I'm willing to take your photos! (Sat oct 08) UPLOADED!

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

I'm willing to take your photos! (Sat oct 08) UPLOADED!

Postby Mickolas on Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:19 pm

So I was thinking I want to take photos of everything I see this time and I wanted to be asked my people aswell as me asking

So if you people come up with a good sign for me (A4 size in portrait or by 21.5cmx21.5cm square) I'll put it on my bag for all to see! (I mite not even take that bag now, I dont wish to be carrying any excessive weight around with me when I dont need to)

if you want to see some pictures that ive taken here is my flickr account
http://flickr.com/photos/29475845@N08/

as you can see I have not taken any cosplay pictures as of yet

does anyone think that this is a good idea?

update:
I was thinking just outside the doors (if the weather is bad then inside ofthe doors) of the ExCeL building.

About 1pm, as I should me more awake at that time but if your not there around then dont worry I'll be about the expo so just ask!
after that I should be going to see the caramelldansen (please read the thread for more info)
this mite change in time but is unlikey

I was wondering about making a book, it will have high quality prints inside and I'm hoping to make upto 200 pages (I hope lol), if you would like to see some of the books before I make it the website is http://www.blurb.com/partner/flickr/
and I should be making a price up

sergestions please! ^_^

I'll be in a sailor fuku
just like above but I got lazy with the wig so its brown and lazy with the shoes

Oh and if you didnt guess I'm male so it should be easy to spot me out

EDIT:
No one came up for the photo shoot, or even asked me to take any photos, shame really, so I just spammed my photo takinglol
Last edited by Mickolas on Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:31 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Mickolas

Re: I'm willing to take your photos! (Sat oct 08)

Postby FuriePhoenix on Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:50 pm

what youre suggesting is a brilliant idea. by all means you can take pictures of my cosplays on each day. i dont mind!!

youre a really good photographer. If you go to "princess ai cosplay" thread youll see my cosplayoutfit for the saturday so youll know what to look out fot. Ill probabaly be ont he tokyopop stand for most of the day.

what you should do is after taking pictures of everyones cosplays, you should post them up on here in a thread or email them to people and stuff.
FRI:KatVonD SAT:Kida SUN:Vidia
FuriePhoenix

Postby MissColzyChan on Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:41 pm

WOW that is a really good idea ^^ looking through most of the threads groups/gatherings are taking place for different things & photoshoots. I know already theres a MASSIVE final fantasy group this year & no doubt will be many others including Bleach xDD

I often find a lot of people end up disapointed when they go to a lot of work for a costume & like no one takes a photo so that is a really good idea ^^ i'll be part of the final fantasy group both days xDD

Saturday~ Summoner Yuna~FFX
Sunday~ Rinoa Heartilly~FF8

Hope to see you there ^^ x
MissColzyChan

Postby Kaythenia on Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:20 pm

I'm agreeing with the above!

It sounds like a wonderful idea, the final fantasy group is one of the biggest ones going so it ought to be a very interesting weekend for all of us!

Hope to see you there!

Saturday-Summoner Yuna-FFX
Sunday-Songstress Yuna- FFX-2
Kaythenia

Postby Tamaska1 on Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:38 pm

indeed FF goes gold oct lol

Saturday - Sunday Efreet - FF10
Tamaska1

Postby rich29 on Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:59 pm

Sounds awesome to be too u can get some cool photos of yuna and tidus for ur collection.

And if u couldnt guess im going as Tidus both days
rich29

Postby Mickolas on Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:27 pm

FuriePhoenix wrote:what you should do is after taking pictures of everyones cosplays, you should post them up on here in a thread or email them to people and stuff.
I will make a new set on my flickr account (but I mayneed to upgrade my account first (donations plz! j/k)) then I'll come back to this thread and post the the full set url here.

MissColzyChan wrote:I often find a lot of people end up disapointed when they go to a lot of work for a costume & like no one takes a photo...

yeah thats pretty much what happend to me back in May, and I bet it will happen again in oct for me aswell >;
Last edited by Mickolas on Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mickolas

Postby Kaythenia on Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:44 pm

I'll take your photo if no one else will!

I'll probably have my camera glued to my hand all day.

btw

You live in chatham? I'm not far from there! Maidstone.
Kaythenia

Postby Mickolas on Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:42 am

Kaythenia wrote:I'll take your photo if no one else will!

I'll probably have my camera glued to my hand all day.

btw

You live in chatham? I'm not far from there! Maidstone.

oh thanks ^^ what camera do you have?

Oh right cool, Yes I live in chatham
Mickolas

Postby FuriePhoenix on Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:32 pm

Ill be taking photos like a f***king tourist there too with whichever camera decides to work for the weekend. lol. Ive said this in other threads but ill be ont he tokyopop stand for most of the day so feel free to come aong and say hi and ill take photos, post them up on here and on my deviant art profile.
xx
FRI:KatVonD SAT:Kida SUN:Vidia
FuriePhoenix

Postby sasashie on Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:59 pm

we should realy set you up a photo booth that way u can set up the camera and get ppl to que to get their photo taken i could take my laptop and send a copy to peoples email adress for a small fee and that would pay for your upgrade and we could have a donation bucket as well mabe just random ideas pop into my head lol :lol: let me know what you think xx
sasashie

Postby Mickolas on Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:38 pm

sasashie wrote:we should realy set you up a photo booth that way u can set up the camera and get ppl to que to get their photo taken i could take my laptop and send a copy to peoples email adress for a small fee and that would pay for your upgrade and we could have a donation bucket as well mabe just random ideas pop into my head lol :lol: let me know what you think xx

hahaha sound like fun but I wish to look about as well (looking to buy some figurines and other anime related stuff)
and the donation thing i'd hate to ask people for money, its kinda like begging and I would be suck with ones and twos xD and carrying that weight around with me will give me server back pain (just like I had me May from having to carry all my stuff with me) and that's no fun!

ither way you do have some nice ideas and the sending my email thing, there is no real need for that, I can upload them to flickr and it will save the original as well (no hotlinking or I'll beat you with a stick :mrgreen: )

I must remind people that my camera isn't a DSLR but a P&S. (the camera I have is a Z1012 IS)
Mickolas

Postby Jade Edgeworth on Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:11 pm

The Hellsing group is huge on the Sunday! Feel free to take pictures. We'll most probably be hanging around outside by the steps again or down on the bank if it's sunny. :3

The Phoenix Wright groups pretty good for the Saturday too! :3

Another good idea:
Try and do photoshoots at the ball! I'm sure lots of people would love their pictures taken.~
Jade Edgeworth

Postby Silver on Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:15 pm

There's a fairly sizeable Final Fantasy group going both days, and I would personally love to see some photos of the groups.

Especially as we pretty much almost have the full main cast of Final Fantasy X going one of the days.
May Expo, 2010
Silver

Postby Mickolas on Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:33 pm

Jade Edgeworth wrote:The Hellsing group is huge on the Sunday! Feel free to take pictures. We'll most probably be hanging around outside by the steps again or down on the bank if it's sunny. :3

The Phoenix Wright groups pretty good for the Saturday too! :3

Another good idea:
Try and do photoshoots at the ball! I'm sure lots of people would love their pictures taken.~

I'm not going Sunday and I wont be at the ball, sorry
Mickolas

Postby Jade Edgeworth on Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:40 pm

Aw.~ Okay. :3
Jade Edgeworth

Postby sasashie on Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:21 am

Mickolas wrote:
sasashie wrote:we should realy set you up a photo booth that way u can set up the camera and get ppl to que to get their photo taken i could take my laptop and send a copy to peoples email adress for a small fee and that would pay for your upgrade and we could have a donation bucket as well mabe just random ideas pop into my head lol :lol: let me know what you think xx

hahaha sound like fun but I wish to look about as well (looking to buy some figurines and other anime related stuff)
and the donation thing i'd hate to ask people for money, its kinda like begging and I would be suck with ones and twos xD and carrying that weight around with me will give me server back pain (just like I had me May from having to carry all my stuff with me) and that's no fun!

ither way you do have some nice ideas and the sending my email thing, there is no real need for that, I can upload them to flickr and it will save the original as well (no hotlinking or I'll beat you with a stick :mrgreen: )

I must remind people that my camera isn't a DSLR but a P&S. (the camera I have is a Z1012 IS)

i fully understand your thinking i wouldnt want to be stuck all day not getting to look and buy since your only here for one day you have to enjoy it
i promise not to hotlink im scared of stick beating :( :(
and i hope to see you there ill make shure to take a photo of you so you dont feel left out
sasashie

Postby Mickolas on Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:39 pm

sasashie wrote:i fully understand your thinking i wouldnt want to be stuck all day not getting to look and buy since your only here for one day you have to enjoy it
i promise not to hotlink im scared of stick beating :( :(
and i hope to see you there ill make shure to take a photo of you so you dont feel left out

well I should be there real early so I'll have alook about then, even if I will be half asleep =P

Chill, I just hate it when people link a super huge image to lets say here and then we are nexted to unable to read what anybody says

thanks ^^;
Mickolas

Postby sasashie on Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:57 pm

:lol: afet ten hours traveling from scotland ill be lucky i dont fall asleep in some corner lol xx
sasashie

Postby Mickolas on Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:55 pm

sasashie wrote::lol: afet ten hours traveling from scotland ill be lucky i dont fall asleep in some corner lol xx
ten hours??? ouch thats some time! are you comming down on the friday by train and staying at a hotel or something?

and there was me complaining that it tames me about one hour and 30 by train

*gives you a enegy drink and pets*

-------------

any one want to make me a sign? xD;
Mickolas

Postby sasashie on Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:54 pm

yeah im coming down by train and staying @ the ibis hotel as its only 2 minutes from exel so im being a little lazy lol

awww ty for the pets and energy drinks xx
sasashie

Postby Mickolas on Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:01 pm

sasashie wrote:yeah im coming down by train and staying @ the ibis hotel as its only 2 minutes from exel so im being a little lazy lol

ahh I see ^^ just dont fall asleep onthe train or you mite miss a stop xD;

I'm too shy and scared to stay in a hotel, I think thats why I'm only going for the day ^^;
Mickolas

Postby rich29 on Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:04 pm

sasashie wrote:yeah im coming down by train and staying @ the ibis hotel as its only 2 minutes from exel so im being a little lazy lol

Yea thats were im staying except im only coming from hour and half away but thing being i will be going down during the rush hour on the friday lol
rich29

Postby sasashie on Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:09 pm

rich29 wrote:

Yea thats were im staying except im only coming from hour and half away but thing being i will be going down during the rush hour on the friday lol

well ill be the brunet at the bar in the hotel on friday nite from around 7pm i think lol xx
sasashie

Postby Mickolas on Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:58 pm

well then, its a shame I can't be there then :P hehe

*gives you a drink*

anything you wanna buy at the expo?

I'm getting myself a miku hatsune fig from ebay =x
Mickolas

Next

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO - OCTOBER 2008