One Piece Group!!!!!!

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

Re: One Piece Group!!!!!!

Postby hikaridonya on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:36 am

It was awesome seeing you all again -- and some of you for the first time! You'd better all keep in touch :P I know I've added a few of you to facebook now. I'm thinking of starting a 'One Piece UK' group on there, so we can have somewhere else to chat, and possibly discuss meet-ups outside of Expo, if you guys are interested, that is?

I'd love to do something like a One Piece Picnic.

Still up in the air whether I'll be at the May expo, however, as I'll be off to America for nearly a month in June -- I'm going to Disney, and also to Chicago -- but all being well, my money situation will work out and you'll be seeing me there.
hikaridonya

Postby Geohound Karakuri on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:20 pm

You guys looked awesome!

Unfortunatly me and my two friends couldn't make it in time for the 10 AM photoshoot, since we were pretty much passed our from our bustrip to England from Holland [11 hour bustrip without sleep through the night is baaad~]

But we were walking around on the expo though. Me as Smoker, and my friends as Crocodile and Doflamingo-sama.
Cosplay: Graves - LoL
Geohound Karakuri

Postby Gaz on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:10 pm

Geohound Karakuri wrote:You guys looked awesome!

Unfortunatly me and my two friends couldn't make it in time for the 10 AM photoshoot, since we were pretty much passed our from our bustrip to England from Holland [11 hour bustrip without sleep through the night is baaad~]

But we were walking around on the expo though. Me as Smoker, and my friends as Crocodile and Doflamingo-sama.

yeah we saw you guys walk past in the lobby area, you guys were cool shame we couldn't get pics with you
Gaz

Postby Solaris Phoenix on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:52 pm

BIG-Stu wrote:I've broken my platform shoes and possibly my ankle, but not my mask :?: don't know how that worked out, but I'm shore I'll be seeing you guys again.
Your ankle? Whoa, what happened? you doing okay?

hikaridonya wrote:It was awesome seeing you all again -- and some of you for the first time! You'd better all keep in touch :P I know I've added a few of you to facebook now. I'm thinking of starting a 'One Piece UK' group on there, so we can have somewhere else to chat, and possibly discuss meet-ups outside of Expo, if you guys are interested, that is?

I'd love to do something like a One Piece Picnic.

Still up in the air whether I'll be at the May expo, however, as I'll be off to America for nearly a month in June -- I'm going to Disney, and also to Chicago -- but all being well, my money situation will work out and you'll be seeing me there.
Hehe, that sounds awesome ^_^ I'm off to North Carolina in January myself, but hopefully I'll still be around for the various Expos. I'm only going for a week :p

An out-of-Expo meetup sometimes sounds great, too. I won't go full Chopper though, I know that much. Unfortunately I doubt I'll do him next year. I think he needs a rest for a bit, unless I can do one of his other forms or alternative costumes. I'd quite like to find a better way to do his eyes, too, but eh, I'll cross that bridge once I've decided what I want to do. May was damn hot last time, and I don't fancy being on the verge of passing out for a whole weekend ^_^;

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to say: Thank you for the cola, Berserk ^_______^ It was very nice.
Legacy-fantasy book for Amazon Kindle
http://www.nazreal.com
Solaris Phoenix

Postby hikaridonya on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:42 pm

Solaris Phoenix wrote:Hehe, that sounds awesome ^_^ I'm off to North Carolina in January myself, but hopefully I'll still be around for the various Expos. I'm only going for a week :p

An out-of-Expo meetup sometimes sounds great, too. I won't go full Chopper though, I know that much. Unfortunately I doubt I'll do him next year. I think he needs a rest for a bit, unless I can do one of his other forms or alternative costumes. I'd quite like to find a better way to do his eyes, too, but eh, I'll cross that bridge once I've decided what I want to do. May was damn hot last time, and I don't fancy being on the verge of passing out for a whole weekend ^_^;

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to say: Thank you for the cola, Berserk ^_______^ It was very nice.

Oooh. That sounds awesome. I hope you have a lovely time out there, Solaris <3 I've not been to America myself, yet, so I'm looking forward to going out for three weeks :]

Also. The Kaizoku UK facebook group. For all those interested <3
hikaridonya

Postby Yamakaze on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:57 pm

I spotted both DonFlamingo and Croc! I was the kid in the stripey shirt flicking through the One Piece figures on that one stall. Must say, that Crocodile was brillaint.

America is awesome. Only been to DC and New York but they are pretty darn friendly over there.
Telford Expo 2010
Barry the Chopper, Human (FMA)
Yamakaze

Postby BIG-Stu on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:36 pm

I missed DonFlamingo and Croc :( But I did miss a lot with having the mask on all day, in my defence.
The facebook group is great idea, *hat off*.
This was passed to me on DeviantArt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2ahQaY5pgs I'm yet to find any other videos of any of us :( I'll let you know if I do.

Another meet up sounds like a Very good idea. :D
BIG-Stu

Postby WiggyDee on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:46 pm

Hey guys, sorry if I'm breaking the continuity of the conversation but I just thought I'd make an account and say hi to some people I spoke to at the expo :D (I was the Sanji that was hanging out with the other Zoro who I kept trying to protect from spoilers by the way).

It was fun briefly meeting up with... well anyone that I did meet up with, you all seem like really cool people and all your cosplays were awesome (Big-Stu your skeleton joke still fills me with glee). This was my first time cosplaying and you guys definately helped make it worthwhile, so to summarize, hello everyone! But where did everyone go around mid day on the saturday? Nearly all the One piece cosplayers just poof'd as If Bartholomew Kuma himself was responsible D:

Oh, also I'm sorry if I scared any Nami(swaaaaaaan~~~)'s
WiggyDee

Postby Berserk667 on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:47 am

Hi Wiggy Dee its Franky here. Its always great to have a fresh face here on the One Piece side. Did u have a good time at the weekend? Yer unfornatley some of us had other groups to meet up with after the One Piece. Sorry if this was a bit of a bummer. Its just with so much going on people are running about all the time with meet and greets and fun and games going on. Its can be hetic :?
Berserk667

Postby Yamakaze on Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:00 pm

Alot of us switched into other costumes. Me into Ness, Berserk in Falcon etc ...
Still next time, I should be Sogeking for the full day. And that Brook video is utter gold.
Telford Expo 2010
Yamakaze

Postby WiggyDee on Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:55 pm

Yeah I had a great time thanks berserk =D, I had no idea you were the Captain Falcon aswell though, god your cosplays freakin' rock.

And Yamakaze I thought I heard you say you were going to do Trafalger Law next time? Was thinking of doing a Sogeking myself heh.
WiggyDee

Postby Yamakaze on Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:13 pm

I was gonna do Law (and it would probs be easier) but one lot from the One Piece group are lacking an Usopp, then they'll have the full crew. I think.

But Law is on the 'to do' list.
Telford Expo 2010
Yamakaze

Previous

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO - OCTOBER 2008