Injuries this weekend?

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Injuries this weekend?

Postby Trialia on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:26 pm

So what's the list?

Seriously, health and safety is sadly not something Expo seems to be concerned about preserving :( Nowhere for those of us who are non-wheelchair disabled to sit, even... I'm not happy about it... Anyway.

For me, dislocated wrist and ankle and lesser con crud. (I cannot attend Expo without getting hurt, which is what makes me mad. :?) How 'bout the rest of you?
Trialia

Re: Injuries this weekend?

Postby Lenrir59 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:28 pm

Trialia wrote:So what's the list?

Seriously, health and safety is sadly not something Expo seems to be concerned about preserving :( Nowhere for those of us who are non-wheelchair disabled to sit, even... I'm not happy about it... Anyway.

For me, dislocated wrist and ankle and lesser con crud. (I cannot attend Expo without getting hurt, which is what makes me mad. :?) How 'bout the rest of you?

Bruises..Cuts..and a big gaping hole in my chest...well not that big..but to the point where I had to bandage myself using the stuff from my first aid box at home..since plasters wouldn't cut it..what I been pierced by god knows.
Lenrir59

Postby ruka on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:35 pm

do broken ego's count?

:(
ruka

Postby Lenrir59 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:42 pm

ruka wrote:do broken ego's count?

:(

Still talking about Ruka instead of Rukia? XD
Lenrir59

Postby Trialia on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:43 pm

Lenrir59 wrote:...and a big gaping hole in my chest...

Yeow. You have no idea how you got that? Sounds nasty - I hope you disinfected it before you bound it up.

I'm sick of getting hurt at Expo, frankly. I don't get this injured at any of the other cons I go to.
Trialia

Postby Gandalf_LostTheGame on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:47 pm

yes they do rukia

I didn't get any injuries thankfully

But now that you mention it there doesnt seem to be that much accessiblity for the disabled and I did see a fair few people who would fall into the catergory of needing better accessibility needs.

I think considering it's the biggest expo in England there are bound to be injuries and the expo staff can only do their best to enforce safety rules, bearing in mind that they are also having to keep order over all as well as continually having to set up other sections around the expo.
Started attending Expo's: October 2005
Expo's attended: 10
Times Cosplayed: 0
Gandalf_LostTheGame

Postby SasukeRoxMySox2 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:48 pm

hmmm i got injured more in the hotel room than anywhere O_O
appart from my cripply feet from wearing gay heels i managed to fall off the bed backwardwards onto a mug...i have a circle shaped bruise on my back, my friend shut her finger in the bathroom door and managed to tread in a load of glass lol XD
SasukeRoxMySox2

Postby ruka on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:49 pm

I've accepted people calling me rukia, since I apparently can't fight it :lol:

and man, I can't count how many times my toes were stepped on by people, especially people wearing boots. it sucked.
ruka

Postby Lenrir59 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:52 pm

Trialia wrote:
Lenrir59 wrote:...and a big gaping hole in my chest...

Yeow. You have no idea how you got that? Sounds nasty - I hope you disinfected it before you bound it up.

I'm sick of getting hurt at Expo, frankly. I don't get this injured at any of the other cons I go to.

Yeah did the usual first-aid procedures before bandaging it. It might have something to do with 2 weeks ago when I went full-force into a corner of a wall which really HURT my chest and left a nasty mark...it might just not of healed properly and something I hit aggravated it to the point it split open.

Explains the crustyness of my black shirt though >_> damm dried blood.
Lenrir59

Postby Trialia on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:53 pm

Gandalf_LostTheGame wrote:But now that you mention it there doesnt seem to be that much accessiblity for the disabled and I did see a fair few people who would fall into the catergory of needing better accessibility needs.

I think considering it's the biggest expo in England there are bound to be injuries and the expo staff can only do their best to enforce safety rules, bearing in mind that they are also having to keep order over all as well as continually having to set up other sections around the expo.

Actually being seen to try would be nice, though. What's the point in setting up a rest area if there aren't any chairs in it, for example? Gives the impression that the organisers think if you're not in a wheelchair, you can't be disabled. *headdesk* I wish that were true.

@Lenrir ... Messy! Doesn't sound like fun.
Trialia

Postby rizkain on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:34 pm

Mainly in the hotel room. Flipping onto the bed and hitting my feet off the headboard isnt a good idea. Nor hiding in the wardrobe pretending its Narnia then standing up at hitting your head on the shelf isnt a great idea either.
But no proper injuries xD
rizkain

Postby ruka on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:58 pm

rizkain wrote:Mainly in the hotel room. Flipping onto the bed and hitting my feet off the headboard isnt a good idea. Nor hiding in the wardrobe pretending its Narnia then standing up at hitting your head on the shelf isnt a great idea either.
But no proper injuries xD

that actually sounds amazing, gonna stay in a hotel in may for sure!
ruka

Postby rizkain on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:12 pm

haha yeah. and our hotel room was pretty big so we could run about and do random things.
oh and i think I saw you Ruka. I think you were by the DDR machines when I noticed. Didnt say hi though lol
rizkain

Postby ruka on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:15 pm

rizkain wrote:haha yeah. and our hotel room was pretty big so we could run about and do random things.
oh and i think I saw you Ruka. I think you were by the DDR machines when I noticed. Didnt say hi though lol

yeah, my friends were in the torunament so I was watching :)

may I ask how much you pad for the hotel? and what days you stayed there?
I'm really considering it.
ruka

Postby rizkain on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:33 pm

there were 3 of us in the hotel that cost £109 a night. so we payed like £37 each. it was the Ramada hotel, which was like..a 10-15min walk from the ExCel. only stayed saturday night
rizkain

Postby ruka on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:41 pm

rizkain wrote:there were 3 of us in the hotel that cost £109 a night. so we payed like £37 each. it was the Ramada hotel, which was like..a 10-15min walk from the ExCel. only stayed saturday night

ooh awesome, that's pretty cheap then. thanks for the info :)
ruka

Postby The Fuzz on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:49 pm

No injuries this time around but I did break my wrist playing ninja a year ago.
The Fuzz

Postby Reser on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:51 pm

*cough* I twisted my ankle quite badly when i tried to send a text while walking down the stairs to toilet area xD my phone went flying LoL. Limped for a few hours.

Then later on my shoulder clicked and hurt quite badly the rest of the day lol, never knew why =x
Last edited by Reser on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reser

Postby Silver on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:53 pm

Extremely painful and sore neck from where some IDIOT pulled my ponytail extension, just to make sure it wasn't real.

Rare skin on my rib cage from pulling tape off where it was holding my top down. Raw skin on my foot from where my shoes decided to eat my skin.

Overall, nothing horrendous. But I wanted to shove the kid who pulled my ponytail into the floor until he was puddle of blood after that stunt. But he'd run off before I had the chance to kill him.
May Expo, 2010
Silver

Postby Yatak on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:06 pm

Apart from aching shoulders from lugging a heavy bag and a sword around, sore feet from small sandals and too little sleep, i came out unscathed. And all of those little things were totally worth it.
Yatak

Postby Anne Drogenous on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:08 pm

The night spent ambling around the hotel and being all Zombielicious left me with a terrible sore throat, which I still am having trouble with. Seriously, woke up this morning, and ran out of my room gasping for water.
Must've done some pretty bad damage.

Worth it though.
Anne Drogenous

Postby Berserk667 on Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:13 am

Had serious bad cramping in my neck after wearing the Ryo costume becasuse i couldn't look up.

and for some reason i was getting a bit of a sore back pain while wearing my Cpt Falcon outfit :?
Berserk667

Postby adamoluna on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:07 am

I had my skin scraped off around the neck in a way that makes it look like someone strangled me... X'D

That was my own fault though, the wire frame keeping my costume in place lacked a little extra padding in the clasp around the neck, so during the day it dug into my skin.
I couldn't feel it at all, until I took it off (and a little extra skin at that) at the end of the day.

I disinfected it, and it's healing nicely, though it's still very sore.
adamoluna

Postby Regasssa on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:30 am

My feet got gradually worse throughout the day in Vincent's heels. I changed out of them the next day, having discovered that one of my toes had been twisted in the shoe, and had dug out a large chunk of the toe next to it. x.x Other than that, all my injuries were luggage related, although the pulled muscle in my drawing hand was a right pain.
Regasssa

Postby MasakoX on Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:59 pm

Over the course of Sunday, my hips slowly burnt...so my journey home was a little painful. I'm not sure whether it's an injury or a badge of dedication for sticking out the entire day on your feet. XD;
MasakoX

Next

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - OCTOBER 2008