Anyone going to the Midlands Expo this year?

Midlands MCM Expo 2008 event date will be announced, in the mean time why not discuss it here!

Re: Anyone going to the Midlands Expo this year?

Postby Arkayen on Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:54 pm

Depends whoses trading there tbh but theres usually some stuff from most animes.
MCM Expo Message Board Moderator

Arkayen
Board Moderator

Postby _naruto_159 on Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:27 pm

Arkayen wrote:Depends whoses trading there tbh but theres usually some stuff from most animes.

Thx alot. Your a great help :mrgreen:
NaRuTo LoVeR
_naruto_159

Postby Arkayen on Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:31 pm

Anytime and welcome to the boards! Sure you'll enjoy the expo if you go ^^ while I do go to London, this will hopefully be my first Midlands Expo too.
MCM Expo Message Board Moderator

Arkayen
Board Moderator

Postby Strawberry on Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:37 am

I live in the Midlands, so there is no way I missing this.

Though like many people have said, I'm disapointed that it only runs for a day as most people in the North and Middle of England find it more conviennt for them and would like to attend both days. Also I think the reason why the Midlands Expo never got as much attendees in Sept was because it was stuck in between loads of events and not everyone can afford every event during the May-Oct period, so I agree that February is a better date, but I don't want to complain about this.

Going to the Midlands Expo means that I need at least £15 per day to survive, so providing that I don't spend any money on merchandise, it's enough for the train and entry ticket, plus I don't need a hotel. London Expos means I need £150+ to survive since £60-£80 goes towards hotels + £35 train ticket + £15? tube + Expo entry, food etc..., so assuming that the Midlands expo run for 2 days, thats a difference of £120

EDIT; Damn! I just realised that I work on Satrudays, so unless I can get the day off, then I might not beable to make it. Plus, I can't afford to take Saturdays off for almost every month because May, July, Aug, Sept, then Oct has events which I want to attend. If only it runs on Sunday, then it will be definite that I can go since I don't work on Sundays. Thats ashame really since it costs me so less and yet I might have to miss out on the cheapest Expo for me :cry:
Strawberry

Postby CrystalNeko on Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:21 pm

Awww Strawberry I really do hope you CAN go! >o<
It'd be a shame to miss you at expo =[
CrystalNeko

Postby nicocopops on Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:03 pm

Arkayen wrote:Anytime and welcome to the boards! Sure you'll enjoy the expo if you go ^^ while I do go to London, this will hopefully be my first Midlands Expo too.

I havn't been to a london expo but the midlands was great! I went to the February one last year and I loved every minute of it. Your bound to enjoy it =D I cannot wait!
An overpowering love may consume you in the end.
nicocopops

Postby Crazedteensie on Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:47 pm

I'll be there. Still disappointed about the one day thing but everything I think's been said by Freya and Selph D: *mourns February*

But we'll just have to make this one superspecialawesome XD
Crazedteensie

Postby Fullmetal_Dani on Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:17 am

I do prefer London... there werent enough cosplayers at Telford in Feb! Made me saaad.

But Ill come along, am raiding Ryaoki's house to save on Hotels LOL
Fullmetal_Dani
Board Moderator

Postby _naruto_159 on Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:01 pm

Hiya, do they sell anime models at the midlands expo. Any sort and how much would they be. :D

Thankyou :mrgreen:
NaRuTo LoVeR
_naruto_159

Postby CrystalNeko on Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:15 pm

_naruto_159 wrote:Hiya, do they sell anime models at the midlands expo. Any sort and how much would they be. :D

TokyoToys do the main selling of anime models as far as I know, they vary in price depending on how big they are usually but yeah

http://www.tokyotoys.com

that's their website xD It at least gives you an idea of how much the figurines are... and other stuff too! ^_^

And I personally prefer the Midlands to London... it's smaller in size and for me anyways it's a much friendlier atmosphere! Plus it's quicker and easier to get there as there's no horrid London Traffic which is always a good thing ;D Though the shortage of cosplayers compared to Londons is quite sad =[
Though for some reason I prefer JapEx to Midlands haha! It could just be due to layout though xD
CrystalNeko

Postby _naruto_159 on Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:58 pm

CrystalNeko wrote:
_naruto_159 wrote:Hiya, do they sell anime models at the midlands expo. Any sort and how much would they be. :D

TokyoToys do the main selling of anime models as far as I know, they vary in price depending on how big they are usually but yeah

http://www.tokyotoys.com

that's their website xD It at least gives you an idea of how much the figurines are... and other stuff too! ^_^

And I personally prefer the Midlands to London... it's smaller in size and for me anyways it's a much friendlier atmosphere! Plus it's quicker and easier to get there as there's no horrid London Traffic which is always a good thing ;D Though the shortage of cosplayers compared to Londons is quite sad =[
Though for some reason I prefer JapEx to Midlands haha! It could just be due to layout though xD

Thankyou,again. gonna check the website out now. :mrgreen:

thankyou. :)
NaRuTo LoVeR
_naruto_159

Postby Fallen black roses on Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:22 pm

COI most likely will be going :)
Oh, while I'm here, me and a friend are thinking of gathering people who want to do a big FF10-2 cosplay- we are looking for people doing different dress spheres. It's a sketchy idea at the moment, if but anyone is interested...well =]

I didn't get to go to last years one because the date of the expo was the date I was moving house xD
Talk about bad timing!
Fallen black roses

Postby Special Pleb on Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:54 pm

Ah yes, me and CrystalNeko shall definitely be going, in theory ^^; Well I wouldn't want to opportunity to do are group cosplay this time round *Laughs*
I love Midlands, much much relaxed than London, and it's easier to find your friends if you get separated. Easier for us to get too aswell ^__^
Special Pleb

Postby CrystalNeko on Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:43 pm

Special Pleb wrote:Ah yes, me and CrystalNeko shall definitely be going, in theory ^^; Well I wouldn't want to opportunity to do are group cosplay this time round *Laughs*
I love Midlands, much much relaxed than London, and it's easier to find your friends if you get separated. Easier for us to get too aswell ^__^

Bwa ha ha ha! T'will be fun to work with YOUR cosplay! >D I so want to help! >D [And I get a squishy cape! YEAH! 8D]
And it's easier to find friends now is it? I shall have to try harder to run off from you guys then xP
CrystalNeko

Postby _naruto_159 on Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:37 pm

Hi.

I heard you can get goodie bags at the Midlands expo.

If so what kind of items and things do you get inside them!

Thankyou :D
NaRuTo LoVeR
_naruto_159

Postby Special Pleb on Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:39 pm

CrystalNeko wrote:Bwa ha ha ha! T'will be fun to work with YOUR cosplay! >D I so want to help! >D [And I get a squishy cape! YEAH! 8D]
And it's easier to find friends now is it? I shall have to try harder to run off from you guys then xP

Y'know with our cosplays this time round I think I could get away with chaining you to me XD Sure you can help, I can't stand to look at the colour too long! >o<

@ _Naruto_159 It varies whats in a goodie bag. Stickers, posters, small figures, leaflets. I know in Oct they had like a random thing where some people got tshirts.
Special Pleb

Postby _naruto_159 on Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:27 pm

Special Pleb wrote:
CrystalNeko wrote:Bwa ha ha ha! T'will be fun to work with YOUR cosplay! >D I so want to help! >D [And I get a squishy cape! YEAH! 8D]

Y'know with our cosplays this time round I think I could get away with chaining you to me XD Sure you can help, I can't stand to look at the colour too long! >o<

@ _Naruto_159 It varies whats in a goodie bag. Stickers, posters, small figures, leaflets. I know in Oct they had like a random thing where some people got tshirts.[/quote

WOW!!!!

gotta get a goodie bag now

thankyou so much :)
NaRuTo LoVeR
_naruto_159

Postby nanahara on Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:19 pm

I should be going, unless things come up that can't be worked around.
nanahara

Postby _Neji_8_ on Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:07 pm

I've got a small question. XD Em i believe you can buy cosplay outfits there,yes? I'm hoping if they're not too much,i may buy one(since i'm not aloud to buy online xD) So how much about are they?
P.s i was hoping to buy a Naruto outfit/costume/cosplay. C:
_Neji_8_

Postby an1m3_43v3r on Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:04 pm

i might go to the midlands expo for my 18th bday, if i do go ill cosplay as Rowen
an1m3_43v3r

Postby TheMagicalLucy on Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:09 am

Hey

I'll be going :D
I'm a little disappointed that we only get one day, but I've never been before, and I doubt, seeing as it's far away, that I'd get to go both days anyway
But it really sucks because there are a lot more people who find it easier to get to.

Anyways
I'm going as Allen Walker
Traveller maybe, (saving exorcist for October)
If all goes well, I'll have his akuma eye thingy :D
***October 2010***
Sat~ Asuka (NGE)
Sun~ Zidane (DFF)
TheMagicalLucy

Postby MrDoom on Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:59 am

I hope to be going, will be my first time. I found out about the London one from someones profile, checked out the website and saw that there was a Midlands one! Much better, since that's where I live :D
MrDoom

Postby _Neji_8_ on Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:51 pm

MrDoom wrote:I hope to be going, will be my first time. I found out about the London one from someones profile, checked out the website and saw that there was a Midlands one! Much better, since that's where I live :D

Lol same here. XD It's the first time i'm going, too. :3 I'm really looking foward to it aswell. ^_^
_Neji_8_

Postby animefan on Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:28 am

We shall see dependant on my job and where I live at the time :shock: Could be living in Bedford or Cambridge by then
Ryzy-San

animefan

Postby Sakanoue on Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:41 pm

I hope to be! With a friend, I shall have to drive down... not sure of the time it'll take, I hope parking isn't an issue. >_> I've only ever been to one proper convention before... I hope it'll be nice ^_^
Sakanoue

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat