Herts area?

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Re: Herts area?

Postby Crome on Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:43 pm

Dr Jackstraw wrote:
Wildeth wrote:
So, how is everyone's costumes coming? x3

Well, I have a sack large enough to cover my head! Now I just need to do some heavy altering to it. Maybe I'll get a deodarant can and decorate it to look like a canister of fear gas. Y'know, just so I have a prop.

Don't spray anyone with it! xD Unless its one of the more sweaty free huggers in which case spray away. =P
Crome

Postby Dr Jackstraw on Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:45 pm

Crome wrote:
Dr Jackstraw wrote:
Wildeth wrote:
So, how is everyone's costumes coming? x3

Well, I have a sack large enough to cover my head! Now I just need to do some heavy altering to it. Maybe I'll get a deodarant can and decorate it to look like a canister of fear gas. Y'know, just so I have a prop.

Don't spray anyone with it! xD Unless its one of the more sweaty free huggers in which case spray away. =P

Haha, if that happens I might just have to go into character and hope they get frightened off!
They Scream and they cry. Much like you're doing now.
Dr Jackstraw

Postby Crome on Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:47 pm

Dr Jackstraw wrote:Haha, if that happens I might just have to go into character and hope they get frightened off

If you can do the character well that scare everyone.. Personally I thought he was the only good aspect of the first movie =P Still if I see you there I look forward to seeing how you did on making the mask/sack that thing is fearsome xD
Crome

Postby Dr Jackstraw on Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:09 pm

Crome wrote:
Dr Jackstraw wrote:Haha, if that happens I might just have to go into character and hope they get frightened off

If you can do the character well that scare everyone.. Personally I thought he was the only good aspect of the first movie =P Still if I see you there I look forward to seeing how you did on making the mask/sack that thing is fearsome xD

Aww, c'mon, that movie was better than the ones made in the 90s! Although you're right, Scarecrow WAS the best thing. Too bad he was so underused.

Heh, I'm gonna do ALOT of stitching on the sack! Otherwise it won't look scary, just...well, silly. I think thats why Scarecrow is so underused in the comics, its hard to make a guy in a straw suit scary.
Dr Jackstraw

Postby Wildeth on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:00 am

I'm sure I'll be able to see you at some point, Mr Jackstraw!
May 2010

Sat Akira Kogami (Lucky Star)
Sun Finnian (Kuroshitsuji)
Wildeth

Postby Sachi-chan on Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:19 am

Are you going both days or just one?
Im going both so im sure i can meet up with some of you there for a little while! It'll be cool to meet some people form around here ^w^
Sachi-chan

Postby Crome on Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:05 am

Dr Jackstraw wrote:
Crome wrote:

Aww, c'mon, that movie was better than the ones made in the 90s! Although you're right, Scarecrow WAS the best thing. Too bad he was so underused.

Heh, I'm gonna do ALOT of stitching on the sack! Otherwise it won't look scary, just...well, silly. I think thats why Scarecrow is so underused in the comics, its hard to make a guy in a straw suit scary.

Underused would be an understatement when it comes to his role in The Dark Knight xD He had... 3 Lines =P, which is really a shame because the actor who plays him really does it well and he could have been worked in to that film rather well. The Batman voice just kills the two new movies for the most part (whenever Batman talks basically =P)
Crome

Postby Wildeth on Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:30 pm

I'm coming both days =D
May 2010

Wildeth

Postby Dr Jackstraw on Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:41 pm

I'll likely be attending both days as well. I'm worried that if I only attend one I'll regret not going to the other!
Dr Jackstraw

Postby roguearcanis on Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:53 pm

Herts gal over here. Depending on funding and music lesson arrangements, I might be travelling from Potters Bar. So that's bus, tube, DLR. Hopefully it shouldn't take too long, the bus I need to take is rather unreliable on the weekends xP But as I say, this is only a maybe atm. Might otherwise be travelling from Uni. Sussex, so mawr travel time xP

I'm thinking of travelling in costume as well, means less to carry. But my costume is kinda easy to wear out, just black jeans, khaki shirt and combat boots (Jenny from Doctor Who :D). I'm probably picking up my weapon(s) at the expo.
Last edited by roguearcanis on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gwen Cooper ~ teamTARDIS (RTD Approved: 10/10/2008)
http://www.teamtardis.deviantart.com
roguearcanis

Postby Wildeth on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:10 pm

Hi Rogue! ^^ Nice cosplay, I'll look out for you. x)
May 2010

Wildeth

Postby Dr Jackstraw on Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:50 pm

roguearcanis wrote:Herts gal over here. Depending on funding and music lesson arrangements, I might be travelling from Potters Bar. So that's bus, tube, DLR. Hopefully it shouldn't take too long, the bus I need to take is rather unreliable on the weekends xP But as I say, this is only a maybe atm. Might otherwise be travelling from Uni. Sussex, so mawr travel time xP

I'm thinking of travelling in costume as well, means less to carry. But my costume is kinda easy to wear out, just black jeans, khaki shirt and combat boots (Jenny from Doctor Who :D). I'm probably picking up my weapon(s) at the expo.

Doctor Who cosplay = AWESOME
Dr Jackstraw

Postby roguearcanis on Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:33 pm

Dr Jackstraw wrote:
roguearcanis wrote:Herts gal over here. Depending on funding and music lesson arrangements, I might be travelling from Potters Bar. So that's bus, tube, DLR. Hopefully it shouldn't take too long, the bus I need to take is rather unreliable on the weekends xP But as I say, this is only a maybe atm. Might otherwise be travelling from Uni. Sussex, so mawr travel time xP

Doctor Who cosplay = AWESOME

Indeed ^^ There'll be quite a few of us, especially on the Sunday :D
Gwen Cooper ~ teamTARDIS (RTD Approved: 10/10/2008)
http://www.teamtardis.deviantart.com
roguearcanis

Postby Wildeth on Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:02 pm

I'll look out for you all =]
May 2010

Wildeth

Postby nall on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:52 am

Dr Jackstraw wrote:I'm from the Watford area, and I'll be going up there by train. Its pretty straightforward once you get to the DLR line, the nearest station to Expo is on that line, and its literally a thirty second walk from there.

You win.
nall

Postby Rufus Kun on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:59 am

nall wrote:
Dr Jackstraw wrote:I'm from the Watford area, and I'll be going up there by train. Its pretty straightforward once you get to the DLR line, the nearest station to Expo is on that line, and its literally a thirty second walk from there.

You win.

somebody's ban time has ended....

:lol:
Rufus Kun

Postby nall on Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:52 pm

Rufus Kun wrote:
nall wrote:

You win.

somebody's ban time has ended....

:lol:
Yeah, i think it ended a few weeks ago but i only remembered about this site again today >>;
nall

Postby Shinji Ikari on Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:23 pm

Im just going to drive in my self
Shinji Ikari

Postby Free River on Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:34 pm

Shinji Ikari wrote:Im just going to drive in my self

Through London traffic? Good luck.
Free River

Postby Shinji Ikari on Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:36 pm

not if you go mid day on the friday its no problem iv done this run more times than I can count
Shinji Ikari

Postby nall on Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:38 pm

Free River wrote:
Shinji Ikari wrote:Im just going to drive in my self

Through London traffic? Good luck.
Eh, traffics not bad to the ExCel centre, last time I went past there though it was at about half 7 in the morning though so I dunno.

Time before lasts expo the roads were pretty empty though.
nall

Postby Shinji Ikari on Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:44 pm

nall where abouts in watford are you from?
Shinji Ikari

Postby nall on Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:52 pm

Saff Oxhay.
nall

Postby Shinji Ikari on Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 pm

arrh right are you driving in or train?
Shinji Ikari

Postby nall on Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:54 pm

Getting the train, easier to meet up with some freinds at waterloo or wherever and carry on from there ;D
nall

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - OCTOBER 2008