The other event...

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Re: The other event...

Postby Anne Drogenous on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:56 pm

MisaMisa wrote:I heard lots about the jews.

OFFTOPIC:
I'm ZombieJesus.
I've heard enough of the Jews.
lulululululbadpun.
Anne Drogenous

Postby Kawatan on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:59 pm

Wow, I heard people were being bag checked and there was some conflict but I didn't think it was this bad.
Kawatan

Postby Yatak on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:06 pm

i got a couple of dirty looks but this is to be expected from anyone who doesnt really understand cosplaying. There is always a minority that ruins things in all communities of the world, as for the stabbings at a peace con... Big lol and i hope whoever was injured gets better soon!

What really grinds my skin the wrong way is when people who expect other countries to adapt to their beliefs and expect to make no changes them selves. That really . me off.

All in all i had no real trouble apart from one teenage nob who tried to grab my sword, i told him to go **** himself which made him look a bit scared and he walked away, My experience may be due to the fact that i was carrying a big wooden stick about, and that lets face it, im quite a big lad.

Lets hope they try to not clash such things in the future.
Yatak

Postby shunasassie on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:07 pm

Arkayen wrote:
SamW89 wrote:I know one girl, won't name her, got called a "dirty f*cking goth" by an attendee of the other event, the person in question then pulled the poor girl's hair back, unprovoked.

There were numerous disputes and scuffles caused by them that I heard of, and there was even talk that someone got stabbed outside the steps on Saturday evening.

Oh name her - I know she loves taking no . from people like that.

Arkayen I will name myself

yep that was me that got call "dirty f*cking goth" & a few other things from her mates that I am used to hearing from chavs, anyway when I punch the girl that pulled my hair, it just turned into a doging each other up competition till they move out of my way so I could get my chicken & chips, I bet they didnt think I would retaliate the way I did.

The other event put me of in going into the expo itself, but when I was in expo looking around some people from the other event was just giving some of the Dealer abuse.
If I had a tail, I'd be chasing it

shunasassie

Postby crippsy_99 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:18 pm

I saw several people with "soldiers of allah" and "burn the infedels" on their tshirts or some had banners with it on. Others had flags that you see on the news when reporting about the taliban and other terrorists..makes you wonder how many of them were extremists, and I bet the event itself was a front for some secret meeting!!

I said would have been funny if it had been a stargate con, or better yet I know they do a military show in excel each year..imagine several hundred people in military uniform and realistic (or real) weapons clashing head to head with that lot..the thames would have run red with blood!
Con-a-holic and proud!
<i>Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.</i>
crippsy_99

Postby EmeraldStarlight on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:19 pm

wow i didn't think it was that bad. while i was having a rest, i heard a guy behind me telling a little boy that this was the witches convention about 5 times in the space of a minute.
EmeraldStarlight

Postby kitty_yachiru on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:23 pm

apart from me and a friend being asked 'why are you here' kinda rudely by some young kids that was really the only problem we had!
in fact a few people from the other convention actually asked me what was going on, and recognised it to be characters from manga series, and was intrested in who i was cosplaying...
in all honestly i was more offended by some of the MCMcon-goers, i found peoples reactions to the other event kinda ignorant and rude...and i was also more annoyed by the little kids behind me screaming for yaoi, and shouting out everytime they saw a cosplay they knew in the queue sunday morning, than the thought of being ''attacked' by people of a different faith...
i think excel handled the situation the best they could.. i didnt find it over crowded at all... its always been a busy place..its built to hold more than one convention at a time... but then again i dont get too botherd over stuff like that..i was more put off by the price of food in the shops XD

haha, thinking about it, im sure alot of them are on a forum somewhere complaining about our behaviour, and wondering . was goign on XD
Mooooo? OH!! Moooooooo
kitty_yachiru

Postby SephNoir on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:24 pm

shunasassie wrote:
Arkayen wrote:
SamW89 wrote:I know one girl, won't name her, got called a "dirty f*cking goth" by an attendee of the other event, the person in question then pulled the poor girl's hair back, unprovoked.

There were numerous disputes and scuffles caused by them that I heard of, and there was even talk that someone got stabbed outside the steps on Saturday evening.

Oh name her - I know she loves taking no . from people like that.

Arkayen I will name myself

yep that was me that got call "dirty f*cking goth" & a few other things from her mates that I am used to hearing from chavs, anyway when I punch the girl that pulled my hair, it just turned into a doging each other up competition till they move out of my way so I could get my chicken & chips, I bet they didnt think I would retaliate the way I did.

The other event put me of in going into the expo itself, but when I was in expo looking around some people from the other event was just giving some of the Dealer abuse.

*High fives* I must say I'm glad she got what she deserved. Good to know you're ok too, I dread to think what would've happened if it was someone who couldn't look after themselves as well as you can, I saw some pretty young girls at expo wearing goth/punk clothes. Anime and manga fans are probably the most non-violent group of people I know yet just because we do something that's different we're the ones who gets all the . from other people.

I feel sorry for the dealers, it's not like they're even in costumes or anything they're just there to try and make a big of money.
SephNoir

Postby MochiMoto on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:26 pm

I bumped into a co-worker, she was attending the 'other' event, I was told to move by the hosts of that event, i was on the wrong side of the room apparently.... I'll keep my oppinions about it all to myself, but i will say this, did you see how many kids from 'that' side ended up with light sabers and other expo related items, then think about how many of us ended up 'coverting' i think we can say that our event won :P i mean we didn't even have to resort to a 'fun fair' to attract our crowd.
the thing i thinks strange despite the over crowding almost none of the photos i've seen would even suggest that even even happened.
they more or less left me alone, and I left them alone, but their expo ended later then ours so i started to feel uncomfortable as the night rolled in. Dirty looks and mumbled insults, oh well I looked good in my casual cosplay :P

I got dirty looks from parents but had the kids begging them for photos with us, Hopefully we converted a few of the kids to our side XP
MochiMoto

Postby Anne Drogenous on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:27 pm

kitty_yachiru wrote:apart from me and a friend being asked 'why are you here' kinda rudely by some young kids that was really the only problem we had!

I got that one too!
I was in my normal clothes on the Saturday and this group approached me, all looked around 16-18 years old, and all looked pretty angry, so at this point, I decided that it was a superb idea to get a big wooden sword.
But one of them was all like "Who do you think you are? Why are you here? Why do you do this?" and I was like "lulwhut?" until they walked off.
Shoulda caught me Sunday, I woulda growled at them.
<3
Anne Drogenous

Postby Reser on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:28 pm

crippsy_99 wrote:I saw several people with "soldiers of allah" and "burn the infedels" on their tshirts or some had banners with it on. Others had flags that you see on the news when reporting about the taliban and other terrorists..makes you wonder how many of them were extremists, and I bet the event itself was a front for some secret meeting!!

I said would have been funny if it had been a stargate con, or better yet I know they do a military show in excel each year..imagine several hundred people in military uniform and realistic (or real) weapons clashing head to head with that lot..the thames would have run red with blood!

Doing a bit of googling around i came across a report on what the 2005 'Peace and Unity' event was like

Just before going back to the USA after five months in the UK I attended the �Global Peace and Unity� Conference at London�s Excel Centre presented by the new Islam Channel and sponsored by Emirates Airlines, Western Union (hmm??) and the Metropolitan Police.

It was advertised as a diverse event to which non-Muslims were invited and the impression one got from the website was of a celebration of Middle Eastern culture, food, music and children�s activities in a London milieu.

To my utter horror -- and I should have written this report two days ago but my physical and emotional shock have rendered me nearly inert -- it was a seven-hour call to Jihad by a succession of ranting and shouting rabble-rousers.

The eminent barrister Michael Mansfield QC, wearing black and white keffiyah scarf, shouted into the mike about the heinous crimes of the Western coalition countries. The crowd chanted and thundered its appreciation.

The terrifying demagogue George Galloway ascended the podium and exhorted the crowd to stand up for the redemption of the oppressed Muslim world or else the nation had better get ready for �rioting in every street in Britain.�.

Hmm.. Peace and Unity event and they are talking of rioting in every street in Britian... yeah thats .. peaceful?
Last edited by Reser on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reser

Postby Anne Drogenous on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:30 pm

Reser wrote:
Just before going back to the USA after five months in the UK I attended the �Global Peace and Unity� Conference at London�s Excel Centre presented by the new Islam Channel and sponsored by Emirates Airlines, Western Union (hmm??) and the Metropolitan Police.

It was advertised as a diverse event to which non-Muslims were invited and the impression one got from the website was of a celebration of Middle Eastern culture, food, music and children�s activities in a London milieu.

To my utter horror -- and I should have written this report two days ago but my physical and emotional shock have rendered me nearly inert -- it was a seven-hour call to Jihad by a succession of ranting and shouting rabble-rousers.

The eminent barrister Michael Mansfield QC, wearing black and white keffiyah scarf, shouted into the mike about the heinous crimes of the Western coalition countries. The crowd chanted and thundered its appreciation.

The terrifying demagogue George Galloway ascended the podium and exhorted the crowd to stand up for the redemption of the oppressed Muslim world or else the nation had better get ready for �rioting in every street in Britain.�.

hmm

Rioting in every street of Britain, you say?
Ok, I'm assuming that I'm not the only one here who will go down fighing?
x3
Anne Drogenous

Postby Thundy on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:33 pm

Anne Drogenous wrote:
Reser wrote:

hmm

Rioting in every street of Britain, you say?
x3

Fighting Zombie Jesus?

I would pay to see that turned into a film XD
I don't know what to fill my 50 characters with
Thundy

Postby Anne Drogenous on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:35 pm

Thundy wrote:
Anne Drogenous wrote:Rioting in every street of Britain, you say?
x3

Fighting Zombie Jesus?

It's already a film.
But the Developer, the Director, and, in fact, the whole crew, asploded from sheer awesome after watching it all the way through.
It's like that Ring movie, only less creepy, and with 60% less pedophilia.
<3
Anne Drogenous

Postby Thundy on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:37 pm

Anne Drogenous wrote:
Thundy wrote:
x3

Fighting Zombie Jesus?

It's already a film.
But the Developer, the Director, and, in fact, the whole crew, asploded from sheer awesome after watching it all the way through.
<3

Let me know when the double disk DVD comes out =D I will buy every copy and watch them all at once.
Thundy

Postby Anne Drogenous on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:40 pm

Thundy wrote:
Anne Drogenous wrote:
Thundy wrote:Fighting Zombie Jesus?

It's already a film.
<3

Let me know when the double disk DVD comes out =D I will buy every copy and watch them all at once.

I'm pretty sure that would rend a hole in the universe, and unleash Cthulhu.
Either that, or it would unleash a yaoi fanfic writer with a bondage obsession.
Either one just as bad.
Anne Drogenous

Postby SamW89 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:43 pm

This is the e-mail I just sent to the ExCel feedback address.

"Whilst attending the MCM Expo over this weekend, I noted that myself and many other attendees of the convention had verbal abuse hurled at us by those attending the Peace and Unity event. As I'm sure you're aware, there were also more severe incidents involving those groups around the ExCel center and it's surrounding area, including a stabbing which prompted bag checks on the Sunday.

In general, myself and many other attendees of the MCM Expo found the attendees of the Peace and Unity event to be very rude and confrontational, with a complete lack of respect for anyone other than themselves. Though, to be blunt, I doubt many of them can respect themselves, considering the obsenities that came out of certain individuals mouths.

It is my suggestion that this group be blacklisted and banned from hosting any further events at the ExCel center. They were showing everything apart from Peace and Unity and made everyone's experience of the weekend tainted due to their unacceptable behaviour.

Thank you."
SamW89

Postby xblackravenx on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:44 pm

Thundy wrote:
x3

Fighting Zombie Jesus?

im reminded of family guys "passion of the christ 2"
xblackravenx

Postby Moozman on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:52 pm

Any of you like to search "Global Peace and Unity 2008" in youtube and see what the top result is?
I think the results would be a present surprise.

Moozman
Moozman

Postby fia_x on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:54 pm

Moozman wrote:Any of you like to search "Global Peace and Unity 2008" in youtube and see what the top result is?

Moozman

My youtube broke :D
Well, my PC hates it.
Enlighten me.
fia_x

Postby Thundy on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:58 pm

Moozman wrote:Any of you like to search "Global Peace and Unity 2008" in youtube and see what the top result is?

Moozman

Oh wow. There are no words to actually properly describe that.
Thundy

Postby Anne Drogenous on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:59 pm

Moozman

You have to be ferking joking me.
No way.
Last edited by Anne Drogenous on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anne Drogenous

Postby rue on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:59 pm

Moozman

O_o...
*cue tha tumbleweed...*
Arnold 'Schmucko' Rimmer
rue

Postby Reser on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:01 pm

Moozman

First Youtube result :

Evil of GPU Deception of Global Peace and Unity 2008

lol....
Reser

Postby Anne Drogenous on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:03 pm

Reser wrote:

Moozman

First Youtube result :

Evil of GPU Deception of Global Peace and Unity 2008

lol....

Srsly though, watch it and that was recorded before the event.
They didn't even know we were going to be there.
No wonder they were .; they hated the idea of the event anyway,
And then these retards with fake swords and big hair turn up. xD
Anne Drogenous

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - OCTOBER 2008