Legend of Zelda Group

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

Re: Legend of Zelda Group

Postby Mtani on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:32 pm

Any time is fine by me ^_^ But just a suggestion though: I think someone is planning a massive cosplay shoot of all the cosplayers, or as many as possible. http://www.mcmexpogroup.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=199&t=8866 So what if we have our photoshoot right before that so we can all leave together and have a massive Zelda group in the big group picture aswell? :p

Btw, it's final, we have a Poe in our group now! :D MysteriousFayth will cosplay as a Poe from Ocarina of Time :D
Mtani

Postby LittlePidgey4 on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:47 pm

Mtani wrote:Any time is fine by me ^_^ But just a suggestion though: I think someone is planning a massive cosplay shoot of all the cosplayers, or as many as possible. http://www.mcmexpogroup.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=199&t=8866 So what if we have our photoshoot right before that so we can all leave together and have a massive Zelda group in the big group picture aswell? :p

That sounds like a good idea! I just want to see our photoshoot time finalised though.
LittlePidgey4

Postby Feather-to-Earth on Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:17 pm

Seems like a fab idea to me to have our shoot just before the BIG one lol, does anyone know the time of the other one, i had a quick look but couldn't see any times :(
@Picklesofdoom ~ We can all wait for the other 3, i don't see anyproblem with that and i wouldn't have you stuck waiting on your own....that would be totally mean!!!!!
@Mtani ~ awesome i'll post my number to you via your site on the LoZ skit page, and thats uber awesomness about the Poe!!!! I've alwayz wanted to see an OoT Poe cosplay ^_^
@LittlePidgey4 ~ I've been racking my brain for a time that would suit everyone, but now as everyone seems to like the idea of holding the shoot just before the other big one i can't finalise anything until i know definate times for it, but i was thinkibg half 12 as a few people have suggested that now.
@_KUREIGU_ ~ Yes the plan is to have a big meet up on the stairs on the Saturday, the Friday night shoot was just something my friends and i wanted to do while it would be slightly quieter then we thought we'd open the invitation to anyone who wanted to join. If you would like one on Saturday eve though that would be aboslutly fine ^_^

@Everyone ~ would setting our shoot for half 12 be okay for everyone? It may change slightly depending on the time of the other big shoot, but would everyone be happy with this time for now??? *hopefully it wont have to change* And as for a meeting place, on the stairs outside the centre as everyone knows that area :D Hope this is all okay.
Feather-to-Earth

Postby Mtani on Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:53 pm

Sounds great! :D

There's no definite time on the other shoot just yet, or it doesn't look like it. But it seems like people are expecting it to happen 2 - 2.30. So meeting up for our photoshoot at least an hour before that would probably work ^_^ Btw, have we got someone to act as a photographer or are we just taking pictures of each other? ^^
Mtani

Postby TashNEIGH! on Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:25 pm

i've ordered my shoes :P and my wig arrived! :D everything is coming together now...just have to fabric paint and make jewellery :P

the photo shoot sounds awsome n i will actually cry if i miss it!
SATURDAY: Nabooru (LoZ:OoT)
SUNDAY: Altair (Assassian's Creed)
TashNEIGH!

Postby LittlePidgey4 on Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:16 am

OK, I'm liking the photo-shoot plans. :3 I figured that since there would be a lot of people outsite anyway then they would just naturally want to take photos of us. And I'd be with my two older sisters (cosplayed as Sanji from One Piece and Tohru from Fruits Basket I think) anyway so they might want to get pictures of us too.

Or we could just improvise our photo plans on the spot. That could be fun. :D
LittlePidgey4

Postby MysteriousFayth on Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:20 pm

Hey folks, I'll be the one with Mtani cosplaying a Poe and letting you know I'll be at the photoshoot on Saturday and Friday night if I make it to the hotel on time. Stupid flight, taking me to stansted when london city would be so much easier >.>
MysteriousFayth

Postby Feather-to-Earth on Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:44 pm

MysteriousFayth wrote:Hey folks, I'll be the one with Mtani cosplaying a Poe and letting you know I'll be at the photoshoot on Saturday and Friday night if I make it to the hotel on time. Stupid flight, taking me to stansted when london city would be so much easier >.>

Ooooo i really hope you can make the Friday night one, it would be sooooo awesome as Poe's are supposed to come out in the dark ^_^ Anywayz i've got you listed up :D
Feather-to-Earth

Postby picklesofdoom on Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:01 pm

TELMA'S FINISHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED! *faints*
picklesofdoom

Location: somewhere admiring the deep dark depths of my random mind

Postby Mtani on Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:42 pm

Awww! I wanna seeeeeeeee!!!!!!! :D
Mtani

Postby picklesofdoom on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:06 pm

Uh-Uh, have to wait till expo m'dear!

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa!

Though I have posted some images in the Cos Progress thread! Heheheheh!
picklesofdoom

Postby Mtani on Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:01 am

You're evil! :P I've seen those pics, looks great! Can't wait to see it! :D
Mtani

Postby Aura on Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:40 pm

Hey all, Sorry for posting for so long, I've been keeping tabs but just haven't posted >.<
Everyone's cosplay progress is sounding good, not too many difficulties appear to be arising! I'm glad to say my Malon costume is 100% complete (though not 100% to my liking lol)

From the photoshoot point of view, I'm up for 12:30pm by the stairs on Saturday, that should be a good guideline, if particular people think they may be late or not able to make that exact time on the day then I suggest perhaps a few mobile numbers can be thrown around so we can keeps tabs on each other if you wanted.

As for Friday I'm guessing there's no need for a fixed time as not a large number of us will attend, so we can arange it around everyone, but again exchanging contact numbers might be hand. I imagine myself, Feather, pickles and co will be hanging around the Excel center area for quite some time in the afternoon/late eve.
Last edited by Aura on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aura

Postby picklesofdoom on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:31 pm

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vLQ0CVjNKCw

Link goes to the Convience Store..! LoL Enjoy peeps.

As for contact numbers, that sounds like a jolly good Idea. Just incase anyone can't find us or gets stuck somewhere....

Question? Will we have a banner or flag. I guess its not really necessary seeing as theres so many of us. Pretty sure will not be hard to miss LoL Just wondered though as I'm making one for the little InuYasha group i'm meeting with Sunday =^__^=
picklesofdoom

Postby Mtani on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:18 pm

*lol* I love it! XD Made me think.. would be cool if we could come up with an idea for a short storyline or something, and then could "act" it out (meaning taking pictures of us as Zelda characters doing things) and then edit it together into a comic after the Expo. .....did that make sense at all? ^_^' Wish I was good at thinking up stories XD

Concats numbers is a good idea, but who want to act as the main contact person and collect all the numbers? XD

A banner or flag would be cool, not because we'll need it to find each other, but it would look good on a picture ^_^ The design Link has on his Hyrulian Shield would look cool ^_^
Mtani

Postby Aura on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:46 pm

Lol Excellent Video, that song is hilarious!
Oh and yes a banner sounds like a good idea, myself and Feather were talking about that yesterday ^_^ we were also thinking of playing the LoZ theme on our phones to grab even more attention lol I don't know if it would be loud enough though...

Ooo I like your idea of a photo comic Mtani, that sounds rather creative!

And I'm sure Feather and I would be glad to share phone numbers, the collecting could be difficult but hey we're dedicated troopers lol
Aura

Postby Feather-to-Earth on Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:39 pm

Mtani that such an amazing idea!!!!!!!!! I've been plannin on making a drawn comic for quite some time now but have never considered a photographic one, pure genius lol
And yes like Aura said i'm happy to act as the main contacty person, if you dont want to post your number on here then your more than welcome to do it via email, my MSN is angelicrockdivaAI@..com
Or if you dont trust me with your number then your welcome to mine which u can either ask me for vis MSN or can be found on Mtani's site *link to site is on the 1st post of this thread* unter the topic "Legend of Zelda Secret Skit" ^_^
Feather-to-Earth

Postby picklesofdoom on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:37 pm

On the speakers front. I have the LoZ tunes on my phone which is very loud and I also have some portable speakers that are very good quality that attach to any i:pod/jukebox/mp3's etc. I can bring those with me if you want to play moosak =^__^=

Glad you like the Vid guys! It made me lol this morning so had to share! BTW the Photo comic is an EXCELLENT idea! I'm in! LOL We'll need to get a story planned out for it!!! :D
picklesofdoom

Postby Mtani on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:55 pm

Yay! Glad yous like the idea! :D Now we just need a story... XD

EDIT: Have you people seen this? http://www.mcmexpogroup.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=195&t=9432 With our Zelda group we could make a huge difference! :D And the time and place is set for more or less what we were going for anyway. They also say it will only take about 15 mins, so what say you, sign up for this aswell? XD

Admin-2 wrote:Image
Attention all gaming fans! To mark the launch of the UK’s biggest gaming extravaganza, the London Games Festival, a world record attempt to have the largest gathering of people dressed up as video game characters is occurring on 25 October at the London ExCel centre! Hosted on the opening day of the London MCM Expo, this is the ultimate chance to prove your gaming credentials and show the world how much of a fan you really are!

With the current record a measly 80 people, get out and buff your World of Warcraft armor, equip those Lara Croft dual pistols and brush that Guitar Hero mullet wig and get on down to the ExCel to strut your stuff and become a part of gaming history.

Date: 25 October 2008
Time: 12:30
On the stairs, outside the entrance of the ExCel Centre
MCM Expo, ExCeL London,
One Western Gateway,
Royal Victoria Dock, London. E16 1XL

Key Guidelines:
1. All participants must be wearing costumes representing characters from video games
Mtani

Postby _KUREIGU_ on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:23 pm

i so think we should it would a fun thing to be inn the world records =D
_KUREIGU_

Postby LittlePidgey4 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:40 pm

Oh yeah, I am so for all of us pitching in to beat that world record! So we could do our seperate Zelda one before or after it. I'm SO looking forward to this day now by remembering how awesome cosplay is!! XDD

Oh, and I don't mind being in the photo comic thing. We could always do several short ones if we can't figure one out with all the characters. And I'll have a Fire Rod so I or someone could always edit fire effects in.
LittlePidgey4

Postby Feather-to-Earth on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:57 pm

Ah this is awesome!!!!! Its the same time and place as our photoshoot, so if we all turn up, our group alone will be half of what they need ^_^
Feather-to-Earth

Postby picklesofdoom on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:10 pm

I think everyone will be out and about the front at this time so its definiatly worth taking part in LOL

Tis Awesome....!! :D
picklesofdoom

Postby ezayah on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:55 pm

I'm sorry guys. It looks like Zants armour won't be joining us... I'm stil gonna wear the outfit, only there will be no armour/helmet. The full outfit WILL be ready for may though.

(Random note: I just found my mini onigiri plushie! I'd wondered where that had gone...)

In regards to the record attampt: Oh heck yeah! It'll be awesome!
ezayah

Postby BlueNayru on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:12 pm

I'm being Imp Midna on Saturday so I would love to join this group :D
May London Expo 2009!
Sat- Eruka Frog (SE)
Sun- Cissnei (FF7)
BlueNayru

PreviousNext

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO - OCTOBER 2008