GPU versus MCM Expo - a Muslim's view

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Re: GPU versus MCM Expo - a Muslim's view

Postby Trialia on Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:51 pm

I just had an email from an Excel staff member in response to my complaint:

Thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedback on your experience last weekend.

Initially, it is incumbent on us to recognise the impact this had on your enjoyment of the London Expo event and we apologise sincerely for any upset or inconvenience the activities and attendee behaviour of the Global Peace & Unity event had on your time with us.

We have been swift in internally reviewing the weekend operations and I can confirm that we have taken the immediate decision not to co-locate these events in the future.

Whilst it is always the intention of ExCeL London to be welcoming and inclusive to all organisations and communities, we understand fully the issues that you have raised. Please be assured your comments have been taken very seriously and enacted upon to avoid a recurrence in the future which may affect the success of the London Expo event and visitor satisfaction.

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts and concerns.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to ExCeL London in the future.

So it seems we won't clash in the future. I'm happy with that outcome - how about everyone else? :)
Trialia

Postby fia_x on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:00 pm

Trialia wrote:I just had an email from an Excel staff member in response to my complaint:

Thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedback on your experience last weekend.

Initially, it is incumbent on us to recognise the impact this had on your enjoyment of the London Expo event and we apologise sincerely for any upset or inconvenience the activities and attendee behaviour of the Global Peace & Unity event had on your time with us.

We have been swift in internally reviewing the weekend operations and I can confirm that we have taken the immediate decision not to co-locate these events in the future.

Whilst it is always the intention of ExCeL London to be welcoming and inclusive to all organisations and communities, we understand fully the issues that you have raised. Please be assured your comments have been taken very seriously and enacted upon to avoid a recurrence in the future which may affect the success of the London Expo event and visitor satisfaction.

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts and concerns.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to ExCeL London in the future.

So it seems we won't clash in the future. I'm happy with that outcome - how about everyone else? :)

You're epic.
fia_x

Postby Anne Drogenous on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:04 pm

fia_x wrote:You're epic.

Second'd.
Anne Drogenous

Postby SephNoir on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:05 pm

I just got the same reply. ^^ It's good to know they've taken such quick action and just decided flat out not to do it again rather than try and get the two events to co-operate with each other. It's definitely the outcome I was hoping for!
SephNoir

Postby Reser on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:08 pm

That is great news.
Reser

Postby Crimzun on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:08 pm

Trialia wrote:So it seems we won't clash in the future. I'm happy with that outcome - how about everyone else? :)

Thank you for sharing that with us!
I'm also happy with this outcome, but mostly relieved.
Crimzun

Postby FuriePhoenix on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:51 pm

Fullmetal_Dani wrote:
FuriePhoenix wrote:
millenia wrote:If I understand right, Halal is food that has been prepared in a specific way.

I've had halal meat before at a Muslim celebration dinner, it's yummy!
It's kind of the opposite of the traditional Scottish prepared meat I grew up with, where on the one side you have scottish Black Pudding, made almost entirely of blood, and on the other side you have halal meat which is not bloody at all.

I think it has to do with other things as well though, not just the blood aspect :)

---EDIT---
lol Anne you beat me to it! :D

Not to put you off or anything, but Halal meat is a disgrace in my opinion, the animals are tortured in such a brutal way to get that flavouring and its disgusting that humans can treat life of an animal like it was nothing and didnt mean anything. But if you enjoy meat thats been brutally tortured whilst its alive before being slaughtered then carry on eating it. Like with KFC... so many enjoy their chicken after the chicken has been sexually assaulted by their workers when its alive, whacked around against walls like it was a baseball bat, then burned alive in acid, then glued (literally!!) back together again and put in your burger buns!

Furie that is off topic and could be considered very disrespectful someone who is a Muslim. Please be more careful with your words.

Halal is when the blood is drained from the animal while a prayer is said in its ear. Its no different to electrocuting a sheep hanging upside down like most abattoirs do nowadays.

Anyways, thank you very much for the apology, but you shouldnt have to apologise for other people!

Well i find halal food disrespectful to me. and if you read above my post, someone wanted to know what halal was, so i told them. And exactly that, they slit the animal's throat and leave them die in a slow and painful manner. That is disrespctful to me. So to be honest, i dont care. Everyone is allowed their opinions, and that is. So no, its not off topic at all. There is no other way to put it. I agree it is no different, its still brutal and its still disgusting. Which is why i think that and have been vegetarian for many years now.

Im gonna agree to disagree. if people are not impressed then so be it. Im not impressed by how you do things, as you may not be impressedby the way i do things. End of. And Slitting one's throat (whether it be an animal or human) athen leaving it to die IS torture!
FRI:KatVonD SAT:Kida SUN:Vidia
FuriePhoenix

Postby Prize Gotti on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:26 pm

Anne Drogenous wrote:
Wikipedia wrote:Halal (حلال, ḥalāl, halaal) is an Arabic term meaning permissible. In the English language, it most frequently refers to food that is permissible according to Islamic law. In the Arabic language, it refers to anything that is permissible under Islam. It is estimated that 70% of Muslims worldwide follow Halal food standards[1] and that the Global Halal Market is currently a USD 580 billion industry[2]. Its antonym is haraam.

Adherents to this philosophy maintain that in order for food to be considered halal, it must not be a forbidden substance and any meat must have been slaughtered according to traditional guidelines set forth by the Sunnah, known as dhabiĥa. This is the strictest definition of Halal.

You know, the word Kosher is pretty much the same.
Prize Gotti

Postby Fullmetal_Dani on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:41 pm

Furie... Its off topic because its NOTHING to do with the original post, which was a Muslim man apologising on behalf of the GPU clashing with expo.

Please keep personal opinions away from the forums. Thats all.
Fullmetal_Dani
Board Moderator

Postby FuriePhoenix on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:56 pm

Fullmetal_Dani wrote:Furie... Its off topic because its NOTHING to do with the original post, which was a Muslim man apologising on behalf of the GPU clashing with expo.

Didnt i jsut say lets agree to disgaree? And why wont you accept that i jsut explained to the person who asked what halal was? im not getting into this coz youre obviously not listening to what im saying.

And yeah i know whatt he original post was.
Just leave me alone and forget about it okay?
FRI:KatVonD SAT:Kida SUN:Vidia
FuriePhoenix

Postby fia_x on Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:39 pm

FuriePhoenix wrote:
Fullmetal_Dani wrote:
Furie that is off topic and could be considered very disrespectful someone who is a Muslim. Please be more careful with your words.

Halal is when the blood is drained from the animal while a prayer is said in its ear. Its no different to electrocuting a sheep hanging upside down like most abattoirs do nowadays.

Anyways, thank you very much for the apology, but you shouldnt have to apologise for other people!

Well i find halal food disrespectful to me. and if you read above my post, someone wanted to know what halal was, so i told them. And exactly that, they slit the animal's throat and leave them die in a slow and painful manner. That is disrespctful to me. So to be honest, i dont care. Everyone is allowed their opinions, and that is. So no, its not off topic at all. There is no other way to put it. I agree it is no different, its still brutal and its still disgusting. Which is why i think that and have been vegetarian for many years now.

Im gonna agree to disagree. if people are not impressed then so be it. Im not impressed by how you do things, as you may not be impressedby the way i do things. End of. And Slitting one's throat (whether it be an animal or human) athen leaving it to die IS torture!

I'm gonna tell you one more time.

You have gotten the meaning of halal incorrect.
It is no means torture.
Do your research before you decide to make such comments.

If you have nothing nice to say, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

There are a lot of things that I would like to say, but I'm not going to be disrespectful and say it in such a manner as you have stated. Sorry if i'm coming off blunt, but I don't like the way you've worded your last few posts.
fia_x

Postby Trialia on Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:52 pm

Furie, this is off-topic for this particular thread. Rather than getting the thread deleted, why don't you take it to PM?
Trialia

Postby Moozman on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:47 pm

FuriePhoenix wrote:
Fullmetal_Dani wrote:Furie... Its off topic because its NOTHING to do with the original post, which was a Muslim man apologising on behalf of the GPU clashing with expo.

Didnt i jsut say lets agree to disgaree? And why wont you accept that i jsut explained to the person who asked what halal was? im not getting into this coz youre obviously not listening to what im saying.

BULLYING!!!! CALL A MODERATOR!!!!!! .................. Oh wait....

Moozman
Moozman

Postby sjbonnar on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:53 pm

Moozman wrote:
FuriePhoenix wrote:

Moozman

God dammit I lol'd!
sjbonnar

Postby Lenrir59 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:44 am

sjbonnar wrote:
Moozman wrote:

Moozman

God dammit I lol'd!

DID SOMEONE CALL FOR A MODERATOR????
Lenrir59

Previous

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - OCTOBER 2008