Theft At The Expo

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Theft At The Expo

Postby Lloyd_Irving on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:55 pm

I've just spoke to a friend of mine who attended the expo.

I texted him on the day to meet up with him, he never replied.

Turns out the reason why was that he had his bag stolen while inside the hall, containing his mobile phone, a digital camera, and other items totalling up to roughly £200.

This was on the Saturday apparently.

I dont know what I expect really, I highly doubt anyone here would know anything about it, seeing as everyone on the forum is really nice and amazing, but if anyone saw anything or knows anything about the theft, or indeed any other thefts, could you post any info here? =/

Also, if any like, volunteers or attendants from the expo had any bags or anything handed in, I'd be grateful to know incase any of them belong to my friend =/
BRING ON MAY
Lloyd_Irving

Re: Theft At The Expo

Postby Anne Drogenous on Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:41 pm

Lloyd_Irving wrote:I've just spoke to a friend of mine who attended the expo.

I texted him on the day to meet up with him, he never replied.

Turns out the reason why was that he had his bag stolen while inside the hall, containing his mobile phone, a digital camera, and other items totalling up to roughly £200.

This was on the Saturday apparently.

I dont know what I expect really, I highly doubt anyone here would know anything about it, seeing as everyone on the forum is really nice and amazing, but if anyone saw anything or knows anything about the theft, or indeed any other thefts, could you post any info here? =/

Also, if any like, volunteers or attendants from the expo had any bags or anything handed in, I'd be grateful to know incase any of them belong to my friend =/

Damnit, they're on to us!
No, Greg. They're not. Play it cool. Play it cool.
C'mon, deep breaths.

But seriously, like, they're still figuring out the Lost Property number over in the other thread, maybe someone picked it up and thought it had been left behind?
Stealages in the Expo are pretty hopeless at being found because of the sheer number of people involved, all lumped in to a place where they're all very close together.
I doubt even the CCTV could find when it got nicked, I'm afraid man.
But yeah, the hope is down to the Lost Property department once more.
xx
Anne Drogenous

Postby Lloyd_Irving on Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:17 pm

I dont think someone picked it up by mistake.

His friends said that they received texts and calls from his phone after his bag went missing.

But I'll get on over to the Lost Property thread anyway xD
BRING ON MAY
Lloyd_Irving

Postby Neko-Chan on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:02 pm

Hmm lost property for Expo AND possibly the excel centre itself may help, i mean there was ALOt of people there that weekend. and not all from expo even i was a little more careful than usual especially after the saturday night you generally do start being more careful when yousee peoples bags getting searched and people getting scanned at the doors. (though that was sunday) However if it was found yeah try but as most people will say there were a lot of people and no one can keep promises but fingures crossed for you and your friend i know what its like to loose or have things stolen xx
Neko-Chan

Postby MisaMisa on Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:02 pm

You have to be very careful really, keep an eye on all of your stuff. Don't leave it with strangers who "seem nice". Also don't keep too much cash on you, for example for oyster/travelcard, leave that somewhere safe!

I had 2 phones stolen in 3 months, I can feel the annoyance. One was an ex being mugged, the other, a pickpocket. Careful of those!
MisaMisa
Board Moderator

Postby ShurikenFire on Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:10 pm

Stuff WILL get stolen at such a crowded area event, it's best to take your stuff straight to the temporary storage if you have a lot of valuables on you, it saves the trouble.
Image Lil Rick.
ShurikenFire

Postby mr lappy on Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:52 am

dont really want to sound really bad, but if its not with the lost and found, its pretty much gone.

you wont believe how much theft goes on during expo. people nick stuff off the dealers table even the dealers are infront of them. so go figure....
me photoblog/rant http://simonpiong.com
mr lappy

Postby rich29 on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:53 am

mr lappy wrote:dont really want to sound really bad, but if its not with the lost and found, its pretty much gone.

you wont believe how much theft goes on during expo. people nick stuff off the dealers table even the dealers are infront of them. so go figure....

Yeah i heard a stall guy talking about this with somone else they were looking out for the person so obviously they got spotted.
rich29

Postby Lloyd_Irving on Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:38 am

Nyehhhh, that sucks D:

His parents have got him a new phone and camera and stuff, and some of the stuff taken he'd bought on the day, so he's just buying it all again on the internet.
He was a bit moody coz some of the stuff he'd bought was quite hard to come by xD

All I can do then is just tell him to be careful really.
He said he went to the exit and entrance and spoke to the volunteers, and they wouldn't even offer to look out for anyone carrying his bag, which really sucks :x
BRING ON MAY
Lloyd_Irving

Postby Nessie-chan on Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:57 pm

My bag got stolen in May, with my (sisters) phone, wallet, keys, cards, etc

The person who took it even had the AUDACITY to answer the phone when Bureda rung it. He never picked up again after that and spent £100 of my money, something which the banks refused to give back to me because "they got the pin correct the first time so you must have left it in the bag somewhere."

Yeah right. Who's gonna do that? Plus I hardly used that bag (special Gravitation bag). And it never got found.

Probably best to cancel phones/cards/etc and report it to the police for a claim number. I failed to get the claim number. That was my mistake. However, if not reported already, it will be too late now and the police wouldn't care. Seriously.
Slave Ranger!
Nessie-chan

Postby Satorixxx on Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:51 pm

Anything found after or during the event which wasn't collected would have been handed to the excel center

xx
MCM Expo - Competitions Coordinator
Satorixxx
Board Moderator

Postby aku-kitsune on Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:23 pm

Meh. I had some stuff stolen a couple of years ago. It was put into the storage with the expo people. I remember having some DVDs. Gundam SEED or SEED Destiny (I don't remember), Karas, a couple of yaoi mangas... uhh... some posters and other . I forgot. It was a couple of years ago. I went back on the monday after to bug the people there to see if it'd been handed in after they'd finished clearing the place too. Since then I've not really trusted storage.
aku-kitsune

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - OCTOBER 2008