Glompers and free huggers

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Re: Glompers and free huggers

Postby CrimsonGaara on Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:35 pm

ruka wrote:It's one of those things that you get too lazy to fight anymore.
at the start I wasn't letting people hug me, and then I just gave up.

:lol:

Yeah, I know all to well what you're talking about, too many people ask for a hug, it's just too much trouble to say 'no' each time, considering that some of them are really persistant. :lol:
CrimsonGaara

Postby Leonie Heartilly on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:02 pm

I've been put off it since my first expo last year when this creepy guy wouldn't take no for an answer so decided to actually force himself on me. Naturally I screamed and ran away.
Total un-wanted invasion of my personal space. I clearly said no more than once. I think that can be counted as a form of assault or something can't it?
Leonie Heartilly

Postby CrimsonGaara on Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:45 pm

I believe you could get him into trouble with the police, yes.
That's unwanted physical contact.
CrimsonGaara

Postby kagemaru on Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:47 pm

Leonie Heartilly wrote:I think that can be counted as a form of assault or something can't it?

Yes, that's right. Unwanted bodily contact like that could be charged as a felony.

Edit: Ninja'd by CrimsonGaara. XD
Hikari ni nareeee~! *smacks you with a toy hammer*
kagemaru

Postby CrimsonGaara on Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:56 pm

*Bows* :lol:
CrimsonGaara

Postby sjbonnar on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:24 pm

It would officially be an Assualt and Battery.

Assault due to the fear of imminent unlawful contact with the body or clothes.
Battery due to the actual touching itself.

Neither of which are actually defined by statute.

Damn, my law degree actually did sink in o_O
sjbonnar

Postby Leonie Heartilly on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:29 pm

*shakes fist* Damn you creepy guy! If you ever darken my pathway again I'll get you cautioned.
Leonie Heartilly

Postby sjbonnar on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:40 pm

Leonie Heartilly wrote:*shakes fist* Damn you creepy guy! If you ever darken my pathway again I'll get you cautioned.

You can damn well get him arrested for such a thing! Technically an unwanted surprise hug would count, but the fact that you told him no several times before hand shows that there was fear and also malice aforethought on his part.

(shut up Sean ¬_¬ LOL)
sjbonnar

Postby ShurikenFire on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:45 pm

sjbonnar wrote:
Leonie Heartilly wrote:*shakes fist* Damn you creepy guy! If you ever darken my pathway again I'll get you cautioned.

You can damn well get him arrested for such a thing! Technically an unwanted surprise hug would count, but the fact that you told him no several times before hand shows that there was fear and also malice aforethought on his part.

(shut up Sean ¬_¬ LOL)

Sean, i shall call on you if i need a lawyer, i think carrying a sword around ready to lash out at invading free huggers may get me put in court!
Image Lil Rick.
ShurikenFire

Postby Anne Drogenous on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:49 pm

ShurikenFire wrote:
sjbonnar wrote:

(shut up Sean ¬_¬ LOL)

Sean, i shall call on you if i need a lawyer, i think carrying a sword around ready to lash out at invading free huggers may get me put in court!

Yeah, the amount of times me and John went off to 'rape some people' was incomparable on the Sunday. I think I may need Sean aswell.
Maan, he's going to have his next few years of life sorted off just the Expo lawsuits. xD

"He touched me innapropriately!"
"He stabbed me with a wodden sword!"
"I got concussion as he attacked me!"
"The sight of a half-naked man dressed as a woman mentally scarred my child! Now he likes men!"
I can see things going oh-so terribly down the drain.
D: xD
Anne Drogenous

Postby kyothekat on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:52 pm

sjbonnar wrote:

(shut up Sean ¬_¬ LOL)

get sean and his law suit lol...... dude if he had done that to me i woulda just smaked him one... i did punch one guy in the night... i was walkin back to hotel wiv bessie mate n this dude randomly jumped out n hugged me.... my instinct was to do a throw on him but he stepped back.. so i just landed him a punch to the gut... he then said sorry so many times whilst i laughed... i wasnt in cosplay god damn it.. i thought he was gonna do summin to me lol....
my friend wass so shocked i had punched the guy i had to physically pull him to the lift lol
~KpopKimi~
kyothekat

Postby fia_x on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:05 am

Anne Drogenous wrote:
ShurikenFire wrote:
sjbonnar wrote:

(shut up Sean ¬_¬ LOL)

Yeah, the amount of times me and John went off to 'rape some people' was incomparable on the Sunday. I think I may need Sean aswell.
Maan, he's going to have his next few years of life sorted off just the Expo lawsuits. xD

"He touched me innapropriately!"
"He stabbed me with a wodden sword!"
"I got concussion as he attacked me!"
"The sight of a half-naked man dressed as a woman mentally scarred my child! Now he likes men!"
I can see things going oh-so terribly down the drain.
D: xD

I lol'd.
Really hard, at that last one especially.
fia_x

Postby ruka on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:12 am

just point to me, explain that I'm in town to kick . and chew gum, and I'm all out of gum.
and I need someones . to kick.

will trade pocky for gum?

I NEED SOME GUM

please? :(
ruka

Postby Leonie Heartilly on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:02 am

sjbonnar wrote:

(shut up Sean ¬_¬ LOL)

He made me run away and I bumped into a stall :cry:
Leonie Heartilly

Postby Floof on Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:32 am

Leonie Heartilly wrote:I've been put off it since my first expo last year when this creepy guy wouldn't take no for an answer so decided to actually force himself on me. Naturally I screamed and ran away.
Total un-wanted invasion of my personal space. I clearly said no more than once. I think that can be counted as a form of assault or something can't it?

DEFINATE sexual harassment.
ruka wrote:just point to me, explain that I'm in town to kick . and chew gum, and I'm all out of gum.
and I need someones . to kick.

will trade pocky for gum?

I NEED SOME GUM

please? :(

A gum-operated boy. ^o^

**inserts gum**

Go now, get to bum kicking.
ಠ_ಠ

Floof

Postby yukiookami on Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:13 pm

I remember in October I was cosplaying Kyuubi from Naruto and got glomped by a bunch of people. I was sitting with my group as I got hot, and suddenly some guys decided to launch themselves at me. The muzzle and ears were bent out of shape, but I managed to get them straight again.
What was worse was that they simply walked away afterwards without even checking I was okay. It had been hard breathing in the costume beforehand, let alone with three guys bundling me. Luckily that's the worst I've had, most people actually did bother to ask permission before hugging me.
I myself hug people, but I always ask beforehand, and I know that no means no.
I've told all my friends this time only to let people who ask hug me, as I'll be in a Wolf Link quad suit (4 legs) so I can't really do much in terms of defending myself D:
Maybe I'll just bite them :3
Woo :D
yukiookami

Previous

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - OCTOBER 2008