Full English Breakfast Meetup! (IMPORTANT UPDATES, READ PLZ)

This is where any guests attending the event are announced. Chat about anything to do with the event that does not fit into the other categories.

Full English Breakfast Meetup! (IMPORTANT UPDATES, READ PLZ)

Postby diphenhydramine on Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:14 pm

EDIT: Breakfast Cosplay Meet

NOTE: Saturday is now fully booked, and one place left on the Sunday. However, I'm sure an extra person or so can squash in if their friends are going for breakfast, and they don't want to be abandoned 8D

IF YOU WANT TO ATTEND AND CAN'T FIT ON THE LIST:

I posted this comment towards the end of the topic:
diphenhydramine wrote:Ok, if you're unsure of how many might be going, and on what days, why don't you just turn up on the day? Since I can't really fill all the places up, and then find that only 2 people go or something xD Wouldn't be fair on everyone else.

What I suggest is, if there's only 1 or 2 of you, then turning up on the day should be fine. But if you turn up in a big group, and there isn't enough room in the cafe to accommodate everyone, perhaps you and them could come along, say, 30 minutes to an hour later? Some people will have eaten and rushed away, so there'll be some more space. And if you're in a bigger group then hopefully you'd be able to lol around for a bit without feeling bored or anything. Sound good?

Of course, I've never been to this cafe, so it could turn out to be massive xD

Time/Location: Meet perhaps at the bottom of the big stairs outside the exCel centre, at 10:40? Should give time for everyone to arrive =D

Price: Don't know for sure, but in the greasy spoon where I work, a full breakfast is under £4. So should be around £5 at most :3

HOW TO SPOT US: I'll be wearing an orange wig, and an orange skirt. WiggyDee will be wearing the fluffiest brightest orangest coat in the world. So look for lotsa orange =D

WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT: The Video Game Cosplay world record attempt has been scheduled for 11:30. For those of you coming to the Breakfast Meet in video game costumes, there should be time to eat and get back, bearing in mind that the world record attempt takes ages anyway as everyone needs to sign up and get their pictures taken. Me and my group probably won't be going to the attempt, as we need to change our costumes, and would rather have a nice breakfast than all that hassle :3

Since I don't know how big this cafe is, I think we should limit this to about 15 people, as we can't really expect them to make breakfast for a crowd of hungry cosplayers.

Saturday

1) Diphenhydramine (Nami ~ One Piece)
2) WiggyDee (Buggy the Clown ~ One Piece)
3) Grey-Day (Waka ~ Okami)
4) Rilack
5) Yatak
6) Yami_Luffy (Trafalgar Law ~ One Piece)
7 ) Sera-eclipse
8) Sera-eclipse's friend
9) Flush (Zoro ~ One Piece)
10) Ash-Chan (Robin ~ One Piece)
11) Flush's friend (possibly)
12) Flush's friend's twin (possibly)
13) Briggsja
14) Sasuko
15) Drovac

Sunday

1) Diphenhydramine (Oki ~ Okami)
2) WiggyDee (Felix ~ Golden Sun)
3) Rilack
4) Danyata
5) Yamakaze
6) Yamakaze's friend
7) xx_speckles_xx (Antisora ~ Kingdom Hearts 2)
8 ) Yami_Luffy (Trafalgar Law ~ One Piece)
9) Sera-eclipse
10) Sera-eclipse's friend
11) dragonofinfinity
12) Sasuko
13) Drovac
14)
15)

--------------------------

How this wondrous thread all began:
This is a very random request, but anyway. On the Saturday morning in particular, I'm getting up obscenely early and travelling in, and will get my ticket and such once there. After that, I would love to murder a big plate of sausages and bacon and hash browns and toast and beans and egg and OH GOD MY MOUTH IS WATERING D: The hotel I've booked for the saturday night does do them, but it's twice the price it'd cost anywhere else.

Does anyone know of any cafes in the area that do a good breakfast?
Last edited by diphenhydramine on Fri May 22, 2009 1:50 am, edited 25 times in total.
diphenhydramine

Re: Full English Breakfast

Postby Rilack on Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:35 pm

Nope not me, but thinking about it...I want to know too!
Rilack

Postby Yamakaze on Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:54 pm

Custom House does a cracking breakfast. The other residents of the hotel looked a little oddily at me eating in my Ness cosplay though. *grins*
Telford Expo 2010
Barry the Chopper, Human (FMA)
Yamakaze

Postby WiggyDee on Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:30 pm

Words cannot describe how much I agree with this thread.
WiggyDee

Postby diphenhydramine on Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:54 pm

Yamakaze wrote:Custom House does a cracking breakfast. The other residents of the hotel looked a little oddily at me eating in my Ness cosplay though. *grins*

I take it this is the Custom House hotel. Which must be pretty near the ExCel centre, judging by the name 8D what/how much is it?

WiggyDee wrote:Words cannot describe how much I agree with this thread.

Then a dinner date it shall be! Except it's a breakfast date! But that's more awesome so whatever!
diphenhydramine

Postby WiggyDee on Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:58 pm

Best. Girlfriend. Ever.
WiggyDee

Postby Ryoko on Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:43 pm

Mmmmmmmmm... breakfast with extra breakfast.....
Ryoko

Postby Toadsanime on Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:59 pm

Ryoko wrote:Mmmmmmmmm... breakfast with extra breakfast.....

With a nice, hot cup of breakfast to flush it down with.
Toadsanime

Postby diphenhydramine on Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:12 am

I think we're all in agreement that breakfast is amazing! Oh mighty forums, where might we get our breakfast D:
diphenhydramine

Postby Omega Rune Fox on Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:32 am

I don't know the area that well, but not sure if you cant get into custom hotel in the morning or if thats just for people who are staying in the hotel (you have to pay for breakfast if you dont add it to your room!)

Yeah Breakfast is amazing, well I went without last year... probably because I felt so naff that morning... and having a major sneezing fit before leaving my room !
Omega Rune Fox

Postby kyothekat on Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:26 am

Yamakaze wrote:Custom House does a cracking breakfast. The other residents of the hotel looked a little oddily at me eating in my Ness cosplay though. *grins*

hehe i was at custom house on the sunday mornin and saw u in ur ness cosplay. there was 2 others that walked in.. made me laugh....... and i vouch for the custom house brekkies.. they r amazingly good :d
~KpopKimi~
kyothekat

Postby diphenhydramine on Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:33 am

Well then, it looks like we shall be headed for Custom House :3 Anyone in possession of the knowledge of the price?
diphenhydramine

Postby Omega Rune Fox on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:58 am

diphenhydramine wrote:Well then, it looks like we shall be headed for Custom House :3 Anyone in possession of the knowledge of the price?

I can only guess it'll be about £3-4
I cant remember off the top of my head...
Omega Rune Fox

Postby diphenhydramine on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:16 pm

Omega Rune Fox wrote:
diphenhydramine wrote:Well then, it looks like we shall be headed for Custom House :3 Anyone in possession of the knowledge of the price?

I can only guess it'll be about £3-4
I cant remember off the top of my head...

*gasp* That is half the price of the Premier Inn. I think it might just be settled where we're going for breakfast! Thanks muchly :3
diphenhydramine

Postby diphenhydramine on Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:57 pm

Music Skypirate wrote:I have a suggestion as me and some of the expo-goers and myself have been having breakfast at a certain place which does a cracking breakfast for about £5. If you come out of expo and go across the bridge where the train station is to where Custom House is and turn left and down the road where the parade of shops are you should find this nice little cafe if you walk down (it's on the left). I've been going there for a few expos and I havnt been dissapointed. I get stuffed from the food and then I'm all set for expo ^.^

That also sounds rather wonderful! I shall definitely check it out :3 No offence to Custom House Hotel, but there's a nice feel that small cafes have that hotels just... don't. Yes, I'm weird like that >__> but oh well. Thanks =D
diphenhydramine

Postby Fullmetal_Dani on Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:25 pm

This topic is amazing xD Breakfast recommendations... finally an original topic xD
Fullmetal_Dani
Board Moderator

Postby diphenhydramine on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:50 pm

Fullmetal_Dani wrote:This topic is amazing xD Breakfast recommendations... finally an original topic xD

LOL I'm surprised it hasn't come up before! How could such an amazing thing as a lovely cooked breakfast be overlooked D:
diphenhydramine

Postby Nessie-chan on Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:22 pm

Would be a good place to suggest all the places of where we can get food in general in and around expo! With recommendations!
Slave Ranger!
Nessie-chan

Postby diphenhydramine on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:21 am

Nessie-chan wrote:Would be a good place to suggest all the places of where we can get food in general in and around expo! With recommendations!

Yeah, especially with how buying a sandwich at expo costs the same as a small country. What do we all do for food?

I sort of... forgot to eat =D I made caramel slice and brought it in, and the sugar rush apparently kept me from needing actual nutrition. The second day, I bought a sandwich at the end of expo.
diphenhydramine

Postby Omega Rune Fox on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:42 am

I didnt eat much at expo
Only realy had a chocolate bar when I was feeling faint and that was about it over the weekend.
Also drunk quite a bit over the weekend
Omega Rune Fox

Postby Rilack on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:57 am

i got a steak from the pti at the end of saturday, some super expensive dessert from novotel on the friday, a pizza on saturday...and starved on sunday...XD I had a lot of money to burn ^_^
Rilack

Postby Dominoed on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:17 pm

I had a few boxes of Pocky in October, with crisps, pinapple and marshmallos for breakfast xD

And I want an English Breafast now... bacon and sausagesss :Q
Saturday: Switzerland (Heidi) (?)
Sunday: Maguri.
Dominoed

Postby diphenhydramine on Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:27 am

Dominoed wrote:I had a few boxes of Pocky in October, with crisps, pinapple and marshmallos for breakfast xD

Isn't there just something about it that makes it edible at any time? I can't imagine ever thinking, "no, I'm not in the mood for yummy bacon and toast and sausages."

I'm beginning to suspect that I only started this thread to have an excuse to talk about food xD
diphenhydramine

Postby Omega Rune Fox on Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:57 am

diphenhydramine wrote:
Dominoed wrote:I had a few boxes of Pocky in October, with crisps, pinapple and marshmallos for breakfast xD

Isn't there just something about it that makes it edible at any time? I can't imagine ever thinking, "no, I'm not in the mood for yummy bacon and toast and sausages."

I'm beginning to suspect that I only started this thread to have an excuse to talk about food xD

Yes it is beginning to turn into a food thread.

I could do with a English Breakfast as well, but no where does it that I can get to
Omega Rune Fox

Next

Return to GENERAL LONDON MCM EXPO EVENT CHAT - MAY 2009