Tell that yaoi guy to stfu

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Re: Tell that yaoi guy to stfu

Postby Leonie Heartilly on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:28 am

On the pricing issue it's a case of convenience. They know that for some people the sort of merchandise they sell can be hard to come by (aka unless you live in London or shop online you won't find it on your local high street) so therefore they know there's gonna be tons of people wanting to buy stuff so prices are boosted as they can get away with it.

It's like flower shops next to cemetaries or the little shops in train stations. They all boost prices as customers are guarenteed due to convenience.
Leonie Heartilly

Postby Yatak on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:35 am

Leonie Heartilly wrote:On the pricing issue it's a case of convenience. They know that for some people the sort of merchandise they sell can be hard to come by (aka unless you live in London or shop online you won't find it on your local high street) so therefore they know there's gonna be tons of people wanting to buy stuff so prices are boosted as they can get away with it.

It's like flower shops next to cemetaries or the little shops in train stations. They all boost prices as customers are guarenteed due to convenience.

And the exact same is said for the food and drink, people will pay the hideous prices because its either that or a 10 minute walk to the nearest (cheaper) store. Damn businesses! grrrr.
Yatak

Postby rizkain on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:43 am

Yatak wrote:
Leonie Heartilly wrote:On the pricing issue it's a case of convenience. They know that for some people the sort of merchandise they sell can be hard to come by (aka unless you live in London or shop online you won't find it on your local high street) so therefore they know there's gonna be tons of people wanting to buy stuff so prices are boosted as they can get away with it.

And the exact same is said for the food and drink, people will pay the hideous prices because its either that or a 10 minute walk to the nearest (cheaper) store. Damn businesses! grrrr.

hey those chicken strippers were nice though :)
rizkain

Postby Yatak on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:59 am

rizkain wrote:
Yatak wrote:

hey those chicken strippers were nice though :)

Until you sloshed mayo all over them T.T
Yatak

Postby rizkain on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:06 am

Yatak wrote:
rizkain wrote:
Yatak wrote:hey those chicken strippers were nice though :)

Until you sloshed mayo all over them T.T

welll....least i didnt cover every tomato in the yummy mayo-ness
rizkain

Postby CalfLove on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:05 am

You're very right there. The train stations around here charge around £1.30 for a bottle of coke whereas walk across the road to OneStop and it's 90p for the same thing.

Oh well, I am such a Scrooge that it bothered me more than most XD Altho' I do agree big time that Pocky was very overpriced. BUT, the pack a stall was selling with six boxes of Pocky, Hi-chews and dolly mixtures for a tenner was good value.
CalfLove

Postby Gandalf_LostTheGame on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:29 am

millenia wrote:I thought it was hilarious at first... then it got annoying... especially when I saw young kids nearby :shock:
Then he shortchanged my friend when she bought stuff, and the stuff she bought was not even proper yaoi (no action, it was soft eyecandy at best), despite the fact he had claimed it was 'hot'. We were a bit disappointed.

yeah my friend got that problem as well.
So this guy so far we have come to the conclusion:
Can't do maths as he shortchanges people
Does False Advertising
Annoys the hell out of people going around
Uses explicit nature in his sales pitch despite the fact of minors being around (of which in the law there is a law of which no child under the age of ten is allowed to see a naked maniken so I have no idea what they would think of this guys sales pitch)
He's american too according to my friend o.o

anything else we can add to this list?
Started attending Expo's: October 2005
Expo's attended: 10
Times Cosplayed: 0
Gandalf_LostTheGame

Postby Floof on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:41 am

Nah, I think the "He's american" pretty much sums up most of the complaints.

=/

(XD xenophobic, much?)
ಠ_ಠ

Floof

Postby Jenna-x on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:04 pm

Lmao

Add to the list 'Should be banned unless he promises not to be so explicit next time?'

haha... And yeah, I did think some of the plushies and things were a tad expensive O_o
Jenna-x

Postby Gandalf_LostTheGame on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:08 pm

But he can't be banned as he'd use a proxy server to get back in :O
*spends a tad too much time online*

was the yelling really neccessary when he had that huge rainbow coloured Yaoi banner behind him anyway?
Gandalf_LostTheGame

Postby Lenrir59 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:30 pm

Gandalf_LostTheGame wrote:But he can't be banned as he'd use a proxy server to get back in :O
*spends a tad too much time online*

was the yelling really neccessary when he had that huge rainbow coloured Yaoi banner behind him anyway?

Lol at the proxy server comment XD.

He needs to be less explicit, he needs to understand there are young kids coming to this expo who don't know the full extent of..-ahem- yaoi.

This reminds me of that scene in Lucky Star.

'Whats Yaoi?'
Lenrir59

Postby sniper on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:44 pm

too loud. i like yaoi, but i didnt want to buy anything from there simply because of the yelling obscenities. it was crude and uneeded, kinda disgusting. you could see the poster from the other side of the hall and no other stalls were making that kinda noise.

if children are around, it shouldnt be allowed to happen again.
sniper

Postby Gandalf_LostTheGame on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:05 pm

and children will continue to come as Ark stated about glompers "this is a family event" and as a family event. Content of what people are yelling should not be heard.
Gandalf_LostTheGame

Postby Lenrir59 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:48 pm

Gandalf_LostTheGame wrote:and children will continue to come as Ark stated about glompers "this is a family event" and as a family event. Content of what people are yelling should not be heard.

QFT. Pretty much sums it up.
Lenrir59

Postby Shadowhunter72 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:57 pm

i agree with what has been said so far, but the first time i heard it, i found it quite amusing....but after that it started getting annoying @_@
Shadowhunter72

Postby Trialia on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:48 pm

I found it pretty annoying... (and very limited. Why yaoi and no yuri? I'm not into guys :P)

Honestly, I had thought of going over to have a look at the hentai section next to it, but that guy's yelling put me off - I had a bit of a headache already, and seriously, who yells that kind of thing with kids under ten around?
Trialia

Postby Gandalf_LostTheGame on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:52 pm

Trialia wrote:I found it pretty annoying... (and very limited. Why yaoi and no yuri? I'm not into guys :P)

Honestly, I had thought of going over to have a look at the hentai section next to it, but that guy's yelling put me off - I had a bit of a headache already, and seriously, who yells that kind of thing with kids under ten around?

well considering there a more screaming fan girls around its more than likely he'd get more business by yelling yaoi instead of yuri, although I do believe he yelled about Hentai over all a bit later on?

You think anything will be done about this over all?
Gandalf_LostTheGame

Postby Lenrir59 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:53 pm

Gandalf_LostTheGame wrote:
Trialia wrote:I found it pretty annoying... (and very limited. Why yaoi and no yuri? I'm not into guys :P)

well considering there a more screaming fan girls around its more than likely he'd get more business by yelling yaoi instead of yuri, although I do believe he yelled about Hentai over all a bit later on?

You think anything will be done about this over all?

If enough complain Im sure the staff will sort it out.
Lenrir59

Postby Gandalf_LostTheGame on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:04 pm

perhaps...
Perhaps if it's put together in one big post then they might take notice of it.
Like a petition I guess :S
Gandalf_LostTheGame

Postby Floof on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:37 pm

Then hopefully that petition wont get thrown into the next demension >.<

I dunno, the yaoi stall was new. So it's possible it'll be allowed back in. But i hear that the yaoi was hardly explicit, which is probably why it was let into expo in the first place.
ಠ_ಠ

Floof

Postby Jade Edgeworth on Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:53 pm

He did . me off, I must agree.
Jade Edgeworth

Postby Prize Gotti on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:20 pm

Floof wrote:Then hopefully that petition wont get thrown into the next demension >.<

I dunno, the yaoi stall was new. So it's possible it'll be allowed back in. But i hear that the yaoi was hardly explicit, which is probably why it was let into expo in the first place.

He had just as much hentai aswell.
Prize Gotti

Postby shaneh87 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:04 pm

I hardly got a look in at those stalls cos they were always packed >_<
shaneh87

Postby Floof on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:10 pm

Prize Gotti wrote:He had just as much hentai aswell.

Yeah but he was only obnoxious about the yaoi.
And wasn't the guy next to him the one handling most of the hentai?
ಠ_ಠ

Floof

Postby Mickolas on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:28 pm

Floof wrote:
Prize Gotti wrote:He had just as much hentai aswell.

Yeah but he was only obnoxious about the yaoi.
And wasn't the guy next to him the one handling most of the hentai?

I was talking about the way he was selling his stuff and not the fact it was yaoi
Mickolas

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - OCTOBER 2008