Londoners?

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Londoners?

Postby cyborg2000x0 on Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:14 pm

I would like to hear about any London cosplayers that are going to attend Octobers Expo, share the love, and show everyone the host city's spirit :). More specifically I'm from the East end of London and I've honestly never seen or heard of anyone who has gone in cosplay. I feel all alone here :( . So tell me if anyone of you are from London and are going to Cosplay this year.

P.S. This year I'll be attending the Expo as Tobi from Naruto, and I've already created a mask but it's made out of paper mashe (sp?). It looks ok but its very bumpy and rough, so does anyone have any idea how I can make the mask smooth? :? Thanks.
Saturday - Akatsuki Tobi (Naruto)
cyborg2000x0

Re: Londoners?

Postby Chariflame on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:27 pm

Most people who attend are actually in London or nearby. I'm in North London myself.

For the mask, the best thing to do without making a new one is get some non-quilted toilet roll or newspaper, and very lightly coat some sheets in watered down PVA glue and layer them on. You should get a smoother finish that way, but you would have to re-paint it.
Chariflame

Postby Vampire_Ryosuke on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:51 pm

I went to my first London Expo in 2006 and I'm a North Londoner ^o^
And everytime I've gone, I've been cosplaying too :)
Hope to see you at Expo!

Hmmm maybe build up a few more layers on the papier mache so it's sturdy enough to lightly sand down?
Vampire_Ryosuke

Postby MrsLovett on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:46 pm

I don't live IN London, but I can get there in about 15 minutes on the train from where I live. ^-^
MrsLovett

Postby cyborg2000x0 on Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:20 pm

Wow! I didn't know so many cosplayers were from London, I kinda assumed that most were from elsewhere, but thats probably because I don't personally know anybody else who cosplays. I do have a group of friends who always attend the expo annually with me none of them have cosplayed yet :(. But that will change shortly :wink: . It's great to know there are others out there but I would also like to know if anyone from the east end will be doing it?
cyborg2000x0

Postby UltimatePoakage on Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:50 pm

wooooooooooooooooooooo south east london...lewishamm wooooooooooo dragonball z cosplay woooooooooooooo
UltimatePoakage

Postby Mizuyah on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:33 pm

South London, over here!
I've cosplayed twice before, but managed to attend a con at least once a year for the past two years. I try to cosplay when I can. Will be cosplaying this year too. ^_^
May 09 Cosplay; N/A
October 09 Cosplay: Sister Miyako [Kannazuki no Miko]
Mizuyah

Postby FuriePhoenix on Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:25 pm

South east london here. dull ol' beckenham. And very a loner. and all my mates arent into this stuff... apart from one.. she attends expos.. but not into the whole cosplay thing.
FRI:KatVonD SAT:Kida SUN:Vidia
FuriePhoenix

Postby sjbonnar on Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:49 pm

I'm from the South-East, Peckham to be exact but I've lived in Lewisham, Catford and New Cross too.

I also went to school near Beckenham/Bellingham area!

I've been cosplaying for a few years now and it's always awkward moving through the east/south-east of London in costume LOL

(Moving as it's more of a general thing than a pure cosplay thing)
sjbonnar

Postby FuriePhoenix on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:08 pm

Ive only ever gone in costume when i went as Tifa from AC on an expo i didnt work with tokyopop at. lol. Most of them now ive gone premier inn to expo to premier inn to expo and back home in normal clothes... this time im DETERMINED to go home in yuna cosplay. jsut for the laugh on the tube.
FuriePhoenix

Postby cyborg2000x0 on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:57 pm

sjbonnar wrote:I've been cosplaying for a few years now and it's always awkward moving through the east/south-east of London in costume LOL

That couldn't be more true where live, I live in east/north-east London borough of Waltham Forest, more specifically in Leyton. People in my area just aren't used to seeing someone walking around in full costume in public, but its still fun seeing how they react to it. :lol:
cyborg2000x0

Postby fia_x on Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:10 pm

Mizuyah wrote:South London, over here!
I've cosplayed twice before, but managed to attend a con at least once a year for the past two years. I try to cosplay when I can. Will be cosplaying this year too. ^_^

flkjgkret
IM FROM SOUTH LONDON! O: Whereabouts!?
Wow. So many south londoners ;o
Clapham here 8D xD
fia_x

Postby ukotaku on Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:23 am

Im from South London -__-, well i live near Camberwell Green which is a boring area >_>

Im cosplaying as Lelouch from code Geass in October :P
Saturday: Yumasaki Walker-Durarara!!
Sunday: Orihara Izaya-Durarara!!
ukotaku

Postby sjbonnar on Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:42 pm

ukotaku wrote:Im from South London -__-, well i live near Camberwell Green which is a boring area >_>

You're in Camberwell? o_O I'm in Peckham! I thought NO-ONE around here cosplays! To go out in costume is to get stabbed LOL
sjbonnar

Postby ukotaku on Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:27 am

O_o! wow we are neighbours xDDD. Rofl yea if u ever cosplay outside. it just attracts chavs to beat the . out of you >_>

Do u mind if i add you on DA or facebook?

sjbonnar wrote:
ukotaku wrote:Im from South London -__-, well i live near Camberwell Green which is a boring area >_>

You're in Camberwell? o_O I'm in Peckham! I thought NO-ONE around here cosplays! To go out in costume is to get stabbed LOL
Saturday: Yumasaki Walker-Durarara!!
Sunday: Orihara Izaya-Durarara!!
ukotaku

Postby rockangel005 on Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:54 pm

FuriePhoenix wrote:South east london here. dull ol' beckenham. And very a loner. and all my mates arent into this stuff... apart from one.. she attends expos.. but not into the whole cosplay thing.

I couldn't relate more, my friend's into it more than I am... but we're both pretty dedicated, and we're forever trying to find more people. :lol:

cyborg2000x0 wrote:
sjbonnar wrote:I've been cosplaying for a few years now and it's always awkward moving through the east/south-east of London in costume LOL

That couldn't be more true where live, I live in east/north-east London borough of Waltham Forest, more specifically in Leyton. People in my area just aren't used to seeing someone walking around in full costume in public, but its still fun seeing how they react to it. :lol:

Yeah, to get to my train station I have to walk past this horrible area...
rockangel005

Postby FuriePhoenix on Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:59 pm

in my area to get to either of two stations you have to walk past dozens of chavvy middle aged building contrusction site workers who thinks theyre sooooo sexy when they have their hairy butts out on show. lol. and you get the high school chavs walking about with their dogs to give them an ego boost because their all mouth and no action. so i know exactly what its like.
FuriePhoenix

Postby fia_x on Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:47 pm

sjbonnar wrote:

That's exactly what I thought O_O
fia_x

Postby Manga Girl on Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:22 pm

I'm from South East London in Crystal Palace which is about 20 mins away from Bromley, Beckenham, Croydon, Peckham, Catford, & Lewisham (from what I know of) :D
Manga Girl

Postby FuriePhoenix on Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:23 pm

Manga Girl wrote:I'm from South East London in Crystal Palace which is about 20 mins away from Bromley, Beckenham, Croydon, Peckham, Catford, & Lewisham (from what I know of) :D

yeah it is! 227 bus ride away lol,. like ten minutes from beckenham depending on traffic jams. lol
FuriePhoenix

Postby jam on Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:16 pm

I dunno if I consider myself a cosplayer yet seeing as it's more of a one off thing for me, but I live in west end london...
jam

Postby Floof on Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:38 pm

cyborg2000x0 wrote:
That couldn't be more true where live, I live in east/north-east London borough of Waltham Forest, more specifically in Leyton. People in my area just aren't used to seeing someone walking around in full costume in public

That's so true dude -_-; I'm from East london. I ACTUALLY live 20 mins away from the Excel centre. RESULT! But East London just has no flair at all. So yeah, i'd like to see how the locals react to my Ganguro schoolgirl cosplay XD
ಠ_ಠ

Floof

Postby sjbonnar on Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:38 am

FuriePhoenix wrote:
Manga Girl wrote:I'm from South East London in Crystal Palace which is about 20 mins away from Bromley, Beckenham, Croydon, Peckham, Catford, & Lewisham (from what I know of) :D

yeah it is! 227 bus ride away lol,. like ten minutes from beckenham depending on traffic jams. lol

I lived up near Grove Park before when I was in Catford...Near Hither Green Cemetary LOL

Ukotaku: Of course you can add me ^_^ I can't believe we live so close O_O
sjbonnar

Postby masaki100 on Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:10 pm

ahhh im surprised by amount of londoners tooo.
i live next to leyton xD in walthamstow.
going this time as afro samurai =P
masaki100

Postby Noire on Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:07 pm

I knew plenty of Londoners went but I didnt know so many were cosplayers too ^__^
I'm from S.E London (Greenwich) but go college at LSC and I dont know anyone in either area who cosplays.
See you all at expo =D
Noire

Next

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - OCTOBER 2008