What did you buy at the Expo?

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Re: What did you buy at the Expo?

Postby NightSaber on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:53 pm

I bought.:
A Black Mokona Plushie.
An Ichigo Plushie for a friend.
A D.Gray-man bag.
3 D.Gray-man posters.
1 Loveless poster.
Loveless manga 7 and 8.
Fallen Moon Manga.
Trinity Blood DVDs volume 2 and 3.
12 Doujinshis, not saying what they are.
A Paddle.
A case of maker pens.

I spent too much on the whole Expo! D:
NightSaber

Postby Steven on Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:31 pm

Brought our son

A Cuddly Star Wars Ewok (wicket)
and some star wars figures (Imperial Briefing Room)

Our Daughter didn't get time to buy anything though due to me working
We will be at the next show though :)
Steven

Postby Mickolas on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:12 pm

edited
Last edited by Mickolas on Tue May 18, 2010 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mickolas

Postby Reser on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:14 pm

Mickolas wrote:
Mickolas wrote:Image
this image is hosted on flickr.com
http://flickr.com/photos/29475845@N08/sets/72157608186486637/

ive just added notes to all of my items, so if you wanna know where something comes from just click the link

Whatttttt , where did you get Konata!? I looked everywhereeeee!!! T_T
Reser

Postby Sasuko on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:17 pm

oh ya, Drovac won me a free t-shirt from the monster hunter freedom tent =3
The ninja Atsu
Sasuko

Postby Mickolas on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:21 pm

Reser wrote:Whatttttt , where did you get Konata!? I looked everywhereeeee!!! T_T
I see you payed about £25 for Tsukasa , mine where about £16.50 each but if you want one try www.up1.co.uk they was at the expo
Mickolas

Postby Reser on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:23 pm

Mickolas wrote:
Reser wrote:Whatttttt , where did you get Konata!? I looked everywhereeeee!!! T_T
I see you payed about £25 for Tsukasa , mine where about £16.50 each but if you want one try http://www.up1.co.uk they was at the expo

I looked everywhere untill i gave up and went to Tokyo toys to get the Tsukasa, I must have went round every stall at least 4 times each day trying to find Lucky star stuff >_<. Hmm dunno how I missed their stall >_< so annoyed.
Reser

Postby Mickolas on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:29 pm

Reser wrote:
Mickolas wrote:
I see you payed about £25 for Tsukasa , mine where about £16.50 each but if you want one try http://www.up1.co.uk they was at the expo

I looked everywhere untill i gave up and went to Tokyo toys to get the Tsukasa, I must have went round every stall at least 4 times each day trying to find Lucky star stuff >_<. Hmm dunno how I missed their stall >_< so annoyed.
did you see this stall? :P http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3072/297 ... 9458_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29475845@N08/2976407020/
Mickolas

Postby Reser on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:32 pm

Darn I saw her in May!! but I did not come across her stall this time >_< I do not know how I missed it.
Reser

Postby Silver on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:43 pm

Posable Aerith figurine (so glad I WAITED to get this, as it was cheaper than if I'd bought it on ebay).
Posable Cloud (original FFVII garb) figurine.
Irvine (Final Fantasy VIII) figurine which made me SO happy!
A Sailor Moon book.

Entire series of Angelic Layer.
Complete collection of the Urusei Yatsua OVAs (omg. I SQUEEED when I saw this).

I went a lot crazier with this expo than I have before, so I'll be keeping my head level the next few that come up.
May Expo, 2010
Silver

Postby shaneh87 on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:07 pm

did you see this stall? :P http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3072/297 ... 9458_b.jpg

I wanted that Ryoko figure but didnt have the cash :cry: I had a little convo with her about Haruhi.She was a nice woman :)
shaneh87

Postby Lanowar on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:29 pm

Tin Man on DVD
Poison Candy Manga
Issue of Spawn
Sketch of Venom
Deadpool Sketch
Pocky

And a whole lot of memories (aww)
Lanowar

Postby 7Force on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:38 pm

This lot

7Force

Postby Rufus Kun on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:49 pm

this badass homage to jiraiya.

Image £3.50

the rest of my money went on transport, booze and food -__-
Rufus Kun

Postby TrainXIII on Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:16 pm

First time at the MCM Expo and I went a bit crazy. There was these two Death Note Real Action Figures of L & Light. I saw them at Play-Asia months ago and thought they looked really awesome. They were £84 at the stalls so I thought I should give it a miss. Then I wondered around some more, bought some misc items but felt like I'm missing something. I don't need any Manga's. Don't buy Anime DVD's anymore. DAMMIT I NEED TO GET ONE OF THOSE FIGURES! So I took out £100 and went right back to that stall and grabbed the L figure and asked "How much?" the guy says he'll sell it for £75. They must've not been selling. I gleefully walked away with it. Got something to eat, wandered around some more and then I saw it. The Light figure hasn't been sold. Having one of these is awesome but what about both?! Took out some cash, bought the Light figure as well.

Here's some pics of them

ImageImageImageImage

Also bought a Renji Plush, Light Nendoroid and a Piplup plush. All together the day cost me around £200.
TrainXIII

Postby Reser on Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:42 pm

TrainXIII wrote:First time at the MCM Expo and I went a bit crazy. There was these two Death Note Real Action Figures of L & Light. I saw them at Play-Asia months ago and thought they looked really awesome. They were £84 at the stalls so I thought I should give it a miss. Then I wondered around some more, bought some misc items but felt like I'm missing something. I don't need any Manga's. Don't buy Anime DVD's anymore. DAMMIT I NEED TO GET ONE OF THOSE FIGURES! So I took out £100 and went right back to that stall and grabbed the L figure and asked "How much?" the guy says he'll sell it for £75. They must've not been selling. I gleefully walked away with it. Got something to eat, wandered around some more and then I saw it. The Light figure hasn't been sold. Having one of these is awesome but what about both?! Took out some cash, bought the Light figure as well.

Here's some pics of them

ImageImageImageImage

Also bought a Renji Plush, Light Nendoroid and a Piplup plush. All together the day cost me around £200.

Wow those are quite pricey for something so normal sized o.o, they look and sound pretty much like Figma type figures, and those sell for just £16-£25, I wonder why the extra £60 o.o;;;

//edit Just googled and they are 12" so quite big o.o, but pricey =x
Reser

Postby shaneh87 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:54 pm

When you are at home on the internet it doesnt seem so tempting.But when you can seem them right infront of you you must have it >_>
shaneh87

Postby Reser on Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:58 pm

shaneh87 wrote:When you are at home on the internet it doesnt seem so tempting.But when you can seem them right infront of you you must have it >_>

so true >_<, when I am at home online i always look at my money and think meh I can spend it better elsewhere, or think meh I wouldnt use it much or that I should save, but seeing all those figures and plushies and stuff and holding them just want want want >_<;
Reser

Postby shaneh87 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:11 pm

Reser wrote:
shaneh87 wrote:When you are at home on the internet it doesnt seem so tempting.But when you can seem them right infront of you you must have it >_>

so true >_<, when I am at home online i always look at my money and think meh I can spend it better elsewhere, or think meh I wouldnt use it much or that I should save, but seeing all those figures and plushies and stuff and holding them just want want want >_<;

Yeah its the reason i spent like 200 quid :P
shaneh87

Postby Reser on Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:13 pm

shaneh87 wrote:
Reser wrote:

Yeah its the reason i spent like 200 quid :P

I spent about the same =X and I left with -£300 in the bank lol, got to love student debt, not even a student anymore and I still have negative monies >_<
Reser

Postby shaneh87 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:17 pm

o noes :( The way i look at it though mate,is if you love/are pleased with what you got then thats all that matters.
shaneh87

Postby Reser on Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:24 pm

shaneh87 wrote:o noes :( The way i look at it though mate,is if you love/are pleased with what you got then thats all that matters.

Yeah lol, I almost did not go to con cause of my money situation, I am glad i changed my mind last minute, only down point was i couldnt afford to make a costume for this time like I had wanted too >_< Next time deffinatly though =3.

At minute i spend about £10 a week at most so its gradually getting back up =X I dont start work till November 25th >< but jobseekers will get me there xD.
Reser

Postby shaneh87 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:30 pm

Reser wrote:
shaneh87 wrote:o noes :( The way i look at it though mate,is if you love/are pleased with what you got then thats all that matters.

Yeah lol, I almost did not go to con cause of my money situation, I am glad i changed my mind last minute, only down point was i couldnt afford to make a costume for this time like I had wanted too >_< Next time deffinatly though =3.

At minute i spend about £10 a week at most so its gradually getting back up =X I dont start work till November 25th >< but jobseekers will get me there xD.

I might do a cosplay in May.I cant sew or do anything for the life of me though, so i will probably just buy a pre made one lol
shaneh87

Postby TrainXIII on Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:18 pm

Reser wrote:Wow those are quite pricey for something so normal sized o.o, they look and sound pretty much like Figma type figures, and those sell for just £16-£25, I wonder why the extra £60 o.o;;;

//edit Just googled and they are 12" so quite big o.o, but pricey =x

Yeah they're pretty big, not sure if the pictures show it. They're going for £120 on YesAsia and on the website of the stall I bought it, it's going for £85.. Still expensive but hey, I got nothing else to spend my wages on >_>

I just found out there is an Real Action Figure of Misa. Damn, I want that now. Maybe in May.
TrainXIII

Postby Arkayen on Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:09 am

I didnt buy much - a alternative clothed Ibuki from SF3, a Capcom Girls Lilith from Dark Stalkers, an unofficial but kawaii Nintento bag and my star buy - a hentai pillow case!!!! It was a standard size case that wasnt on display. I'll show you the front but if you want to see the back its in my photobucket:

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e140/ ... er%202008/
MCM Expo Message Board Moderator

Arkayen
Board Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - OCTOBER 2008