"FREE ____" Signs.

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Re: "FREE ____" Signs.

Postby Adziu on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:33 pm

If someone was genuinely giving out free snogs...that's pretty damn nasty.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby wetnoodle on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:03 am

Yes! It was SRS business!

I had seen them around and [s]contemplated on taking a chance [/s] but then it hit me... I would get a 7 minute snog and a year's worth of free herpes too. No thanks. I'll get it somewhere else.

At the end, we were hovvering around the entrance and the "Free Snog" girl (and her groupies) were there. This random guy (with, presumably, his girlfriend) gave her and one of her friends a long snog much to his girlfriend's disapproval (she was tugging him away) and I couldn't help but give them a free hearty lol.
wetnoodle

Postby 12midnite21 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:18 am

some people's brains must get very lonely with all that neglect they are getting *shakes head in dissaproval*

YOOUUUU!!!!!
12midnite21

Postby Arnavel on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:03 am

sorry to be a kill joy, but i think this needs to die for a bit, it was a nice novelty, but theres way too many free huggers now that its lost all fun. I mean there was a girl outside excel shouting for free hugs for over 30mins and i just bad for her. I admit i did give the occasional free hug but seeing a cardboard sign everywhere you look just destroys the gimic for me.

never saw any rape/sex ones though, the only variation was a free glomps one (and wheres the surprise in asking for one XD)
Saturday: Toshiro Hitsugaya
Ball: Miles Edgeworth
Sunday: Dante (DMC4)
Arnavel

Postby RocketGirrl on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:57 am

I didn't mind the free hugs, free pocky ones because the people i saw were really nice and were just wandering around like the people without signs.
I'm a huggy person and I like hugs so I don't really mind I guess unless they are those crazy ones who like jump on you, because sometimes you can find a nice person to talk to for a little bit.
But I agree with the "free rape/snogs" etc... I gave them such evils.
I think some free huggers give it a bit more atmosphere sometimes because, y'know, hugs make people happy
But I think some need to tone it down
o_O
Why So Serious?
RocketGirrl

Postby sarahtsang123 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:11 pm

i liked the free hugs..never saw the free rape and that hahah..
Me and my friends had a free hug competition
I fail coz i had none...i gave up and hugged the free huggers hahah....i hugged a cute guy..:)
My friend had 15..
My brother and friend had like probably loads btween them as on the sign it had a arrow pointing to him and other arrow point to her but i kept losing them half way through..but you all propbably seen them coz they probably got the free hugs coz the red octopus (wearing a puzzle hat) they were carrying around-.-

I saw a guy glomping a guy though...there was a huge crowd around them as i walked past..
RAWR
sarahtsang123

Postby Tonyo on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:30 pm

I didn't see any signs that said anything wrong on them. I didn't even see any free Pocky ones come to think of it. Loads of hug signs though and I lost track how many times I was hugged, but I don't mind that, it's all fun.

I don't agree that people should carry signs with offensive things on them. If I see any of them, I'll be telling them it's a family event. If you people want to give out free sex, and you find a willing idiot to take part, save it for your hotel room, not the Expo!
Tonyo

Postby Lenrir59 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:27 pm

Tonyo wrote:I didn't see any signs that said anything wrong on them. I didn't even see any free Pocky ones come to think of it. Loads of hug signs though and I lost track how many times I was hugged, but I don't mind that, it's all fun.

I don't agree that people should carry signs with offensive things on them. If I see any of them, I'll be telling them it's a family event. If you people want to give out free sex, and you find a willing idiot to take part, save it for your hotel room, not the Expo!

I found one giving free pocky for free hugs XD I got strawberry pocky woo!
Lenrir59

Postby Leeniebop on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:41 pm

I would love to see how many of them would actually follow through. If only I had the acting ability to go up to one of them, completely straight faced, and said "free sex? okay, my hotel room is 209. I gotta pick up this manga first but I'll meet you up there in 20 minutes, alright?"

You can just guarantee that they'd all run a mile. ;)
Leeniebop

Postby Lenrir59 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:46 pm

I decided on what my sign is going to say on May:

'Free Doctor Consultancy'
and
'Free Medicine'

Eirin ftw XD.
Lenrir59

Postby chibi_moolight on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:32 pm

ok now please dont judge me lol i never held no signs up just was like can i have a pic and then sometimes a quick hug but i had alot of friends at expo who were holding up stuff and the 12 year old girl your all refering to would be my friend and on her behalf i truely apologise and i had a big rant with my brother and his friend about this on the way home and i kept saying the exact same thing it's a family event there is no need to degrade yourself and there was also another friend of mine who did the same thing with the "free snog" and it was purely because they have no intrest in anime or sci-fi or any of the resons that you go expo so amused themselves with the "free hugs and kisses"lol and yep im not proud but two boys asked and the two of them agreed i know it was wrong but to be fair i wasnt there to stop it i was with my other friend talking to some people and yes i completly agree with you i am truely sorry i will tell them your veiws and mine and ask them to kindly not do this in the future as it is a family event and once more i apologise
chibi_moolight

Postby Takk-Chan on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:05 pm

Did anyone see the guy with the ''free sex'' sign with a ichigo cosplayer?
They both came up to me with there peice's of paper, and both asked for a hug, which i was totaly okay with, and then the person that was with the ichigo cosplayer [i dont think he was in costume] turns his sign round and is like ''free sex'' and i just said, no ta im good, and started to walk of, when he comes up from behind and was like *grab* and goes ''oh come on foxy'' [that was a bit of a pun from him cause i was naruto in a box - fox in a box] and tbh, i still dont know whether it was a joke or what.. o_o''

But i totaly agree that the free rape/sex/whatever signs should be ban, and that if people are gonna have signs they should be checked by the some one or other befor there alowed to go running around sticking them in peoples faces and touching up inocent naruto cosplayers.
Takk-Chan

Postby Arkayen on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:06 pm

The chibi pyramid head had the 4chan "rape o'clock" sign which tbh sums up pyramid head but the joke about rape is not funny. The people who carried those signs should be ashamed and pray it never happens to them. It also sends out the wrong signals.

In the words of Harry Hill:
"GROW UP!"
MCM Expo Message Board Moderator

Arkayen
Board Moderator

Postby red pill on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:14 pm

Takk-Chan wrote:Did anyone see the guy with the ''free sex'' sign with a ichigo cosplayer?
They both came up to me with there peice's of paper, and both asked for a hug, which i was totaly okay with, and then the person that was with the ichigo cosplayer [i dont think he was in costume] turns his sign round and is like ''free sex'' and i just said, no ta im good, and started to walk of, when he comes up from behind and was like *grab* and goes ''oh come on foxy'' [that was a bit of a pun from him cause i was naruto in a box - fox in a box] and tbh, i still dont know whether it was a joke or what.. o_o''

But i totaly agree that the free rape/sex/whatever signs should be ban, and that if people are gonna have signs they should be checked by the some one or other befor there alowed to go running around sticking them in peoples faces and touching up inocent naruto cosplayers.

thats...well...quite a bit over the line. i mean, even the people with free hugs signs i asked. just grabbing you...(and i asume by grab you mean *grab* rather then tuggin in your arm...) well...yea. : /.

course, i could be wrong, althoug its still a little wired.

and, for the record, the guy who took up the free songs offer infrount of his gf was an idiot. i dont have an issue with free snogs (mabby im just wired) but free sex is a little...yea, and free rape, well...(i also have a defnintina issue with free rape, but there you go). i didnt see any free sex signs, sept for crossed out ones, witch i was cool with. i found it funny.
red pill

Postby Takk-Chan on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:27 pm

red pill wrote:
thats...well...quite a bit over the line. i mean, even the people with free hugs signs i asked. just grabbing you...(and i asume by grab you mean *grab* rather then tuggin in your arm...) well...yea. : /.

I dont meen the grab by the arm kinda grab. >__<''
its also pretty degrading for some people, seeing as im only 14 [okay i dont really look my age i look a bit old] but this guy was about 17... ¬_¬
Last edited by Takk-Chan on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Takk-Chan

Postby ShurikenFire on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:33 pm

Two things

Do '. off free hugger + glomper' signs, or just simply have the Admin or a mod or someone actually announce on the forum or at the next expo something like :

'This event respects the right to remove public material (A.K.A the free sex signs) which would be deemed unsuitable for a family event'
Image Lil Rick.
ShurikenFire

Postby Arkayen on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:47 pm

I agree - they should be banned!
MCM Expo Message Board Moderator

Arkayen
Board Moderator

Postby red pill on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:51 pm

Takk-Chan wrote:
red pill wrote:

its also pretty degrading for some people, seeing as im only 14 [okay i dont really look my age i look a bit old] but this guy was about 17... ¬_¬

thats what i thougt. its wired. i cant think of anyone i would do that (bar a few people, who i know quite well) at random in public. did you kick him in the crotch? cos that would have been fair...
red pill

Postby Floof on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:54 pm

The thing about the alternate "non-free hugs" signs was that there WERE novelty and different.
You'd see 20 "free hugs" and then ONE "free smex", and thats all fine and dandy and worth a "ZOMG free smexzors?! Lawl!"

But now the novelty's worn off and it's just overkill. I even feel embarassed for them, since they don't seem to have much decency of their own.
ಠ_ಠ

Floof

Postby Lenrir59 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:59 pm

Arkayen wrote:The chibi pyramid head had the 4chan "rape o'clock" sign which tbh sums up pyramid head but the joke about rape is not funny. The people who carried those signs should be ashamed and pray it never happens to them. It also sends out the wrong signals.

In the words of Harry Hill:
"GROW UP!"

I know that Pyramid head, it makes sense for someone like HIM to hold it because, lets be frank, it sums up Pyramid head in a nutshell. The ones carrying the 'free rape' signs however..isn't right.

Millenia wrote:

lol, maybe we should add 'Free Counselling for Glompees'

LOL! I might do that for a sign too XD.
Lenrir59

Postby Shinji Ikari on Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:46 pm

From the informashion I aquired the free snogs one was giving full on snogs to anyone no matter how old they was even kids and theses were full on ones not a peck on the cheek

and it highly orfended a lot of people
Shinji Ikari

Postby Noire on Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:57 pm

Just give staff the power to confiscate inappropriate material from people when they attend. Not everyone comes on the forums and such so you can't really expect this message to get through to everyone. Just remove them, give a stern warning, then carry on...
Noire

Postby Takk-Chan on Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:58 pm

red pill wrote:
Takk-Chan wrote:
red pill wrote:

thats what i thougt. its wired. i cant think of anyone i would do that (bar a few people, who i know quite well) at random in public. did you kick him in the crotch? cos that would have been fair...

Nahh, i didnt wanna cause any trouble, and i didnt really wanna stoop that low, so i just walked of once i got free. ¬_¬
but if he has the cheek to do it next expo ill make sure he wount be able walk for a few days.
Takk-Chan

Postby Leavian on Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:04 pm

I saw some guys with "20p to slap me" i was tempted to take them up on it after all the dodgy signs i saw. I don't mind if people ask for hugs but some got REALLY assy when my girlfriend said no.
Hugs = k
anything more than that = kick in the .
I mean there are little kids there man it's not right people should have some concideration for family's.
Leavian

Postby ShurikenFire on Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:18 pm

"Yes yes, mhm yes, so what you're saying is, you have a veeerrrry obsessive attitude with getting human contact that you try to force yourself on people at this graceful event? You sir should be removed from the premises, the psychiatrist has spoken!"

BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN
Image Lil Rick.
ShurikenFire

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - OCTOBER 2008