 1 on the sun). Although I know its not your fault because when I asked at the info desk how the signing would work for getting my deathnote dvd signed they were adamant i would need to pay. Finally found out the correct info from a member of staff and got given the excuse that it was manga that was organising it. But when the guest is charging for autos as well as providing free ones, the staff should be informed and plus it was the Sunday so the same thing must have happened on the Saturday.
jenniea

Postby Kirst on Mon May 26, 2008 6:23 pm

What a farce, the staff were incredibly unhelpful.
Kirst

Postby a2k01 on Mon May 26, 2008 7:03 pm

see it depends on what staff u mean cos i have stewarded many times before and can tell u it not our faults that we get no info as we neevr properly trained just told to watch that door or stand there etc it a farce to be fair

but teh worse hing is teh crew - eevn though they nice peopel ( some not all) they dont know what they doign eithe r even afetr years of doign it they always seem very un organised and unprofessional and on occasion rude
a2k01

Postby bastila on Fri May 30, 2008 2:08 pm

Just bumping up wondering if Expo could answere the whole picture thing for this year?

I know the BSG guests couldn't do it but the others where like empty loads and could have got a picture with them, heck I spent 10mins + talking to Christina Cox as no one else was there, but no pictures at all

Last yeah you could ask for a picture before the steward busts in and is like no blah blah but last year it was fine I can't be borthered to repeat myself, my rant is on the first page lol.
bastila

Previous

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - MAY 2008