Final Fantasy cosplays? Read first post.

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

Re: Final Fantasy cosplays? Read first post.

Postby Silver on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:09 am

Leonie Heartilly wrote:Okay I totally failed in making a new skirt for Rinoa *sobs* so I'm going to have to attempt to patch up my old one tomorrow. I feel like I have failed as a cosplayer, can't even make a blasted simple mini-skirt >_<

Skirts aren't really as simple as you might think. Because you have to make them big enough to fit over your bum.
Don't feel like a failiure,, it happens. You just need to practive a litte more. :3
May Expo, 2010
Silver

Postby MissColzyChan on Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:38 pm

Leonie Heartilly wrote:Okay I totally failed in making a new skirt for Rinoa *sobs* so I'm going to have to attempt to patch up my old one tomorrow. I feel like I have failed as a cosplayer, can't even make a blasted simple mini-skirt >_<

i actually made mine like a wrap round rather than an actual skirt if that helps at all?? it only took a couple of hours as well ^_^
but don't feel bad! i mean mine doesn't look that great being bigger an all >_> but as long as you do your best (which you clearly have) and you have a good time at the end of it it shouldn't matter in my opinion ^_^ at least you can say you tried right? im sure it'll look awesome ^_^

@Silver: one more thing, looking at the weather for Saturday its not looking too good T_T could you suggest an area either indoors or under cover somewhere in case it does rain?? *prays that it doesn't* just so people know where to go. Obviously i mean an actual downpour lol not just a little cloud etc.
MissColzyChan

Postby Leonie Heartilly on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:50 pm

MissColzyChan wrote:

i actually made mine like a wrap round rather than an actual skirt if that helps at all??

Yeah that's how I did mine but Silver's right you need room for your bum so it gaped at the top and then when pulled the fabric in at the top and put a zip in while attempting to get it on the zip broke >_< The fabric I brought for the new skirt was slightly too dark for my liking also (brought online so couldn't tell well).
So yeah currently attempting to bring in the waist of my old one and do it up at the back via buttons rather than a zip. I mean you never see the back of her skirt thanks to the duster anyway.
Leonie Heartilly

Postby Yamidragon on Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:42 pm

hello everyone ^^ it was wonderful meeting you guys- look foreward to seeing some of the photos from the ffshoot :)
hope you all got back safe
october expo 2009
dark dragon armour
Yamidragon

Postby chrismacro on Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:35 pm

Yeah i agree, it was lovely meeting everyone, all your cosplays were awesome, cant wait to see you all again, and thank you very much Silver for taking photos and stuff, it was really kind of you xD "hugs"
Thanks everyone xD
MCM Expo Oct 11 - Red Pikmin
chrismacro

Postby Leonie Heartilly on Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:48 pm

I have to say that Silver is amazing what with all the running around after us all and ever so friendly ^-^
Leonie Heartilly

Postby rich29 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:36 am

Yeah it was nice meeting people and thanks to silver for having our photos taken and letting us frezzing people have the photos done 1st :)
rich29

Postby Silver on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:51 pm

Hi guys.

I'm home and going to have a nap soon as travelling has really taken it out of me.
I'll get started on the photos as soon as possible. I have A LOT to get through.

Thanks to everyone for turning up. I'm sorry if I seemed a little frazzled or snappy on Saturday or Sunday. I get like that when I'm putting pressure on myself!
May Expo, 2010
Silver

Postby rich29 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:54 pm

Silver wrote:Hi guys.

I'm home and going to have a nap soon as travelling has really taken it out of me.
I'll get started on the photos as soon as possible. I have A LOT to get through.

Thanks to everyone for turning up. I'm sorry if I seemed a little frazzled or snappy on Saturday or Sunday. I get like that when I'm putting pressure on myself!

I think everyone appreciates the amount of work u put into it so any snappinest would have been fine by most people i think especially me im thankful u let me get my pics taken pretty quick i was getting a little cold lol
rich29

Postby Yamidragon on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:34 pm

silver- you had every right to be snappy ^^ you were amazing that weekened and i'm sure everyone (including me!) appreaciates your awesome efforts with arranging eveything- you did a fantastic job :)
october expo 2009
dark dragon armour
Yamidragon

Postby Sephirayne on Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:48 pm

I must of missed the photo shoot as when I got there all I saw was the world record attempt taking place. Hope the photos are great anyway.

Liz-Chan, gutted that I missed your Genesis. I hope we can catch each other again soon.
Sephirayne

Postby Liz-chan on Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:14 pm

Sephirayne wrote:I must of missed the photo shoot as when I got there all I saw was the world record attempt taking place. Hope the photos are great anyway.

Liz-Chan, gutted that I missed your Genesis. I hope we can catch each other again soon.

It really sucks that we missed each other. I had myself and my Lulu on Seph-watch for you, and I think I just caught a glimpse of you as you went up the steps (we were randomly sitting outside at the time) but you were gone before we could go after you. Shame, as you make such an awesome Sephiroth.

But if you're going to May I'll be there again as Genesis (with his rapier and possible OWA version if I can figure out how on earth to do it). Even if you're not doing Seph then will have to get pics.

To everyone: It was really amazing meeting all you guys over the weekend - you really made my first expo incredible and the best weekend of my life. All of you are awesome people (and so nice to talk to) and special thanks to Silver for organising everyone and the shoots. I can't wait to see you all again in May - just look out for the random Genesis with attached Lulu once again ^--^.
Oct '08 -- Genesis Rhapsodos
Liz-chan

Postby MissColzyChan on Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:21 pm

Thanks so much silver!!
I agree with everyone that i as well really appreiciated the amount of work & effort you put in to organising the shoot & rounding people up on the day etc. you had every right to be snappy lol i know i would have been in your posistion xDD

but was very well worth it xDD i had an awesome time with the FF shoot on both days despite the cold weather sunday xDD & was also AWESOME meeting all you guys, your all so nice!! Can't wait to see you all again xDD

In case anyone wants to stay in touch lol feel free to add me on msn etc.
colleen1991@..com

I for one made a lot of new friends which made my expo weekend even more special xDD THANK YOU!!
MissColzyChan

Postby Silver on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:08 pm

Okay! I'm going to start work on the photos this week - probably tomorrow after work.
I have A LOT of FF photos to go through. Over 100 from Saturday and over 300 from Sunday. So it may take some time. I will post when I have each day up though. So bare with me. :3
May Expo, 2010
Silver

Postby rich29 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:33 pm

They will be worth the wait :) cant wait to see how they turned out
rich29

Postby Leonie Heartilly on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:23 pm

So excited to see them =D

And I'm bummed I missed your Rinoa on Sunday Colzy-chan. I kept an eye out but didn't spot you =(
Leonie Heartilly

Postby MissColzyChan on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:51 am

Leonie Heartilly wrote:So excited to see them =D

And I'm bummed I missed your Rinoa on Sunday Colzy-chan. I kept an eye out but didn't spot you =(

Ah same!! i was like wheres my Selphie??!!
i thought i may find you at the shoot but no one knew where you were T_T shame as well coz your Sephie looked awesome xDD

Still was awesome meeting you on saturday ^_^ i love your Rinoa cosplay xDD which reminds me *needs to upload pics* xDD
MissColzyChan

Postby rich29 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:23 pm

does anyone have photos of the FF shoot we done on the sunday in the main entrance there should be a few for the amount of time we were standing there lol im sure everyone knows which one i mean it was while we were waiting for the main photoshoot for silver.
rich29

Postby Lisu-chan on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:09 pm

First of all;

Silver... YOU.ARE.EPIC!

Second of all, I loved all of you guys, and as Rich says, while waiting for the photoshoot, we kinda-ish started accidentally started one just by being there.... I'd love to see some pics, because many cool pics were made, I'm sure! ^_^
Lisu-chan

Postby rich29 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:32 pm

there must be many becuase everyone who walked in decided to have a pic so were stuck there posing for quiet a while lol
rich29

Postby Silver on Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:10 pm

Lisu-chan wrote:First of all;

Silver... YOU.ARE.EPIC!

Second of all, I loved all of you guys, and as Rich says, while waiting for the photoshoot, we kinda-ish started accidentally started one just by being there.... I'd love to see some pics, because many cool pics were made, I'm sure! ^_^

*epic pose*

Thank ya!
May Expo, 2010
Silver

Postby Tamaska1 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:37 pm

:( i failed making ifrit in time for exop got half way then did not have the time ;( tho next expo for sure ;)
Tamaska1

Postby rebok07 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:29 pm

I couldn't find the photoshoot on Saturday :(
I went outside at half 12 but because the record attempt was on, it was so crowded, and I couldn't figure out where to go.
Saw you's all doing the photoshoot on the Sunday, ya's all looked great!
rebok07

Postby rich29 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:42 pm

rebok07 wrote:I couldn't find the photoshoot on Saturday :(
I went outside at half 12 but because the record attempt was on, it was so crowded, and I couldn't figure out where to go.
Saw you's all doing the photoshoot on the Sunday, ya's all looked great!

It happened around same time as the record attempt because i missed the record photoshoot cause i was with the FF group we were by the water
rich29

Postby demexiffie on Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:20 pm

yes thanks silver you where great! being snappy after how mad the weekend was is understandable.

i have been looking high and low for the photos of the ff shoot in the entrance on sunday but can't find any at all!! we where stuck their nearly for an hour and plenty of people stopped so would be great to see them.....maybe all the photo people don't know about the forum lol

jo
demexiffie

PreviousNext

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO - OCTOBER 2008