Card Captor Sakura's Clow cards

Midlands MCM Expo 2008 event date will be announced, in the mean time why not discuss it here!

Card Captor Sakura's Clow cards

Postby mogwai k on Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:06 pm

me and my sister have decided to go to the midlands as The Firey and The Watery from Card Captor Sakura. we were just wondering if there are gonna be any other card captor cosplayers. :)

The Fiery - mogwai k

The Watery - Roxy-Chi
mogwai k

Re: Card Captor Sakura's Clow cards

Postby Kirst on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:08 pm

I wish you'd have said sooner as I would've done one, but I've already started my cosplay, :(

you'll look great! :D
Kirst

Postby Mew Pudding on Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:42 pm

Wow!! Thats such a kwl idea go as the clow cards!! If I had known as ll before I started my cosplay I would have gone as the wood card^^ Or the air card^^ wow has given me ideas for future cosplays =3
Oct Expo
Clair & Neptune
Mew Pudding

Postby Adziu on Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:29 am

There've been some really awesome Clow Card cosplays in the past, and I'm really looking forward to seeing these.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby etoeto on Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:53 pm

thatts such an awesome idea :) I might think about that one over the summer.. or try to finish the series first. XD (I'm so bad at starting something.. then start drawing fanart and then never actually finishing the series..)
Old account teh-Jodie!!
etoeto

Postby Postman_Pat on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:20 am

I'm going as Syaoran Li and my gf and her friend are coming as Meilin and Tomoyo.

I feel so lame going as a normal person character...if you know what i mean...when you two are going as the clow cards which is SO much cooler *starry eyes*

We'll have to meet up for some pictures or something :)

hope to see you there
Postman_Pat

Postby Adziu on Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:32 pm

Ah, but Li is awesome. Are you going in his battle costume?
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby Postman_Pat on Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:59 pm

Adziu wrote:Ah, but Li is awesome. Are you going in his battle costume?

Yeah, i'll be the guy in green lol.
People keep making fun of me and saying it's a dress =[
Not sure if i'll be able to get the sword finished in time but i'm gonna give it a go :S
Postman_Pat

Postby Adziu on Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:35 pm

Nah, it's not dress-like at all. I did the costume a couple of expos ago - there're a handful of pics in the gallery here if you're interested: http://tybsy.deviantart.com/gallery/#Other-series
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby Postman_Pat on Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:58 am

Oh wow :) They're really good! I hope mine turns out as well, though my sword wont be nearly that cool.

Hand making all of mine and i don't have time to make mistakes so i hope it all goes smoothly.
Postman_Pat

Postby mogwai k on Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:20 pm

YAY! some card captors!!! if only we had a sakura as well! we will definatly have to meet up for pictures! i remember when you were syaoean that was awesome
mogwai k

Postby Strawberry on Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:19 pm

I had plans to go as the Dark card & I was going to drag my friend and force her to be the Light card, but I had to push these cosplays back because my hair used to be really long up to my waist (so yey for no wigs) and my EVIL mum forced me to cut my hair shoulder lenght & now my hair is not long enough to cosplay as the dark card :( Plus my friend kinda feels uncomfortable cosplaying as the Light as the dress is a little revealing around the chest area, so hopefully I can drag another friend to do the Light card with me.

mogwai k wrote:if only we had a sakura as well!

If you and your sister are definitely cosplaying as the Firey and Watery for this Expo, then I will consider going as Sakura (Ep 48 costume) for half a day. What makes it interesting is that the costume I will be wearing was when she transforms the Firey card into a Sakura card, so I will definitely want pics with you.
Strawberry

Postby mogwai k on Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:40 pm

woo hoo!! a sakura!!! we will have the whole gang!!!!
we should arrange a time to meet up and get some piccys taken!!
mogwai k

Postby Postman_Pat on Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:53 pm

yaaaaaaay :)

A sakura :) Awesomenesssssss.

I've not been to the Midlands expo before so i don't know my way around very well... well at all.

But if you wanna name a palce to meet i'm sure we can ask around and find it once we're there :)

I know Tomoyo will have a camera as it's part of her costume :)
Postman_Pat

Postby mogwai k on Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:14 pm

cool! i have never been to midlands before either :s this cud be a problem......strawberry have you been before????
mogwai k

Postby Strawberry on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:04 pm

Yes, I live in the Midlands so I have been to every Midlands Expo ever since it started.

The international Centre is small compared to London's Excel centre, so it should be easy finding each other. We could meet at the entrance of the International Centre because we have to pass through there in order to get into the Expo, so no one can miss it :D

Also what time will the photoshoot take place?
I prefer not too late because I want to get changed into my Wedding Ashe cosplay for the masqeraude. I think somewhere around 12-1:30pm is a time which I prefer, what about everyone else?
Strawberry

Postby mogwai k on Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:08 pm

i dont mind what time, as long as it wont interfere with the masquerade do you know what time it will be??
mogwai k

Postby Strawberry on Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:26 pm

The masqeraude is usually starts around 2 hours before the Expo closes. I think last year the masqeraude was at 3pm and all the enteries must meet up at 2:30pm (Not 100% sure because I have a really bad memory)

Shall we say the photoshoot will be at 1:00pm at the International Centre entrance? that will give us approximately 1 hour and a half to get our photos done which is enough time as I doubt it will run over an hour.

If anyone wants to push the time any earlier, then I will be okay with this as I will be arriving at 9:30am and be free until the masq, but I want to give time for the people who live far to arrive, so I prefer no earlier then 11am
Strawberry

Postby mogwai k on Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:10 pm

i really dont mind what time im hoping to get there by 10 at the latest. i thought that you wanted to get changed into your other cosplay
mogwai k

Postby Strawberry on Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:20 pm

Yes, I did wanted to get changed into my other cosplay. I did estimate the photoshoot would be finished by 2pm, so that gives me half an hour to get changed.

However I now got bad news. I think there is an 80% chance I will drop out of this photoshoot :( The reason is because I don't think I will be able to finish my Sakura costume in time. Only got a week left and I still haven't made the pink dress & the problem is that not only did my sewing machine broke, but I'm working 40 hours next week, so I doubt I will have enough time to finish the costume. I really apologise for this and I feel so annoyed with myself because I missed my chance of getting pics with some clow card cosplayers :(
Strawberry

Postby mogwai k on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:08 pm

bummer....well if you change your mind let us know :)
mogwai k

Sorry i didnt make it

Postby mogwai k on Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:50 pm

Sorry i didnt make it guys, i had a car accident on the motorway this morning on my way to the expo :( i will have to save my clow card cosplays for October instead.
mogwai k

Return to General Chat