Anyone you didn't reconise?

Do you Cosplay? Then tell us what you like about the event we organise, what costumes you are wearing or how you feel we can improve Cosplaying at the London MCM Expo

Re: Anyone you didn't reconise?

Postby Arkayen on Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:06 pm

Aw hun, you could have but please do so another time - I dont bite and would love to meet you ^_^
MCM Expo Message Board Moderator

Arkayen
Board Moderator

Postby Shadowhunter72 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:20 pm

ok ^^ i will be sure to say hi next year if i see you :D
Shadowhunter72

Postby Mizuyah on Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:00 pm

Doood. I went as the fortune teller heartless from KH2. I dunno if it was just a badly constructed cosplay or what, but not even the Kingdom Hearts cosplayers recognised me. >_<

I mean, I didn't expect people to recognise me much anyway and I got some recognition, but I dunno if it was out of recognising me or the costume as it was an unusually bright pink colour. But yeah, I got more recognition from the muslims next door. xDDD
May 09 Cosplay; N/A
October 09 Cosplay: Sister Miyako [Kannazuki no Miko]
Mizuyah

Postby The Dude on Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:10 pm

I'm surprised how many people recognized me as Altair. Although it was sometimes 'Assassin creed guy, Assassin dude or Assassin's Creed'
The Dude

Postby Kuria on Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:20 pm

CrystalNeko wrote:@Kuria: Special-pleb and I knew who you were, well we knew you were from Demonbane - neither of us have actually seen the series but we know what it is xD. I wanted to take a picture but you looked busy queuing up to get food so I didn't want to disturb you xD;

It was funny, when I was in my Steiner cosplay I heard people shouting out 'TINMAN, IT'S THE TINMAN' to me, I thought they were refering to someone else so I just walked on by and completely ignored them, I felt so bad when my friends told me they were actually shouting out to me ;__; Whoever thought I was the Tinman I'm sorry I ignored you! I didn't mean to D'8

Omg you knew me T.T

And I didn't see your Steiner cosplay ;_; I love FFIX, it's my favorite FF! I didn't watch the masquerade but when I heard the Steiner theme I was like "OMG DID SOMEONE COSPLAY AS RUSTY!? O.O"

I never sawwwwwww you~ =(

Picture plx? ;D
Kuria

Postby Shadowhunter72 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:32 pm

The Dude wrote:I'm surprised how many people recognized me as Altair. Although it was sometimes 'Assassin creed guy, Assassin dude or Assassin's Creed'

Well my dad said "Is that Assassin's creed?" i just said yeah, but said "His name's Altair by the way..." as we walked over to take a photo ^^

I'm not sure if it was you but i found it hilarious when you blended in with the stormtroopers XDD
Shadowhunter72

Postby SephNoir on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:07 pm

I was really surprised how many people recognised our Oh My Goddess and especially our Rayearth costumes. It's really good to know there's still people out there who know the classics.
I had a pretty funny convo on the Sunday about how our characters were probably older than half the people attending expo this weekend.
SephNoir

Postby Deviette on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:23 pm

I was quite disapointed for the first half of the day at the amount of people who didn't recognise us. Lots of people though that we were the ghosts from Pcman =_= (Or in one case "is it a condom?", or infact another case was "it's Caspar the friendly Umbrella!!") But after some very late lunching, we wandered around some more, and lots of people got who we were.

I was happy about that.
*insert relivent signature here*

http://fl00fy.deviantart.com
Deviette

Postby mogwai k on Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:33 pm

Briggsja wrote:And another instance for me was when i saw the Card Captors Sakura group with Kero, The Watery and The Firery (great costumes btw) but the person behind me said "OMG! look at the huge mouse" and at the time i was kicking myself thinking what his name was, even though i have just finished watching CCS a few days ago and it took me 10 minuets to finally get him right :P (i did then inform the person its not a mouse but a gryphon type animal that has all the power of the sun :P

OMG that happend all day. not many people knew who we were, and poor kero....at one point we went to the toilet and left him outside. he was then jumped by about 20 kids and one person thought he was pudsy bear! for children in need. that was such a funny day.
mogwai k

Postby Odd-One-Out on Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:59 pm

mogwai k wrote:
Briggsja wrote:And another instance for me was when i saw the Card Captors Sakura group with Kero, The Watery and The Firery (great costumes btw) but the person behind me said "OMG! look at the huge mouse" and at the time i was kicking myself thinking what his name was, even though i have just finished watching CCS a few days ago and it took me 10 minuets to finally get him right :P (i did then inform the person its not a mouse but a gryphon type animal that has all the power of the sun :P

OMG that happend all day. not many people knew who we were, and poor kero....at one point we went to the toilet and left him outside. he was then jumped by about 20 kids and one person thought he was pudsy bear! for children in need. that was such a funny day.

I saw Kero hanging around the toilets by the ATM, and correct, he was jumped on by kids LOL.
Odd-One-Out

Postby The Dude on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:03 pm

Shadowhunter72 wrote:
The Dude wrote:I'm surprised how many people recognized me as Altair. Although it was sometimes 'Assassin creed guy, Assassin dude or Assassin's Creed'

Well my dad said "Is that Assassin's creed?" i just said yeah, but said "His name's Altair by the way..." as we walked over to take a photo ^^

I'm not sure if it was you but i found it hilarious when you blended in with the stormtroopers XDD

Wow, somebody noticed!
The Dude

Postby adamoluna on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:37 pm

The Dude wrote:
Shadowhunter72 wrote:

Wow, somebody noticed!

yeah, I noticed too, you were great! :mrgreen:
I loved your costume, and how you so perfectly depicted his mannerisms!! *altair fan for life :P *

not a lot reckognised me as a Battle Sister, but I hadn't expected anything else :3
Those whod did know who I was got rather excited though, that's always a pleasure to see.
adamoluna

Postby grayskull8 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:06 pm

lols glad some one recognized my Darcia Wolfs rain cosplay but i guess not many people or have seen that anime so its excepted. ^_^
Quick little buddy! Whip me! Whip me!
grayskull8

Postby fia_x on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:30 pm

Like, 5 people recognised me.
Everyone else just took a picture because the xplay was 'interesting'
Either way, i'm still tired xD
fia_x

Postby Angelphie on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:33 pm

I was pretty surprised when someone mistook my Cinderella dress for Alice in Wonderland 0_o

No one had any difficulty identifying the costume otherwise, I think it’s a fairly obvious one…
Angelphie

Postby Adziu on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:39 pm

grayskull8 wrote:lols glad some one recognized my Darcia Wolfs rain cosplay but i guess not many people or have seen that anime so its excepted. ^_^

I also definitely recognised Darcia. Love Wolf's Rain.

I'm confident no-one except those I'd forewarned knew I was Emilio from Psychic Force, although someone did a lot of finger-clicking and pointing as he tried to remember where he'd seen the costume.
Adziu
Board Moderator

Postby kyothekat on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:28 am

all i kept gettin was ...

"omg ur thst crazy captyain from bleach" or "wow ur wat number captain, i dont no u name"

i kept gettin a lot of "omg legendary cosplay" " dude thats epic" and many other funny quotes..

but not many remembered the name.. tho 100's of fotos taken, but hardly any posted..:''(
~KpopKimi~
kyothekat

Postby SharinganGirl on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:40 am

fia_x wrote:Like, 5 people recognised me.
Everyone else just took a picture because the xplay was 'interesting'
Either way, i'm still tired xD

I think about 10 minutes after I saw you I was lyk 'OMG RUKI FROM TAION!'
Ahhh. I was so kicking myself when taking your picture. 'Is that Ruki or Kyo?! If only I could remember the video it's from!!' I came close to asking if you were from Dir en Grey...so glad I didn't, I would have felt ashamed afterwards.

Your cosplay was absolutely amazing anyways, even if it did take me a while to remember. ^.^
SharinganGirl

Postby BurntKona on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:28 pm

We got 'army guys' or Halo a lot. Damn costume being based on a movie over 20 years old without the benefit of being a family favourite. ;)

You would think the Alien gave a hint :lol:
BurntKona

Postby Versis on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:24 pm

I was Cid from FFVII: Advent Children, and noone recognised me at all :( I think I was the only Cid there!
Versis

Postby Solaris Phoenix on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:38 pm

BurntKona wrote:We got 'army guys' or Halo a lot. Damn costume being based on a movie over 20 years old without the benefit of being a family favourite. ;)

You would think the Alien gave a hint :lol:
Aw, you guys were fantastic. I'm a big Aliens fan, hehe. Shame more people didn't recognise you.
Legacy-fantasy book for Amazon Kindle
http://www.nazreal.com
Solaris Phoenix

Postby CrystalNeko on Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:19 pm

Kuria wrote:Omg you knew me T.T

And I didn't see your Steiner cosplay ;_; I love FFIX, it's my favorite FF! I didn't watch the masquerade but when I heard the Steiner theme I was like "OMG DID SOMEONE COSPLAY AS RUSTY!? O.O"

I never sawwwwwww you~ =(

Picture plx? ;D

Yeees, special-pleb and I saw the costume a while ago and were like "ARTWORK AWESOME, NEED TO FIND OUT WHERE IT'S FROM *google google*" so we definitely knew who you were xD
Ah, if you want pictures of my Steiner cosplay I usually keep the good ones on my [url"http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/costume/view/3577"]Cosplay Island[/url]

@mogwai k: LOL, I saw Kero being jumped by kids. I wanted a picture myself but thought he needed a bit of room from them xD; I did wonder why he was standing outside the girls toilets...
CrystalNeko

Postby FuriePhoenix on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:30 pm

Versis wrote:I was Cid from FFVII: Advent Children, and noone recognised me at all :( I think I was the only Cid there!

I recognised you straight away! To me Cid has the most recognisable outfit ever! The blue tee and airship googles give it away for me..
FRI:KatVonD SAT:Kida SUN:Vidia
FuriePhoenix

Postby Versis on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:43 pm

haha well this was my first expo, so I wanted something easy to do!
Versis

Postby FuriePhoenix on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:56 pm

i dont blame you! On my first expo that i cosplayed i did Tifa's advent children as that was well easy to make considering i already had the black top to chop the sleeves off and the skirt to slice into two kinda thing lol. My yuna outfit i jsut bought lol.
FRI:KatVonD SAT:Kida SUN:Vidia
FuriePhoenix

PreviousNext

Return to COSPLAY & MASQUERADE @ EXPO - OCTOBER 2008