Sailor Mars crossplay

Midlands MCM Expo 2008 event date will be announced, in the mean time why not discuss it here!

Sailor Mars crossplay

Postby Ranma 1-2 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:03 am

MrsChumphy wrote:=O I didn't see you as Sailor Mars!! Or if I did I was totally fooled XD Damn.
No, Mankura was a guy called CrystalRose on here (he's never on now tho), he only ever does crossplay (except for one time when he was Suit!Sasuke) and he's earned himself a bit of a...reputation :wink:

Plz put up pics of your ManMars!! I wanna seeee

**I didn't want to hijack Man-Misa's thread, so here in answer to your request is my Sailor Mars crossplay...**

I am still gathering pictures taken at the show. So far I only have one which was taken right at the end just after the masquerade. Lighting inside was not good for taking pictures, they came out orange for some reason
But there are some clearer pictures I did at home, they are in my gallery http://www.cosplay.com/costume/174284/

This was my first crossplay (and cosplay) event. It was reeeealy scary changing in the gents and walking out into the show wearing high heels. I was quite nervous because I didnt know how my crossplay was going to go down. I noticed lots of people looking at me but I have no idea what they were thinking, good or bad.
So I'd be interested to hear any opinions form people who saw me on Saturday... and if anybody has pics they took I'd love to see em..
Last edited by Ranma 1-2 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ranma 1-2

Re: Sailor Mars crossplay

Postby Nocturne Rose on Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:23 pm

Ahoy hoy, thought you were going but must have left before you arrived :( , knew I should have stuck around longer !!!
Nocturne Rose

Postby Ranma 1-2 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:36 pm

I got there about 12:00 and then dissapeared into the loo for an eternity.. I actually finished up sewing up the hem of the skirt first because I hadn't had time to finish at home so I took a needle and thread with me. Then there was the makeuop to put on.. I may have been in there for about an hour "changing" ^^D One guy even asked if I was alright in there, I'm not sure if he was security. So by the time I actually stepped out it was more like 13:00 then I met up with the friends who I came with and we went to sit in the dining area to have some lunch, then we sauntered over to the masquerade area to grab some seats before the competition started. Then twatching the comp more or less took us up to the end. The afternoon went quite fast.
What time did you leave?
Ranma 1-2

Postby Nocturne Rose on Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:54 pm

Gone before you even arrived :( I could only get there for about the first hour so was gone by about half ten unfortunately (international centre is about a ten monute drive from where I live so pretty much on the doorstep), didn't plan on going until too late so had other things to do but wanted to go along anyways to check it out, as soon as the dates are announced for the next one I'll commit the whole day. Hopefully I'll catch you then so I can harass you in person for a change :)
Nocturne Rose

Postby ToroSonyCat on Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:21 pm

Great crossplay!

Unless you had told me then i wouldnt have noticed you where crossplaying. Well not for a while anyway. Then after a while id go "wait, that aint a woman.."

:lol: I thought man-misa was female too. I suck at telling genders X3

:oops:
ToroSonyCat

Postby Ranma 1-2 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:29 pm

Nocturne Rose wrote:Gone before you even arrived :( I could only get there for about the first hour so was gone by about half ten unfortunately (international centre is about a ten monute drive from where I live so pretty much on the doorstep), didn't plan on going until too late so had other things to do but wanted to go along anyways to check it out, as soon as the dates are announced for the next one I'll commit the whole day. Hopefully I'll catch you then so I can harass you in person for a change :)

Oh. That is early. I'm not just saying this, but in the afternoon when the masquerade competiton started there was such an awesome vibe in the place. Cosplayers rocked the venue. There was so much energy and fun going on there..you really missed the absolute best bit, it was like the whole day was leading up to this peak of excitement. You must stay for the masquerade next time.. 8)
Ranma 1-2

Postby Ranma 1-2 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:32 pm

ToroSonyCat wrote:Great crossplay!

Unless you had told me then i wouldnt have noticed you where crossplaying. Well not for a while anyway. Then after a while id go "wait, that aint a woman.."

So obviously you weren't uncomfrtable with my crossplay then, that's good to hear. ^^)
Thanks ToroSonyCat.
Ranma 1-2

Postby ToroSonyCat on Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:58 pm

Ranma 1-2 wrote:
ToroSonyCat wrote:Great crossplay!

So obviously you weren't uncomfrtable with my crossplay then, that's good to hear. ^^)
Thanks ToroSonyCat.

Naw! I think crossplay is great!

^_^ Expecially yours, its a great costume!
ToroSonyCat

Postby Manga Girl on Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:58 pm

Thats a fantastic crossplay! Are you going to the Expo next month? :D
Manga Girl

Postby Ranma 1-2 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:04 pm

ToroSonyCat wrote: Naw! I think crossplay is great!

^_^ Expecially yours, its a great costume!

Thank youuuu. ^^)
Ranma 1-2

Postby Ranma 1-2 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:06 pm

Manga Girl wrote:Thats a fantastic crossplay! Are you going to the Expo next month? :D

Yup. Thinking of having a go at the masquerade comp too. I will be there on Saturday cosplaying Mars again.
Ranma 1-2

Postby Manga Girl on Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:07 pm

Ranma 1-2 wrote:
Manga Girl wrote:Thats a fantastic crossplay! Are you going to the Expo next month? :D

Yup. Thinking of having a go at the masquerade comp too. I will be there on Saturday cosplaying Mars again.

Yay! I'm grabbing you for a few photos :D
Manga Girl

Return to General Chat