Saturday comments

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Saturday comments

Postby gebes on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:09 pm

The time you got with the guests
The stage setup and the big screen above.
The promotional talks and signings that were done

Bad Points

Queue Management System- All I seemed to spend the day doing was stand in a queue somewhere, this system expo have of handing out talk tickets , is quite frankly the worst I've seen, I mean, you have to queue to get a talk ticket , to me that defeats the whole point of talk tickets. You may as well just queue straight for the talk.

Communication amongst crew - The fiasco that went on regarding needing your raffle ticket as well as a hand stamp to get your free autos, Expo needs to work on their communication, both amongst crew and from organiser to attendee.

10x8 photos - It's bad when even Michael Hogan, starts getting exasperated about how his single photo kept running out and yet kept getting more cast shots printed that were'nt being selected.

I've always known Expo can get good guests, but let themselves way down, by refusing to listen to polite comments about what people consider expo should improve upon. Regarding making a complaint, I thought about asking to speak to the head organiser on the saturday morning regarding the queueing for the talk tickets, as when I questioned the procedure with someone on your info desk I was informed

"If I want the queue going around the room, I'll have the queue going round the room "

From a customer service point of view , I would'nt think this is very good.

On a side note , did anyone else hear someone yelling about sexual matters at the top of their voice, I'm sure at one point I heard commentsand something to do with a paddle. Expo is attended by a wide age range, and to be shouting about this when there were children around was out of order.

As for those signs, I've read about Free Hugs on these forums, but surely

Free Drugs
Free Rape
Free Sex
Free Snogs

is going just a bit too far ? what sort of image does this give Expo ?

I tried to phone the number listed on the website between 11 and 4pm today but got a pre-recorded message "this number is temporarily out of order " which is why I'm posting on the forums.

I realise some of this is a little negative, but as I said you do get good guests and from an attendee's point of view, I got to spend a little time chatting to the guests as well which is something which I can only thank you for .

I look forward to constructive comments/replies please
gebes

Re: Saturday comments

Postby gebes on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:12 pm

I did'nt know there was one made already, what happened to it ? I'm only just online after getting back from the weekend.
gebes

Postby GottaHaveFaith on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:16 pm

Mine got deleted because it "wasn't constructive".

Which is absolute rubbish but there you go.
GottaHaveFaith

Postby Trialia on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:21 pm

joleslie wrote:I'm not sure how paying attendees opinions and suggestions, whilst also querying problems they had at the weekend, is anything BUT constructive. But there you go.

Word.

Smells strongly of 'gagging' to protect Expo's image, to me, which just isn't right. If there are problems, which there are, they should be dealt with instead of being swept under the carpet.
Trialia

Postby Floof on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:23 pm

GottaHaveFaith wrote:Mine got deleted because it "wasn't constructive".

Which is absolute rubbish but there you go.

I mean, really. ¬_¬

gebes wrote:As for those signs, I've read about Free Hugs on these forums, but surely

Free Drugs
Free Rape
Free Sex
Free Snogs

I saw one girl holding a 'Free Snogs' sign, and she looked utterly evil and unapproachable ;S
ಠ_ಠ

Floof

Postby ruka on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:40 pm

someone should approach her, and pull away as she goes to kiss you.

THEN LAUGH.

that'll teach her!

:twisted:
ruka

Postby fia_x on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:48 pm

Floof wrote:
gebes wrote:As for those signs, I've read about Free Hugs on these forums, but surely

Free Drugs
Free Rape
Free Sex
Free Snogs

I saw one girl holding a 'Free Snogs' sign, and she looked utterly evil and unapproachable ;S

sdlkjfsdlk. did not appreciate.
Last edited by fia_x on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fia_x

Postby gebes on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:48 pm

I asked for constructive comments, could we kindly keep on topic and not make personal attacks on other people please.
gebes

Postby Floof on Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:08 pm

gebes wrote:I asked for constructive comments, could we kindly keep on topic and not make personal attacks on other people please.

Where was the personal attack?

I just wonder why a person offering her lips would look so gloomy about it. *sigh* IDK, maybe i just saw her at a bad time.
ಠ_ಠ

Floof

Postby Jenna-x on Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:33 pm

I thought it was a free hugs sign, started to go over to give her a hug, then read it properly :lol:
Yup, I'm thick.
And no, I can't be bothered to reitterate what I've said in a previous, similar topic that got deleted :P
Jenna-x

Postby Satorixxx on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:21 am

Please try to stay on topic :D

Thanks
x
MCM Expo - Competitions Coordinator
Satorixxx
Board Moderator

Postby exetervillafc on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:29 am

I do not mind ppl in costume, but the biggest problem inside is being bump into and no one saying sorry, it might be just me, but it is bad manners. You also have a few big sword items being carried around and again it is me moving or I will be hit.

I also wish that the Expo team sort out the signing area or just don't get the guests and just make it a Manga event.
exetervillafc

Postby kitsune on Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:56 am

THis happens every year i think i've posted on all of the post on pros and cons on expo.

one thing i do know is expos popularity is causing it to slowly evolve into something that most of us fear it will become--

a festival of lunatics and side shows.

management has become harder due to the excess of people going to the event the number of people going each year is doubled causing chaos with what little staff the event has. they can't always control whats going on.
kitsune

Postby SamW89 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:04 am

I have to say I didn't experience any problems with queues. I'll admit that queuing to get into the Masquerade seemed an impossible task as the queue literally did go around the room, but the queue moved very quickly and everybody was soon seated.

However, if customer services were as impolite to say "If I want the queue around the room, I'll have the queue around the room." then that is unmistakably rude and unacceptable, though your problem then lies with that individual and not the entire Expo. Did you get their name at all?
SamW89

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - OCTOBER 2008