Where did my topic go?

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Where did my topic go?

Postby GottaHaveFaith on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:37 pm

The Good And The Bad Of Saturday?

I would like to know if it was deleted thank you. I see no reason why it would have been, as everyone was just saying what they liked, but raised good constructive criticism too?

I doubt it's an accident as nothing else seems to have disappeared.

Thanks.
User avatar
GottaHaveFaith
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:48 pm

Re: Where did my topic go?

Postby Lenrir59 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:42 pm

GottaHaveFaith wrote:The Good And The Bad Of Saturday?

I would like to know if it was deleted thank you. I see no reason why it would have been, as everyone was just saying what they liked, but raised good constructive criticism too?

I doubt it's an accident as nothing else seems to have disappeared.

Thanks.


Deleted for sure, or there would be a ghost topic here stating whether it been moved.
Image
User avatar
Lenrir59
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Somewhere In London...narrow it down.

Re: Where did my topic go?

Postby Yatak on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:57 pm

Im guessing because it contained (light racism... although it didn't seem bad to me but some anal people might have gotten offended?)


Although if that were the case surely just deleting the posts would be better.
Image
User avatar
Yatak
 
Posts: 1527
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: Almighty surrey

Re: Where did my topic go?

Postby Lenrir59 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:59 pm

Yatak wrote:Im guessing because it contained (light racism... although it didn't seem bad to me but some anal people might have gotten offended?)


Although if that were the case surely just deleting the posts would be better.


Agreed, delete the posts next time please D=. Cos I need Yuyuko's contact details and maybe form a Touhou cosplay group for May lol.
Image
User avatar
Lenrir59
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Somewhere In London...narrow it down.

Re: Where did my topic go?

Postby Kawatan on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:21 pm

Lenrir59 wrote:
Yatak wrote:Im guessing because it contained (light racism... although it didn't seem bad to me but some anal people might have gotten offended?)


Although if that were the case surely just deleting the posts would be better.


Agreed, delete the posts next time please D=. Cos I need Yuyuko's contact details and maybe form a Touhou cosplay group for May lol.

Lol, feel free to add me on Msn, goten44461@..com
Image
Kawatan
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: London

Re: Where did my topic go?

Postby MysteriousFayth on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:22 pm

Silly deleting a whole thread due ti a few posts that -may- have appeared racist. Or is it we'e not entitled to our opinion of the expo now? o.O
Image
User avatar
MysteriousFayth
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:00 am
Location: Scotland

Re: Where did my topic go?

Postby Admin-2 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:32 pm

The thread was deleted as it was not constructive.

Comments good or bad are welcome but as of yet no one has emailed a complaint about the show yet some come here to list what they think was wrong and are not saying it in a helpful way.

Please restart a discuss and we will moderate were nessasary.
London MCM Expo - Admin~2
User avatar
Admin-2
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1528
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:23 am

Re: Where did my topic go?

Postby ruka on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:07 pm

Trialia wrote:I see you've done the same with "Sunday".

Here's the fun part: emails don't get answered and other people don't get to see that they are not alone in what they think, therefore not a supportive and reliable method of actually getting answers.

I've complained to disability services about the lack of help for non-wheelchair disabled people at the con, but it didn't make any difference, apparently...


Great, now this thread is gonna get closed too, right? :roll:
Image
User avatar
ruka
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:09 pm
Location: Ganon's castle, really :3

Re: Where did my topic go?

Postby nall on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:08 pm

There was nothing wrong with Sunday...

By your logic, most of the topics in here should be gone...

Want some CC?

Sort out the queue.

More.

Ticket.

Stands.

Simple.
Image
nall
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:09 pm
Location: England.

Re: Where did my topic go?

Postby ruka on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:12 pm

your situation sounds really horrible, and I feel bad for you having to deal with it.

I can only hope that the staff look at this and do something about it, rather than ignore it like anything else.
there were only a few beanbags, and they were taken most of the time, with no seats anywhere.
had to sit on the floor, though woulda liked chairs.
Image
User avatar
ruka
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:09 pm
Location: Ganon's castle, really :3

Re: Where did my topic go?

Postby GottaHaveFaith on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:21 pm

Admin-2 wrote:The thread was deleted as it was not constructive.

Comments good or bad are welcome but as of yet no one has emailed a complaint about the show yet some come here to list what they think was wrong and are not saying it in a helpful way.

Please restart a discuss and we will moderate were nessasary.

So because I didn't email you, that means I can't make comments on here about something?

Sorry, I'm trying to follow what you just said:

"comments good or bad are welcome" - clearly not, as you deleted my topic.

Why would you delete my whole topic when as far as I'm concerned I presented my experience of Expo in a fair way, saying what I thought was good AND outlining the bad points too. Why not just delete one or two posts which may have been inappropriate (not sure if there were any) and leave my respectful points standing?

It was simply addressing certain issues about the event WHILE complimenting you at the same time!

As for emailing, I've tried that in the past, as well as writing a letter to your company and never ONCE received a reply. So please don't tell me to do that as it's never been any use.

I posted on here because I wanted to discuss my experience with other attendees and see if they had similar ones, or if I was just unlucky. If the latter was the case then fair enough, I would've let it slide and hoped for a better one next time. But numerous people had the same complaints as myself, so there was definitely something up there.

I'm afraid you really had no reason to totally delete my topic, especially when it was a fair and balanced one when I started it. I don't see why I should be forced to re-explain everything I already put. It was perfectly constructive, as I made sure it was, due to not wanting to just attack the organisers. I have no reason to do that - I had an enjoyable experience, and I was simply raising a few points that may help in future. I don't like being told to shut up really.
User avatar
GottaHaveFaith
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:48 pm

Re: Where did my topic go?

Postby Trialia on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:24 pm

GottaHaveFaith wrote:So because I didn't email you, that means I can't make comments on here about something?

Sorry, I'm trying to follow what you just said:

"comments good or bad are welcome" - clearly not, as you deleted my topic.

Why would you delete my whole topic when as far as I'm concerned I presented my experience of Expo in a fair way, saying what I thought was good AND outlining the bad points too. Why not just delete one or two posts which may have been inappropriate (not sure if there were any) and leave my respectful points standing?

It was simply addressing certain issues about the event WHILE complimenting you at the same time!

As for emailing, I've tried that in the past, as well as writing a letter to your company and never ONCE received a reply. So please don't tell me to do that as it's never been any use.

I posted on here because I wanted to discuss my experience with other attendees and see if they had similar ones, or if I was just unlucky. If the latter was the case then fair enough, I would've let it slide and hoped for a better one next time. But numerous people had the same complaints as myself, so there was definitely something up there.

I'm afraid you really had no reason to totally delete my topic, especially when it was a fair and balanced one when I started it. I don't see why I should be forced to re-explain everything I already put. It was perfectly constructive, as I made sure it was, due to not wanting to just attack the organisers. I have no reason to do that - I had an enjoyable experience, and I was simply raising a few points that may help in future. I don't like being told to shut up really.


That's pretty much exactly what I said up-thread. Emails don't get any response and improvements don't get made, so the only resort is to post here.
User avatar
Trialia
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: Manchester, England

Re: Where did my topic go?

Postby Yatak on Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:16 pm

What really confuses me is that he/she say 'please restart a discussion and we will moderate were necessary'.

Didn't she do that in the first place and you deleted it?
Image
User avatar
Yatak
 
Posts: 1527
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: Almighty surrey

Re: Where did my topic go?

Postby GottaHaveFaith on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:03 pm

Trialia wrote:That's pretty much exactly what I said up-thread. Emails don't get any response and improvements don't get made, so the only resort is to post here.

Exactly. I mean to be fair I don't see here as a 'last resort' - it's just easier sometimes, plus I really like to discuss situations with others and see if it was a general thing or just an unfortunate experience that I personally had.

I obviously made the mistake of assuming that's what this message board was for ..

Yatak wrote:What really confuses me is that he/she say 'please restart a discussion and we will moderate were necessary'.

Didn't she do that in the first place and you deleted it?

Yes 'he' did :wink:

And I feel quite victimised that I've had something removed when nothing I said about the event was rude whatsoever, and yet so many other topics are left on this board.

I'd be very interested to know why MY topic was so bad compared to others out there, because as far as I'm concerned it's really not.

I would appreciate Admin pointing out EXACTLY why my topic was removed, and not just individual posts if they were a problem. If you want to contact me in private, I would assume you have my registration email address - I'm not contacting you as unfortunately that has never been replied to before. Thank you.
Last edited by GottaHaveFaith on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
GottaHaveFaith
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:48 pm

Re: Where did my topic go?

Postby sjbonnar on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:05 pm

What was happening that wasn't constructive..? :-\ It looked alright to me TBH...And I'm usually told off for OVER moderating!
Image
User avatar
sjbonnar
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:49 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Where did my topic go?

Postby Reser on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:22 pm

Yeah... I am kinda lost here, the bad points that were made were about queues, signing and photoshoots not having times till last minute and staff not knowing much about what was going on with them, all of the points made people usually where quite constructive and said what could be done to fix it or when it was done better. also people always posted about the good points too... so it really to me is looking more like 'we don't want bad points on the forum' ¬.¬
User avatar
Reser
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 12:08 am
Location: Durham, UK

Re: Where did my topic go?

Postby GottaHaveFaith on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:29 pm

That's pretty much why I'm . off about it. I'm not here to cause trouble .. if I was, I would've made some EXPO WAS RUBBISH! topic.

However, I made a topic that presented both sides of my experience at the event, and other people followed that example.

I feel very hard done by here, especially when I'm then told to start another topic - why would a new one be any different?

If there were a few offensive or borderline problematic posts WITHIN the topic, I'm pretty sure admin/mods are able to delete individual posts right? Is that really reason for removing a whole topic?

TBH I don't think there's any way it can be justified. It's ridiculous that I went and spend hundreds of £££ and I get treated like this. Well done for ruining what I considered the best Expo I'd been to in a long time :?
User avatar
GottaHaveFaith
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:48 pm

Re: Where did my topic go?

Postby Admin-2 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:32 pm

If anyone has not had emails responded to, I would asked that they post here a short not if a reasonable time has passed since email was sent. Just the basic details, when and subject will be fine. I can investigate and then generate a response. We cannot always give people the answer they want to hear but we will do our best.
London MCM Expo - Admin~2
User avatar
Admin-2
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1528
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:23 am

Re: Where did my topic go?

Postby Yatak on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:35 pm

Yes 'he' did :wink:


My bad :) i base my opinions on avatar till proven wrong ^^.
Image
User avatar
Yatak
 
Posts: 1527
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: Almighty surrey

Re: Where did my topic go?

Postby Trialia on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:42 pm

Admin-2 wrote:If anyone has not had emails responded to, I would asked that they post here a short not if a reasonable time has passed since email was sent. Just the basic details, when and subject will be fine. I can investigate and then generate a response. We cannot always give people the answer they want to hear but we will do our best.

I have never had an email responded to from the 'official' people involved in Expo, and I emailed after the last con as well. I don't remember specifically when, but my username here is the same as my email SN, and I'm getting very sick of the lack of provision for disabled congoers who aren't in wheelchairs. Last time I had my shoulder dislocated and wound up with heatstroke, and this weekend I had both wrist and ankle dislocated (though the latter was no fault of con staff) and had nowhere to sit throughout the weekend, and since I suffer from chronic pain and fatigue issues that's a serious problem. I can't get down to the level of sitting on a bean bag without someone to help me up - and in this case, the kind guy who did help me up then toppled over himself and dragged my hand out of the socket.

Health and safety and disability provision seems to constantly come up as a serious issue at Expo - and nothing appears to be being done about it. This time, for example: providing a 'rest area' is no use if it's just plain floor like the rest of the area, with no chairs.
User avatar
Trialia
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: Manchester, England

Re: Where did my topic go?

Postby Reser on Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:05 pm

Trialia wrote:
Admin-2 wrote:If anyone has not had emails responded to, I would asked that they post here a short not if a reasonable time has passed since email was sent. Just the basic details, when and subject will be fine. I can investigate and then generate a response. We cannot always give people the answer they want to hear but we will do our best.

I have never had an email responded to from the 'official' people involved in Expo, and I emailed after the last con as well. I don't remember specifically when, but my username here is the same as my email SN, and I'm getting very sick of the lack of provision for disabled congoers who aren't in wheelchairs. Last time I had my shoulder dislocated and wound up with heatstroke, and this weekend I had both wrist and ankle dislocated (though the latter was no fault of con staff) and had nowhere to sit throughout the weekend, and since I suffer from chronic pain and fatigue issues that's a serious problem. I can't get down to the level of sitting on a bean bag without someone to help me up - and in this case, the kind guy who did help me up then toppled over himself and dragged my hand out of the socket.

Health and safety and disability provision seems to constantly come up as a serious issue at Expo - and nothing appears to be being done about it. This time, for example: providing a 'rest area' is no use if it's just plain floor like the rest of the area, with no chairs.


Yeah, I really can not see why there is never really any resting area, that bean bag area was a nice idea but as someone stated not good for disabled people and it was too small an area and always full of course. From what I heard of american cons they have several viewing areas where you go to sit and watch anime and previews of new anime, this would be awesome all we seem to get is repeated 2 minute trailers, i dont even like walking past those much as it is really annoying after hearing/seeing a few times. they also have like maid cafes and 'social areas' where you go to sit and talk with people you met at the con and get to know each other, play ds/PSP e.t.c.

Now I know the first thing said will be 'space' is the issue, but having worked out they made at least £180,000 just from saturdays ticket sales (I am sure they made quite alot from the autographs and photoshoots to boot), why can they not book 2 areas or a larger one if space became an issue, that Peace and unity event booked out almost half the Excel centre for theirs ¬.¬.
User avatar
Reser
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 12:08 am
Location: Durham, UK

Re: Where did my topic go?

Postby GottaHaveFaith on Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:05 pm

Admin-2 wrote:If anyone has not had emails responded to, I would asked that they post here a short not if a reasonable time has passed since email was sent. Just the basic details, when and subject will be fine. I can investigate and then generate a response. We cannot always give people the answer they want to hear but we will do our best.

Could you perhaps respond to what I've said/asked in this topic then please?

Thank you.
User avatar
GottaHaveFaith
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:48 pm

Re: Where did my topic go?

Postby GottaHaveFaith on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:15 pm

Sorry for the double post - just a quick note to say I've emailed Expo, as I've not had replies before, so I want to make sure it's seen. Thank you :)
User avatar
GottaHaveFaith
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:48 pm

Re: Where did my topic go?

Postby GottaHaveFaith on Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:10 pm

Hello, only me again - just to ask if anyone could give me confirmation that my email was received and will be dealt with?

Can't help but be wary after failures in the past - through Expos fault or technology, who knows. But better to be safe than sorry.

Cheers.
User avatar
GottaHaveFaith
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:48 pm

Re: Where did my topic go?

Postby GottaHaveFaith on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:59 pm

Any luck? I've seen Admin 2 reply to a few things today, so if you're around and can look into this for me, that'd be useful thanks.
User avatar
GottaHaveFaith
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:48 pm

Next

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - OCTOBER 2008

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest