Tell that yaoi guy to stfu

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Tell that yaoi guy to stfu

Postby Mickolas on Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:24 pm

I dont know about you guys but he was doing my head in! why does he need to shout for? he has a sign to say what he was selling.

EDIT: I also hear he should of labed some of the stuff (or all) that he has 18+ stuff that was on his table! does this break the rules?

to be honnest I loved the guy that was nexted to him! he had all the wonderful touhou that I so needed! and they where ALL clean!
Mickolas

Re: Tell that yaoi guy to stfu

Postby Prize Gotti on Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:46 pm

I totally agree with you on Yaoi guy, I all ready made a post aswell.

But where did you find the clean doujins? All I found were Yaoi and Hentai, And It was the first stall I went to, and I got in at 9:05am. Also the Hentai guy didn't shout, but he tried to blag his way out of why it was so highly priced. I pay that in dollars on eBay, so he's making nearly double his money.
Prize Gotti

Postby shalala on Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:01 pm

the one thing that was annoying was the over priced doujinshi
shalala

Postby Prize Gotti on Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:01 pm

shalala wrote:the one thing that was annoying was the over priced doujinshi

Yeh the prices he was charging was the same as if you purchased it on eBay, even with EMS.
Prize Gotti

Postby Pem on Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:14 pm

I would actually have considered looking at that stall but the guy's ridiculous attitude put me off! >__>
October 2009:
{Saturday - Suki/ Avatar}
{Sunday - Angel/Fairy Tail}
Pem

Postby ShurikenFire on Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:32 pm

Was this 'Yaoi guy' some guy walking around with a sign or a stall manager?
Image Lil Rick.
ShurikenFire

Postby Mickolas on Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:47 pm

ShurikenFire wrote:Was this 'Yaoi guy' some guy walking around with a sign or a stall manager?

The stall manager sir
Mickolas

Postby Shirou-fangirl on Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:12 pm

Ooohh i remember him! >.<

He was shouting really loudly and he was selling Yaoi paddles too xD
Shirou-fangirl

Postby JaiNobeZ on Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:18 pm

...The paddles looked a weird shape...
JaiNobeZ

Postby Shirou-fangirl on Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:32 pm

Agreed...they look like a big wooden spoon xD
Shirou-fangirl

Postby Kawatan on Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:57 pm

I recall he was shouting something about "Hit your neighbors too".
Kawatan

Postby Adziu on Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:51 am

Can't stop a man's hustle or banter, if that's how he thinks he'll sell his wares. The best way of showing him it doesn't work is not to buy anything. Or, y'know, telling him what you think directly.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby Wildeth on Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:10 am

Is he gonna be there today? =/
May 2010

Sat Akira Kogami (Lucky Star)
Sun Finnian (Kuroshitsuji)
Wildeth

Postby drakhenliche on Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:37 am

Mickolas wrote:I dont know about you guys but he was doing my head in! why does he need to shout for? he has a sign to say what he was selling.

Have a pity for us traders on tables near 'em :lol: I'm 2 down... but I guess being constantly exposed to it meant I kinda phased him out after a while ;)
drakhenliche

Postby HarpieSuki on Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:44 am

That guy was awesome.
HarpieSuki

Postby Leonie Heartilly on Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:24 pm

To be honest I think a formal complaint should be made and I'm sorry I didn't go speak to an Expo staff member myself today. I'm 20 and therefore more than old enough to hear what he's shouting and I do enjoy a bit of hentai now and then. But him shouting "BOY SEX! ANAL STRETCHING! INCEST!" just put me right off and I left the stall. The expo is an all ages event, children are in the hall and they don't need to hear that then ask mummy what the loud man is talking about. Even if you are old enough it's something that can offend and I actually felt embarrassed to be seen at that stall, I want my sexual-related shopping to be discreet thanks.

Also I bet half the people buying from that stall weren't even 18.
Leonie Heartilly

Postby Gandalf_LostTheGame on Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:44 pm

Yeah I agree he was far to outgoing in his sales methods.
And I think you raised a good point leonie about the content of what he was yelling and what the others were saying about the pricing of his wares as well.
What was it for the Yaoi paddle? £30-£40? For a piece of sanded and vanished wood with Yaoi written on it... What's that? tenner at the most from B&Q?
I was also one of the first in there and my friend (who loves yaoi)
ran over there straight away and started to browse etc etc, in the mean time the guy had taken it upon himself in his sales effort to point the paddle at me, stand on the chair and yell "You need some Yaoi don't you. Some . Stretching, butt loving Yaoi"
My reaction (as having 3 hours sleep) was
"No get away -.-" and a scurrying walk off while trying to figure out which weapon from the swords stall further down would result in the quickest and most painful method possible of shutting him the hell up -.-

Yes I understand that people do like Hentai and that having be sold there for the first time was something big, however some of the material on the stall was 18+ while other parts of it weren't. My friend who did buy a yaoi for £15 was then upset to find out that it was a tonhou and was majorly dissapointed (she's weird).

As for the formal complaint I don't think a lot would of been done about it if only one person had complained about it, but I think if enough us make valid points on this subject then the course of his selling might change if attends a future expo (don't see why he wouldn't probably just earned a whole year of living)
Started attending Expo's: October 2005
Expo's attended: 10
Times Cosplayed: 0
Gandalf_LostTheGame

Postby Yatak on Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Leonie Heartilly wrote: "BOY SEX! ANAL STRETCHING! INCEST!" .

Wow... i didn't hear him say that, although i didnt actually look at the stall itself.

I just feel sorry for the people working in the stalls near him (some were actually shouting 'shut up' back but that just spurred him on >.>)
Yatak

Postby Jenna-x on Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:52 pm

"No get away -.-" and a scurrying walk off while trying to figure out which weapon from the swords stall further down would result in the quickest and most painful method possible of shutting him the hell up -.-

LMAO. Perhaps that would have been a good outcome at the time... >.> Especially if he was yelling... uh... stuff at people

I found it funny on Saturday, just because they were walking round yelling and I said to my friend I wonder what that's about', walked over to their group and just said 'Ah, it's the yaoi lovers'. :P
Jenna-x

Postby Gandalf_LostTheGame on Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:56 pm

Jenna-x wrote:

LMAO. Perhaps that would have been a good outcome at the time... >.> Especially if he was yelling... uh... stuff at people

I found it funny on Saturday, just because they were walking round yelling and I said to my friend I wonder what that's about', walked over to their group and just said 'Ah, it's the yaoi lovers'. :P

I've just come to the conclusion from my weekend drained expo body that, that man was an omnisexual(pansexual)

But his voice was so aggrivating... It could be heard on the other side of the expo in the DDR section WITH all of those games going off as well. Especially with the explicit yelling it's not something that people want to be able to hear
Gandalf_LostTheGame

Postby Jenna-x on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:00 am

Ugh, no. It's just indecent to be yelling that sort of thing. Especially if you have an abnormally loud voice. I could hear him before the entrance O_O

I think I tuned him out in the end.

hahaha I like that theory though :lol:
Jenna-x

Postby Gandalf_LostTheGame on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:05 am

Jenna-x wrote:Ugh, no. It's just indecent to be yelling that sort of thing. Especially if you have an abnormally loud voice. I could hear him before the entrance O_O

I think I tuned him out in the end.

hahaha I like that theory though :lol:

Yeah after a while he did kind of drown out (well on the saturday at least) by the mass screaming and other various background expo noise.
And I think he sort of gave up from throat pain on the sunday. Although I did hear him a few times, but luckily he wasn't as loud as the saturday which unfortunately was the day when more people there.
Gandalf_LostTheGame

Postby CalfLove on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:17 am

I have to agree here. I love a bit if silliness and I'm by far no prude, but there was a lot of kids around that were definitely under the age of consent and much younger. It's a bit unnecessary to be shouting the stuff he was knowing full well there was quiet young kids walking around the Expo aswell. I saw a few parents with their kids try to bypass the guy as quickly as possible with their kids to avoid them hearing anything D;

Does anyone else think generally, the majority of merchandise at Expo was extremely overpriced anyway?! Me and my friends found it was, some places more than others. Some plushes you can buy on the character homepages for less than what some stalls were selling them for, even with postage.

Some were better though..two lovely girls at a stall..I think the One Stop Otaku Shop, their stuff was great prices and I got a Toro [Doko demo Issyo] plush of considerable size at a really good price [£12] whereas other stall holders were selling Toro plushes of the same size for a lot more [£22-£25]!
CalfLove

Postby Yatak on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:21 am

CalfLove wrote:I have to agree here. I love a bit if silliness and I'm by far no prude, but there was a lot of kids around that were definitely under the age of consent and much younger. It's a bit unnecessary to be shouting the stuff he was knowing full well there was quiet young kids walking around the Expo aswell. I saw a few parents with their kids try to bypass the guy as quickly as possible with their kids to avoid them hearing anything D;

Does anyone else think generally, the majority of merchandise at Expo was extremely overpriced anyway?! Me and my friends found it was, some places more than others. Some plushes you can buy on the character homepages for less than what some stalls were selling them for, even with postage.

Some were better though..two lovely girls at a stall..I think the One Stop Otaku Shop, their stuff was great prices and I got a Toro [Doko demo Issyo] plush of considerable size at a really good price [£12] whereas other stall holders were selling Toro plushes of the same size for a lot more [£22-£25]!

Yeah some items were extremely highly priced (imo anyway), but then again other things really suprised me on how cheap they were, My friend bought a sword (that i guestimated at about 125-150£) for only £25, it was a reallllly nice sword too.
Yatak

Postby Gandalf_LostTheGame on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:25 am

its all a matter of fact of shopping around, no different to the high street really I guess.
For example
you could go to one of the big manga stalls and pay 5.50 each for 3 manga of TokyoPop when you first get in so you make sure you dont miss out. Or you shop around a bit and would stumble across the TokyoPop stand which offer 2 for 1 I believe?

Or just wait out on the sunday when prices tend to drop like on the tokyotoys stand they had 10% off everything (except sweets) which was a pretty good deal in itself.

Although I must say the thing that I have noticed to be most over priced is the pocky from what people say.

What are the odds of this guy being at May expo? (or any others in the upcoming year...)
Gandalf_LostTheGame

Next

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - OCTOBER 2008