Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby Sammykins on Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:13 pm

I love the lego Metal Gear Rex!!! And thats awesome about the twin snakes version of snake. You don't seen to many of them - loads of people do MGS3 Snake.
Image
User avatar
Sammykins
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:47 pm
Location: West Sussex

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby Chariflame on Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:05 pm

Woo, an MGS1 Snake! But only the saturday? D: The day i'm not doing Sniper Wolf, darn. Oh well, i'll come see you guys on the Saturday anyway. xD
User avatar
Chariflame
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 4:23 pm
Location: Enfield, North London

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby Sunderland on Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:40 pm

Haha, heya.
I'm thinking of going as Fem!The Sorrow, complete with chalkboard.

I'll be sure to write poor Johnny some abuse <3
Sunderland
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 8:22 pm

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby Sweet Sakura on Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:40 pm

My sister's boyfriend will be going as Solid Snake. I know he'll be going in the blue suit, which ever version that is from, and my sister will be going as the Meryl from the same version. I get the honour of making both of their outfits from scratch for October. I may be popping down to this thread every once in a while for help, if you don't mind, of course, since all I have are a few screen shots of Snake... Wish me good luck.
Sweet Sakura
 

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby solidsnake on Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:37 pm

sure sweet ask away!

Im going for an authentic look so im buying a grey wetsuit and modifying it and plymsol type shoes
Image

I need scissors! 61!
User avatar
solidsnake
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:38 pm

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby Sweet Sakura on Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:18 am

Wetsuit... I didn't think of that. I was going to try buy a man's blue leotard from a dancing shop :? It doesn't help that he isn't in the country at the moment either. We've pretty much got my sister's Meryl outfit sorted though. She has the trousers and she just needs to get a top or something, borrow some gloves and I don't think she wants the webbing. For snakes webbing, I have the inside pieces of my dad's old motorbike jackets and trousers so we just have to sew on straps and it'll hopefully look allright.
Sweet Sakura
 

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby Ishino on Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:40 pm

Sammykins wrote:I love the lego Metal Gear Rex!!! And thats awesome about the twin snakes version of snake. You don't seen to many of them - loads of people do MGS3 Snake.


Mm, that's what I thought. Gives me room to work with some seldom-seen props. Can't wait to see RATPACK Meryl too!
Also, ta! I made that REX years ago, got really bored one evening xD

Chariflame wrote:Woo, an MGS1 Snake! But only the saturday? D: The day i'm not doing Sniper Wolf, darn. Oh well, i'll come see you guys on the Saturday anyway. xD


Hm...well, I'm not sure what's happening with the Doctor Who group I'm in, so I might be Snake for a little while on the Sunday. I'd really love to get some photos with a Wolf though, so something needs to be arranged :D
User avatar
Ishino
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 10:14 pm
Location: Norwich

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby Sammykins on Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:26 pm

Ishino wrote:
Sammykins wrote:I love the lego Metal Gear Rex!!! And thats awesome about the twin snakes version of snake. You don't seen to many of them - loads of people do MGS3 Snake.


Mm, that's what I thought. Gives me room to work with some seldom-seen props. Can't wait to see RATPACK Meryl too!
Also, ta! I made that REX years ago, got really bored one evening xD

Chariflame wrote:Woo, an MGS1 Snake! But only the saturday? D: The day i'm not doing Sniper Wolf, darn. Oh well, i'll come see you guys on the Saturday anyway. xD


Hm...well, I'm not sure what's happening with the Doctor Who group I'm in, so I might be Snake for a little while on the Sunday. I'd really love to get some photos with a Wolf though, so something needs to be arranged :D


I can't wait to see everyone all MGS'd up. Have we arranged a photoshoot time yet??
Image
User avatar
Sammykins
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:47 pm
Location: West Sussex

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby Chariflame on Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:33 pm

Sammykins wrote:I can't wait to see everyone all MGS'd up. Have we arranged a photoshoot time yet??


Not yet, but I guess if everyone planning to come gives a time they'll be free between, we can sort something out. I'm free whenever on the Sunday, as far as I know.
User avatar
Chariflame
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 4:23 pm
Location: Enfield, North London

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby solidsnake on Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:28 am

I imagine I will be free most of the time, this is my first expo so I dont really know what there is to do. I will probably be trying out new games and stuff and harass konami staff if they are there lol!!
Image

I need scissors! 61!
User avatar
solidsnake
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:38 pm

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby Chariflame on Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:53 pm

solidsnake wrote:I imagine I will be free most of the time, this is my first expo so I dont really know what there is to do. I will probably be trying out new games and stuff and harass konami staff if they are there lol!!


Nah, Konami doesn't have a stand at MCM, unfortunately. :[ You'll probably want a few hours to look round, buy stuff, look at stuff... xD Yeah. Then the cosplayers usually hang out outside, that's where we'll be having the photoshoot. But the expo itself is open all day, so you're free to come and go from the actual hall.
User avatar
Chariflame
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 4:23 pm
Location: Enfield, North London

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby Sammykins on Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:53 am

Maybe what we could do is meet up out the front (where we'd be more obvious) and then have the photoshoot nearer the river. There is a little metal bridge bit that would look awesome for a background!
Image
User avatar
Sammykins
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:47 pm
Location: West Sussex

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby Chariflame on Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:25 pm

You mean the west side with the grassy area and group of trees, right? I know what bridge you're talking about then, and yeah it would be a great place to get some photos.

So, shall we agree as there for the meeting place? Probably wait for a couple more people to join before we set on a time though.

...Also, does anybody know anyone who would be able to come and actually take some photos of us? Unfortunately I lost my camera at the last Expo, so I wouldn't be able to take any myself. xD
User avatar
Chariflame
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 4:23 pm
Location: Enfield, North London

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby Sammykins on Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:39 pm

I could persudae my friends to do it! They're gonna bring their mega cameras (photography students!) and I think even the tripod if they can be bothered to lug it to London. We were gonna have our own little shoot on the friday for practise, so they should be more then ready :)


And agreed for the place!
Image
User avatar
Sammykins
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:47 pm
Location: West Sussex

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby Giant-Lenin on Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:30 pm

Ooh my first comment!
Just thought i'd add to the thread that i'm going as the Boss (The Joy) from MGS3! and that's so awesome that you're having a big MGS group shot! :D!
Sat October 09- Devona (Guild Wars) along with Eve and Cynn.
User avatar
Giant-Lenin
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby Chariflame on Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:48 pm

Giant-Lenin wrote:Ooh my first comment!
Just thought i'd add to the thread that i'm going as the Boss (The Joy) from MGS3! and that's so awesome that you're having a big MGS group shot! :D!


The Boss? AWESOME. You can't get any better than her, really!
What day(s) will you be going, so I can add you to the list? :]

Is anybody else finding it rather amusing that despite being a game mostly males play, we mostly have females for this group? xD
User avatar
Chariflame
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 4:23 pm
Location: Enfield, North London

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby Sammykins on Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:40 pm

Giant-Lenin wrote:Ooh my first comment!
Just thought i'd add to the thread that i'm going as the Boss (The Joy) from MGS3! and that's so awesome that you're having a big MGS group shot! :D!



Which of her outfits are you doing? We need to make a sign to hold with the number the sorrow holds up behind the boss now!
Image
User avatar
Sammykins
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:47 pm
Location: West Sussex

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby solidsnake on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:03 pm

The Boss!

It just keeps getting better and better :D

In that case I will go Naked Snake "Big Boss" the day your going as "The Boss" :D
Image

I need scissors! 61!
User avatar
solidsnake
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:38 pm

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby Giant-Lenin on Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:09 am

Sammykins wrote:
Giant-Lenin wrote:Ooh my first comment!
Just thought i'd add to the thread that i'm going as the Boss (The Joy) from MGS3! and that's so awesome that you're having a big MGS group shot! :D!



Which of her outfits are you doing? We need to make a sign to hold with the number the sorrow holds up behind the boss now!


AHH! that's such an awesome idea!:) and im going in her white/silver outfit, with the big black cloak too
Sat October 09- Devona (Guild Wars) along with Eve and Cynn.
User avatar
Giant-Lenin
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby Giant-Lenin on Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:11 am

solidsnake wrote:The Boss!

It just keeps getting better and better :D

In that case I will go Naked Snake "Big Boss" the day your going as "The Boss" :D


Awesome! we have to have a picture of the boss braking snake's arm or something :P
Sat October 09- Devona (Guild Wars) along with Eve and Cynn.
User avatar
Giant-Lenin
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby Sammykins on Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:14 am

That outfit is the coolest... good luck with it - it looks a little tricky to make!

I've got another idea for the photoshoot (not exactly my idea but never mind!) - a codec screen, the original one. Cut out the face sqaures and voila, anyone can have a codec conversation. I've seen its been done recently in america somewhere - and it looks like so much fun!
Image
User avatar
Sammykins
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:47 pm
Location: West Sussex

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby Chariflame on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:31 pm

Sammykins wrote:That outfit is the coolest... good luck with it - it looks a little tricky to make!

I've got another idea for the photoshoot (not exactly my idea but never mind!) - a codec screen, the original one. Cut out the face sqaures and voila, anyone can have a codec conversation. I've seen its been done recently in america somewhere - and it looks like so much fun!


xD I've seen that done before too, and it sounds great. I'll have to work on my Kurdish accent though.
User avatar
Chariflame
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 4:23 pm
Location: Enfield, North London

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby Giant-Lenin on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:33 pm

Thanks Sammykins, and awesome! Codec conversation FTW! I have the codec ringing noisey thing (brrhrp brrhrp) on my phone, such a brilliant noise:P
Sat October 09- Devona (Guild Wars) along with Eve and Cynn.
User avatar
Giant-Lenin
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby Sammykins on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:16 am

Chariflame wrote:xD I've seen that done before too, and it sounds great. I'll have to work on my Kurdish accent though.


What is it she says? "You are my special prey?" *awesome accent*

Giant-Lenin wrote:Thanks Sammykins, and awesome! Codec conversation FTW! I have the codec ringing noisey thing (brrhrp brrhrp) on my phone, such a brilliant noise:P


And I love that noise! I was always like "Yesss! Story!!" Must get that for my mobile actually... it would just rule as the text message bleep.
Image
User avatar
Sammykins
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:47 pm
Location: West Sussex

Re: Metal Gear Solid - Main Thread

Postby solidsnake on Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:34 pm

Giant-Lenin wrote:
solidsnake wrote:The Boss!

It just keeps getting better and better :D

In that case I will go Naked Snake "Big Boss" the day your going as "The Boss" :D


Awesome! we have to have a picture of the boss braking snake's arm or something :P


Hmmm lol not too sure about that ! :(
Image

I need scissors! 61!
User avatar
solidsnake
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:38 pm

PreviousNext

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO - OCTOBER 2008

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest