Death Note cosplayers?

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

Death Note cosplayers?

Postby Sweet_Chan on Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:08 pm

On the saturday I'm going to cosplay as L xD
I haven't really seen anyone else who is going as a DN character yet here, or even a topic. xD;
Anyone? :wink:
Sweet_Chan

Re: Death Note cosplayers?

Postby Adziu on Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:46 am

Don't worry, I'm sure there'll be a fair few Ls.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby Sweet_Chan on Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:05 pm

Adziu wrote:Don't worry, I'm sure there'll be a fair few Ls.

Yeah I know, I'm just wondering if there are any other people cosplaying as other characters too.
Sweet_Chan

Postby Sands on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:00 pm

Hi,

I've already started a Rem cosplay, the idea was to have it gor October Expo - being Halloweenish and all. I may have a Ryuk with me if I can twist his arm in to doing it with me =]

So Il be a different Death Note charater! Should be an uncomfortable laugh

Come say hello at the KOEI stand
Sands

Postby Sweet_Chan on Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:32 am

Sands wrote:Hi,

I've already started a Rem cosplay, the idea was to have it gor October Expo - being Halloweenish and all. I may have a Ryuk with me if I can twist his arm in to doing it with me =]

So Il be a different Death Note charater! Should be an uncomfortable laugh

Oh thats good; If I see you I might ask for a photo :3
Sweet_Chan

Postby catbarry on Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:23 pm

Heyy!!! Fellow DN cosplayer!! I'm either going as Misa and making my Rem, Mello, or B. Depends on whether my friend can do Mello or not. If not, She'll have to be Misa.

Not many people have commented here, yet.. I thought there'd be more DN cosplayers!! :D
*can't wait for JapanEx* :D :D
catbarry

Postby Sweet_Chan on Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:34 pm

catbarry wrote:Heyy!!! Fellow DN cosplayer!! I'm either going as Misa and making my Rem, Mello, or B. Depends on whether my friend can do Mello or not. If not, She'll have to be Misa.

Not many people have commented here, yet.. I thought there'd be more DN cosplayers!! :D

Haha - Same here! There were loads last time [Most of them were misa's or L's]
Hope to see you there! :D
Sweet_Chan

Postby xpixiexox on Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:02 pm

The last Expo, my friend was L, I also have a friend who was Misa, it was on the Sunday :D
(not sure what they are doing for October yet)
xpixiexox

Postby jimmy-killed-me on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:01 am

My freind wants to do a ryuk cosplay it's his first cosplay and doesn't realise how hard it will be.
so i'm trying to get him to join my Boosh group and cosplay naboo(charlie).
jimmy-killed-me

Location: In a mushroom somewhere drawing alcholic elves entertain shinigami

Postby Adziu on Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:11 pm

He may surprise you!
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby xpixiexox on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:22 pm

jimmy-killed-me wrote:My freind wants to do a ryuk cosplay it's his first cosplay and doesn't realise how hard it will be.
so i'm trying to get him to join my Boosh group and cosplay naboo(charlie).

Oh yes!!! you really should get him to do Naboo :D
(plus, to do a decent Ryuk will be hard i suppose)
xpixiexox

Postby catbarry on Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:45 pm

Sweet_Chan wrote:Hope to see you there! :D

Same here! It may turn out that there's a whole group of us going, if my (guy) friends will do their L and Raito cosplays.. should be fun!
catbarry

Postby fullofpith on Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:37 pm

I have a ryuk costume (needs a bit of work but it's basically there)

I wore it last october, Saturday.
But I don't think I'll wear it again until it's finished and my friend is happy wit her misa costume - we need to learn some hair skillz. She has the right haircut, we just don't know the technical procedure to make it do the big.. thing.. in the picture... the pwooofy thing....
and my wig for ryuk sucks mirrorballs.

It was my second ever cosplay and i am a gurl.
bandages and safetey pins and ENDLESS readjustment.

Info on costume (in case you fancy doing your own)
joke shop black fingernails glued onto long black gloves, a tight LS Black top, three rolls of bandages to get rid of bewbs, black skinny jeans, skirt thingy (needs work), mask was made from air-drying modelling clay on top of a plastic mask and painted with acrylics. The belt was an old piece of suede with a bunch of belt decorations made out of the same modeling clay as the mask. The wig was a mullet wig, minus the long bit, plus a can or five of hairspray (but i need a better wig tbh). The shoes were pointy shoes, with black felt glued on top to make them look like boots. The feathers were a nightmare. I had to spend half an hour chasing geese so they'd ruffle their feathers and drop a few, then I had to boil them in a pot of stinky black dylon for ages. and then they ended up being a horrible dark grey colour....
a few more tweaks and more attention to detail will make it Uber.
after all that i despaired and used duct tape to make a string of them which i then attached to my shoulders.

hot glue is best... closely followed by contact adhesive.
fullofpith

Postby catbarry on Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:05 pm

Anyone going as Raito??

Ours won't say if he's coming or not... ¬.¬

xD
catbarry

Postby Yamidragon on Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:56 pm

not this year, but next year i will definatly go a Rem!!!
october expo 2009
dark dragon armour
Yamidragon

Postby Sweet_Chan on Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:26 am

catbarry wrote:Anyone going as Raito??

Ours won't say if he's coming or not... ¬.¬

xD

My friend might be going as raito xD; hopefully.. =w=
Sweet_Chan

Postby Sweet Sakura on Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:28 pm

I'll definately be a misa :D It seems theres always more female DN cosplayers than males. If we cosplay the Ryuks, the Matts and the Ls then you boys should have a go at the Rems and Misas! I've got a gothic lolita dress so it'll be a depressed Misa when she's singing Misa no Uta on that very grim episode... I just need to make the headband and the bloomers.
Sweet Sakura

Postby beyondbirthday on Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:31 pm

I'm tempted to do Light - after seeing everyone having so much fun at the last few con's I'd like to give it a try...only problem is I work behind one of the stalls in the Anime section Sat & Sun so the only chance I'd get to walk round is when I grab a bite to eat or we're quiet...:(

It's the wig that bothers me...wearing it and getting it right....but I'm sure all first time cosplayers think the same
beyondbirthday

Postby Sweet Sakura on Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:47 pm

It took me forever to get my wig for Misa at the last MCM. Of course, she has to have daft little ponytails but the only wigs that were made with the ponytails were really expensive and yellow, fluorescent yellow. And then there is the shade of blonde... I nearly died. Finally got a normal wig and did the pigtails though :D Never tried a boys short wig though... Doubt I'd get all of my hair into it.
Sweet Sakura

Postby beyondbirthday on Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:13 am

Sweet Sakura wrote:It took me forever to get my wig for Misa at the last MCM. Of course, she has to have daft little ponytails but the only wigs that were made with the ponytails were really expensive and yellow, fluorescent yellow. And then there is the shade of blonde... I nearly died. Finally got a normal wig and did the pigtails though :D Never tried a boys short wig though... Doubt I'd get all of my hair into it.

Yeah Misa's great if you get the ponytails right - I've seen a few that are really good

Still, I suppose I can at least give it a go
beyondbirthday

Postby fullofpith on Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:26 am

beyondbirthday wrote:
Yeah Misa's great if you get the ponytails right - I've seen a few that are really good

last october we managed to get misa's ponytails right at the last minute... my friend has the same hair cut as misa and so when we go to expo, while I was finishing the layers and layers of white face paint on my neck and chest (yay ryuk is a messy job)
we managed to tease her hair into doing misa pigtails perfectly, i was amazed.. we didn't even practice!
hot glue is best... closely followed by contact adhesive.
fullofpith

Postby Sweet Sakura on Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:50 pm

fullofpith wrote:
we managed to tease her hair into doing misa pigtails perfectly, i was amazed.. we didn't even practice!

Really?? That was so lucky. The hair on my wig was quite thin so it took several hairbands and almost 3 quaters of an hour the night before to trick the pigtails into sticking out without showing the mesh of the wig underneath. Its a whole lot easier to do it with normal, thicker hair but I just so happen to be a brunette :(
Sweet Sakura

Postby beyondbirthday on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:08 pm

Sweet Sakura wrote:
fullofpith wrote:

Really?? That was so lucky. The hair on my wig was quite thin so it took several hairbands and almost 3 quaters of an hour the night before to trick the pigtails into sticking out without showing the mesh of the wig underneath. Its a whole lot easier to do it with normal, thicker hair but I just so happen to be a brunette :(

Never realised how hard it is to get her hair right...when u see it it looks so simple :? obviously not lol

Hey Sakura u could always cosplay as the movie version of Misa - she was brunette (which kinda ruined it...)
beyondbirthday

Postby Sweet Sakura on Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:45 pm

beyondbirthday wrote:

Hey Sakura u could always cosplay as the movie version of Misa - she was brunette (which kinda ruined it...)

Nah, I've seen the movie but Misa isn't Misa unless she's blonde and dosey. I've got the wig from last time and I've got the poofy dress from the anime now so I might aswell stick to the anime.
Sweet Sakura

Postby FuriePhoenix on Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:47 pm

Sweet_Chan wrote:On the saturday I'm going to cosplay as L xD
I haven't really seen anyone else who is going as a DN character yet here, or even a topic. xD;
Anyone? :wink:

im going as misa on the sunday but what misa outfit is a secret as everyone will copy me as its never been done before. Lets jsut say you'll know me when you see me on the sunday as misa. but let me tell you.. it will . rock the excel like no-ones buisness. Hopefully it create quite a stirr. hehehehe.
xxxx
FRI:KatVonD SAT:Kida SUN:Vidia
FuriePhoenix

Next

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO - OCTOBER 2008