How was Expo for you? what'd you get? who'd you meet?

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories

How was Expo for you? what'd you get? who'd you meet?

Postby Barry790 on Sat May 24, 2008 6:39 pm

did y'all have a good time? i thought it was great! got rambo on dvd, dexter season 1 on dvd, met julie benz and got a professional photo with Julie (big fan). i thought expo was great...it did seem that the tv/movie part of expo wont stay for long (about 5 non manga stalls and a little corner at the back for the guests) and about 80% of peeps seemed hyperactive manga kids with their hugging and general mentalnist. but the show seemed good...i was there for a fair ol' while and the guests they had there was great1 good selection of photos too.
Barry790

Re: How was Expo for you? what'd you get? who'd you meet?

Postby near&wudndogyonstrng on Sat May 24, 2008 6:48 pm

expo was brill!!! :3
first time ive been but it was brilliant!!!
i didnt go to the show >.< mainly 'cause i didnt know it was there XD
butbutbut i did cosplay as Near and run around with a dog on a string :3

was soooooo good!!!
cant wait til october now...must cosplay as rena from higurashi XD
:lol:
xxx
near&wudndogyonstrng

Postby BillyBrown on Sat May 24, 2008 6:52 pm

Expo always rules and this one was no exception. Got 'the eye' and 'outpost' on region 1 dvd and got Shawnees auto and professional photo (Felt like an achievement finally meeting her after cancelling a holiday last year when she back out of a german con, Cheers again expo!). Oh and of course an auto from Ernie Hudson ;)
BillyBrown

Postby The3rdChildren on Sat May 24, 2008 7:53 pm

Busy as usual, wasn't it. The lines to get in were pretty epic, but still nothing compared to Celebration Europe's re-entry line which stretched all through the car park outside. Lots of really nice girls in cosplay today which is always a good thing, especially funny when your friend seemingly falls in love with a girl in a pink maid's outfit and won't stop talking about her all day.

Got myself a couple of DVDs. I was very surpised to find all the Haruhi dvds on region 2 available at the BEEZ stand for a pretty great price. Also the sixth Guyver volume early from ADV which was another top surprise. Nothing in the toy department this time which is unusual for me, but I guess nothing really stood out... plus getting near the stalls is itself an accomplishment gone 1pm.

I didn't meet anyone. I couldn't find anyone really. It's all still a blur.
The3rdChildren

Postby an1m3_43v3r on Sat May 24, 2008 9:02 pm

It was great for me 2nd time going 1st time cosplaying didn't meet anyone tho :( lol did get a few pictures tho :) great weather so i just sat out side reading manga in my costume (Rowen Elemental Gelade White and Blue)
an1m3_43v3r

Postby surreal on Sat May 24, 2008 9:14 pm

It was preeety fun. The line was, like, UGH. Not to mention, I was pretty hot (as in, tempratuuure) in my Nekozawa cloak. Also, I was RIGHT in front of a Storm Trooper, so my elbow is now in many a Storm Trooper picture! :]

Lotsa people recognized me, which was great, and I got some pictures... a nice and well cosplayed Yoruichi (Bleach) hugged me, yaaay. >////<

Now, for the bad things...

It was hooot. And stuffy. And painful. And... hot! D=

The line was 12903812093812012903012 miles long. D<

Also, my Belzenef blew away when I was outside and my dad had to hop over the fence, nearly get run over by a truck and get it for me. D;

I spent most of the con NOT in cosplay, and I didn't wear my blazer because THEN I'd be baking.

I'm really, really, REALLY shy, I wanted to ask SO many people for pictures and I asked like... 2. No, EXACTLY 2. That's my confidence level. Well, I must admit, I took a pretty awesome picture of an Akito/Agito (I never remember the difference) cosplayer, the sunlight and the wind made it all glooowy~

Anyway I was too shy to join in with all the fun with the conga line and madness going on below the steps at the entrance near the trees even though I wanted to. T____T

Perhaps tomorrow things will go better? =D

I'm gonna do my buying tomorrow.
surreal

Postby >>Natulcien<< on Sat May 24, 2008 9:34 pm

I had another fantastic time! The queue was long but I kinda like that - time to look at cosplays and just generally have a good time. Those guys in V for Vendetta masks with the huge stereo made me giggle a fair few times. Especially when they cut off the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme and the whole queue complained until they put it back on >.<
Ah great times ^-^
>>Natulcien<<

Postby Sakura-San on Sat May 24, 2008 10:15 pm

All I brought was pocky :3
But I did get a lot of hugs & talk to different people which was cool :)
I got a sunburn though O.o
It takes more than good memory to have good memories.
Sakura-San

Postby beautiful_hooker on Sat May 24, 2008 11:42 pm

I have decided that next year I'm going to cosplay as someone who wears sensible shoes! Arg! Spending the day as Number 6 in heels was very very painful. And the wind outside sucked as it kept blowing up my dress. Didn't get as many pictures of other cosplayers as I wanted. I'm quiet shy at asking people to. Don't like to feel like I'm disturbing anybody :oops:
Battlestar Q&A was awesome and tho I'm gutted about not getting a picture with any of them. I love the fact I've sat in the same room as them :D *geek* The que was miles long but wasn't so bad. I've been in longer ques. Plus it's nice to get a good look at everybody before you get in. Even tho I had to join another que for the cash machines after that which wasn't so fun.
I only brought 6 battlestar photos, pocky and Koala.
Loved the fact that I found a cosplaying Starbuck and had my picture taken with her pointing her gun at my head.
Saw some strange looking Naruto cosplayers :/
Overall. It was a good day and I will def be there next year!
beautiful_hooker

Postby SapMao on Sun May 25, 2008 12:48 am

I think it's easier once you've asked the first few people for photos.

I'm sure it was even more rammed today compared with October.
SapMao

Postby fatrat on Sun May 25, 2008 1:32 am

Was my first time at the expo, and sure as hell felt outa place as there seemed like loads of people were in cosplay. Some good ones and some not so good ones.

I enjoyed looking at the merchandise, i did buy aload of figures which i wont list, lets say i overspent by alot. I only bought things that i deemed pretty rare or that i have been thinking of buying for awhile. It was great to see so many good things to buy, although i have to say that some stalls are more over priced than others even tho they sell the same if not similar sorta items. Plus it was sad to see people stealing things from stalls, which kinda spoilt the experience abit for me.

I gota agree that it was mighty hot in the expo, had to sit down to take a breather a few times. The celebrities seemed like they were shoved in the dirty corner, that area was rather odd and was hard to walk through as the traffic of people constantly got pend in and stuck. I didn't get any autographs from any of the celebs even tho im a fan of battlestar, i think its abit cheeky to charge for autographs and to meet them like 2 secs.

I would have liked to have seen some really new stuff in terms of movie trailers or games in the expo, as pretty much all the move trailers or games i have seen before. So there wasn't any '., not seen this' b4 moments.

There was defenitly alot of wierd people in the expo, never been to a place where there was so many stereotypical anime/sci fi/fantasy types. Whats with so many people with signs for hugs?

Overall i would say it was good, a good day out indeed.
fatrat

Postby Zakuta on Sun May 25, 2008 9:59 am

I thought it was alright - quite hot, packed out and lots of stuff to see/buy. I should be leaving now to claim my last buys.

There were some pretty good cosplays around - it was nice that it was mostly people in costume though, tbh. It's just one of those days you can actually go mad.

I took some pictures, but not enough, so I'll try and take some more today if possible.

Funny seeing someone get on at Leagrave station to go to the expo though :p
Zakuta

Postby legilgalad1701 on Sun May 25, 2008 10:18 am

I thought it was alright. It wasn't as good as the last time I met, and was sooooooo packed within an hour of the doors opening that I kept losing my first-timer friend in the crowd! The atmosphere was excellent as usual, the BSG guests had a lot of time for me when I met them for their autographs and all personally signed the pics. Had a good little chat with a couple of them about the first two seasons (as not on to season 3 just yet).

I was disappointed by the selection on the stalls this year, even though there was a large variety of stuff. I suppose it is not a good idea to only want one thing and then not be able to find it. More annoying than disappointing, having the smileys stall so clost to the queue for autographs for BSG was only good for those who were first through the door

In the end, my friend got frustrated so we left at about 12, but got hands stamped just in case. Ended up seeing a show in London.

As I was specific to myself as to who I wanted to meet and what I wanted to get, it was over way too fast. Lets hope there is even more in October! See you then!
legilgalad1701

Postby SapMao on Sun May 25, 2008 11:40 am

Woke up today intending to go to Expo but...could...not...move. :x
SapMao

Postby Kirst on Sun May 25, 2008 12:01 pm

I got lots of coooooooool stuff!:
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee81 ... 0_3764.jpg

my little rei ayanami made me laugh, as I was in cosplay as her in that outfit ^__^
Kirst

Postby sunny1r on Sun May 25, 2008 12:08 pm

As it was my first time at the EXPO i arrived on time and ended up in the line for an hour (this actually was pretty fun) unfortunately they ran out of goodie bags but i still got the iron man statue while walking in and out of the EXPo to buy a chinese training sword, a naruto plushie and a kingdom keychain. I also took loads of pics which i will upload on YouTube soon.
sunny1r

Postby Pinkina on Sun May 25, 2008 12:59 pm

The Expo was crowded and a bit intimidating socially for me. I couldn't really connect with anyone hehe. Hell that could just be me. It sure didn't ruin it though. :D

I'm the kindof person who can sit somewhere and take in everything and be perfectly satisfied hehe.

I got loads of freebies which I lovelovelove. Ghost Buster poster \o/
Anyway my lovelovelove is the AT AT Walker model I won, it's so damn cute. I love things like that. Plus I love Star Wars roflmfao. x]

I didn't appreciate it when someone came for charity in the queue since I felt compelled to give money and that I didn't have a choice. Then again, I'm a pushover... The only thing I spent money on was £2.50 for charity and then £1 on some sweets I love. -_- So y'know... it was a bit... argg. I guess that's how charity works these days but hey...

I didn't come to the expo with the aim to buy things though, since there's nothing in particular that I needed to buy. I mean there was, but there are much more important things I have to save money for. Though I found it hard even to "window shop" let alone shop itself with the amount of people surrounding stalls.

I wanted to take loads of photographs with my new lens but most of the time it was too crowded so I kept it in it's bag.

Oh my God I was seriously searching EVERYWHERE for the awesome mudkip :(
I saw it in the Expo arena and missed it and proceeded to search for it EVERYWHERE! ;.; I so wanted a photo of me with a mudkip plz :']

I especially loved the Mario brothers and Haado Gei. Made me laugh everytime I walked past. Such sweet Irony. ^____^
Pinkina

Postby beautiful_hooker on Sun May 25, 2008 1:32 pm

Kirst wrote:I got lots of coooooooool stuff!:
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee81 ... 0_3764.jpg

my little rei ayanami made me laugh, as I was in cosplay as her in that outfit ^__^

Aww I wanted one of those Totoro plushies but I thought they were way to over-priced.
beautiful_hooker

Postby Kirst on Sun May 25, 2008 2:49 pm

Lol, I didn't buy it my boyfriend did for me :D
Kirst

Postby The3rdChildren on Sun May 25, 2008 5:47 pm

Sunday was much better than Saturday crowd-wise. I don't usually do the two days at expo but I woke up early this morning and with nothing else to do went back for a bit of toy shopping.

Ended up getting quite a bit today actually. Medicom RAH Misa and Ryuk figures at awesome prices, Rei doing some leet trixxx on her little orange bike, Sideshow's Obi-Wan 1/6 figure and a sofbi Krillin I've been after a while. Also got the two other Lost figures I wanted, which includes just had a wank/happy expression Sawyer.

After today's happiness, I would definitely consider another Sunday visit.
The3rdChildren

Postby near&wudndogyonstrng on Sun May 25, 2008 6:56 pm

nyawz!!!
i went again today!! 2nd time XD
andandand i met someone from the forum...cant remember who she was but you were really nice lolz and thanks [;

i only went with misa misa today but we got a fair few photos taken which was shockin o.o
so we went and hid for a bit and ate lots and lots of noodles then went explorin round the entrance where nobody is XD and we met L light and matt they were all so kewl....we made friends XD
but then me n misa went round the back and took for ever and i looked in a window at this buisness meetin n stopped n stared n then one of the guys got up and they were all lookin at me so we ran XD was funny funny funny!!!

we hugged like loadsa people theyr all soo awesome!!! x3
^^ and at minstrels and sweets
i cant wait til hte next one!!
apparnetly therres something goin on in july/august please please someone fill me in coz i duno wats goin on >.<
but today was so awesome!!! everyone who went, i love you guys!!! :3
see you next time [;
xxxx he's ghey :arrow: -insert mellow here-
near&wudndogyonstrng

Postby bebeXiAO on Sun May 25, 2008 7:06 pm

Expo was awesome!
I got a bottle of coke! (I'm poor now~ lawl T^T)
I saw lots of people I recognise from school.
xx
bebeXiAO

Postby Sharingan James on Sun May 25, 2008 8:50 pm

Sucked, I was WAY too ill to even remotely enjoy it.

Seeing that DBZ game + meeting a couple of mates was pretty good though.
Sharingan James

Postby wetnoodle on Sun May 25, 2008 9:40 pm

Hello expoforum!
This is wettest wetnoodle who dressed up as Syaoran, from Card Captor Sakura.

It was a good expo this year for me.
I only went on Saturday because of work but it was well worth the day off.

I reaquanted with a lot of the people I met from last year, although there were still plenty of faces who I didn't see (where were the TWINS?)
:(

Some of the new people I met this year are:
Haylee and Shawn (Team Rocket)
Connie and Kitty

Awesome people, they are. Arrr!

Hang out with Nessie, Mooz, Tom, Jake, SirAuronDX (Dammit, I keep forgetting your name... but you a had a sweet irish accent hahaha), Juni, Vinnie, Gman, Armen, Petra and Kalesha. (Aimee where were you all day?) I saw Dodo out and about but she was everywhere. Bless.

After expo, in the afternoon, went to invaded Carina's rented place and lol that looked awesome. Wish I had that house.

Throughout the day, kept bumping in to neechan. :D I missshes you. I only ever see you every six month. :lol:

And, as for photos, I didn't have as much motivation to take photos this year. I don't know why but the ones I took are on my livejournal.. Most of them were either underexposed or wrongly focused (got lazy and just carelessly pressed the shutter) which needed an extensive post-processing. Good god, thanks to Lightroom for the wonders it can make. LCPR's photos on the other hand, looked outstanding and very well taken. :D

I wished I'd gone to the party though. I was whingeing all day about how I couldn't go because of my poopy parents (and horrorvision was on, in fact I left connie's/kittie's room as it just came on). Barrr. In october I shall, and in fact, I WILL! :D

Now, now, now... who to cosplay at next expo?
hmmm.

I'll think of that later.

For now, ROLL ON OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!
wetnoodle

Postby rico2099 on Sun May 25, 2008 11:11 pm

It was a lot of fun, my 7th London expo so I'm a regular :D

Got some great Haloclix, Hellboy and Alien vs Predator Heroclix, all really cheap too
A few different sweets
Comics from Orangutan Comics
The sequel to the Tozzer comic series - Peckerwood
A few mangas
A Cammy figure
A Master Replica Vader FX Lightsaber

and took some great photos, including a great one of me getting harassed by Stormtroopers and one of Foxy Love from Drawn Together
rico2099

Next

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - MAY 2008