Funny moments at the expo

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Re: Funny moments at the expo

Postby Izzi-chan on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:14 pm

otonashi wrote:hmmmmmm well
i was staying in the PTI with my cosplay group and we were heading up in the lift.
with us were two cosplayers, a Tobi and a Deidara.
we were intending to get out on the third floor,
mini-chan and Bossy-chan succeeded however Deidara and Tobi saw fit to abduct me,
i was dragged back into the lift as my fellow trioka yelled at me to come back.
i ended up going up another 2 or three floors before i managed to escape!
was so much fun though,
and happened another couple of times at the expo!

was horrible... i almost cried. just sank to my knees and squealed
Izzi-chan

Postby Rufus Kun on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:20 pm

WALES.

that is all.
Rufus Kun

Postby Lenrir59 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:24 pm

The Fire Bridgade coming to the rescue at PTI due to the lift malfunction. Hilarity ensures as we did the carameldansen in front of thier truck...with the driver and his fellow friends smiling and laughing XD. They were an awesome crew and even beeped at us goodbye as they left XD
Lenrir59

Postby Yamakaze on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:24 pm

Coming up behind the Dailek to bash him with my bat, only to have him blast me with water.

REVENGE!!!!
Telford Expo 2010
Barry the Chopper, Human (FMA)
Yamakaze

Postby MochiMoto on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:16 pm

For me the funniest moment of expo, was on Saturday being told to move by the 'Islam expo' representatives, because i was 'too close' to their event while doing my face paint XD
It was truly a strange mix of cultures that day don't you think?
Also I bumped into a co-worker of mine, she was at the islam expo and I was dressed as a ninja, lets just say we exchanged some awkward looks at work today XP
MochiMoto

Postby red pill on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:40 pm

getting a darlek to come to my stall! i have tryed it every year, but it worked! :D he blasted me with water, and he didnt buy a death note, witch would have totaly won him his eternal battle agist the doctor, but there you go.

also, loseing the game for so meny people, and shouting KAAAAAAAHHHNNNNN at the top of my voice. amoung other things. XD
red pill

Postby MDK on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:00 am

I had great fun when I was in character as a scout at the record attempt. Inside I couldn't move, so was really unable to go charging around.

Outside though, I got my spirits up a bit and did some running around like a loon.

Until Friction decided to make me it's b***h and my feet went flying the opposite direction to my body, causing me to bail in spectacular fashion.

That was awesome :D

Anybody happen to catch that on video, or is it resigned to my mere memories?

Also:

NEED A DISPENSER HERE
NEED A DISPENSER HERE
NEED A DISPENSER HERE
NEED A DISPENSER HERE
NEED A DISPENSER HERE

EDIT: Darned wordfilter <_<
MDK

Postby majin_lyndon on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:12 am

There were some great moments this time, like this epic confrontation between a robot and a cylon (those boxing robots were EPIC):

majin_lyndon

Postby Noire on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:26 am

The person who faceplanted near the games during the super conga on Sunday.
Are you ok though? (whoever that was)

I had more to write but my friend is telling me about a legendary magic soup spoon...So I've forgotten now xD
Noire

Postby xpanda-boox on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:29 am

d- roy falling flat on his face during the bleach saturday meet. (plz tell me someone got it on vid) that was epic!

and

hearing sirens and a riot happening where the cosplay ball was and running all the way there with no shoes on with 2 other people and a video camera trying to film it for youtube, that was immense

:lol:
xpanda-boox

Postby Reser on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:39 am

xpanda-boox wrote:d- roy falling flat on his face during the bleach saturday meet. (plz tell me someone got it on vid) that was epic!

and

hearing sirens and a riot happening where the cosplay ball was and running all the way there with no shoes on with 2 other people and a video camera trying to film it for youtube, that was immense

I have the Bleach saturday meet on video, I am not sure if i got the guy falling over on it, I guess I would remember if i did though >_< , I am about to edit it a bit and upload it, so will see.

/Edit I think I may have caught the aftermath but not the actual fall ><, i have a part where there is a guy being helped up and you are sitting near him at top of the hill, was it around that time?
Reser

Postby Goka on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:53 am

When the awesome guy coplaying as Broly came up behind me and said "Kakarot" as i was cosplaying as Goku, i turned around really slowly and almost crapped myself but i found it dead funny as i was not expecting it. :lol:
Goka

Postby xpanda-boox on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:10 am

Reser wrote:
xpanda-boox wrote:d- roy falling flat on his face during the bleach saturday meet. (plz tell me someone got it on vid) that was epic!

and

I have the Bleach saturday meet on video, I am not sure if i got the guy falling over on it, I guess I would remember if i did though >_< , I am about to edit it a bit and upload it, so will see.

/Edit I think I may have caught the aftermath but not the actual fall ><, i have a part where there is a guy being helped up and you are sitting near him at top of the hill, was it around that time?

it was round the point where it was a group picture of just the arrancar and he was kneeling in front but still if you got the aftermath thats still funny because we all just laugh insteed of helping him up lol
xpanda-boox

Postby Reser on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:51 am

Ah Now I get why I didnt notice, I got you all laughing at him but I was busy zoomed in on people at back when he fell >_<. Now I watch it I do not get why I did not try and zoom in on what people were laughing at >_< darn I feel dumb xD.

I think i had a big crowed infront of me so I would have needed to push through to video him =/ I dunno, irritated i didnt film it >_<

Oh well, I still got the first part where he started to fall and the guy infront catches him, then everyone laughing at him.
Reser

Postby Trialia on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:16 am

I've been thinking on this one and I have to say... the funniest moment for me was when Michael Hogan caught sight of my costume and cracked up laughing like a teenager, and couldn't stop laughing the whole way through the photo being taken. XD!

(Followed by his grabbing me into a hug, which was just awesome, especially since he managed to do it without damaging me. :P ^_^;)
Trialia

Postby Reser on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:19 am

Oh I forgot to post a funny moment hum.. I think one of the funiest moments for me was when the guy dressed as cactus from final fantasy tripped over going up the stairs on Saturday during the masquarde and his head fell off on stage lol. Wish i caught that on film , my camera ran out of batterys on Saturday ._.

Anyway here is the D-Roy falling video - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jYtLqFfAbqA - I edited it a bit to make it look like I missed less then i did <_< >_>;; xD, looks better this way I think lol.
Reser

Postby sarahtsang123 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:43 am

red pill wrote:getting a darlek to come to my stall! i have tryed it every year, but it worked! :D he blasted me with water, and he didnt buy a death note, witch would have totaly won him his eternal battle agist the doctor, but there you go.

also, loseing the game for so meny people, and shouting KAAAAAAAHHHNNNNN at the top of my voice. amoung other things. XD

YOU SAW A DARLEK?!!!!...

What day was this?
:O...

=(..

I wish i saw a Darlek haha...
RAWR
sarahtsang123

Postby Arnavel on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:05 am

not so much funny but loved Hobo and Squalls lightsaber duel in the dark on the field outside Ibis/Excel
Saturday: Toshiro Hitsugaya
Ball: Miles Edgeworth
Sunday: Dante (DMC4)
Arnavel

Postby xpaperwrapx on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:21 am

Yatak wrote:The guys with the riddick trooper costumes stole my phone while i was waiting in the fast queue XD

Ill let them off though since their costumes absolutely rocked.

I was walking up and down the queue taking pictures and as I strolled past these guys, they all stopped and watched D:

They were brilliant.
xpaperwrapx

Postby Prize Gotti on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:44 am

I watching all the cosplayers having there photos taken for the world record thing on the hill, one girl at the back was standing there, the next thing I saw was her disappearing into the ground, i guess she fell off the wall. Hope she was ok but I had to laugh.
Prize Gotti

Postby sarahtsang123 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:37 pm

sunny1r wrote:Well i ended up paying for my ticket and walked away until my little brother and the ticket seller told me i hadn't taken my ticket with me :lol: i definetly did not get enough sleep hat morning

there was a guy with I HATE ANIME sign and he got attacked by two people outside, all in good fun though , there were more things but thats all i can think of for now

hahah i saw him.,,i got a picture of him...
RAWR
sarahtsang123

Postby red pill on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:40 pm

sarahtsang123 wrote:
red pill wrote:getting a darlek to come to my stall! i have tryed it every year, but it worked! :D he blasted me with water, and he didnt buy a death note, witch would have totaly won him his eternal battle agist the doctor, but there you go.

YOU SAW A DARLEK?!!!!...

What day was this?

=(..

sunday, i think. he and his buddy were going around.

http://www.metapill.co.uk/pictures/expo ... et102.html
red pill

Postby sarahtsang123 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:44 pm

red pill wrote:
sarahtsang123 wrote:

YOU SAW A DARLEK?!!!!...

What day was this?

=(..

sunday, i think. he and his buddy were going around.

http://www.metapill.co.uk/pictures/expo ... et102.html

oh i feel sad now..since i love Darleks and a big Doctor who fan....
I see the pig too!.
Now i regret not going on sunday...because i heard there were two Domo-Kuns..i love Domo D:
RAWR
sarahtsang123

Postby Anne Drogenous on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:19 pm

It was me and Sam chasing the kid with the 'I HATE ANIME' sign around.
He stood on the steps and flashed it to everyone, so me and sam grabbed our weapons and got running.
Random girls in maid outfits were chasing him too, and he even went missing for like ten minutes before turning back up without his jacket on.
Was a good time. Trying to smoke and run at the same time.
Got a good hug off him after everything had calmed down. Turned out he was American!
How awesome.
xx
Anne Drogenous

Postby Arkayen on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:51 pm

Doesnt work - the Doctors true name is known by few so meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Mine was seeing some of the Muslims covered in Little Big Planet badges and stickers...*cough* I mean me and Jake X watching Dr Who and handing sweets out to the Anbu on the hill ^_^ anbu loves teh halloween candy!
MCM Expo Message Board Moderator

Arkayen
Board Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - OCTOBER 2008