The other event...

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Re: The other event...

Postby fia_x on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:05 pm

Anne Drogenous wrote:
Reser wrote:
Moozman wrote:Any of you like to search "Global Peace and Unity 2008" in youtube and see what the top result is?
I think the results would be a present surprise.

Moozman

First Youtube result :

Evil of GPU Deception of Global Peace and Unity 2008

lol....

Srsly though, watch it and that was recorded before the event.
They didn't even know we were going to be there.
No wonder they were .; they hated the idea of the event anyway,
And then these retards with fake swords and big hair turn up. xD

I rofl'd my waffle so hard.
Oh so hard.

Well then, their event was a failure anyway.

Their just bitter and jeleous because they couldn't join our expo *pokes out tongue*
*exert 6 year old brainwave*
fia_x

Postby Moozman on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:06 pm

Anne Drogenous wrote:Srsly though, watch it and that was recorded before the event.

Moozman
Moozman

Postby Reser on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:07 pm

Anne Drogenous wrote:
Reser wrote:
Moozman wrote:Any of you like to search "Global Peace and Unity 2008" in youtube and see what the top result is?

Moozman

First Youtube result :

Evil of GPU Deception of Global Peace and Unity 2008

lol....

Srsly though, watch it and that was recorded before the event.

LoL well the people who go to the event don't hate the idea of it, the guy seems to be saying hte people who go to those events are going against the teachings of Islam e.t.c e.t.c
Reser

Postby Arkayen on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:09 pm

:O

Not much I can add to that - Im sure we all feel the same. Its so sad. This is why I dont have a religion but a faith...
MCM Expo Message Board Moderator

Arkayen
Board Moderator

Postby sjbonnar on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:09 pm

Moozman

*laughs*

Thanks Mooz, I needed that!

To be honest, I got nothing but negativity from them and I kept hearing harsh remarks and getting pushed around. I was NOT happy!
sjbonnar

Postby fia_x on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:11 pm

Arkayen wrote::O

Not much I can add to that - Im sure we all feel the same. Its so sad. This is why I dont have a religion but a faith...

I like you (:
xD

*Exert pervert*

Nah, I kid I kid.
I like the way you put that into words.
fia_x

Postby Anne Drogenous on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:13 pm

fia_x wrote:

I like you (:
xD

*Exert pervert*

Nah, I kid I kid.

Seconded.
Never really thought of Faith and Religion as two separate options.
<3
Anne Drogenous

Postby SamW89 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:24 pm

The idea of having faith and religion as two seperate things was probably the best point put across in Dogma. (Yes, I really do take up any chance to plug Kevin Smith movies - now go watch Jersey Girl! All of you! >=D)
SamW89

Postby Moozman on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:24 pm

Anne Drogenous wrote:
fia_x wrote:

I like you (:
xD

*Exert pervert*

Nah, I kid I kid.

Seconded.
Never really thought of Faith and Religion as two separate options.
<3

Nuff said

WHY OH WHY WAS THIS NOT DONE THIS EXPO?????

Moozman
Moozman

Postby shunasassie on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:26 pm

SephNoir wrote:
shunasassie wrote:Arkayen I will name myself

yep that was me that got call "dirty f*cking goth" & a few other things from her mates that I am used to hearing from chavs, anyway when I punch the girl that pulled my hair, it just turned into a doging each other up competition till they move out of my way so I could get my chicken & chips, I bet they didnt think I would retaliate the way I did.

The other event put me of in going into the expo itself, but when I was in expo looking around some people from the other event was just giving some of the Dealer abuse.

*High fives* I must say I'm glad she got what she deserved. Good to know you're ok too, I dread to think what would've happened if it was someone who couldn't look after themselves as well as you can, I saw some pretty young girls at expo wearing goth/punk clothes. Anime and manga fans are probably the most non-violent group of people I know yet just because we do something that's different we're the ones who gets all the . from other people.

I feel sorry for the dealers, it's not like they're even in costumes or anything they're just there to try and make a big of money.

geuss they learn never get in a way of me & my food.

I bet they been shouting abuse & stuff at people all night & didnt think anyone would dair fight back, as most anime/manga are softies & wouldn't dair retaliate incase off making things worst.
simpley put. some people fear what is different & will aways change what they fear, if they cant change it then its evil to them & needs to be desroty.

Moozman

I LOLED
If I had a tail, I'd be chasing it

shunasassie

Postby Fullmetal_Dani on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:36 pm

I got so many dirty looks from the women there when I was in I-No xD I was probably called some horrible things but shmeeehhh I dont care xD

I personally find the attitudes of the people there disgusting, and a simple visit to the chicken shop was made so much worse by them cutting in line, being rude to the men working there and generally being anti social and nasty to everyone who wasnt part of their little "Peace and Unity" bullsh*t.

Hearing now that there was violence involved makes it all so much worse too.
Fullmetal_Dani
Board Moderator

Postby Bluey-P on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:47 pm

Wow, I never experienced anything negative from the other convention, but I guess being dressed as a cute smiley fox or being in normal clothes doesn't invoke much wrath. I did get some bad vibes from one woman at Prince Regent DLR ("Are you a man? *paedophile-suspicion sneer*"), but her four kids wanted to play with the big fox so she gave up. :lol:

"Peace and Unity"? Puh. I wouldn't be surprised if ExCel never invite them back. What a joke.
London Expo attendee from 2007
Bluey-P

Postby Trialia on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:54 pm

*nod*

I did get some nasty looks and muttering, actually. I brushed it off, but it was probably my costume that caused it. I don't go to the event to be verbally abused by people I don't know, so I wasn't happy with that, but I was determined I wouldn't let them ruin my day, as it was getting bad enough already with the dislocations and all :P
Trialia

Postby Lenrir59 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:07 am

I must be lucky..All I got was positives from them...ironic because I was holding real weapons and thier eyes lit up as I drew em out XD. Peace and unity my . lol, more like WEAPONS R US.

That preacher on Sunday outside..who was saying 'DEATH TO ALL EXCEPT ISLAM' / whatever extremist stuff...yeah..I would say what I did to shut him up for 1-2 mins but I don't think it safe to say here >_>.

Lets just say I was tired, angry enough as it is and him saying something about the jews (my father is a jew and lot of his ancestors perished in the Holocaust) drew me to my final point.
Lenrir59

Postby Trialia on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:12 am

http://www.blogistan.co.uk/blog/mt.php/ ... eace_at_ex

X_X; Yes, and why were the Expo-goers not having our bags searched? Because our group were not involved in the stabbing the previous night, and we've never caused significant trouble with the venue. *shakes head in disbelief*

If she's "writing to the establishment", so should all of us who have experienced verbal abuse and such from their exhibition's group. It was a big mistake by ExCeL to let these two events be scheduled on the same weekend, even though our group were not causing trouble to the others.
Trialia

Postby Reser on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:30 am

Trialia wrote:http://www.blogistan.co.uk/blog/mt.php/2008/10/27/unity_but_not_much_peace_at_ex

X_X; Yes, and why were the Expo-goers not having our bags searched? Because our group were not involved in the stabbing the previous night, and we've never caused significant trouble with the venue. *shakes head in disbelief*

If she's "writing to the establishment", so should all of us who have experienced verbal abuse and such from their exhibition's group. It was a big mistake by ExCeL to let these two events be scheduled on the same weekend, even though our group were not causing trouble to the others.

LoL at them complaining about no Halal food being sold, are they blind? every single store in the place had a Halal menu.
Reser

Postby gebes on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:47 am

I had my bag searched when I entered on Sunday afternoon , would'nt let them scan the laptop / camera through though. But thought I'd mention I was stopped , and yes I am white.
gebes

Postby Reser on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:53 am

gebes wrote:I had my bag searched when I entered on Sunday afternoon , would'nt let them scan the laptop / camera through though. But thought I'd mention I was stopped , and yes I am white.

Did you go through the wrong doors? The left doors were for their event and right doors for ours on the sunday.
Reser

Postby gebes on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:04 am

I went in through the doors nearest the DLR side, as you come across the walkway, I did'nt see any signs telling me otherwise , nor did anyone tell me that there was seperate doors for the different events.
gebes

Postby Reser on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:15 am

gebes wrote:I went in through the doors nearest the DLR side, as you come across the walkway, I did'nt see any signs telling me otherwise , nor did anyone tell me that there was seperate doors for the different events.

Well there wasnt but it was pretty obvious when you see everyone for the con going in the right doors and the bag checkers at the left doors, I personally saw the line of peace and unity people and the bag checkers at the left doors and thought 'off to the right doors' they had people stopping peace and unity people going in the right doors too.

the bag checking was purely for the 'Peace and Unity' Event.
Reser

Postby Admin-2 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:34 am

Reser wrote:
gebes wrote:I went in through the doors nearest the DLR side, as you come across the walkway, I did'nt see any signs telling me otherwise , nor did anyone tell me that there was seperate doors for the different events.

Well there wasnt but it was pretty obvious when you see everyone for the con going in the right doors and the bag checkers at the left doors, I personally saw the line of peace and unity people and the bag checkers at the left doors and thought 'off to the right doors' they had people stopping peace and unity people going in the right doors too.

the bag checking was purely for the 'Peace and Unity' Event.

Correct it was just for that show.

I think this thread has been debating this issue enough. Excel are aware that there were issues and sometimes timing events is difficult.

I am closing the thread now. I think people will understand.
London MCM Expo - Admin~2
Admin-2
Site Admin

Previous

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - OCTOBER 2008