The Shout Out Thread!

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

The Shout Out Thread!

Postby Rufus Kun on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:17 pm

use this thread if you wish to say anything to anyone about expo!

I'd like to say a big thanks to the Random Accent regulars (Clone, Leadmill, Alias, Sj, Efia) for being there and putting up with me for the weekend! Ryaoki for being the hilarious guy he is and taking being battered with a bokken in the shower like a man. Em and Al (this is Russell btw :P) you two are great, it was awesome meeting you both and hanging out for the weekend! i need your deviantarts or something. (rufus-chamberlain.deviantart.com)

I wouldn't have been able to make it to expo without Trey-kun - Thank you so much for letting me stay with you :) you're a really friendly guy and made a great ichigo! the sword should build up your upper body :P

A special shout out to Zombie Jesus - thanks for the cigarettes dude!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

in the end I'd just like to say oi mush, f**k off. who do you think you are? dun ew look at me like that I'll do ew f**kin car.

I said oi mush, f**k offfff, who do you think you are? you big fat wigged up B*stard, I'll do ew f**kin car!
Rufus Kun

Re: The Shout Out Thread!

Postby Lenrir59 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:21 pm

Shout-out to RQL for getting me the room in Ibis XD.

Another Shout-out to Ross (Ichigo) and Jo for rocking with me for most of Saturday XD.

Lauren, Renji, Joey, plus the usual London Meet-up group, ROCK ON!

Special Shout-out for Kawatan for cosplaying Yuyuko and being the ONLY touhou cosplayer for the weekend! I will be joining you in May as Eirin so fear not! XD

Finally, ultra special shoutout to certain special friends. Emmie,Steph,Paz,Mike,Rebecca, and especially, Hannah (cameno on this) for bearing with this crazy man XD.
Lenrir59

Postby ruka on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:24 pm

admstyles definitely. :roll:

all my ddr playing buddies, rwr, merc, rmo, blue and whoever. grats on the result. was fun to hang out with you guys. OH, and keshi. I love you too.

and loli, you looked awesome :>

uhhm. all the random fangirls that ran up to me and creeped me the hell out/asked for pictures/drew fan art for me. you guys are insane, but hella funny.

The girls I chilled with on sunday, you guys were awesome. I went to the expo alone and hungover and ended up with some decent people :shock:

rafe and L, . yeah staying up all night partying and going to the expo at 5:30 AM dressed up, while everyone stares at us, fun times!

link and midna (ambiguous zelda character whos name I now remember) :lol:

and everyone else I met.
ruka

Postby Yamakaze on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:29 pm

These are the first three of many ...

The guy who was selling thosae dirt cheap Star Wars minis.
The guy with the £1 Dragonball figures
Berserk667 - What an amazing Franky/Falcon and generally good bloke. "Look! Wind effect! Take a picture!"

*laughs*
Telford Expo 2010
Barry the Chopper, Human (FMA)
Yamakaze

Postby xblackravenx on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:32 pm

to my canterbury ed, u were such a laugh at the ball and the reason i was there in the first place !
to may sasuke, didnt think i would run into u again this time
to dirty smoker chii from the ball, u were such a laugh to hang with outside
xblackravenx

Postby sarahtsang123 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:43 pm

Shout outs

-The really tall girl who dressed up with green and other coloured hair and green umbrella and other awesomeness...Your style was awesoome..
- David Bowie and his girlfriend(erm...sorry if she isnt...)- You guys were cool to talk to..thanks for hug coz we both liked dir en grey hahah.
- Hide cosplayer- Ahh, i never seen a band member cosplay and(someone who is dead)...Hide was an awesome guitarist in x japan...you made my day!.
-Emeraldstarlight- For talking to us at the ball, and you was just so awesome....and that 2nd costume you had
-The two erm..cant explain....so i will show a photo..Weeble and Bob?...ahhaha when i first saw you guys it just made me laugh and it made me happy/
-all the storm troopers!= Because you are all full of randomness and awesomness
-No face- For being funny and the first cosplay i seen and took a picture of .... i wanted to hug you...i kept seeing you everywhere haha
-All the Jokers(even though i couldnt take a photo..)- Ahh :(....
- The dude who i gave a free hug to...haha. - You're wicked ..i think he was in Naruto cosplay...thanks for letting me hug you..twice haha
-Jason Cosplayer- Ahhh, you was awesome...I loved your mask
-Alien and Predetor cosplayers..- you guys scared me :)
-The guy who had a cigarette in his mouth and scared my friend when my friend wanted a free hug hahah..that made me laugh xD....you scared my brother haha...and every time he saw you..he wanted to walk somewhere else hahah..
- Fred for asking my friend to dance at the ball...i dont know why i found it hysterical.....sorry if you was really embarrased!!.
-Freds Friend- Your costume was really cool and the stitching on your head..and talking to us at the ball :)
-My friends i went with, even though we were all tired...because of the jumping on the beds and scaring eachother back at home.....ahahha. I love you guys! It was really random and fun even though we kept losing eachother D=
Last edited by sarahtsang123 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RAWR
sarahtsang123

Postby xblackravenx on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:56 pm

sarahtsang123 wrote:

-The two erm..cant explain....so i will show a photo..

weeble and bob !
xblackravenx

Postby Emochris on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:04 pm

Shout out to all the expoers and expo staff!!!!

Drop The Bomb!! Booom!!! (Been watching Pimp My Ride UK lol)
Manchester Comic-con '13
Emochris

Postby sjbonnar on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:09 pm

I want to start with a shout-out to the awesome Random Accent, you were, as always, amazing! (That's Efia, Leadmill, Alias.com, Water_Clone and Rufus-kun).

Aim, Rufus, we're not REALLY parasites are we? LMAO

Then;
- Extra one for Efia. You were amazing all weekend honey. Thank you so much for everything you did for me!
- Mtani and Mysterious Fayth. STILL didn't get enough time with you two ^_^
- Arkayen. Your antics at the ball really got the crowd going and made our gig much more successful.
- Selph. Genevieve was great and hanging out was fun!
- xblackravenx. You REALLY made my night when you came up to me and asked for an album!
- Kellyjane. FINALLY we got to speak LOL Your costumes were fantastic and your kind words made me really happy!
- Ilpala, Granny Gertrude, Ailsa-chan, Lunar-kitten and everyone else involved in the cosplay side of things. You were fantastic. It was amazingly run and you made me laugh.
- Ryaoki. Little bro, you were crazy and funny as always!
- Everyone who told me they had been actively searching for us Steampunks. You made us feel fantastic! That includes everyone asking about Flight of the Valkyrie, it'll hopefully get published someday!
- Martin and Steve from the sound crew. Thanks for helping so much with everything. You were fantastic!
- Leanne (forgot your SN!) we will talk more next time! Promise LOL
- EmeraldStarlight (I hope I got that right Angela!) for being awesome at the Ball and having two great costumes! Plus took some excellent photos!
- Nadesico81 for the photoshoot. This goes for Red-kun and TGRH's father as well ^_^
- The BattleSister cosplayer for complimenting me on my costume when her own was so damned fantastic!
sjbonnar

Postby Celahir on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:15 pm

Everybody who was in the Apartments! As well as everyone i seen around expo! I'm sure you all know who you are :D
Celahir

Postby xblackravenx on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:20 pm

lol i got to add a shout out to sean for putting up with tom yelling at him at the ball lol :lol:
xblackravenx

Postby sjbonnar on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:26 pm

xblackravenx wrote:lol i got to add a shout out to sean for putting up with tom yelling at him at the ball lol :lol:

LOL He was doing it DURING songs! How was I meant to reply!? LMAO When I did get a chance, it was fun though LOL
sjbonnar

Postby MsBushido on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:28 pm

Wanna say a big hey to all the people i shouted out or chatted to on Saturday i was the crazed steward with the brown and pink hair (hannah (james (jay)))< my names due to a badge swap. All the people who waited so patiently to speak to greg and entertained me while i was on crowd control especially dante and buzz (if your on here message me plz)

and all the stewards who i worked with on the day you were all amazing and worked so hard massive thanks to gary james n co for making the heros table such a laugh lets talk more ok, oh and chip for learning all our names great guy!

love all of you expo goers it just gets better each year xxx
MsBushido

Postby red pill on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:34 pm

i want to give a shout out to all the peeps who talked to me, the tokyo toys guys, with home i had an epic war of a word, too the peeps who kept comeing back to talk to me, and to everyone who brought stuff from me. and everyone who posed for a pic for me. it was great seeing everyone! :D
red pill

Postby Izzi-chan on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:44 pm

red pill wrote:i want to give a shout out to all the peeps who talked to me, the tokyo toys guys, with home i had an epic war of a word, too the peeps who kept comeing back to talk to me, and to everyone who brought stuff from me. and everyone who posed for a pic for me. it was great seeing everyone! :D

I think we were one of those who talked to you loads, and you took photos. Please say you have a DA or something where I can find the photos, cos i haven't found any anywhere.
Just so you know, we were the fruits basket group with Kyo, Tohru and Yuki. We came back later with Kakashi, Lelouch and Soubi. Busty says she loves her bag and thank you muchly.

Also, mega shout outs to everyone featured in the epic Friday night 3rd floor Trioka-fest at the PTI, and to anyone who ran up to us knowing we were the otaku trioka.
The fact that our business cards became like trading cards was beyond epic.
Last edited by Izzi-chan on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Izzi-chan

Postby EmeraldStarlight on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:51 pm

well i'll have to start with the organisers, without them the expo wouldn't be happening. we all know they get stuff wrong sometimes, but they're only human and lets hope they've learnt from those few not so great experiences and make the expo even more epic in the future ^^

to all of you that i got to meet and talk to at the ball, you people were awsome and you made my night (possibly the best night of my life so far.....or the worst, depends on how i look at it... :wink: ). special thanks to Kaname, Balthier and Zidane (i don't know who they are cosplayed by ...^^;) whom i dragged to dance with me at the ball ;p

also to sjbonnar (omg you actually remembered who i am ^^ ) and all of his people, you all really nice and you had great costumes. the band's music was the only good music there (but next time, less sad more happy ;p ) sunday steampunk totally rocks!

last but not least, my friends who had to put up with me and my insanity for over 48 hours ;p

i hope to see you all at the next expo ^^
EmeraldStarlight

Postby Leonie Heartilly on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:16 am

Shout out to Silver for being so friendly and running around after the FF cosplayers.

Also to Seph who I unfortunately didn't see on the day but I had so many compliments on the wonderful Selphie wig she made for me =D
Leonie Heartilly

Postby Goka on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:09 am

I wanna give a massive shout out to all the staff and a couple of cosplayers from the Sunday event.

The guy who went as Broly, i kept running into him and he was so awesome, dude if you read this contact me sometime. I'd really like to talk..idk lol

And finally to the guy who cosplayed as Tsubaki from Soul Eater. You were awesome to talk to, if you read this also contact me too.

Also also

Im just gonna give a massive shout out to everyone from the Sunday Event, all the cosplayers were awesome the staff were excellent as always and everyone made the whole day awesome.

ps. in case anyone wonders who i was, i was dressed up as the none beaten up SSJ Goku :3
Goka

Postby red pill on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:04 am

Izzi-chan wrote:
red pill wrote:i want to give a shout out to all the peeps who talked to me, the tokyo toys guys, with home i had an epic war of a word, too the peeps who kept comeing back to talk to me, and to everyone who brought stuff from me. and everyone who posed for a pic for me. it was great seeing everyone! :D

I think we were one of those who talked to you loads, and you took photos. Please say you have a DA or something where I can find the photos, cos i haven't found any anywhere.
Just so you know, we were the fruits basket group with Kyo, Tohru and Yuki. We came back later with Kakashi, Lelouch and Soubi. Busty says she loves her bag and thank you muchly.

\o/

and i have http://www.metapill.co.uk/pictures/expo%20and%20stuff/ with all my photoss (and some completly unralated ones)

i rember you guys. and my epic failor to recongise you ><. :D
red pill

Postby Then I Bit Your Face on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:51 am

I'd like to give a shout out to:

Chibi L (Stuart): For being so generally adorable and doing awesome during the masquerade (His face when he met Brad was just pure awwwwwwwwwww)

Other L: For semi glomping me and apologizing for One Piece being canceled and letting me molest him (Yaoi next time, k?)

The guy who cosplayed as Al: Thanks for the double photo and that costume was awesome ^^

The Kiskue at the shop: For being totally awesome with the photo and taking me to get my second photo with Al

Brad Swaile: For turning up and signing me RX-78 plushies foot

The Stormtroopers: Just being awesome

The blond guy in the Organisation 13 outfit: For the Hug

The Disability Services woman: For being so very nice and helpful, you are a credit to the team

The Fox Dude From Bleach for the photo and love

My Mother: For taking us there, waiting the whole time and getting dragged into the Islam thing in the process

Oh and Dan: First person I met at Expo, said he was gonna be Shuichi but I never saw him after that, shame wanted a photo
Last edited by Then I Bit Your Face on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saturday - 11th Doctor
Then I Bit Your Face

Postby Anne Drogenous on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:03 am

Rufus Kun wrote:A special shout out to Zombie Jesus - thanks for the cigarettes dude!

No problem, babycakes.
I'm still looking for a small bag of Solace. I can't even find a Quantum.
D:
Anne Drogenous

Postby Lloyd_Irving on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:05 am

I can't believe I forgot his name.

But I wanna give a shout to the guy in room 314 at Premier who let me sleep in his room after I tried sleeping in the lobby, due to roommate issues.

Also a shout to Dan and Al in room 516 I think it was. Thanks for being so nice about everything, and for a great night, and you're both really cool people and you're so cute together x3 And thanks Al for the bottle of Coke, I was DYING of thirst.

Thanks to my mate Joe in room 225, he cosplayed L both days. I dunno if he comes on here but yeah, he's never on MSN and I can't text him, but thanks for letting me stay in your room for a couple hours while . was going down in my room.

There were some really fun girls on floor 1 or 2 as well who were running in the corridor throwing sugar packets and milk and stuff that made me LOL, so yeah, shout for them too.

And some Geordie guy I spoke to on the early hours of Saturday in the lobby, he was cool.

And all the lobby sleepers on Saturday evening/Sunday morning, who's names I forget and didn't get any addies or anything, you were all awesome xD
BRING ON MAY
Lloyd_Irving

Postby rue on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:22 am

I'd like to thank the girl with the scythe in the Masq line (I'm sooo sorry, I didn't get your name! :s I don't even remember your cosplay name! Sorreeee!! >_<) for keeping me sane in my first ever masquerade; if i didn't talk with someone, I probably would have either fainted or exploded... @_@ We exchanged mobile numbers, tho :D Yayness ^___^v
Arnold 'Schmucko' Rimmer
rue

Postby Tonyo on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:23 pm

I'd like to give a big shout out to everyone! All my friends I met up with over the weekend, all my new friends I made, all the cosplayers who make the Expo immense, to the kind Stewards who helped and guided us all, Joe for dressing up as Ash, Stewart who gave me Pocky, and everyone who came and gave Santa a hug and wished me merry christmas, and a special thanks to those who gave me their christmas letters.

YOU'RE ALL EPIC.
Tonyo

Postby Izzi-chan on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:49 pm

red pill wrote:
Izzi-chan wrote:

\o/

and i have http://www.metapill.co.uk/pictures/expo%20and%20stuff/ with all my photoss (and some completly unralated ones)

i rember you guys. and my epic failor to recongise you ><. :D

aww, thank you so much. *showers with eternal gratitude*
Izzi-chan

Next

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - OCTOBER 2008