Pokemon @ the masquerade(Joe/Granny Gertrude sings Pokemon)

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

Re: Pokemon at the masquerade (Joe sings Pokemon) Vid now up!!

Postby jacko360 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:28 pm

thank you that was epic
jacko360

Re: Pokemon @ the masquerade(Joe/Granny Gertrude sings Pokemon)

Postby Granny Gertrude on Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:32 pm

Oh dear I suck... >.<

Hope people enjoyed the rest of the Masquerade though!
Joe 'Granny Gertrude' Sutton
Cosplay @ Expo
www.facebook.com/grannygertrude
Granny Gertrude
Board Moderator

Postby adamoluna on Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:42 pm

XD

gotta love that.
The only thing I didn't enjoy so much about the saturday masq was how Joe and the other host were sort of bickering all the time... or, well, it was kind of one-sided I guess, Joe didn't offend. The other host (dunno his name) was very charismatic and a very pleasant host at every other main-stage event, like the heroes panel, but when someone's sense of humour is largely based on pushing others around it detracts from their charm, sadly.
I guess it was all in good humour, but it got kinda boring after a while :P I was under the impression that people around me thought it was a tad silly too.

maybe remember that for next year? :wink:
Last edited by adamoluna on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
adamoluna

Postby mogwai k on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:52 am

OMG! i cant belive i missed this!! we had to leave before the end or we would have missed our coach!! thats brilliant!!!
mogwai k

Postby sjbonnar on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:14 am

LOL Back in May Joe and I bugged a bunch of people at the ABC party by singing the "Bucky O'Hare" theme song at the top of our lungs to see who remembered the most words.

Was a draw as we both remembered it all LOL
sjbonnar

Postby sjbonnar on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:05 pm

Music Skypirate wrote:
sjbonnar wrote:LOL Back in May Joe and I bugged a bunch of people at the ABC party by singing the "Bucky O'Hare" theme song at the top of our lungs to see who remembered the most words.

Was a draw as we both remembered it all LOL

Haha I remember that. By the way I swear we're not allowed to talk about the ABC party on here lol.

*shrugs* LMAO
sjbonnar

Postby Granny Gertrude on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:52 pm

First rule of ABC Party is... you do not talk about ABC Party...

etc :P
Joe 'Granny Gertrude' Sutton
Cosplay @ Expo
www.facebook.com/grannygertrude
Granny Gertrude
Board Moderator

Postby theclaw on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:01 pm

adamoluna wrote:XD

gotta love that.
The only thing I didn't enjoy so much about the saturday masq was how Joe and the other host were sort of bickering all the time... or, well, it was kind of one-sided I guess, Joe didn't offend. The other host (dunno his name) was very charismatic and a very pleasant host at every other main-stage event, like the heroes panel, but when someone's sense of humour is largely based on pushing others around it detracts from their charm, sadly.
I guess it was all in good humour, but it got kinda boring after a while :P I was under the impression that people around me thought it was a tad silly too.

Thanks for the comments about the other panels. I am sorry it came across as bickering it was just a bit of fun and a way of keeping the chemistry between the both of interesting, good host, bad host if you will, lol. As for Joes singing I have heard that he has been offered a deal to release the song in time for Christmas :P
theclaw

Postby ZouZou on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:54 pm

Lol we all sang Pokemon at Midlands Expo in September.. I bet it will be a normal thing in the masquerade now :D
I should of gone to the Masquearde ;__; thought i couldnt get itckets. I was Azumarill Lol. I got caputered by that Team Rocket too ;_____;
ZouZou

Postby adamoluna on Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:49 pm

theclaw wrote:Thanks for the comments about the other panels. I am sorry it came across as bickering it was just a bit of fun and a way of keeping the chemistry between the both of interesting, good host, bad host if you will, lol. As for Joes singing I have heard that he has been offered a deal to release the song in time for Christmas :P

Oh aye, I understand, I guess I just would've liked to hear more about you and your funny sides, not just Joe's (rather obvious ones :3).
Anyway, I'm probably taking this too far, you were both very good hosts, better than the ones last year and the year before that. I'm just expressing my personal opinion :)

oh, and Joe's singing was epic.
adamoluna

Postby theclaw on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:30 pm

I think that Joe should do the song called the Poke Rap next time! As according to Goggle it looks like it could be a great follow up :wink:

Joking aside, It was as it has been the last several masquerades, fun to host it and the reason I am reluctant to kiss joe or sing is because at the end of the day its about the Cosplayers and the stunning cosplay and staggering amount of work they put into their entries.

Roll on May!!
theclaw

Postby PrinceMark on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:40 pm

adamoluna wrote:XD

gotta love that.

I know Stuart(The Claw) has already responded to this and I understand that in some circumstances it can be funny but I found myself wincing (and not in a positive way) when the "banter" came across as very bickery as well.

I think I (and a few others) felt the same way as Adamoluna and that it came across as quite awkward. I felt like some of the remarks to Joe were said as cheap laughs which the audience didn't really find funny as Joe is a pretty sweet and endearing guy as he is very genuine and is a cosplayer too.

One thing that frustrated me, as a performer/public speaker myself, was when Joe would be just about to announce the next entrant and Stuart(The Claw) would tell him to hurry up and get on with it. It just took up *more* time and got a bit boring.

Likewise, some of Joe's comments were pretty wince worthy as well. Family show Joe, family show... Keep the innuendo to a minimum yeah? ;) :D

Sorry for being a critic and jumping in with my opinion but it's the one piece of feedback I had for the entire weekend and didn't want to create a brand new thread for it.

Stuart (The Claw) does a great job in the other panels, and is also awesome before/in the middle of/ and after the Masquerade keeping the crowd happy, throwing out prizes and stuff, but in the times I have watched the event itself something just hasn't quite felt right about him hosting the Masquerade. Maybe it's because he isn't a cosplayer himself?

Anyway, none of the above is meant personally. Just my own little bit of feedback on the Masquerade, I hope it's worth taking into consideration.

Cheers.
~Mark
www.CosplayIsland.co.uk
The UK's *Top* Cosplay Database Website and Community Area
PrinceMark

Postby Manga Girl on Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:20 pm

I videoed this as well and my Brother got a fantastic shot of GG and his girlfriend singing :D
Once I've got my net back I'll upload them both :D
Manga Girl

Postby Manga Girl on Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:49 pm

Sorry for the double post but I had to put this picture up, thanks to my Brother for taking this :D

Manga Girl

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO - OCTOBER 2008