Anyone you didn't reconise?

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

Re: Anyone you didn't reconise?

Postby Berserk667 on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:57 am

there was one costume i didn't recognise in the queaue on sunday morning was a guy in a black suit with a black beard.

I had no idea who it was so i just called him either Rasputin or Brian Blessed in my head :lol: sorry dude
Berserk667

Postby Neko-Chan on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:52 pm

KaySpace wrote:NOBODY.

WATCHES.

GUNDAM00.

That's what I have to say on the matter. We were in a full 00 group, with a Setsuna and a Lockon and an Allelujah and a Tieria and a Sumeragi, but about 4 people realised we were even cosplaying, since the clothes are so very ordinairy.

DSFARGEG.

I DO I swear we took a few pictures of you guys.... :S at least we have pics of A 00 group, we have pics of the last gundam 00 group too. aswell as our own Seed group. (from may) dis u? contact me if it is would be awsome to tlak to you.. if not drop us a line anyway ^_^

I was slightly dissapointed, i was cosplaying Hatsune Miku from vocaloid. I got a lot of photos taken and people comming up to me, however only 3% knew who i really was the rest where just complementing my lights or asking why i had a leek! >.<
Neko-Chan

Postby SabakuKyuu on Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:22 am

Quite a few people I DID recognise but some of them... I kept thinking they were from something else and then realising "ohno, they're xxx from xxx anime, they just have the wrong colour wig/shirt/size/are wearing random cat ears"

My friend went as Sadako from the Ring and loads of people recognised her, but some people said "Are you from the Grudge?". All the same, she was popular XD

And a little fan came up to me like "You're Kagura from Gintama!" and I asked her if she recognised the rest of the Gintama group, but she just pulled a face and said no.

Ooookay. Also, our Elizabeth penguin got mistaken for a duck. PENGUIN, PEOPLE, PENGUIN!!
May MCM Expo
Sat - fem!America - APH
Sun - SF-A2 miki - VOCALOID
SabakuKyuu

Postby CrystalNeko on Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:56 pm

Neko-Chan wrote:I was slightly dissapointed, i was cosplaying Hatsune Miku from vocaloid. I got a lot of photos taken and people comming up to me, however only 3% knew who i really was the rest where just complementing my lights or asking why i had a leek! >.<

That was you!? I would've gone and said hi if I knew D= I would've gone up to you for a picture but everytime I was either having to go meet up with a friend to give her something quickly or friend stole my camera at the time D'8
CrystalNeko

Postby Adziu on Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:44 pm

I just remembered seeing some nicely-made costumes that I didn't recognise. It turned out they were from a production of Twelfth Night, I believe. Or at least, designs based on the play.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby Arkayen on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:26 pm

BurntKona wrote:We got 'army guys' or Halo a lot. Damn costume being based on a movie over 20 years old without the benefit of being a family favourite. ;)

You would think the Alien gave a hint :lol:

You'd think but nothing suprises me any more...
MCM Expo Message Board Moderator

Arkayen
Board Moderator

Postby shunasassie on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:54 pm

Arkayen wrote:
BurntKona wrote:We got 'army guys' or Halo a lot. Damn costume being based on a movie over 20 years old without the benefit of being a family favourite. ;)

You would think the Alien gave a hint :lol:

You'd think but nothing suprises me any more...

hey, it was my family favourite :lol:

at least I didnt get people what my costumes was when I wasnt in a costume, like I did at Ame thats my normal clothes god damit >.<
If I had a tail, I'd be chasing it

shunasassie

Postby picklesofdoom on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:48 pm

I was surprised. Quite a few people recognised meh and I did have quite a few pics taken..but have yet to find many. Quite a few people recognised my character on Sunday (Shippo!!) Particulary when I was with the Inu Yasha peeps :mrgreen: Still no photos *ish sad* even though LOADS were taken...! :lol:
picklesofdoom

Location: somewhere admiring the deep dark depths of my random mind

Postby ian on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:03 pm

I didn't recognise Excalibur from Soul Eater. I am not familiar with that series. It was only after seeing him again in some of the galleries that i could do some more research to find out who he was.

Very very cool, i saw him waltzing along with his cane.
ian

Previous

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO - OCTOBER 2008